Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th

Comments

• Irina1985Irina1985 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello dear SimGuru! I really love The Sims series and have been a fan for 21 years. Please forgive me for my English, I am from Russia :)
    I am very happy that you gave us the opportunity to write our thoughts on our favorite game to make it better!
    I want to write my ideas (dreams :)) and if there is such an opportunity to correct / add in the future. Perhaps my thoughts coincide with other players, or maybe you will like them :)

So CAS and gameplay:

-When creating a character, the ability to choose an initial budget. The ability to create a very rich or very poor sim without using cheat codes
    - Personality traits, there really should be more of them in order to better reveal the personality. There is a lack of personal preference, chemistry.
    -Memories. This is just my dream. I've been waiting for my sims to have memory for a very long time.
    -the ability to create a very serious, pretentious character
    -the ability to customize the orientation of the sim (and npc too)
    -the ability to create a monogamous person who will be faithful to his soul mate all his life
    -Family affection. Ability to send children to grandparents on weekends. So that they children would call their parents and tell them something about their vacation.
    - A more realistic relationship with adultery. The ability to confess to adultery and ask for forgiveness.
    -autonomy for non-game sims. These Sims don't participate in our main game anyway.
    -Banks. Possibility to issue credit
    -Hotels
    -Site dating
    -Funeral and cemetery. Grave with a portrait. Possibly a monument in the form of a statue if the sim was a celebrity.
    -variety of lots: cinema, cemetery. The ability to create combined lots (for example, a cafe on the first floor and a living area on the second), photo studios where you can take ready-made family pictures for memory
    -It seems to me that npc should come to work at the kiosks on schedule, regardless of the type of lot.
    -various animations: playing the guitar while sitting, slow dance, watching TV while sitting on the floor, lying on the couch. Animation of the entrance to the elevator. The fainting animation does not have to be the same animation as the dream.
    -Singing must match the Sim's voice. I have a sim with a low rude voice and when he starts singing it is the voice of another sim :(
    -cleaning / selling items from family baggage with one click
    - I'm not a fan of babies, but many players are worried about their stripped-down gameplay. Personally, I prefer to skip this stage of age.
    Almost impossible, but I'll try :):
    -the adolescent stage does not differ in any way from the adult stage. One more age stage would not hurt here.
    -Adjustment of growth, or at least a few ready-made to choose from.

Construction, visual aspect of the game:

-Repainting the ceiling
    -my little dream is to fix the light outside the house, the light that is visible from the windows of the house on the street should be displayed correctly. He must visually create coziness, a desire to look inside. At the moment, the light through the glass windows is almost invisible.
    - round walls.
    -glass walls? It would be cool.
    - round pool
    -the ability to build 1 or more elevators in the house.
    - glare from light on objects and the ability to turn them off for older computers
    -reflexes, for example, garlands on a Christmas tree should create a beautiful picture on the floor and walls. This must be the most beautiful thing on this wonderful holiday.
    -Rays of light can pass through windows inside the house, this should add atmosphere to the game.
    - it would be cool to add the ability to build windows in the ceiling that let in a lot of light.
    - spiral staircases. Well, as if it's time already :)

And finally, I really want to see an add-on about the future with a beautiful city and megatowers like in SimCity in which you can live))
    Thanks for your time :)
  • AugustoAugusto Posts: 29 Member
    Hi Everyone/ Sul sul

First of all.. Just saying the I love the Sims franchise and I see lot of potential in The sims 4… with that in mind I have some thing to say (Sorry about my English)

1) Why Whims where disabled? You have plans for they?
    I think whims is a way to give more personality for sims, but they need to be relative to their traits and not so much about the season, buy stuff or emotion.

2) Any plans for the Emotion System?
    I thinks emotion change to much and so quick. I use Meaningful Stories by roBurky to prevent this, but not everyone like to use mods

3) Why cross-pack is forgotten?
    We need more integration between the packs.. Like traditions, sentiments, swim in lake and oceans, school activities…

4) Why we have so few hobby traits?
    I think more traits give the game more life… one more slot trait would be nice (after all we have 4 categories of traits) and more hobbies too

5) There’s any talk about the difficult of the game?
    The game could be more difficult, is so hard for the sims die, fail, or something random… Sims could become sick and go to the hospital or tries rest for a long time to be cure.. buy a remedy that cures all or just rest for 1h is kind bad

6) Other Things:

Relationships… I don’t know if it is possible, but I think relationships have to be one side .. ex: one sim is in love for other but is not reciprocal

Lore… Make townies sims with skills, friends, jobs, complicated stories and mistery

