Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    Thank you to everyone comenting on my beginning storyline.

@SoulGal7 I like the idea of extending one or more of the Adult stages to make room for Brindleton Bay. But we'll see!
    And to the Collections & Careers: There is a Google Docs compiled by @IllusoryThrall for her Master Simmer challenge which I might use to try and get all achievements, collections, etc. I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. :)

@Karababy thank you for your suggestions and the long comment. I think I already replied what I wanted to say about that to anyone else (and my mentions don't work yet anyway), so I hope that's ok.

@Hermitgirl Re my storyline: Somehow I feel bad for Greg now, and regret how unlikable I made him. It's a trap I fall into very often, to have stereotypical "good/bad Sims". I already noticed that with his supposedly "lazy" character, I couldn't really play with him because he isn't supposed to be helpful, and if left alone, he goes shouting at Sarah - and I can't have that, we need more kids along the line! Perhaps all these negative parenthood traits were a bad idea?
    Perhaps I can change one of his traits, eg when the baby is born to make him kind of a goofball, or childish, or active? Then there could be some cute bonding moments so he wouldn't be all that unlikable! And when I want him out of the house, he could just go jogging...
    I just see him as a Loner, someone who wants to do his own thing, but he needs a "thing" to do! Oh well, I may simply push him to be more of a Geek and less lazy. Then he'd work in Business and hate it (and still not help Sarah with the housework), but he'd have something to do, something to be proud of.
    They aren't technically married yet, I thought it would be strange since they just graduated high school. I may have them marry before kiddo is born... Or have a recurring romance or something an marry them later along. Or I might not marry them to leave myself room for one or both threatening to leave! O.o

@LegacySims btw, I am trying to be sensitive about stuff that could trigger anybody, and I realize that lack of money and Goodwill and that kind of thing could be triggering if handled poorly. I'm really trying to be sensitive, but it isn't easy. I have no experience with that sort of thing myself, much less so with the English and American versions. If you have any suggestions or critisism, please do not hold back! :)

Phew, I think that was all (unless one of you posted while I wrote). How are there so many stories and comments to keep track of now?! :D
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @SoulGal7
    LMAO at River "Is this some club initiation or something?" Perfect! I thought you'd run into a problem with them living in separate dorms. I think they should move in together!

@Karababy52
    Erwin was hilarious lol. My kind of guy! I liked the other paranoid girl too. Or are they really paranoid? Maybe it is Aliens!
    Speaking of Aliens I wanted to post this to you. Sorry if some of the words offend but the guy in this video kind of reminds me of my Lenny so heck yeah Roxanne is attracted to him! Me and her both!
    https://youtu.be/0EVVKs6DQLo

@miss_eulenauge
    Actually it makes them more interesting to me when I can dislike them or at least part of their characters. I hope my comment didn't make you think I disliked what you did with his character, because I do. I appreciate the bad ones lol. They can be hard to play though after awhile. I'm sure Greg will have redeeming qualities, with sims they will just happen too.. or you can push it. Just do the sims they way you want to and it will fall into place. If you change your mind though go for that too :).
    egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl: I love how you had the possessed Sims all held there for their own good, I always found it soooo unrealistic that authorities just let them wander around without caring. And I think this "if you get possessed, the military is going to come and get you" works very well with the general vibe of everybody being afraid to tell anything.

Re your comment: I guess I explained a bit poorly. I'm not thinking of making him a nice guy, he's going to keep his general character. But right now, there *is* nothing to his character except "sits around, does nothing and snaps at other people". That would work well enough in a full household, but as it is, he's just toooo boring to play. So I think he needs something he likes to do, so he feels more rounded, more like someone who just wants to be left to his own devices and has a fair bit of bad manners and not like "ok, the almighty one (me) decided he'd be an unlikeable guy doing nothing."

That's why I may push him more into the "Gaming & Tournament" Direction or something. And why he may get a "not bad" Lifestyle-Trait like childish or active so there's something he'll want to do except sit around :D
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    May 5
    29fSNlZ.png

Bryons Diary
    b1OpCo5.png
    Another day of working hard is going to be appraised!

fgcZqFM.png
    I got my first promotion and that made me so happy. I did all of this myself!

vPJEduZ.png
    I gotta tell Johnny.

hDpO7Ux.png
    He immediately opened his front door and sprinted towards me.

(Johnny) “I knew you could do it!!!”

