Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th

Comments

• TheodoreTheodore Posts: 9 New Member
    That's also will be great if you will make hair animation. Like when its windy or when sims are walking.
    Object modification will be coolest thing! Like delete wing on chair and save it like your own object (and share these objects with friends in gallery)
    It also will be awesome if sims could sit on stairs..
  • PihChanPihChan Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, The sims team~
    I'm not a native English speaker, but I hope you all will understand me (I'm trying :blush: )

[b]1) I think that most of the packs do not worth their price[/b] since it's possible to exhaust all features in few hours.
    Honestly, Sulani was the most poorly spent money in my life. The map is stunning, ok, but that's all. The mermaids are almost useless and their powers are boring, there's a secret cave in the island with a misterious puzzle that ends up in NOTHING, and... well, a barely use this pack because I don't find anything interesting to do there.

[b]2) I wish wedding was a more special event.[/b]
    I dream about my wedding day, but in The Sims 4 it looks very boring and it upsets me. I think it will completly change the game play to me if I was able plan my wedding before the actual event. Doing things like:
    [b]a) Buy/choose a special dress[/b] (that do not exist in the cas and is only avaliable for the wedding event)
    [b]b) Buy/choose a special cake:[/b] the current white cake doesn't have the *magic* of a ENORMOUS THREE-FLOORS OVERDECORETED cake that usually exists in real life weddings)
    [b]c) Choose the decoration:[/b] when I pick a place for the wedding, the place looks exacly the same as all other days and I want baloons and white roses all over the place. There's already a feature to change decoration during events, it won't be difficult to change a little bit to add a wedding decoration.
    [b]d) Have a real cerimony:[/b] I want all my guests to sit down and watch the wedding vows, but they never cooperate. I also want to cut a big cake and dance with my new husband.
    [b]e) Honey Moon:[/b] it would be marvelous if we doesn't have to work for 3 days after the wedding, so we can travel to somewhere with our new partner. (If we already have kids, they will be send to some baby-sitting place.)

[b]3) Romance isn't special.[/b]
    I feel like everyone is a pansexual with no preferences in this game and it's too simple to conquer someone.
    [b]a) Sexuality:[/b] it would be AWESOME if all sims have their own pre settled sexuality and turns down any sims that isn't in their preferences. And the player can also pick their interests before start to play.
    [b]b) Atrativeness:[/b] Like I said, sims doesn't seen to have preferences, I can be high or short, fat or skinny, good or evil, and it makes no diference. I wish they have some sense of atrativeness based on their traits. For exemple: Ambicious/snob sims doesn't match with unemployeds, but Glutton and Foodie fit well together. Some other sims will have preferences such as hair color, body type and etc.
    [b]c) More intimate actions:[/b] why sims automatically sleep after woo-hoo? Why don't they can't lay down together and have a sweet pillow talk? Why doesn't exist a slow dance for couples? All dances in The Sims 4 are single, there's nothing for couples. Besides this, all animations for romantics actions are so cold, I wish they look more cute and slow.
    [b]d) Break-ups:[/b] I would be SO GOOD if break-ups were more real. For exemple: Recieve calls from our ex asking to get back together or have a super-crazy ex who sends us evil "gifts" in the mail box.

[b]4) Story progression[/b]
    I feel like NPCs act like dumb... you know, NPCs. They never get married or divorce, they usually doesn't have jobs or any high hability, all their calls are equal ("I heard you got a job, congrats"), they have no personality and doesn't have any impact on the gameplay.
    [b]a) Mood:[/b] I usually see sims with "angry" or "sad" mood, but even when I try to calm them down, they doesn't tell me what happened.
    [b]b) Bring some life to the town: [/b]There isn't any "random event" going on while I play and I wish I was able to see something like a lost toddler in the park, a couple arguing in the street or a runnaway bride sometimes. I want to feel that the NPCs have a life that doesn't include me.
    [b]c) Marriage, break-ups and babys:[/b] why townies never have babys by themselves? Why they never divorce without my interence? There's a mod caled "MC Command Center" that makes all of this happen, but I think it's something that should already be in the game.