Occults… some ghost have extra powers and some just exist. why? Paranormal should bring something for ghosts… Please some love to occults (Plants sims)

Expansions… Expansions packs should expand/impact all the game…. City Living, Island Living and Snowing Escapist bring gameplay to that location.. I think should be like Season or Eco lifestyle that have something that affect all worlds

Life Stages.. Teen to Elders.. they have few different between they.. this should be improve

Deg Deg
  • SeedsOfPumpkinSeedsOfPumpkin Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi hi, cool to see such an option for us to talk! Hope mine will be read too! (And hope it didn't post twice)
    Firstly, as anyone else, traits and emotions. I really love the recent uptate which gave different Sims new actions and you should definitely keep adding them! In my opinion, the thing with Hates Children trait, only getting pregnant when dazed, shouldn't be removed or anything, as in "did something dumb", but something like "convince to have a child" would be great, with the success rate less than 50% so we'd need to try it multiple times.
    Next ofcourse would be the attraction system and memories. Some other players have already written about them really well so I won't say much else. Just something that would be so cool to have.
    Now something I've thought about for a long time. We all know sims get very sad for a few days after losing someone close. We also know that if they have enough positive emotions they can get very happy, while still mourning. So what about having emotions cancel eachother out? +5 sad, +5 happy = fine, and such.
    Another thing that's been on my mind is that perhaps not have all interactions always open? Like, unless your sim is mean or evil or in a bad mood, or the conversation is offensive, all mean interactions aren't available. Same to when your sim is angry they won't want to say everything from the friendly list or do romantic interactions. But a hug might calm.
    Also saw someone note having more unfortunate events occuring when sim is feeling something negative, which sounded great.
    Now townies. Many have mentioned them not having a life and explained it through, so again, I won't bother to. But please, could it be possible to make it so that before a neighbor I was talking to outside barges in and starts playing games on my computer, they have to be invited in first? It's rather annoying.
    Another thing others have said, sims often end up with lots of money, so it would be useful if we could buy more than one lot for a sim, and possibly even rent it out.
    And lastly gurus! It would be really cool to see them working on new stuff and post about what they're making (not full content ofcourse, but just sketches and unfinished cas items and funiture). That would surely excite players more than secrets. And if you could tell us why you aren't doing the wildly requested things, like adding more traits or memory and attraction systems, it would be really be appreciated by many players, including myself.
    That's all from me! Hope the length is acceptable. Keep up the good work! o:)
  • nifflrnifflr Posts: 7 New Member
    I'd love there to be an option in Create a Sim to have starting skills, and a career without having to go through the Sims Stories feature. People don't enter the world as adults without any skills or experience whatsoever.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I wish your team - SimGurus, other official sources, etc - felt like they paid as much attention to this forum and other sources of player discussion as they do to Twitter. Focusing so much on Twitter, and the game changers on there, really narrows the discussion and feedback you're getting. And since you don't seem to be adding new people to the game changer program, you've established what amounts to an echo chamber where you're seeing only a slice of feedback from a certain audience.

There are other things I could ask for specifically to do with the game, but you've asked us not to use it as a wishlist, so I'll leave it at that.
  • PatrickClasterPatrickClaster Posts: 25 Member
    Why did you only invited GammeChangers from english speaking countries to build houses for the Snowy Escapes? Or why do almost always only collaborate with gamechangers from english speaking countries? There are Gamechangers from Europe or Asia, who did not get same opportunities. I don't understand why japanesse gamechangers didn't build houses for japanasse themed pack, but american gamechangers did.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I know this would be a no from EA but maybe stop making new packs and just revisiting all the others to make improvements and then move on to a new game would be nice. At least trying to fix this last 7 disappointing years of The Sims franchise.
  • MoodSwingerMoodSwinger Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="corydien4616;c-17874229"]I like the game, but it's not the same feeling as the SIMS 3. When I think of World Adventures alone, I loved that add-on. You could feel the different peculiarities of the Sims in the countries and the story was exciting.
    The open world was also a great feature.
    Unfortunately, everything feels like redundancy now. Life seems to be the same for every Sim.
    The temple quest in Jungle Adventures was exciting with one Sim. It was also with another Sim with "supposedly" a different character, but then you've also seen virtually everything. Compared to the World Adventures, it was unfortunately quickly boring.
    I wish there was more depth in the game, more bonding. Just thinking about how long it took me to get the ghost of Agnes Crumplebottom's husband to move in and become human again, so I could give her a happy ending. That was riveting.
    A new SIms world would also be nice again with more space.
    Thanks for your effort.
    Unfortunately, I have the feeling that you are missing the heart and soul of the past.
    [/quote]

Totally agree with this, everything about TS3 was amazing. World Adventures, Pets, Generations ... TS4 doesn’t compare unfortunately. Sims have no personality. There is nothing for them to do, no point to any of it, they have no memories, no emotion ... it just makes it feel pointless
  • MariammsMariamms Posts: 13 New Member
    Hello There,

I just want to know when is the crashing going to be fixed? I play on Xbox one and it started crashing on me last April of 2020 when I just had 60 households. I had all expansion packs except vampire one. All the game packs except the garden, Halloween, and tiny house one.

