Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Seasons Calendar might be coming to the base game

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Adding the base functionality of the calendar to the base game will allow them to add on it with each pack. Maybe we'll be able to see when the festivals occur in the future. I'm all in for that.
    I highly doubt that it means everyone will get holidays or weather for free just because you can see those in the calendar.

I think this is a genius idea, a regular calendar that shows birthdays and work/schedules for the base game. Holidays exclusive to Seasons, and whatever Snowy Escape added.

Then like @crocobaura said they could come out with a farming pack that introduces harvest times to the calendar.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Lol. What's the point of buying packs if they patch in all the selling points of EP's in for free anyway?

I just can't anymore with their plum practices.

@rudy8292 the selling point of Seasons are: the seasons. Also, the holidays and traditions are the main thing for the calendars in seasons, so... I'm ok with it being added to the base game as I've always thought it should've been base game.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i dont really mind
    hopefully if they do make it base game it shall also be updated so events and festivals and such from other packs show up on it

Yes, they should make the City Living/Island Living/Snowy Escape festivals appear on the calendar and the festival activities appear as traditions to be used as well.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Maybe it's a farming calendar, it tells you when to plant and harvest vegetables and fruits.

Would make sense for the rumored Werewolves GP too, lunar cycle on calendar to improve harvesting.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I hope they patch in more fun events with especially the Sims 4 and the Sims anniversaries so they don't keep forgetting those each year. I would love if the Extra Life event got patched in too.

Extra life event?
    It is a great program. They have been partnering up with them for two years now going on three hopefully. Gurus play games for charity on Twitch:

https://www.extra-life.org/

So yes would love this to be an event in the game too of running charity events.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Lol. What's the point of buying packs if they patch in all the selling points of EP's in for free anyway?

I just can't anymore with their plum practices.

@rudy8292 the selling point of Seasons are: the seasons. Also, the holidays and traditions are the main thing for the calendars in seasons, so... I'm ok with it being added to the base game as I've always thought it should've been base game.

Okay.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Still nothing on the calendar. I bet it's coming to the base game as part of the nature expansion pack.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2021
    I use a calendar a lot myself. I would be interested if Sims could use the calendar for social events. Holidays should remain exclusive to Seasons.

I wouldn't like to be scheduling appointments for Bob or have Eliza planning to celebrate National Armchair Day or something.

I would like to be able to plan birthday parties, dinner parties, group outings or visiting neighbours could be fun. Also arranging surprise parties.

Also with Bob and Eliza the ability to double book things and argue about it. Eliza wanting to pop round to visit the new neighbours whilst Bob wants to go over to a friend's house to watch TV.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    It would be great tbh. Locking systems behind packs means that they barely get updated.