[b]5) Cas.[/b] I appreciate all the progress that is being made to make us able to recreat ouselves in the game, so I wnat to show some ideias.
    a) Eyelash, PLEASE. It makes SO MUCH DIFFERENCE.
    b) Vitiligo and more freckles.
    c) Super-duper-long-hair: please I NEED some hairs that covers all the back :(

Well, that's not all, but it's the most important to me.
    Thank you por read until here.
  • AlyssaBrosiBAlyssaBrosiB Posts: 17 Member
    I feel bad for you guys nobody appreciate s your game me personally I think its awesome if you don't like it why buy it why not try it first
  • PihChanPihChan Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, The sims team~
    I'm not a native English speaker, but I hope you all will understand me (I'm trying o:) )

1) I think that most of the packs do not worth their price since it's possible to exhaust all features in few hours.
    Honestly, Sulani was the most poorly spent money in my life. The map is stunning, ok, but that's all. The mermaids are almost useless and their powers are boring, there's a secret cave in the island with a misterious puzzle that ends up in NOTHING, and... well, a barely use this pack because I don't find anything interesting to do there.

2) I wish wedding was a more special event.
    I dream about my wedding day, but in The Sims 4 it looks very boring and it upsets me. I think it will completly change the game play to me if I was able plan my wedding before the actual event. Doing things like:
    a) Buy/choose a special dress: (that do not exist in the cas and is only avaliable for the wedding event)
    b) Buy/choose a special cake: the current white cake doesn't have the *magic* of a ENORMOUS THREE-FLOORS OVERDECORETED cake that usually exists in real life weddings)
    c) Choose the decoration: when I pick a place for the wedding, the place looks exacly the same as all other days and I want baloons and white roses all over the place. There's already a feature to change decoration during events, it won't be difficult to change a little bit to add a wedding decoration.
    d) Have a real cerimony: I want all my guests to sit down and watch the wedding vows, but they never cooperate. I also want to cut a big cake and dance with my new husband.
    e) Honey Moon: it would be marvelous if we doesn't have to work for 3 days after the wedding, so we can travel to somewhere with our new partner. (If we already have kids, they will be send to some baby-sitting place.)

3) Romance isn't special.
    I feel like everyone is a pansexual with no preferences in this game and it's too simple to conquer someone.
    a) Sexuality: it would be AWESOME if all sims have their own pre settled sexuality and turns down any sims that isn't in their preferences. And the player can also pick their interests before start to play.
    b) Atrativeness: Like I said, sims doesn't seen to have preferences, I can be high or short, fat or skinny, good or evil, and it makes no diference. I wish they have some sense of atrativeness based on their traits. For exemple: Ambicious/snob sims doesn't match with unemployeds, but Glutton and Foodie fit well together. Some other sims will have preferences such as hair color, body type and etc.
    c) More intimate actions: why sims automatically sleep after woo-hoo? Why don't they can't lay down together and have a sweet pillow talk? Why doesn't exist a slow dance for couples? All dances in The Sims 4 are single, there's nothing for couples. Besides this, all animations for romantics actions are so cold, I wish they look more cute and slow.
    d) Break-ups:I would be SO GOOD if break-ups were more real. For exemple: Recieve calls from our ex asking to get back together or have a super-crazy ex who sends us evil "gifts" in the mail box.

