Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    edited May 2021
    @miss_eulenauge , congrats for becoming a member , YAY! :)

I need to clarify my post from yesterday a bit :) I do absolutely read all updates and hit the awesomes for all :) And as my native language is not English (lol, that is obvious when looking all the typo I make :joy: ) Sometimes if I am already few days behind, catching up on commenting all for several pages back, just takes too long to make :)

I still am replaying the dannnggg last semester, but I figured I post these extra pics now , as these do not really belong to my update , but wanted to show these still :D

aGKX4N5.png
    Sakura and Astrid had a duel, Sakura won that one. '

Rest under spoiler
    j1NcHqt.png
    Jules was at SM, food stall line.. eh.. why Jules? She started hissing (maybe she realized there was no plasma fruit salad available) and my Sam did not approve . :D
    mMDeFgJ.png
    At the background , Bryon was trying to decide shall he eat his food or is it already too much covered by cat fur :joy:

rfCvF3Y.png
    Essa, really? I know your work outfit has short sleeves.. but those slippers ... it is freezing there!

9QpN6LN.png
    "MOM!! Why are you standing there still??!! I had to fall to slow down enough in time!"

xWcW96M.png
    Okay , my premade deletion has caused a new order in chaos,, we now have a new star dj!! DJ Sakura!

kf9S9rl.png
    Joey: "No wonder I scare that Melody girl, I scare her mom even more!!"
    Poor Joey.. sorry @AlwaysAsking , I hope Melody and her mom have not made too permanent damage on him :joy:

OO5PsZO.png
    This one is for you, @Hermitgirl :joy:

MPMT2N0.png
    Simply just killing time :)

dJbOpGL.png
    I have taken similar pic before, while playtesting the Old Penelope Night Club, Roxanne appeared in there at that same party outfit then and she did now :D (I was testing does my game have enough sims to have a bartender in there, turned up it had)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    May - Day 5: "Burn Baby Burn!"

NWCEJuR.png

Notes
    a3QTrHs.png
    Essa tried to concentrate on reading the book she'd checked out from the information center, but it wasn't as promising as she'd hoped. It was interesting learning about the town's history. But there was nothing about recent events. She kept looking out the window at that strange plant pod, thinking...

And then she got an idea!

"Burnious Pododious"

kdmjLyW.png
    "HUZZA!"

eRupjgZ.png
    (Dangit, that didn't work.)

6jGxBYV.png
    (Oh, well I guess it did! Great!)

6BCwad4.png
    (Too great! Opps! Note to self, don't inferniate any of these things close to the house.)

nfjaF8d.png
    (Oh yeah! Can't wait to tell Josh about this! He'll flip!)

XxuOJr8.png
    She cast the same spell only using Spectral Reach this time on the plant pod in the backyard by Beast. But then realized that probably wasn't such a great idea and quickly transportalated to it and put the fire out. Josh wouldn't be too happy if she ended up burning Beast. She wouldn't mind, but he'd be upset. Why he liked that thing was a mystery to her, but he did so she'd try not to hurt it.

zOibpxz.png
    Essa continued working on a knitting project she'd begun yesterday while she waited for Josh to get home from work.
    (Now how do I convince him we need to go check out that lab? He's not going to like that idea at all.)

eMVaAsK.png
    Beast let out a bellowing "MOOOO" of hunger and stuck out it's tongue with a piece of cake on the end. Those things certainly were clever in enticing someone to get near it. Take the cake and 'gulp' you're gone! If you were lucky, it would spit you back out, otherwise... That was one of the biggest things she didn't like about them, they ate people.

No way was she feeding that thing, that was Josh's responsibility. He'd be home soon, so she just ignored Beast and continued knitting.

K6siIZx.png
    Within minutes Josh was home and came running around the side of the house with a package of meat for Beast. He must've heard it crying when he got home.

"Here you go Beastie, fresh meat, just the way you like it. Go on, take it! I won't tease you this time."

Essa rolled her eyes listening to Josh coo to that thing, put away her knitting and walked over to greet her handsome soldier home.

ubci5eM.png
    "Whoa! HEYYYY!"

yU8tyca.png
    "Careful Beast, that was my hand! You almost bit my hand off. Not nice! Didn't anyone ever tell you don't bite the hand that feeds you?"

RMBj010.png
    "Aww, I can't stay mad at you, you didn't mean it, did you?" *scratch scratch*
    "Does that feel good? I think you like it, yes you do!" *pat pat*
    "MOOooomoomoomoooo..."
    "Is that how you, uh, purr?" Josh laughed at himself over such a notion. Beast wasn't a cat, but it certainly sounded content.

slhvRA7.png
    "Look at my big Beastie! Yes, you're a handsome Beastie, and tall, yes you are!"
    "Having fun Babe?"

nkmLM3a.png
    "Beautiful!"
    "Welcome home Babe! I missed you!"
    "I missed you too!"

pV8M1zv.png
    Beast completely forgotten, Josh took Essa into his arms and gave her a deliciously deep kiss.

plTaCGS.png
    "I have something exciting to tell you! You know those two strange plant pods we had in the yard?"
    "Yeah, what about them?"
    "They're gone, I burned them using a spell!"
    "What? Seriously? I don't believe it!"
    "It's true, I'll show you!"

