Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th

Comments

• PatrickClasterPatrickClaster Posts: 25 Member
    What is your reaction to the backlash that caused The Sims 4 Journey to Batoo? I know there are some players enjoying this pack, but majority of fan base didn't like it.
  • OVER_DRESSOVER_DRESS Posts: 1 New Member
    I am Thai, I want to play Werewolf very much, can you sell the popular werewolf DLC in the sims from the past?
  • Ana__AndreaAna__Andrea Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi Sims team.
    It would be nice to learn more about process of making new packs, how you decide what stays and what goes, about future plans, will we get more pack from that survey..... It's also always interesting to meet new people from Sims team and to learn about what they do . Keep up with transparency , you are doing much better then when I started playing and it's great to see it.
  • LeylaJuiceLeylaJuice Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello from Ukraine!
    I really like Sims 4. But for complete happiness I lack a few things.
    I really want to be able to adjust the orientation of my sims. And it's not very nice when a guy flirts with my lesbian heroine, and she responds to flirting positively.
    I would very much like magicians, vampires, mermaids and aliens to be able to love each other without terrible curses ... Sorry, bugs, on their children.
    I really liked the feature with an impact on the appearance of the city in ecological life. I would like to influence the appearance of all cities, not just one.
    I vitally lack the number of character traits for sims. Very often I want to choose more than three character traits. I would be very happy if the character traits of the characters expanded.

Sorry for my English. English is not my native language.
  • SasquatschSasquatsch Posts: 1 New Member
    This single feature is very important to me:

Add a selling mat!
    I want my sims to be able to sell bigger objects (like a bed, bathtub, etc.) during yard sells.
    This feature should have come with City Living, where sims can buy those items at the flee market. (However, they cannot sell them).
    OR this should have come with Eco Lifestyle. So my sims could repair and sell the furniture they found in a dumpster or they could sell their crafted furniture from the fabricator.
    And I want the option to sell furniture added to Plopsy (from Knifty Knitting). It only makes sense for sims to be able to also sell furniture online or during a yard sell!
  • fairerouxfaireroux Posts: 1 New Member
    I’d always thought about this but I really noticed it in my gameplay yesterday, which is convenient timing. I feel as though some gameplay options feel “almost complete” and that your sims don’t really impact anything, they just live in their bubble.

The example that I noticed yesterday is that writers can write and publish books, but the game doesn’t go all the way to offer your sims to buy those books in bookshelves or online or anywhere. Once you publish it, it’s gone forever. I know it’s a small thing, but things like this impact the personalization and charm of the game, to me, over time. Another example could be artist sims who sell paintings being able to spot one of their own at a museum. A small, seemingly unimportant change, but would show that their work goes somewhere and their impact is seen.

There are plenty of other opportunities to increase the sims’ impact on their world and communities besides Action Plans from Eco Living. It doesn’t feel like the sims impact the worlds they live in- it feels like they just happen to be there.
  • HoneyIslander_2HoneyIslander_2 Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to address certain problems I have with the game. I personally can't have any fun with any of the life stages, but with young adult and adults. I feel we need more gameplay focused on other life stages, more FUN gameplay. I feel you guys missed out on the opportunity to express emotions better. I don't think ever sim should have the same relationship level with each other I feel one sim should be able to feel another way about other sim, and that feeling may not always be reprocriated back, I don't think the sims should have the same level of mutual relationship. I honestly want some of my sims to have crushes, and for others to not respond back. I definitely think a main concern that needs to be addressed in the live stream is the currency issue. The price should be the same for everyone, and it shouldn't be fair for someone to pay more or less based on where they live. Currency is not the same everywhere and setting a set price like 5USD is not going to transfer to 5 pounds. My other concern I want you guys to address is babies are you guys currently okay with the state of babies, I know the we the players feel babies need to be fleshed out, but I really want to know what your opinions are on the baby sims. I'm a cheapskate so it's really hard to fork over my money easily sometimes I really unsure if I really want the DLC or am I going to get bored of it easily. I just recently got my first DLC laundry day after months of contemplating on whether I should spend more money, and I really hesitant to buy larger packs. I just think we as the player base wants you to be more honest with us.
  • LatteatnightLatteatnight Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul-Sul!