4) Story progression
    I feel like NPCs act like dumb... you know, NPCs. They never get married or divorce, they usually doesn't have jobs or any high hability, all their calls are equal ("I heard you got a job, congrats"), they have no personality and doesn't have any impact on the gameplay.
    a) Mood: I usually see sims with "angry" or "sad" mood, but even when I try to calm them down, they doesn't tell me what happened.
    b) Bring some life to the town: There isn't any "random event" going on while I play and I wish I was able to see something like a lost toddler in the park, a couple arguing in the street or a runnaway bride sometimes. I want to feel that the NPCs have a life that doesn't include me.
    c) Marriage, break-ups and babys: why townies never have babys by themselves? Why they never divorce without my interence? There's a mod caled "MC Command Center" that makes all of this happen, but I think it's something that should already be in the game.

5) Cas.[ I appreciate all the progress that is being made to make us able to recreat ouselves in the game, so I wnat to show some ideias.
    a) Eyelash, PLEASE. It makes SO MUCH DIFFERENCE.
    b) Vitiligo and more freckles.
    c) Super-duper-long-hair: please I NEED some hairs that covers all the back :(

Well, that's not all, but it's the most important to me.
    Thank you por read until here.
    Too much criticism not enough appreciation its your game appreciate it as is let it go players
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited May 2021
    I really appreciate the recent attention given to traits. When I heard more about what the changes do regarding autonomy, I was really impressed. I would love to see more changes that improve autonomy in the game. I enjoy it when my sims surprise me by doing something unique that shows their personality. But sometimes they don't do that, for example, child guests that take the garbage out while they're visiting my house. Maybe the team can take a closer look at autonomous actions and make sure each one makes sense for the individual/age. Thanks!

Also, I'd really appreciate more whims and better ones.
  • YK55YK55 Posts: 1 New Member
    All I would love is just a veil for brides likes please. Generations would be amazing - I know there r packs that are like somewhat oriented in that area like parenthood etc. But a generations expansion would just be lovely
    I appreciate that you want too improve but sometimes Ppl have too learn that its maxis game they make it the way they want players shouldn't be telling you what to do u don't like it don't buy it simple as that your in control not them you created it you should have say in how you create it
  • KatMelrose08KatMelrose08 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello!
    First thanks for all the work you do, everyone has a different idea on what the game needs and you can’t please all of us.

I have an idea, it would be cool if we could set lots in our neighbourhoods as available to ‘play’ for other players, you could mark it as open to anyone or just friends. Other player’s Sims would live in your neighbourhood and interact with your people while they maintain control. Basically other players could play and visit your game. You could even have lots/families that both players could play.

Also I still want werewolves, we have vampires, aliens, ‘witches’ but still no werewolves. Seriously?
    I just feel like there taking control and its ur game they shouldn't have say the players didn't create sims maxis did
  • Kappa8085Kappa8085 Posts: 1 New Member
    Would love more stories in general, however currently ones in game are slow to access due to having to wait for them to come up in shop (which has a reeeeally long refresh rate), also would love more lower paid packs
    Love the festival but not enough tasks I feel

Thank you!!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Thanks for the opportunity to give feedback directly to the team.

While I have been (and still am) always very critical about the state of The Sims 4, it is never a personal attack on any developer on the team.
    I think I can speak for everyone when I say that by being very critical and sometimes also really mad over some choices made in the design of content in The Sims 4, really only shows how passionate we are about the game and we want it to get it to a point where we can say that it is a true Sims game and the best it can be.

I hope the team takes all of our feedback very serious and puts all the effort in it to do something with all the feedback the community gives you.

Here my 50 cents:

More personality
    Sims still feel very much the same and it's really hard to connect to your Sims because they are all the same, act the same, do the same things etc. I really loved the Sims 3 trait system, because it made the Sims really unique. I actually really had to think which traits I was going to give that Sim, because I knew that said Sim would behave to their traits accordingly and was unique compared to Sims with different traits, and would make different choices in life compared to Sims with other traits.