KPZ8ni4.png
    "See? Voila! Nothing left. I cleaned up the ashes and threw it away!"
    "That's fantastic! You weren't close when you did it were you? The fumes might be dangerous. I don't want you getting infected too like the other pod people."
    "I stayed back a little from the one out front, but used Spectral Reach on this one AND another spell to clean it up so I didn't have to get near it at all."
    "That's good then. Great job Beautiful!"
    "Thanks, and Josh?"
    "Yeah?"

0nj9TIu.png
    "I went into town today to look around and see if I could find out anything about those things and why people are getting infected. I didn't find much and most people, at least the lab techs I talked to, wouldn't tell me anything."
    "Oh no! Beautiful. I can't believe you did that. You didn't tell them your name did you?"
    "No, I didn't. But what does it matter? We live here, we have a right to know what's going on. Why is everything about this such a secret?"

0KdhC3v.png
    "One of the first things I was ordered to do during my initial briefing was not to ask any questions. Just follow orders and keep your mouth shut. If it's discovered we have been asking questions or say anything about military operations, the punishment is an immediate dishonorable discharge, your rank is stripped and worst of all, thrown in military jail for 6 months! FIVE guys from my squad have been kicked out that way already because they disobeyed this order."

"I really don't care that much if I get kicked out or stripped of my rank, but I don't want to sit in a cell separated from you again for 6 months. I can't let that happen, I won't. Please Beautiful, don't go around asking questions. It's not worth it."

jSysqEc.png
    "But Josh, what am I supposed to do then? Just sit home and twiddle my thumbs? Hope that all this just goes away? What if it gets worse? I have to do something."
    "You are, burning those plants is great, keep doing that! Just don't let anyone see you doing it."
    "It's not enough Josh and you know it. I think we should check out the lab and see what's out there. All of this seems to be happening because of something there. Why else would everyone keep saying, 'Don't go to the lab, it's dangerous, it's not safe, blah, blah, blah.' They're hiding something, I just know it."

2171Wby.png
    "Absolutely not! It IS dangerous and it's NOT safe. They're right, we are not going anywhere near that lab. Do you understand? Didn't you hear a word of what I just said? Stay away from that lab Essa. It's not your job to figure out what's happening here. Let the professionals do their job. Just let it go Beautiful."

"I don't know if I can."

I apologize for not doing comments yet, I will get started on those next and answering your replies as well. There's also an idea about the Worlds I'd like to discuss with all of you too. Be back in a bit with details. Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 3 - University - WK 1 - Sunday - Part 1 - Robotics & Utili-Bot Contest

PRETTY-COOL-GADGET.png
    Wolfgang was up early and decided to eat in his dorm. He had finally organized his room when he got home last night, but it still didn't look as neat as Sakura's. Well, at least it was better than how his roommate's looked. He liked this room with access to a door to the outside, but his roommate...well, let's just say that sharing a space with someone you don't know can be a challenge.

Sakura had told him about an opportunity to be a 'Resident Supervisor' at a house in Britechester, and the house had two private rooms. Wolfgang thought that sounded like a good idea, especially the part about living at the same place as Sakura. They were heading there this afternoon, so Sakura could be interviewed.

eating-breakfadt.png

After breakfast, Wolfgang called Sakura and asked if she wanted to hang out at Larry's Lagoon at Foxbury while he finished the bot that River had started on yesterday. He wasn't going to take any chances on working on that robot station alone. There was a Utili-Bot Contest at the Foxbury Outdoor Quad starting at noon, and he was wondering if Sakura wanted to go to that, too. It would be fun to see what it was all about. Sakura thought that would be fun, and then they could head to the house in Britechester for her interview. Afterwards, Wolfgang wanted Sakura to come over to his dorm for a tour. A full day was planned and Wolfgang looked forward to spending it with Sakura.

wolf-tinker-robot.png

working-on-term-paper.png

While Sakura worked on her term paper at the computer, Wolfgang worked on the bot. He didn't think he would have time to upgrade the bot to compete in the Utili-Bot contest, but at least he wanted to finish it. He had called River this morning, and River had felt better. Wolfgang knew River had been feeling pretty bad after his near-death experience as he hadn't attended the mixer last night and had gone straight home. For River to not go to an event with free juice was a first.

bryon-chatting-with-professor-and-hyatch.png

Spotted Bryon downstairs chatting to one of Sakura's roommates and a professor.

Wolfgang finished the bot and then got zapped with a bolt of electricity. Geez! Oh man, he felt dazed. Wolfgang decided to not work on the robot station anymore until he was feeling better.

made-a-fixer-bot.png
    seriously-fried-moodlet.png

wolf-got-seriously-fried.png

Plus, it was time for the Utili-bot Contest anyway, so he and Sakura headed across to the field where it was being held. It looked like River was feeling better, as he was there, too.

THE-BOT-SAVANTS.png

The event was being held by the Bot Savants, which was a Foxbury organization. Wolfgang talked to a few of the members, and he thought he might be interested in joining.