I wanted to talk about the LGBTQ community! Specifically about the trans and non-binary sims. We need a pronoun option asap. And not only a pronoun option, but we need frame of the sims to be more gender neutral. The male clothing needs to fit female sims better than just leaving them with a blocky chest. Maybe we could simply have an option to have breasts or not? Since this problem does happen even with the minimum amount of chest.

Anyways, thank you for reading my comment!
  • SimmerÖmerSimmerÖmer Posts: 1 New Member
    [i]Hello Sims Team[/i]

I am a sims player living in Turkey, and one of the biggest shortcomings in sims 4 is that occult sim / supernatural sims are very few in sims 4 and we want the fairies to come back in sims 4. Please let the fairies come again for The sims 4.
    Best regards
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Hello, sims team

1. Why are there a severe lack of traits? I was thinking that there should be at least a few every time an expansion is released but we barely get any.

2. Why did you make the decision in locking occult skin details only for occult? I'd like to put some more unique or scary skin details on my non-occult sims. Please let me know if there is a way to unlock them.

3. Was "Fill empty lots" updated or changed recently? A lot of townies moved in to both Oasis Springs and Willow creek but I was not playing in either of those worlds, I Only visited them.

Last I checked, simguru Nick said that it populates houses based on the neighborhood my sim lives in yet it didn't do this for me (ex: sims populated in Oasis Springs in different neighborhoods). Just curious how it works and if it has been changed and also we need more story progression in this game to make the game feel more alive outside of my sims households.

4. I'm curious as to why this game doesn't have more toggles/game options to increase difficulty, randomness and even like game economy (making build items/rent/buying from plopsy more/less expensive)? We all play the sims differently and what I see as annoying gameplay, someone else would probably enjoy it. It would be amazing if you allowed us to choose how much we prefer in our own game.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • MalekExsecrorMalekExsecror Posts: 3 New Member
    I understand that the wood-burning cauldron would have an industrial footprint but why does the magic cauldron (and similar fireplace) have the same type of footprint? Wouldn't the magic items at least be neutral? The raison I ask is because the Magical Realm is gettin kinda smoggy and some of the sims are going into coughing fits.
  • MilGames8MilGames8 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul sul!
    I have a question, are going to improve the townsfolk clothing generator anytime soon? Because I can't it when it's literally middle of the winter and they are walking through town in just socks and with hundreds of earrings. Thank you.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I really enjoy this game and spend about every day playing it! There are a few things that I think would significantly enhance the gameplay, though.

Things like more traits to the base game - man, I miss traits like unlucky, absent-minded, angler, coward, daredevil, easily impressed and many Sims 3 traits.

I'd also like to see the return of favourites and zodiac signs, which would add so much to Sims' personalities! Turn ons and turn offs could be fun too.

I'd also like aspirations to be more in-depth and challenging like they were in The Sims 3. I enjoy aspirations in The Sims 4, but they feel more like tutorials and not goals my Sims have to work towards during their entire life.

I also miss extended family relationships, like in-laws, step-families, great-grandparents and -children, etc. It feels kinda sad that some related Sims consider each other merely acquaintances and I think more relationships in CAS would be great too!

Speaking of families, it would be nice to have things like boarding schools, prom, graduation ceremonies, bachelor/bachelorette parties, canes for elders, midlife crisis, etc.

Other things I'd like to see is more musical instruments like drums and being able to form bands who perform together. How cool would a rock/metal band be?! I'd like to see more occults too, but I'd like them to be as in-depth as vampires and spellcasters.

I appreciate you taking the time to read my comment and I thank the team for everything you do for the game! ♥️
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • PapingsuPapingsu Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you to give us the opportunity to talk.
    Well, there is some point I would like to discuss.