Please, please, please. Tweak the emotion system.
    There are so many objects and interactions which alter your Sims emotions that the whole system became very unstable. For example when my Sim experiences the death of a family member or a friend, as long as I have a nicely decorated bathroom they will be fine. I think one way to ''fix'' the issue is to retune all the causes which give emotion buffs. I think sadness because the loss of a loved one should not give you a +3 sad buff or whatever, but instead should just overrule every other buff for a certain period of time, regardless of how nice my home is (for example). Same goes for finding out you're pregnant, that also should have a much bigger impact on your Sims' emotions for a certain amount of time and should not be so easily overwritten by other buffs. Key moments in a Sims' life (Pregnancy, Giving birth, Death, Being cheated on, being fired, getting a new job, getting promoted, getting married, divorced etc. Should be really impactful things on a Sims life and should overrule ANY other minor buff for a certain amount of time. By minor buffs I mean (for example) if my Sim gets microwaved food and ''it's cold in the middle'. That should just be a very minor buff and should never ever overrule key moment buffs in a Sims life. So does the ''nicely decorated'' buff shouldn't have any significant impact/overrule key moments in a Sims life.

I also think that Teenagers really should be smaller.
    It just feels so wrong (to me) now that basically every Sim has the same height and I really don't like it. Yes, teenagers are sometimes even taller than adults, but this is a game, not real life. The reason why I vouch for teenagers to be a bit shorter is because I think it gives the world more ''soul''. It just makes it look better and more accurate and I think that it can contribute to the ''growth'' aspect in a Sims' life. Which I think also contributes to the attachment we can get to our Sims'. Seeing them grow from a tiny baby to a toddler, to a child, to a teen (with a proper height) gives a sense of ''growth'' and connection.

Babies are Sims too!

I know this is not the place to ask for content but to give feedback, so here I go: Free the babies please. Babies are Sims too, not objects! If you couldn't guess by now: I am a family player and having ''real babies'' with real personalities (cry baby, quiet baby etc). Bald babies, babies with some hair, different outfits, toys etc. Again adds to the whole aspect of getting connected to your Sims' and their growth from cradle to grave.

Story progression
    Sims outside of my household are basically doing nothing. They are just ''walking around'' and there is no progress in their lives at all. I wish we could have Story Progression back: Sims getting married, divorced, having kids, getting jobs etc. It makes the world around us so much more alive.

Get rid of the loadingscreens within already loaded districts, please.
    This will be a tricky one, I know, and it's probably a very technical hurdle, but here we go: Please, can we get rid of the loadingscreens within loaded ''districts''? It really bothers me to this day that in order to visit my neighbour I have to go through a loadingscreen every time? It makes me not wanna travel at all. Even if the loadingscreens are not that long, it breaks immersion. Like I mentioned: it's probably not easy to get rid of them, and it will be a technical hurdle maybe, but please consider it and try.

I am totally fine with loadingscreens between different worlds and different districts, but already loaded districts shouldn't have loadingscreens in them. Houses are basically already loaded and the furniture is also loaded, so why the loadingscreens?

If we ever get story progression back I vouch for loadingscreens within loaded districts to be removed. I think seeing your neighbours going about their day (going to work, coming home, gardening in their yard, kids playing in the backyard etc), makes the game feel much more alive and enjoyable. At this moment the lots around our household are dead, and I really don't like that.

Add snow depth to Seasons

Seasons is a Great pack, I have always loved it in every game, but I still don't like that there is no Snow depth. It is possible, because Snowy Escape has that too (in certain areas) so I think updating Seasons to have actual snow depth is a much appreciated thing. It is the only thing I would really change about Seasons. I just don't like that it looks like a layer of paint painted over our roofs and street. Snow having more ''levels'' to them would add more to the atmosphere. Seeing a layer snow laying on top of your roof and streets would make Winter more enjoyable. I think Snowy Escape has proven us that it doesn't look ''not good'' when there is actual Snow Depth. One of the reasons we got for lacking snow depth is that it didn't look right. Yet I think in Snowy Escape it does look good. Please consider adding it! :)

More transparency about content that is being worked on!