HAVING-FUN-WOLF.png

There were all types of bots there, cleaner bots, fixer bots and the most popular, the party bot. This was a cool bot where you could order food and drink from, it played music and you could dance, and it threw confetti. This bot was definitely the life of the party.

a-few-studemts-here.png

roxanne-must-have-brought-ruabnoid.png

Spotted Roxanne. She must have brought Rubanoid with her.

luyna-and-river.png

River and Luna were enjoying the day together.

a-real-servo.png

Wolfgang and Sakura had fun with all the gadgets there, and Wolfgang especially had fun with a RC Quadcopter. Wolfgang wanted to build one of his own!

sakura-at-utili-bot-contest.png

essa-arrives.png

It was a beautiful day, and The Plumbobs members were invited to join the fun at the event. Here is Essa telling everyone a robot joke.

Essa: "Why did the robot fail his exam?"

Sakura: "Why?"

Essa: "He was a bit rusty!"

Good one Essa!

having-a-good-time.png

They had a good time there, and soon it was time to head off for Sakura's interview at the 'Rival House.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes: This day got rather long, so I split it in two.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    @permanentrose:
    I rememberet the whole secret agent thing, but not that her aunt disappeared too, and that you couldn't find her tombstone - Thank you for the recap! Btw, I think that is a super cool and very different backstory. And it works so well with your whole story! I'd probably have gone with "Yeah well, they moved out and are sharing an apartment for now since they're cousins..." ;)
    I am very glad that I have the time to find my playstyle with this no-aging thing, get into posting (another new thing for me!) and find out what all the kids are like. I always hate to make like a kid or a teen and then to randomly "assign" them a gender, a personality, a clothing style... I like it much more to let the Sims develop that (with some help).
    And since @IllusoryThrall's attempt really attracted me to this (🐸🐸🐸🐸 English! I know this isn't right, but I don't know what is), I didn't want to just take a lonely teenager. Lonely teenagers honestly make up 99% of my other saves, and then I always abandon them...! Honestly, opening this thread for the first time from Thrall's blog, I really expected the "big not-perfect family" to be a major part of the challenge. Turns out that was just her twist, but I'm still keeping it! :D

@sassyxtra
    Mia is so cute! I am excited for her childhood and for the move. And for the little sibling! <3 (I need a heart-eye emoji... Oh well, that's what comes from posting on the Laptop!)
    Noooo for the domain! I actually have the home page of your attempt at this challenge still loaded in my browser, so if needed, I could send you some pictures of the setup, or the Text of this one page...? No idea if it helps, but I'll keep it open until you have a chance to answer.
    Edit: I just checked in another window, and everything works as normal. Is it tomorrow already??? (I just got up and you posted 4h ago that it should work again "by tomorrow morning"...) Oh well. Great news!

@IllusoryThrall
    good thing kids can't run away in Sims or get lost! That outing would be anybody's nightmare (except maybe a kindergarten teacher, I don't know how they do it!) 4 Kids, two Toddlers, and only one Adult to watch them...! Poor Jaz being all forgotten. She played it down, but I think, longterm that sort of thing would really get to her :(
    Your posts really let me question my plan about the big family. Oh well, I can always decide how many kids I'll have when and how dysfunctional the family will be! (Perhaps this main character can get some younger siblings too...?) Still aiming for the big troubled family, but I'll have to fine-tune that. Perhaps choose the 4th kid for Main Sim and then have more toddlers when most others are already kids?

@LegacySims2017
    Thank you for the explanation. ;) I think the combination of English, Written and humor was a bit much :#
    Your formatting was really helpful (as was everyone else's).

@Ellupelluellu
    Don't stress yourself with comments. I like your updates, but RL of course comes first! And I didn't notice typos... Though I ain't a native speaker myself.
    You have me confused now: If you're replaying "the last semester", Is Sakura at Uni right now? Or in the Realm of Magic? Or in San Myshuno? :D (Wait, Sakura isn't even your Sim, right? She is @SoulGal7's! That is embarrassing...)
    I love how the other characters now show up in your game! I should take the tame to Basegame everyone, but I don't think I have time. But if anyone wants to adapt his character for me, I wouldn't mind! :smiley: (I only have BG, Seasons and Parenthood. They'd be naked!)

@Karababy52
    Why does it sound sooo cool to magically burn the infection? I sense Jealousy between Essa and Beast! That won't go well much longer... :o And I am curious to see how you'll play out that Essa won't stay away despite Josh wanting her to. I hope they won't break up over it?!

@SoulGal7
    Ah, here comes the real "Sakura" post! I think this whole Robot & events thing looks great. Excited for the Off-campus housing!
    (There's just too many stories, sooo... Who is Luna? Is she from River's story, and should I know her? And who actually plays with River? :#)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    @LegacySims2017

Thank you for understanding about putting the story part of your posts in a spoiler. I appreciate it! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    I completely understand what you are saying about comments and agree with you. You have a lot on your plate, as do others here. I've decided to try to cut down on mine as well. I love commenting and read everyone's stories giving awesomes too, but I have a tendency to go overboard with comments and consequently end up spending way too much time writing them. I've always said that comments are not necessary, but they are nice to get and read. I will try to at least comment on those who mention me, or have commented on my posts too. And as always, if anyone has any questions or ideas, I will definitely always reply to your posts. :)

Plus, I'll just say I loved your post since I already commented about it in our PMs. :)

@SoulGal7
    What an exciting chapter! Great idea about the club similar to Homework Helpers, but not so great River got fried and died. o.O Good thing Wolfgang had that death flower! *whew* I got a laugh out of the Bromance comment and Wolfgang rolling his eyes. :D Fun Mixer too! Go Essa tapping that keg and Sakura getting the Keg Stood again. I hope one day Wolfgang really IS her guy too. ;) Good luck helping Jeb. Have you checked Carl's guide? He usually has cheats for all the packs on his site that you wouldn't need a Mod to use. I hope Sakura gets approved for that house too so she and Wolfgang can live together. :)

Thank you about Josh's hair, and for mentioning Essa's hair! You're the first to say anything about how her's had changed too. :) I love taking photos in SV, it's just gorgeous, especially in Spring/Summer.