I just want the crashing fixed. That is all I want to be able to play all of my sims because now I can't. Especially with Brindleton bay it crashes a lot there.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    And if you do nothing else with the feedback, at least add a Ukrainian localization for all the players in this thread asking for it!
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    We need some DEEP changes to the game - because there are no consequences and every story becomes flat and meaningless. In the sims games I LOVE the game could become hard to play and get the outcome you wanted for your sims, but that's what made the game fun and inspiring. There's too much focus on shallow meaningless fluff at the moment. Give players options and implement more toggles and options in settings - give us the ability to edit towns and give us control over the town sims more than we have now - the ability to manage and edit NPC's and their roles. There are tons of mods that work wonderfully that are clear examples of what players want and the devs could expand on that and give us a truly remarkable player experience since they have access to the game code in a way that modders do not.

- deeper personalities for sims and wants and fears and memories
    - fixing game lag and simulation lag
    - control over npc and sim roles in the towns and being able to edit and adjust their behavior - I would love to be able to create and assign specific npc roles.
    - updated community lots and how they work - I want to be able to create how sims interact and use objects on the lots and create unique community lots where there are endless possibilities - this have been done before so the devs could just expand on the ideas already present in previous games or just look at what modders are doing that is popular.
    - Being able to own more lots, or whole towns, own and make apartments and all kinds of real estate. Fix apartments so we can build them ourselves.
    - CARS. Probably need some kind of world editing tool for that, but it could be limited as long as we could edit or change lots in some way to accommodate cars.
    - Fixing broken or sub par game mechanics and features - for example the retail feature from Get to Work could use a serious upgrade.
    - Make certain things optional - maybe a sim wants a landline instead of a phone. Give us the option to apply for work in news papers or magazines for instance.
    - Fix babies - they're incomplete as far as I'm concerned. They need an update.
    - Ghosts need an update - give us an option to not have them been seen all the time or by all sims. Make then at little more scary, similar to Sims 2 would be nice, or close.

None of these requires rocket science, it's just the start of fixing the game that we all love. There is more that could be done which I'm sure there will be many comments about.
    Thanks for reading. <3
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • nifflrnifflr Posts: 7 New Member
    I really don't play live mode anymore. I only build. If live mode felt more like a game and less like a dollhouse, I would play it more. It needs some challenge, some difficulty. I want to feel like if I don't play my cards right something devastating could happen to my sims. I want there to be stories that I don't have to write myself. I enjoyed the Opportunities and quests that were in the Sims 3. I enjoyed the difficulty in The Sims 1, where I truly had to work in order for my Sims not to die.
    Why don't you make more culture themed updates? I do lovve that you are trying, but more often updates related to different cultures would be fantastic. And how do you decide what culture will you do? And why is the game so much american themed? The Sims is global game, it seems weird to be so focused on America but not on other countries. And even though you make american culture, ypu did not make anything native american related. Also Slavic culture that is not just Russian culture (so for example Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary..) would be great to see too - so why do we have to still wait for these?
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Oh guys. After 5 hours this theard is a total mess and a huuuuuge wishlist. I know your frustration, because I'm also a customer, but SimGurus asked about something different here. Let's be more kind empathetic. I'm sure that the most of SimGurus do their best for us. Don't be so rude when they try to improve the communication with us. Next time they can skip consultations like that because of our behavior. As I said in my post I also want to have some new things and more transparency but I try to respect SimGurus will. Please do the same because this topic can be the last one.
  • kapoormahirkapoormahir Posts: 1 New Member
    With representation increasing in the base game, I was wondering if the team has any plans on adding more depth to South Asian representation? The recent update added a new swatch to a base game painting "Portrait of a Marriage" which showed a desi sim in a saree with henna on their hands. Both the saree and the henna is something we don't have in CAS. Does the team plan on adding those to the game because they were absolutely stunning!
    Thank you! :)
  • Gloxinia19Gloxinia19 Posts: 7 New Member
    I would like cars and more lot types. There should be a way for sims to own more than one lot not just a retail lot. I would like more jobs too. The thing I really want is a free update on babies. I want them to crawl and have sims pick them up and feed them. The thing I want the most is spiral stairs. I want more free updates. There should be more hair colors. I feel like my hair color is not in the game. There is a dark brown but not a dark dark brown.
    Many mentions of LGBTQ representation have been done. Now I love the representation your game gives us. But I want to mention what is the game lacking still in, especially when one Guru said that all sims are treated equally, but this is still not the case.

