Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
edited May 2021 in Sims 411
Sul sul Simmers!

What’s on your mind for the next Sims 411?

What do you want us to talk about in the next Sims 411?
We’d like to know what’s on your mind when it comes to The Sims, what topics you’re interested in, what your concerns are and what you’d like to chat about with us.

Today, on May 6th starting at 6 AM Pacific Time, we’ll be welcoming your comments during 24 hours in The Sims Forums.
We’ll close the conversation after 24 hours, on May 7th at 6 AM Pacific Time.

You’ll be able to share any additional comments next time (our team is made of humans, and there are only so many comments one human can read at a time... :) ).

We appreciate you understand that
  • this is not a wish list for content requests
    but a place where we can listen to your thoughts without distraction
  • this is not a guarantee we’ll provide an answer in the next Sims 411
    but rest assured that your comment is being read and will be addressed whenever possible
  • this is not a place to report bugs
    but please continue to report bugs on AHQ

THE GOLDEN RULE
We’ll only read comments that adhere to our Positive Play guidelines and our forum rules.

GUIDELINES AND RULES

We’ll only read comments that adhere to our Positive Play guidelines and our forum rules - here are some of the most important points when it comes to giving feedback:
  • Be respectful. We want to hear what you have to say but please be kind and respectful when posting here. Being mean or aggressive as well as cursing and swearing doesn't help to bring your point across.
  • Keep it game-related and on topic. As we said before, this is not the place to post a wish list and bugs, or talk about those Sims 4 mods that you found.
  • Don't make things personal. It's not cool to target other players who may have different opinions or attack SimGurus and other officials. This also means: please no mass taggings.
  • Don't bully, troll, bait, or derail the conversation. This is never okay - which should go without saying! If you do this, you will be moderated as per our forum rules.
  • Don't spam or flood this thread. Posting the same thing over and over will not get your question into the Sims 411 but it may lead to moderation.

We’re looking forward to reading your comments! :)
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• EvaAkimovaEvaAkimova Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello!
    Will there be werewolves, fairies, and zombies in The Sims 4?
    Will there be an underwater world in which mermaids can swim?
    There will be new types of mermaids, vampires, witches and other supernatural beings?
    Add a new kind of witches, dark and light witches as in The Sims 2!
    Upgrade ghosts, make them look like ghosts like in The Sims 2!
    Add a lot of Supernatural creatures, they are sorely lacking in the game!
    Answer please! :) :) :) <3 <3 <3
  • freyaplaysfreyaplays Posts: 5 New Member
    I am a new player and haven’t played any games before Sims 4. I fell in love with the game around 4 months ago. Here are some things that stand out to me personally (they might seem like bare minimum compared to veterans of the game though ^^; Sarah16189's post seems very in depth and I noticed a few things I absolutely agree with!!)
    ~Story Progression: Official story progression for “NPC” Sims would be the best thing ever! I have seen in a Sims 3 video that non played Sims get into relationships and break up, get jobs etc. For a simulated world this should be essential!
    ~Relationships: Sims can get along too well and there’s no depth without imagination (and I only want to use imagination with my played Sims, not the “NPCs”). My favourite mod is the Chemistry System by thepancake1 which will tell you if sims have good/okay/bad chemistry which makes relationships feel more realistic and less like I’m choosing my Sims relationships for them. Would love for something like this to be official!
    ~Personalities: Either zodiac signs or personality types so that Sims have a bit more to them than the 3 traits. Maybe this can be what determines chemistry between sims too.
    ~CAS: Copy outfit and/or lock items option/s pleeeeease!
    ~Lots: I would LOVE another Newcrest-esque map, preferably for free, but I honestly think I would buy a kit which was a map too.
    ~I think focus on you making CAS items is less important because of the quality and amount of CC creators. But official build & buy items are useful for sharing builds on the gallery. I would be more likely to buy a pack in this order: 1. Gameplay 2. Build&Buy. (I’m not a console player but making CC possible for consoles would be cool if it’s possible and then your artists can focus on things highly in demand).
    ~It would be super cool if mermaids were improved
    ~I have the Cats&Dogs pack and wish I could see them being walked/strays on every map and not just the pack map. And why do my NPC sims never adopt their own cats or dogs?
    ~I also saw that you can catch wild animals like rats, birds and lizards on the Sims 3, since foraging etc already exists in Sims 4, it would be easy to add little pets to find inside bushes and such. I think it’d be cool if they were kinda rare.
  • flowersglitter_glowflowersglitter_glow Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! Long time listener, first time caller here and I apologize if this isn't the right space for this question, but I've been thinking about this since the request for functional cars was so large last year. The way the game is set up currently, most automobiles (cars, streetcars and the like) are shown in animations and sims can't walk too far off the lot in certain areas (for example, in foundry cove using the camera you can scroll and see the surrounding area of the neighborhood) even though it only has debug items. My main questions are...

1) Is the world layout like this because if too many simulation actions were running at once, the game would break? And a follow up question tied to this, do you think this would impact the idea of having multipurpose lots where many sims could live/be on a lot at once?

2) Would the sims team ever consider opening these parts of the world up? Maybe even as an optional base game that you can purchase like deluxe? Or would this be a task that would be too time consuming considering that the team has to work on multiple things at once.

3) If this is a concern about how much space the game would take up if this were to become a feature, would it be more or less cost effective to open these lots instead of adding more lots and worlds?

I hate to compare The Sims to a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 or GTA but when it comes to space/features within a game, I think a lot of players might be okay with using up space in order to have the features that make the game meaningful. Additionally, I hope this next part doesn’t come off as a request but, I think it would be nice to be able to walk around areas in neighborhoods and maybe have NPC’s live in some of the houses.

Thanks for listening! Hope you all are well! 🌺
  • SaeyshaSaeysha Posts: 1 New Member
    I think that you should make a lot more content available to the base game. Things like bike riding, becoming a doctor, and certain lot types shouldn't be locked by packs. They should be included in the base game because they are so basic and simple, you'd expect to have them. More family-focused events like movie nights, moving out, and pregnancy announcements would be very beneficial for the game and would make it a lot more fun to play.
  • sheepypusheepypu Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi sims team ,imagine be able to see others sims from other houses doing their own things .Imagine a open neighboorhood !Or even be able to create our own neigborhood .People who be able to create their own climate , culture and folklore from their country.I know this is a wish ,but this is a wish :)
    Anyways im just saying this because other people are already asking other types of things.Thanks for reading
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top