1 - Events : I remember once when I started to play there was an event. One character was in game during one (or few) week(s) to ask us to complete a task (to collect some seeds for a mystical tree). I would like to have more events like this.

2 - Relationship, are not easy. I would like for my sims to have some one-side love or friendship. To give some personality to the game. Not have both of the sims to have the same level of feeling. And why not a crush ? Like a sims love another, but he doesn't even know your sims.

3 - I like the lifestyle in snowy escape but I would like more diversity, why not tea fanatic ? Book lover ? And more ?

4 - I would like to set up birthday date as I want. Because a baby can bord on winter and get his birthday in spring. I would like to have my hand on it, and choose the date.0

5 - Don't forget about spiral stair, I'm still waiting ^_^

6 - I saw that you will add more color for hair, but can you think about pastel colors ? Even for objects ?

7 - It is possible to place a small wall against a big one ? Or just move a wall as we want ? I like to do some interiors and sometime I fell a bit frustrated to not realize my thought.

8 - I like plants for gardening, but a lot of them are identical just the fruit make it different. So more realistic and various plants will be welcome. Moreover, I would like to use the product in different way (jam, preserves, candy, ... ) and have an grocery to sell my harvest... or a marked stand.

9 - School : I would like to go to school with my sims kid/teen, or even with my sims in university... I can't enjoy the pleasure to see few sims in class studying and listening teacher.

10 - An office : To do the same task than the work at home but in an office. Like that no issue with toddler that stay at home (why we can send them in daycare in week day ?) and have the pleasure to meet others colleagues.

Well, I may have others concerns, but that's all for today. Thank you again for reading us and good work. :)
  • galushka_pelushkagalushka_pelushka Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Sims! I really enjoy the game, but my experience is not as good as it could be. I need Ukrainian localization for the game. Sometimes I don't get jokes or play on words. Sometimes I even can't understand what is going on in the game. There are about 40 million Ukrainian-speaking people in the world. We deserve to have Ukrainian localization. I appreciate your desire to make the game better and I hope you'll hear your Ukrainian fans. Localization is the most important thing we are waiting for.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    One thing I think could bring more inclusión to the game is things like the vampire scars we have. I use them a lot.
    Would love to see scratches, scars, birthmarks, bandaids, skin and eye conditions, bruises, skin discolorations and those type of things. Everything I have is cc but it's everyday things that a lot of people have for a lot of different reasons. Would love to see it talked about in the 411!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Ana__AndreaAna__Andrea Posts: 14 New Member
    [quote="darceyyx;c-17873969"]Hello!

First of all, I love this game and I think the last few big packs (not kits) that have been released have been amazing and have really impacted gameplay and building!

However I was wondering if the issue about international price conversions for kits will ever be fixed - £5 is significantly more than $5, especially if we want all 3 packs - £15 is closer to $20. This is an issue for other packs as well (£10 and $10 for stuff packs are not the same) but I think it’s a much bigger problem with kits because the amount of content is so small. I’m really hoping this will be fixed because I love the idea of kits, but I can’t justify spending £5 on them, it’s just too much money for what you get!
    .[/quote]
    This should be done. It doesn't make sense that we pay so much more only because EA can't do currency exchange. I know this has nothing to do with livestream and gurus, but EA do better
  • rooksandravensrooksandravens Posts: 1 New Member
    The gender options in The Sims are important to me. Good trans representation isn’t common in the gaming industry, so I value games where it is possible. Is there any interest in expanding these features?

Examples:
    - Body hair and facial hair for both body types
    - More gender nonconforming clothing options (Most of the tops look stretched out or lumpy when used on a different body type.)
    - Ability to change gender through gameplay mechanics
    - Top surgery scars

I would also love to see more disability representation.