So sweet of Wolfgang to finish the bot for River, smart he had Sakura there as backup if something electrifying happened, which of course it did but thankfully there would be no Grim visit in his case. ;) HAHA Loved the joke Essa told to everyone! That club does look like a lot of fun. I should've had one of my Engineering degree students join that when I was playing them, oh well...

@Hermitgirl
    Pod people just seemed to make sense. Go ahead and use it, I don't mind. :) HAHA! I had a Mod to remove the pixel blur in TS2. Perhaps I should consider getting one for TS4. Hmmm... Frank is so fun to play! Still thinking Josh should make a female bot for him, even if he is in love with Bendy at the moment. ;) I think you did a fabulous job making Lenny, even if he did start as someone else's Sim, you made him your own! Watch out Rubanoid, you could have competition. ;)

What a fabulous idea about using the clubs for possessed Sims! Kudos to you for that, I love it! Had no idea you could get them to do anything while possessed. I also love that they rounded them up, same thing is happening in my save, except it's the military, not SIB rounding them up, hence the 'Pod People Posse' that Josh talked about. :D

I LOVE Erwin, he's so funny! Paranoid Sims are a hoot to play! And yes, they're both paranoid. No worries about the video, thanks for sharing it! The guy in it does look a lot like Lenny! Very cute! :)

@Skeilah
    I'm not stopping comments! Just cutting down on their length, if possible. See my comment to Ellupelluellu above for details. :)

Ah, that's right! I'd forgotten. I think I also used this hairstyle for Agent Stone. Well, he already had it as my Sim Bryce Canyon anyway. ;) Great idea about swapping between the aspirations. Body Building does make sense for the military career. Annnd, I forgot to have Essa look for evidence there, she just talked to a lab tech and left. Opps! She can always go back. ;) Well, see, if you noticed, only the Conspiracy Theorists said it was aliens and they're paranoid. So, I'm not necessarily going that route. ;) Essa's just being silly, she should realize aliens are possible considering what you said! :D

Congrats to Bryon for the promotion, he and Josh are both Sergeant Minors now! Josh would've got a promotion his first day, but I didn't scroll down far enough to see he also had to spar as a task. Opps! Next time though! Roo is so cute sitting there while they spar. LOVE that gym, it's so perfect for SV! Don't blame them for going home to workout though. :D

Thanks for answering Miss_eulenauge's question about resizing images. I've never tried to do that directly in Imgur so it's nice to know the option is there. If I need to resize mine, I just do it in photoshop. :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Yeah, Essa's not being subtle about the questioning because she doesn't think anything should be a secret. She's just trying to find answers. :) She knows better now though.

You're very welcome for the ideas and comments. No worries about the mentions. :)

Great start to your pre-story or prequal? Congrats on becoming a full member now too! :)

@permanentrose
    I knew Jules wouldn't be able to resist the dog! :) Uh oh, she got caught at the lab again. Good thing she kicked that girl's butt and was able to get away. A double good thing since she found her Aunt Theresa! What are the odds!? ;)

I adore those rolled up sleeves on the uniform's t-shirt for the exact same reason! ;) Essa's just being silly, she should realize aliens are possible. Sheesh! Erwin is so fun to write for, he's so delightfully paranoid! :D Essa did buy some things from the booth. I guess Josh ending up possessed is a possibility eh? :)

Okay, well the above comments are still longer than I would like, but I had some catching up to do in my defense. Plus, well, I guess I'll just have to accept the fact I'm apparently a long-winded chatterbox that doesn't know when enough is enough! :D Anyway, on to the Worlds discussion.

Ellupelluellu and I were chatting and the subject of Worlds and their order came up. In talking about them, it just didn't seem to make sense for elders to be dumpster diving at the end of their long life and possible immense wealth by that time in their lives. It seems to make more sense that Brindleton Bay would be a better world for them. A lot of elders enjoy having pets as companions since their children (if they have any) have all moved out by then and for their Grandchildren (if they have any) to play with while visiting. For those reasons alone perhaps it's a good idea to swap these two worlds.

What do all of you think about that idea? Should the Worlds Timeline schedule be changed to swap Eco Living with Brindleton Bay? Let me know! :)

Hope y'all had a great day/night and another one tomorrow/today! :)
    I think it would make sense to swap, especially since I think the elderly would want/need some more comfort. And somehow I see the Eco stuff as a primary "young people activity"... Might be because half my school went to the "Fridays for Future" Demonstrations pre-corona, but the Adults around weren't nearly as passionate. I could see it as a "midlife crisis" thing, but I don't know how well Eco-friendly Living works with a Family, should anybody have one by then.