A bit more transparency about content that is being worked on.
    I know, I know, the community is huge and we all want different things, but there are quite a few requests that have been made over and over and over the (almost) 7 years of The Sims 4 by now. (Cars, Freed Babies, Burglars etc.) I can only speak for myself, but always hearing the same thing such as ''we hear you'' - ''we know you want it'' - ''we would love to have it in the game to'' - ''it takes time''. Is really, really frustrating.

I don't think the community expects a solid date when a requested feature is going to be released, but what I would love to know is that certain features are in fact on the table right now and actually being worked on. It is really draining and depressing to not know IF something is coming at all. I think being more open about the things that are being worked on when it comes to the really big requests (such as Cars for example) will calm the community down because we know you are working on something. It's much better than to stay in the dark and seeing the years go by without our requests being fulfilled. It's really frustrating and comes accross like you don't care what we say, because we keep basically -begging- for requested features for years. Getting a ''we know you want it'' - ''we would love to have it too'' - ''we hear you'' feels like a slap in the face.

I wish in the future you can become more open about things like this. I think it will only do the community good.

More testing before releasing packs into the wild!

Please do more testing before releasing packs into the wild.
    Over the past years or two, I noticed the quality control going downhill fast. Packs release with tons of (game breaking) bugs and there are also a lot of bugs from years ago which are basically abandoned and never seem to get fixed.

Some of the bugs seem very easily to spot when there is actually more playtesting going on with every pack installed before release. Fix the bugs before release of a new pack. I know bugs are never 100% gone or unavoidable, but now it looks like packs have to be released ASAP and it shows when it comes to quality.

- More content in (especially Expansion) packs!
    With the Sims 4 it looks like (and I actually compared packs from previous series, so I can say it's the case) there is way less content in packs compared to previous generations of The Sims. Packs feel extremely ''shallow'' and lack replay value.
    Maybe this is because of having only one studio left to work on EP's, but in my opininon I'd rather have ONE very good and content-rich Expansion Pack a year compared to having 2 very shallow and mediocre lacking replay value packs a year.

There are probably some things I am not mentioning/forgot about here, but I'm sure other Simmers will bring up more points.

Thanks for reading.
  • ApriliseAprilise Posts: 431 Member
    My concern is the lack of things to do for babies toddlers and kids. The game seems almost obsessively focused on single young adult social sims and family gameplay is forgotten. Babies are objects and can largely be ignored without consequences as long as you direct a sim to feed and change it occasionally. Toddlers have few items/options (though this has slowly improved we usually only get just a small amount of items/clothes for them in packs/updates) again toddlers can be ignored with only minimum care without consequence even their skills or lack of them have little effect on the sim as they grow. Kid sims have the same 4 aspirations they’ve had since the beginning and again can be ignored with minimum care. They have little depth. There is literally no consequence for doing the bare minimum in these life stages. At most you’ll get a very slight skill gain bonus as an adult for doing everything but it’s not necessary.

There are no real consequence to anything you do in the game.
  • EvieRose269EvieRose269 Posts: 10 New Member
    In Sims 411 sessions it would be good to get more information on upcoming packs and inside looks on pack development.
    With snowy escape expansion pack, with the close knit lifestyle would it be possible to have children toddler babies and pets removed form that as if you have a married sim with two kids, a cat, and two friends then even though they are shy in my gameplay they can't have the the close knit lifestyle which is really annoying.
    I think that get together needs updating for all the new packs like there are no interactions from cats and dogs in the clubs system.
    It would be good to have more community voted stuff packs as those are really fun. For the base game we really need a working memory system like in sims 3 generations or sims 2 and improved babies.
    Farming, generations, and werewolves packs would be awesome.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Don't know if someone has mentioned this already but toggles, toggles, toggles. Why don't we have more of them in the game?