Examples:
    - Gameplay for visually-impaired, blind, or Deaf Sims
    - Canes or other mobility aids
    - Ramps or wheelchair stairlifts (if wheelchairs are introduced, but ramps would be nice in general)
    - More options for scars
    - Prosthetic limbs
    - Vitiligo and other skin conditions

I understand that these all take a lot of time, hard work, and sensitivity to implement correctly. Ideally, you would work with individuals who could contribute their own real life experience and insight during development. I would be interested in learning if there is a chance that more representation for these communities would be included in game.
  • Sim_KrazySim_Krazy Posts: 25 Member
    Hi Sims Team,

I wanted to know if the team has thought about adding more consequences to the game. The game feels to happy go lucky. There are not enough negative consequences in the game and the ones that are there are usually player directed and not done autonomously. There are also not many negative traits especially when compared to positive ones. I want the game to feel more real not everything in life is all sunshine and rainbows.

Thank you for taking the time to read my comment!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    During the laundry list portion of the 411 I'd really like to see some other bugs addressed.

It's nice to know what will be fixed immediately, but I'd also like to see some re-assurance that some bugs (going on years old now in some cases) are still being worked on and not totally forgotten. I know they've said before that they're working on them, or some, but they never specify which ones. I'd like to know some of what is being worked on specifically for future fixes and maybe some more information about why they are taking so long, like needing more saves etc.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • AquaswanAquaswan Posts: 1 New Member
    As a Simmer that loves playing with occult sims, I've been disappointed in the past with occults that have come in Expansion packs. They lack the quality and focus that occults included in Game packs have. I feel that pushing them into a Expansion pack is what hurt them, and would recommend dedicating a Game pack to individual occults going forward so that other features do not steal their spotlight. Including an entirely new life-state to the game should actually have gravity, and Aliens and Mermaids are very shallow. They could really benefit from having their own perk tree (like Vampire and Spellcaster sims), as well as more social and world interactions that give them more meaningful gameplay. This shallowness also extends to Ghosts and PlantSims. I expected the Paranormal stuff pack to add on to our ghastly friends and perhaps give players more reason to play with them. These two base game occults would also benefit from a perk tree.
  • SergameSergame Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello.) Thank you so much for opportunity like this. I realy need improving for things that already exist in the game. For example:
    Play on gitar siting on chair.
    And if sim can walk and talk with another sim.
    Jumping on Sofa. Siting on the floor.
    And the game will be Nice if we can buy clothes in the Shop or using Internet Shop for that, not have all clothes in start our game.
    I think community needs improve the gameplay that already exist and add more challenge in the game.
    More interesting social interactions.
    Cities needs improve, maybe add festivals or mission to make players want to explore the city because now all cities look so beautiful but boring.
    Add more animations and variations for Base game because now all actions looks leaner.
    Add more consequences after actions, not only moodlet.
    And I Kiss you all if you add routine. If we can make algorithm actions for morning or other time.
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    3. Can we hope to get fairies, werewolves, horses, unicorns some day in the future? Some people say we can't have horses in not open world but I believe there's enough place for them in neighbourhoods. Just don't let them in cities like San Myshuno.
  • RandomSassRandomSass Posts: 1 New Member
    It’s great that you added a lot more skin tones but all the thumbnails in cas all have white skin. White shouldn’t be the default. If it could be based on the sim that we are clothing or some neutral color like gray or something that would be truly inclusive.
    A lot of what the others said about babies being less boring and lack of LGBTQ+ interactions.
    I’m sorry to say that the game is boring. I really want to play. I own all of the packs. It’s just hard when I go in game and even though I have the autonomy on full, nothing happens. I have never played any of the other sims games. Having more gossip, having NPC sims being more dynamic, having a better attraction system. Not just romantically but also platonically. Where you can try and be friends with another sim but they just don’t like you. There should be a pre-teen life stage and honestly there really isn’t a ton for the kids, pre-teens, teens to do. There should be a lot more activities. I feel like the other life stages besides adult and young adult get ignored. I don’t want to download mods to do these things. I would gladly pay more to make the game feel more dynamic.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top