Oh well, I have neither pack, I don't know much about playing there.
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    edited May 2021
    @miss_eulenauge

Thank you for your insight to the discussion. Everything you mentioned in favor of the switch makes sense as well. Also, I don't know how I missed you'd posted comments, but I did. o.O So I'll reply here on that as well. :)
    I couldn't believe it actually worked she could burn those things! I was thrilled! I wonder if it's possible to use spells for...well perhaps I shouldn't say for those who don't have the pack, but let's just say the 'cause' of the mystery. ;) Essa isn't really jealous of Beast, she just doesn't like the thing. LOL It won't cause anything negative between her and Josh, rest assured. :) Also, rest assured Essa and Josh WILL NOT break up! Ever! They are very, very much in love. However she manages to get to the lab, even if she does it without Josh, even if it causes some tenseness between them, their relationship will never suffer or be in danger. They've been through so much together, this is nothing. They are rock solid! :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited May 2021
    I actually already have Evergreen Harbor earlier in the order (August) and Brindleton Bay is November in my game. I have more worlds swapped. I think it’s a good idea!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    I had way too much fun with this update :)
    --
    Update 125 - Theresa's Tale

MdRnKyS.jpg

Notes:
    Theresa pulled Jules into a hug. "I can't believe it. You've grown so much, Jules... but what in the world are you doing in Strangerville?"
    NkT5HQV.png

But as Jules opened her mouth to answer, Theresa shushed her. "We shouldn't talk out here - who knows who might around. Let's go inside where we can talk safely. I'm gonna trust that you're alone," she added, almost as a warning.

Jules assured her she was as Theresa began to lead her through the door of the plane and down a staircase into a bunker of sorts. Jules stared in fascination as Theresa led her into the main area and they settled on the couch.

Before asking the all the questions burning on her lips, Jules briefly explained how she had come to Strangerville, and about Bex's condition. She also explained that she wasn't actually in the military, but was snooping around in hopes of finding more answers. Theresa visibly relaxed as Jules relayed this information.
    3zCVXJp.png

"I suppose I owe you some answers now," Theresa told her. And so she began her tale....
    3tCX2WU.png

"I still remember the night that everything went wrong like it was yesterday..." she began. "It was our first night off in ages. Your parents, Uncle William, and I had been working on a difficult case. We had discovered that a man named Jacques Villareal had obtained access to some alien technology that would allow him to achieve mass mind control - essentially giving him the power to dominate the world if he so desired. The technology was still in the early stages, but we were close to shutting it down before it would ever become a problem. Only the four of us and our superior agent, Stuart Mills, knew about this, and we were intent on shutting it down quickly and quietly. We were due to complete the mission in a week, and everything had been put into place, so when Agent Mills invited us to a small gathering on his yacht, we were all eager to preemptively celebrate our success. So we took a private jet to the yacht's remote location."

(This yacht was a gallery find - it's pretty impressive!)
    jfApetP.png

We have Jules' mother and father up front - Louise and David, and in the back, Bex's parents, Theresa and William.
    oFleTqK.jpg

Theresa continued, "But as soon as we entered the yacht, we knew something wasn't right. Agent Mills wasn't himself."
    0o5Md8e.png

"Louise, always the bravest of us all, went up to try to speak to him."
    tK9wWNu.png

"With a little bit of effort, she got him to snap out of his trance."
    9uv8gae.png

"He immediately tried to warn us that we weren't safe here, that the mission had been compromised..."
    4QtGQl3.png

"But by then, it was already too late..."
    r8o4g7c.jpg

"As the explosion rattled the yacht, I was thrown overboard, and to this day, I still don't know how I survived. I swam as far and as fast as I could..."
    Tjet5Jm.jpg

"Every muscle in my body burned as I finally washed up on the shore of a tiny, remote island..."
    Nvmk8at.jpg

"And as morning dawned, I looked out at the ocean, wondering if anyone else had survived..."
    j5sdTZF.png

"As time passed, I was resourceful and made a life for myself. I worried over Bex and you and your sister, but there wasn't much I could do to leave the island. I considered making a raft, but without any sort of navigation system, I worried that I would end up perishing at sea."
    eUJLJmM.png
    VLfwcD1.jpg

"One day, a plane landed on the island. I was leery at first, unsure why someone would come after all this time. But I didn't need to worry - it was a lone traveller who introduced himself as George Cahill. He had landed there since he was having some trouble with his plane. As I helped him fix his plane, we got to talking. He had no concrete plans about his destination, and he offered to take me to the mainland, where I could plan my next step."
    fScb1iM.jpg

"We made it back to mainland, but after passing over Strangerville there was a large flash of light, causing the plane to short circuit and crash. We both survived, but his plane, Old Penelope, didn't...which brings us to where we are today. We ended up setting up camp in the cargo bay of Old Penelope and have lived on the outskirts of Strangerville ever since..." (I literally took most of that word for word from George's official bio :D)

"Well, we had landed in the very town that Jacques Villareal had set up his laboratory, and over the years, I have been careful to keep my presence here a secret, but I do what I can to sabotage his work when I can, delaying his progress when possible, but there's only so much I can do...and recently, things have been getting worse," she sighed, finding Jules' gaze. "All these years, all I've wanted to do is find Bex and tell her that I was okay, but I was worried about the trouble I might cause for her if Jacques traced her to me...but it looks like she got herself involved, even without me," Theresa sighed, remembering Jules' words.
    HksT1H5.png

Just then, a man came down the stairs, dripping from the recent downpour and looking suspicious.
    tYUByyK.jpg