More gender options and pronouns are must. But then also transition would be great gameplay feature.

Having divided sexual and romantic orientation is really something important to me. I would love to have solely aromantic sims or just asexual sims, or sims sexually interested in one gender, but romantically in others. Attraction system would be probably helpful in this case.

Gays and lesbians deserve option to have their own babies. Yes, we can make male sims pregant, but some people likes to play more realistic, so option for surrogacy would be fine. And of course, for women 🐸🐸🐸🐸 donor. Foster care is another interesting thing to think about.

And not at last - polyamorous relationships.

Have you already thought about these? What dp you think could be better in terms of LGBTQ representation?
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Many mentions of LGBTQ representation have been done. Now I love the representation your game gives us. But I want to mention what is the game lacking still in, especially when one Guru said that all sims are treated equally, but this is still not the case.

More gender options and pronouns are must. But then also transition would be great gameplay feature.

Having divided sexual and romantic orientation is really something important to me. I would love to have solely aromantic sims or just asexual sims, or sims sexually interested in one gender, but romantically in others. Attraction system would be probably helpful in this case.

Gays and lesbians deserve option to have their own babies. Yes, we can make male sims pregant, but some people likes to play more realistic, so option for surrogacy would be fine. And of course, for women ❤️❤️❤️❤️ donor. Foster care is another interesting thing to think about.

And not at last - polyamorous relationships.

Have you already thought about these? What dp you think could be better in terms of LGBTQ representation?

I can not explain how perfectly you put my thoughts into words! Yes! :blush:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    6. Could you add for clubs the ability to join only for ghosts, or only for mermaids, only for vampires etc.?
    Also could we make a restaurant for children? Where all the families come with their children?
  • barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    I have played the Sims for years, I love the thread that is on here about things you might not know about the Sims 4, I think that would be nice if every Maxis Monthly you included something "in the sims 4 you might not have known" something about gameplay or behind the scenes etc..
  • TinyWhiteThangTinyWhiteThang Posts: 15 Member
    Are you going to address the issue with masculine and feminine clothing on the opposite body type?
  • EvaAngel2017EvaAngel2017 Posts: 15 Member
    Hello. There was a slow pair dance in the main game, you removed it.
    Can I get it back? I'm a fan of the supernatural.
    I wanted witches, got wizards. It's a shame, I didn't buy it.
    Please update simlish (sim voice) and animation.
    Remove EcoSled and Heatwave Northern Lights.
    (The laptop is heavy) Thank you!
  • LukeEionLukeEion Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Sims team!
    I was wondering if you are planning to reignite the community Sims Spark'd Challenges?
    I thought these were fun way to bring the community together (personally I especially found this with the storyteller aspect) and i liked that it gave new a new reason and an 'objective' (for want of a better word) to pick up the game and play!

Appreciate that these would have been very time consuming to regulate however!!
    B)
  • SimGuruMoSimGuruMo Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul Sul Sims Team!
    1. SOCIAL MEDIA/SIMSTAGRAM: I hate hanging all their photos on the wall because sometimes I take 20+ on one vacation alone. I would love if you guys could incorperate a scrapbook or simstagram feed so they can look back on their photos without compromising the aesthetic of their homes.

2. I LOVE THE COLLABORATIONS WITH EA GAME CHANGERS! thank you for doing that!

3. FEEDBACK ON KIT/STUFF PACKS: I appreciate the hard work that goes into the game packs however, I felt that some were completly unecessary such as tiny living, I would appreciate if you guys incorperate more tiny packs and kits around things that interest the masses.

4. THE FUTURE OF LEGEND EDITION: my best friend has legend edition and I find that the gap between our games is astounding. Is there any possibility of giving legend edition their own community? It seems pretty unfair that they are not able to buy new packs and download from community.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I hope you could discuss:

1) Long term v. Short term gameplay content and decisions. (A lot of times, I feel even the EPs add a lot of short term content but not so much long term gameplay.)

2) If content updates for older content, DLC and base game, such as worlds and ages and game options are in consideration.

3) Since Inside Maxis seems to be focused namely on base game updates, what can be said about the future of those going forward?

Thank you for your time and attention.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top