For example, manually setting the exact length of each life state. Or toggling on/off occults? Nothing is lost giving players more options to tailor their game. Like the option to turn off certain weather in Seasons, and the impact of NAPs in Eco Lifestyle? Great! Some people will enjoy those features, but for those who don't and still want to enjoy other aspects of the pack the ability to turn them off is a bonus.

It would be greatly appreciated if toggles for older packs could be implemented and for the trend of toggling game options to continue.

Also, pleaaaaaase. Some control over the spawnage of townies. Could we get a toggle to tone down the rate at which they spawn? I get that certain in game roles need to be filled. Perhaps a disclaimer in the options that turning down the rate of townie spawns could impact gameplay venues? Or giving players the ability to choose which NPCs to fill a role? I don't even care if this is done through cheats!

Thanks Sims Team for this chance to get my thoughts out there.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited May 2021
    Is it possible to make separate simoleons accounts like let's say a teen has a job and instead of the simoleons go to the household they can have it in their own account and transfer some to the household account.

Celebration is lacking like during a wedding we have more celebration in the cake cutting then the actual ceremony please can we get a celebration after the two get married.

An actual teen hangout lot where teens can go and hang out after school or when they are off and even have up to four sims have a study group session.

Hot Chocolate I don't think we have hot chocolate in the game but it would be nice in the winter.

More Hiking Locations please Snowy and the hiking was awesome so I would more Hiking Locations and also let the locations be as beautiful as the locations in jungle adventure please.

Can we get Sims to go to the doctors like we do with pets going to the vet if possible.

School get Summer Vacation if possible instead of going to school they get it off.

Feed the stray cats and dogs around the neighborhood they come to your home and don't eat the food I would like to feed them and also take the sick ones to the vet even if they are a stray.

Holding hands while walking is a cute romantic either automously or with the players help I would love to see two Sims walking hand and playfully bumping shoulders and kiss on the forehead.

Also this maybe more of a sims 5 request can we please have Preteens introduced in the game as a lifestage like baby, toddler, child, preteen, teen, ya, a, e I think it's about time to properly introduce them in game and it would be really fun.

Thanks for all that everyone do especially listening to me a whinny simmer. Lol.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    When are we getting better babies? I feel like the possibility was mentioned, pushed back and back, and then just dropped. What will you do if it actually happens? I would like to see something like The Sims FreePlay babies, which can crawl around, pllay, sit in a high chair, and learn to walk.

Please fix University. Of all my packs, this one is the least playable because the dorms are unusable if I don't want to lose my save.

Can we give our sims heterochromia, please? Bicolored eyes would be nice. I never understood why that was possible for pets but not Sims. If it's not possible, can someone please explain why?
    image.png
  • Maniac4uManiac4u Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2021
    I think the Sims has come a long way and I really appreciate the improvement of the graphics among many other features. I just find interactions in the sims 4 dull and boring. I wish there was more of that comical side like in the sims 1 and 2. More natural disasters that randomly happened. I can't put my finger on it but all I know I would play the sims 2 for literally 30 hours straight, then 3 came out and was more exciting but couldn't play as long because of all the bugs and lagging and now the sims 4 doesn't keep me interested for more than 2 hours. I've gotten several expansion packs to enhance gameplay but there's just something missing. Man, just realized I've been playing this game series for 20 years, holy cow. I'll always be a fan but hopefully gameplay in the sims 5 will have that, "I can't stop playing," feeling, lol. Oh and a farm expansion, the whole 9. Farm jobs where you go to work with them, trailers, tractors, animals, creating a farm business, the list goes on. Ugh, I can just imagine it, lol.
  • siirysiirsiirysiir Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey and thanks for this opportunity to share!
    I have several things that I'd like to hear you discuss so I'll just list them as separated chapters for legibility.