"Don't worry, George, she's my niece, it's okay," Theresa soothed, immediately reassuring him and beginning to explain everything.
    vxUf166.jpg

---
    Sorry, kind of an awkward place to end, but I was out of pictures and my brain is so tired after writing all this, haha. And I know, this is all so far fetched but I don't even care, I had fun :D

And yes, George and Theresa are lovers. I mean, they've only had each other for company for years, it was bound to happen lol.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited May 2021
    As of right now, I don't have Eco Lifestyle, so it doesn't affect me when you guys do that that world!
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    I already switched up the worlds. My elder will spend a month in Windenburg and then retire to Sulani. Brindleton Bay and Evergreen Harbor are going to be Adult worlds along with Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook. Young Adult worlds are Britechester, San Myshuno, Del Sol Valley, and Mt Komorebi. New worlds, if released, will be slid in to the age where they seem to be the best fit. I am doing four months as Young Adult and four months as Adult, two months as elder, and only one month as a Teen.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    May 3rd

05-03-21_12-58-20_PM.png?width=721&height=577

May 4th

05-04-21_11-20-17_AM.png?width=721&height=577

May 5th

05-04-21_11-25-02_AM.png?width=721&height=577
    Also, my blog is working again. It was down for about 45 minutes in total, but it had me sweating while I waited for it to come back up.
    ~Teresa~
    edited May 2021
    @miss_eulenauge

Ah, here comes the real "Sakura" post! I think this whole Robot & events thing looks great. Excited for the Off-campus housing!
    (There's just too many stories, sooo... Who is Luna? Is she from River's story, and should I know her? And who actually plays with River? :#)

Luna Villareal is a pre-made sim who lives in Windenburg. She is a friend of Sakura's. Sakura had belonged to a club called the Paragons, which both Luna and Sofia Bjergsen {also a pre-made sim from Windenburg and Sakura's friend) belonged to. Wolfgang Munch is a pre-made sim from Windenburg also, who was a member of the Renegades. The Paragons hated the Renegades and vice versa (these are pre-made clubs). Sakura quit the Paragons because the leader, Siobhan Fyres, accused her of lying that she was Kiyoshi Ito's girlfriend (Kiyoshi is a premade sim from Mt. Komorebi), but Sakura is actually Kiyoshi's girlfriend. plus Sakura also was friends with Wolfgang, and Siobhan didn't like Sakura being his friend. River Funke-Townes is a sim created by a challenger @Kanindota River and Wolfgang hit it off in my story and became friends almost immediately. So River is Wolfgang's best buddy, and I guess you could say I have sort of made River the comic relief. He also moves the story forward and knows how Wolfgang truly feels about Sakura.

I did a kind of summary (on page 85 of this board) of my story line if you want to read it. Sakura is basically caught in a love triangle right now with Kiyoshi Ito and Wolfgang Munch. I hope that helps :)
    @Karababy52 and @Ellupelluellu - Switching the worlds of Brindleton Bay and Evergreen Harbor makes sense to me. I am for that :)
    @Karababy52
    I get it, comments do take a long time, especially when you sit down to do them all at one time during the day. I enjoy the days where I have time to comment in smaller chunks because then it feels less time consuming...unfortunately I don't have time to do that all the time, but I embrace it when I do!

I love that you're having Essa continue to use her magic, and what a fun idea to have her set those plants on fire. I always love trying to figure out how to do fun and odd things that have packs overlap like that. Obviously, using magic to set the plants on fire won't affect the actual Strangerville gameplay, but it's fun to add a little element like that to the story, especially since it's very in character for Essa to use her magic in situations like this.

And uh, oh...tensions are rising between Josh and Essa. I get both of their sides though, and you do need Essa to get involved for the aspiration's sake ;) I wonder if this will turn into a full blown fight, or if Josh will end up helping her investigate more..

Yeah, that dog will keep popping up, haha ;) Especially now since we're gonna do Brindleton Bay when they are elders, there is no way I'm waiting for Jules to have a dog until then. I think I'll have her open up a vet clinic that month, which will be what makes that month a little more unique and pack specific. She needs a dog in her life though...

Haha, yes, what are the odds that I came up with a complex storyline and threw more twists into my story? ;) Gotta find some ways to drag out the Strangerville mystery so I don't finish it in a day, lol, so I'm getting creative :)

@SoulGal7
    The robotics event seems so fun, I didn't do much with the Foxbury campus, so it's cool to see other challengers spend more time on that campus. Always a little nerve wracking when they get electrocuted, but at least if you wait through that cool down period, Wolfgang should survive as he pursues this hobby, haha. Your daily pic is really cool too! I think it will be nice for Sakura and Wolfgang to live together off campus, and that will make controlling them both and getting good grades for them so much easier. It's hard to hop between households and play rotationally when doing uni, since it requires daily play to be successful.
    @lilypadmeulin oh sorry missed your post! Nice photos, it looks like Jenny and the girls are settling in well
    edited May 2021
    @permanentrose I love the backstory, and all the time you took with getting the pictures and everything! Such a cool effect :blush:

@lilypadmeulin Great to see the girls settle! <3 And can I just say, I love everyone giving me floorplan pictures! I wonder how the floorplan was done so many times, because that is my main problem...