Traits! Are we getting more updates to traits, not only basegame but traits from packs too? They would help with the lack of gameplay depth in my mind, especially if done with use of buffs as reactions to situations/social interactions/using objects/self-interactions. I love how in sentiments sometimes both sims' traits are taken into consideration. (well at least there's that one that I know of, "opposites attract" that I got for my slob + neat couple) This is the kind of thing that gives more meaning to gameplay and a feeling of having consequences for choosing certain traits. This is what I want from the game. Obviously we all want more traits because with only three per sim it's hard to create very "deep characters". With this I mean more traits to the game but I would definitely love to have more traits per sim. Many simmers, me including, give 2 positive + 1 negative traits, (I mean no one's perfect) and I'm often feeling quite limited and always creating the same personalities. Everyone is a cat lover (right?;) ) but that leaves you with just 2 more traits.

Aspirations! Are there plans on adding more aspirations as updates instead of only shipped with new DLC? These would go hand-in-hand with more in-depth traits to make the game feel more alive or meaningful and hopefully a bit more challenging too. I constantly feel that there aren't enough aspirations even if I have almost all of the packs.

Cross-pack-integration! (I probably made up that word, English is not my native language...) Are we going to see more features from different packs linked with existing packs AND, more importantly, future ones? I'm phrasing it like this since often new packs are integrated to go with some of the existing ones but the ones coming after are ignored. For instance, Journey to Batuu came with generator objects but they don't function like the Eco lifestyle generators (so in that sense I feel that EL wasn't integrated to JTB since generators are EL gameplay). There are objects in the build/buy catalogue that would make sense to work off-the-grid but they don't. Would make sense that Laundry day's laundry line should be preferred over driers to dry laundry in eco friendly gameplay but I see no difference in game, also would have made sense to get a more compact laundry line or rack with Tiny living to dry clothes indoors. Scouting from Seasons would make sense to have some addition to Outdoor retreat gameplay and vice versa. I'm sure we could have a lot more types of celebrities with the fame system from Get famous, like famous snowboarders (Snowy escape!) or esteemed guest lecturers (Discover university!) for example. Karaoke is big in Japan but it doesn't really show in Snowy escape. These are the kind of things I'm sure a lot of us simmers would want to see, especially when it can feel that a pack does not add anything to _existing gameplay_, rather just adds more stuff that is disconnected from what we already have in game.

Game difficulty! What are your thoughts on the game being way too easy with little consequences for failing at certain things? Jobs are easy, school is easy, grinding skills is super easy. I find it very boring that every sim I create turn into 5 star chefs in a matter of two weeks of gameplay and I wish the game would offer more variation in that regard. I think Discover university succeeded well in this regard, since I feel we actually have to make our sims work for the grades and it offers some challenge especially when playing with more than one sim. Good job on that pack! I'm hoping to see more challenge, I hope you are willing to provide it!

Hairs! I'm so glad about the recent updates for some of the existing hairs so thank you for providing those! Have you got plans to update other basegame hairs, as in, straight or wavy textured hairs too? Thinking about Nina Caliente..

So those are the most hot topics that I'd like to hear addressed (in addition to simulation lag) and thank you for listening! And I hope you have an Alphaville earworm now :D
  • PapingsuPapingsu Posts: 2 New Member
    More requests to improve the gameplay :

1. MORE WEDDING OUTFITS
    2. ADDITIONNAL OUTFIT (clothing choice (pie menu)) : work + wedding + funeral
    3. BUSINESS AT HOME : Owning a business, on my Sims’s house
    4. OFFICE : just a place where sims can sit and do work task with some specificities : outfit rule, work restaurant, a receptionist to inform that someone (a client) want to meet.
    5. OUTFIT TRAIT LOT : implant an outfit rule on a specific lot (work outfit on office lot, party outfit on festival lot)
    6. MORE NPC : a trait that ask to have more NPC on some public lot
    7. FOOD STREET : open on every public place, without asking and paying to ask someone to come
    8. EATING AT TABLE IN FAMILY : in same time and don’t leave before someone is still eating
    9. OPTION FOR SINK : difference between kitchen sink and bathroom sink
    10. WASH BASIN : to wash toddler and dog when there is just a shower

--> DYNAMIC WORLD : many comments about it but I would like to reinforce this request

MORE IMPORTANT : Can you inform us more about TS4 projects ? I would be happier to know on what you are working and don’t wait the last moment to have a surprise and waiting few months before hearing some news.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I would like to know why those of us who payed for packs to get specific features lose them. Some examples;

Aliens abductions, vampire visits, blind dates in get famous, rabbit hole city invites eg. The opers at 8pm in city living and nearly all the party events in get together.