@sassytxbrat I'm relieved that you were able to fully restore it! It sounded like you'd have to redo everything at first... :s

@SoulGal7 thank you for the recap on Sakura's friends! I guess I was mixing a few stories in my head...
    And of course, I haven't seen much Windenburg Gameplay yet, so the premades from there look just like generated (and restyled) Sims to me. That made me a bit confused when you talked about Luna like she everybody should know her! :D
    @miss_eulenauge Just wanted to let you know that your tag for me is wrong. :) I am @sassytxbrat ;)
    ~Teresa~
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    May 6
    im8XPPc.png

Bryons Diary
    is3zOWr.png
    As I left for work, I noticed gnomes standing in the hallway and outside. Oh no, it’s that time of the year again. Sorry, you’ll have to wait!

ov5EVsJ.png
    I decided to leave them be until I came back... But they were nowhere to be found when I arrived home.

(Bryon) “Hmm, weird. Where did those go?”

WTsKKe5.png
    (Johnny) “Where did what go?”
    (Bryon) “Ah, nothing.”

KzPHW6c.png
    (Johnny) “Time to spar!!”

But then, I spotted Erwin in the distance.

(Bryon) “Oh, can we wait a bit? I have something to ask Erwin.”

DKmQLs8.png
    (Johnny) “Sure. I’ll wait for you back inside.”

x2IWAJV.png
    (Erwin) “Hey, Bryon! How’s it going? Did you.. Go to the lab?”
    (Bryon) “I did, and I found a lot of stuff. A blueprint from the lab for example... Which reveals an extra floor.”

f2bI2Kj.png
    (Erwin) “The extra floor is real?!”
    (Bryon) “You knew about the extra floor?”
    (Erwin) “Of course I knew! Or well, I had theories about them. I’m a Conspiracy Theorist, you know! I've read a lot of books, heard a lot of theories, and made up some of them myself!”
    (Bryon) “... Do you know more?”
    (Erwin) "Well, as I said, I only have theories, but they say that behind the sealed doors, there's blue smoke, and you can't go through without... A Hazmat suit."

DWPyU8J.png
    (Bryon) "There indeed is blue smoke down there and you can't go through it without some kind of suit.. A Hazmat suit... But it's like those stopped existing..."
    (Erwin) “Wait. So, the theories are right? Wait another second. You've been through the sealed door???"
    (Bryon) “Eh, no. My boyfriend just told me. He works at the lab as a scientist. But I’ll go down too, as soon as I get my key..."

hDEsG5n.png
    (Erwin) “This is interesting... And I can make it even more interesting right now."
    (Bryon) "How?"
    (Erwin) "I have a Hazmat suit.”
    (Bryon) “You have a Hazmat suit?! How?”
    (Erwin) “ I found it, hidden in some kind of cave. Epic, right? Well... It's actually ripped into pieces, but I think I can fix it. I just wanted to have it as a souvenir, but if I can make you happy with it...”

vYQgKdk.png
    (Bryon) “You’re for real?! Thanks man!”
    (Erwin) “Hehe. It’s been a long time since I got a hug.”

5wlDBeV.png
    (Erwin) “You only have to keep me updated about your adventure. I wanna know if the other theories are true as well..."
    (Bryon) "Wait. What other theories?"
    (Erwin) "Later. First, I’ll fix that suit for you, and you get hands on a key.”
    (Bryon) “One step closer on getting my babies back!!”
    (Erwin) “What?”
    (Bryon) “Errrr... Nothing.”

im8XPPc.png
    (Erwin) “Beat the aliens!!!”
    (Bryon) “Heh. I can understand why Johnny likes that guy. Let’s go sparring with him. He’s already waiting for so long now.”

9DkwkzM.png
    (Johnny) “You’re doing great, Bryon. At this rate you’ll have your key card tomorrow.”
    (Bryon) “Really?”
    (Johnny) “Really.”

Behind the scenes
    YHQI7U2.png
    First of all: the gnomes were gone because Naoki kicked them, lol!

GUh8uwP.png
    This one sabotaged the shower.

hfxvHeh.png
    Ugh, it’s so dirty in the house.

U8s7duV.png
    But Naoki took care of it all right before going to work. (He actually had a holiday, but I made him travel to the lab and pretend he's working. I wonder why Bryon was able to go to work lol)

AK9tcsl.png
    Naoki immediately got back to his secret project. Time to research that Hazmat suit-problem. Why isn’t it possible to get hands on one?

FTuAOs0.png
    Then, Jaquan came out.

oGhzgLY.png
    (Jaquan) “Hey, what’re you reading?”
    (Naoki) “Oh, nothing special!!”

Bj1Uote.png
    (Jaquan) “Hmm. Okay. Secret project?”
    (Naoki) “Secret project indeed. I’m sorry.”
    (Jaquan) “It’s okay. I’ll be downstairs for my own secret project.”
    (Naoki) “Okay, good luck!”

iVv842j.png
    He just stood there, in front of the blue smoke, visibly annoyed.

(Jaquan, in himself) “Dangit.. He’s onto something.. I’m sure I saw the words 'Hazmat suit' in that book... That can only mean one thing.. He wants to go through the hall. He knows something is behind it.”

PzDlkhr.png
    (Jaquan, in himself) “You won’t find a Hazmat suit, Naoki! You won’t get those babies! You won’t succeed!”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @sassytxbrat This is quite embarrassing... Oh well. Thank you! Poor person who was always notified instead! :o

@Skeilah These Pics fit perfectly with the dialogue... Gorgeous! The "behind the scenes" has me worried for Naoki! Can they sabotage each other on the machines, like they prank toilets?
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Month 1 ~ Sulani ~ Day 6

jackson-05-06-03.jpg?w=683

Story:
    Day 6 (Friday)

The weekend was just around the corner for Jackson. He was filling more himself today. Visiting Makoa and Duane took a toll on his emotions. He hasn’t completely come out of the phase he is in, but his emotions are more intact than they were yesterday. He was ready to go to school today after his morning jog.

Jackson continues to do average in school. Today was a test day, but with his basic knowledge of listening to the teacher’s lectures, Jackson skims over the important material before the test. His score ends up being right in the middle of his classmates’. Coulda been better, coulda been worse. Perfect C student performance.

After classes, Jackson headed over to one of the beaches to celebrate his achievement of a C grade on his test. His parents helped him learn how to swim at a young age. They always taught him to be safe when it came to the waters. No diving. No jumping off cliffs. But now he was free to do whatever he wanted. And he’s always wanted to cannonball in the water. This was his opportunity. This was a new thrill for him. But he also knew why it was also dangerous and why his parents, especially his mother, didn’t want him doing stuff like this.

Just off the pier of his cannonball fun-ness, Jackson spotted an outrigger canoe. He climbed aboard. It looked amazing to him. He started to daydream himself sailing it along the oceans of Sulani, the wind to his back. The open air all around him. Jackson snapped back into reality when he heard some folks playing out in the waters not far from where he was. He took one final look at it before quickly making his way off the canoe in case the owner decided to come back for it and caught him hanging around on it.

When he finally made it back to his private beach, he saw that more trash had made hisits way over and getting close to shore.

Jackson (to himself): “Who in their right mind throws junk like this out in the ocean? This can’t be good for the sea and those creatures living in it.”

After cleaning up, he also missed having other furniture besides the tent and cooler. And he really wanted different food like the grilled fruit he had the other day. He started to think maybe seeing if Duane could help him get a job might be worth it afterall. Finding his phone, he plops down on the cooler and texts Duane.
    Duane, it’s Jackson. Can we meet this weekend? I’d like to see about getting a job if the offer is still open.

Side Notes:
    • I'll be adding some of the choices thrown up when he's at school as part of the storyline. This will spice up a little bit to the story about how Jackson continues to be just an average student.

Bonus Images:
    jackson-05-06-01.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-06-02.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-06-04.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-06-05.jpg?w=683

Aspirations Completed:
    • None

Traits:
    • Personality: Active, Bro
    • Aspirations: Home Turf
    • Reward: Hero (Mod), Everyman (Mod)
    • Temporary: Distant (Phase)

Skills:
    • Charisma - 1/10
    • Fitness – 2/10
    • Logic - 2/10
    • Persuasion (Mod) - 1/10
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    Hey everyone contributes to this challenge :)
    I really love following this thread, but it's a very big challenge to follow the individual stories.
    If you do not follow the thread every day, you are quickly lost.
    I have noticed Skeilah has made a chapter overview on her website and that is really a big help. Maybe several of you have made such an overview and it's just me it has overlooked them.
    Maybe it's not at all the intention that these stories should be spread to a larger audience than the participants ... but I just want to say that I think it's a loss. There are so many amazing pictures and stories stored here.
    I hope my comment is understood as positively as intended <3
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Hey everyone contributes to this challenge :)
    I really love following this thread, but it's a very big challenge to follow the individual stories.
    I have noticed Skeilah has made a chapter overview on her website and that is really a big help. Maybe several of you have made such an overview and it's just me it has overlooked them.
    Maybe it's not at all the intention that these stories should be spread to a larger audience than the participants ... but I just want to say that I think it's a loss. There are so many amazing pictures and stories stored here.
    I hope my comment is understood as positively as intended <3

I’m still working on my WordPress cover page that will give a sort of synopsis of each month. I actually post the daily’s here first and then it goes live on my WP site at noon CST each day.

Once I get through the first month as well, I’ll request @Karababy52 to also link to my WP cover page.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited May 2021
    @MonaSolstraale I noticed that as well; I started following it a week ago and I regularly ask "wait who's this Sim" or even get confused about which Sim is from which Story & creator.
    Many people post all their chapter links and a summary in their first post that gets updated every month. And in the first post, there are Links to everyone's first post.
    I think your idea is really good (I know @sassytxbrat, @IllusoryThrall and @LegacySims2017 have their updates on their blogs as well, probably others too.) If you look in everyone's "Bio", you may find the links there. Or in the first post.
    My main concern is that not everyone (me included) has the time, money or will to set up and maintain a blog. I for one will update my first post, but I can't do a blog right now. It would be too big of a commitment, and I'd abandon everything out of frustration. (Besides, I really do not have much time, sooo...)

But thank you very much for the encouragement <3

I was thinking if we could make it better visible by linking the last post, if that isn't too much work? Or if each writes their main characters at the top (ok, dumb idea). Or in a spoiler? Everyone with relations and traits as a simple copy-paste for us to look everyone up in? It's just, we really have about 15 stories now, most of them running for months, and that includes loads of characters to keep track of...!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top