Why cant you add off/ on switches instead of penalising all paying customers because some people dont like a feature? I like phone calls it makes my dim feel connected to an otherwise lifeless world but i know it is annoying to other play styles. Now the only call my sim gets is job offers and the odd date if single.

I especially miss the 3 Windenburg parties at the ruins, the island and the mansion. Why were these stopped or made so rare they never happen for 9 generations of my family so far. It was the first pack i bought and still my favourite but the loss of festures i paid for is frustrating. The "party with club friends" thing that replaced it is stupid. A. Club members are usually not my sims friends but a group gathered for skilling or story purposes. B. There is nothing to do at the "party" just a bunch of sims standing around. C. Clubs exist for their activities but these arent available at the location of the "parties". Why would my sim want to go? It makes no sense from a game play or story perspective.

Please bring back my windenburg parties.

Also will you be fixing the hair that Candy Behr has, one of the worst ones in the game?
  • TheSimsMichelleTheSimsMichelle Posts: 1 New Member
    Hmm where to start.
    1. The Sims 4 game gets boring real fast. With the Sims 3 I couldn't go a few days without playing it even though it is extremely buggy. I can go months without playing/missing the Sims 4. If I could return the whole Sims 4 game and get my money back, I would. Even with the many packs that I have (and I have A LOT) the game is still so boring. How is that possible?? Just hundreds of euros down the drain😭. I should've just brought a better laptop that works for the Sims 3. Can't go back now.
    2. Make the Sims more unique. From young adults to elders they all act the same. There's barely anything that sets them apart.
    3. More/better traits. Give the sims more personality.
    4. There needs to be more obstacles in the game. Everything is being handed to you so easily. Why is it so easy to get rich? In the university pack: why does a laptop cost more than going to university itself?
    5. Again why is it so easy to get and stay rich? My sim family has more than 1 million simoleons and would only have to pay 8 thousand simoleons in bills. How is that realistic?
    6. Make the game more realistic.
  • BottleIfRoséBottleIfRosé Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I was curious what is your priority right now? Bug fixes, new packs, improvement of the base game? I know you work on everything all the time, but after all the feedback what will you focus on the most?

Also I would LOVE to see more lore and easter eggs added to the game along with more npcs! Burglars, police, matchmaker maybe? :D

I think also everyone noticed that TS4 is significantly "easier" and less chaotic than older sims game and i think that the chaos was why everyone loved it so much! I know you are trying to aim for a bigger audience, but maybe adding some settings for difficulty so if you would like the game to be harder and more chaotic it would be possible. I think that for me the biggest challange in the sims 4 is to make it more difficult :D
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    I like the game. Keep up the good work!
  • AngelBubbyAngelBubby Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, firstly thank you for all you do. I love playing with Plantsims and fell in love with them when I first started playing The Sims, with my first encounters was Sims 3. (Which my pc does not allow to load). I wish that with Sims 4 they allowed for babies/toddlers/children to also be Plantsims. To me, Plantsims were an after thought and they got left behind with the game play. If I was to have one wish for an update, it would be to be able to make a whole family as Plantsims as you can with other species. I also would like to know why with the species as aliens, magical folk etc that they had to keep their life a secret and get looked down upon by other Sims. Once again thank you for all you do, I love The Sims and it has been my go to game when life beyond my home has been to much especially during lockdowns, covid etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top