BR8jkpl.png
    For once, I shared his excitement and we did a hip bump.

(Johnny) “Let’s go to your fitness room! You gotta learn something new now!”
    XOGZqMQ.png
    Sparring.

(Johnny) “Good! You can do it! Yes!”

2EYC0lP.png
    (Johnny) “Just don’t underestimate your little brother, kay?”
    (Bryon) “I would never.”

KuvYfuo.png
    (Bryon) “Roo, look out! You’re gonna get hurt if you stay there”

XLNROLv.png
    (Roo) “Meow.”

She doesn’t care at all...

Gto1d8y.png
    (Johnny) “Good work today. I’ll be back tomorrow for more sparring, okay?”

z6gEuln.png
    (Bryon) “Yes sir!”
    (Johnny) “You’re really getting the hang of it, Sergeant Ellison! Keep up the good work!”

Johnny left the scene and I was still feeling okay. Adrenaline flew through my blood. I was feeling like a new person.

ukuNygg.png
    (Bryon) “Just pushing my limits a little bit more.... Only one promotion and I’m one step closer to getting our babies back...”

Oph7ffr.png
    And just like that, I officially said goodbye to my Sedentary lifestyle.

Mz8lXSl.png
    When Naoki came back from work, he told me something about a gym venue here in Strangerville, so we went to check it out...

29fSNlZ.png
    Only to find it totally abandoned.

(credits to the person who made this, this is perfect!!)

(Naoki) “Should we still check it out?”
    (Bryon) “What, no—“

X1Ajxq3.png
    (Naoki) “Too late, I’m already going inside!!”
    (Bryon) “You gotta be kidding me...”

0wXgZkK.png
    (Naoki) “Look! This one is still pretty good! You should try another one!”

tT3zbS7.png
    I sighed, but still decided to try.

(Bryon) “Hm, not bad indeed. But still gross. Gotta take a shower when we get home.”

(Thanks to that I got into milestone 2 of the bodybuilder aspiration)

tYrnZMV.png
    (Naoki) “Man, such a waste. I bet this once was a nice gym.”
    (Bryon) “Yeah... Years ago. It was nice to check this out, but can we please go home again? It’s really creepy in here... And it stinks.”

6v8v7j6.png
    (Naoki) “Wait! Would these still work?!”
    (Bryon) “Naoki... Don’t hurt yourself.”

SRGmk40.png
    (Naoki) “Look, this one works!”

HuumVb9.png
    (Naoki) “Whoa!”
    (Bryon) “Get off before you really fall.”

JRALWC4.png
    (Naoki) “No no, it’s all good! See? The hill challenge also still works!”
    (Bryon) “Oh boy, this can’t end well...”

rwxgghU.png
    And I was right. Naoki fell on the ground, head first.

(Bryon) “Naoki! I told you so! Come on, time to go home.”

3srcQoW.png
    I immediately took a (brisk) shower when I got home. That gym was nasty!

Opp9bgV.png
    I still felt like I had enough energy, so I asked Naoki if he wanted to workout with me in our own fitness room before we got to bed.
    (and another aspiration milestone from the bodybuilder aspiration is done!)

We talked about Naoki's secret project, the blue smoke, the Hazmat suit and the lab, but...

(Bryon) "What?"
    (Naoki) "I mean it. It’s like Hazmat suits stopped existing..."
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    I'll shamelessly admit that I am trying to get my posts without annoying anybody too much, but hey, I have so many pretty screenshots already y'all can'T see!

I just played for a bit, and you wouldn't believe it, but they managed a nice conversation, an apology and a bit of flirting! I had Greg gift her a Diary since I have decided to do updates diary-style for now (at least until I unlock Pictures, and probably at least until the main Sim is born), since this means that they will work without photos as well. Thinking about getting one for Greg too, so we can see his side of the story as well. And once the main Sim is a kid, he/she will be able to get one too, should I decide to follow throuh with the Diary thing.

@Hermitgirl: I hope you aren't offended by me "stealing" your Diary style, but I think it will be different enough. My view of Sarah is more this "major in Classical English Literature" vibe, and since I actually learnt to speak english at school (i.e. without slang), I have a bit of trouble when trying to portray a more relaxed, slang-speaking character.
    Update will be there later today (it is noon already here), but for now I'll have to concentrate on my next Uni class ;)
    @miss_eulenauge you should go to the General Discussions, and get some posts over there :) just comment on some topics that you find interesting. I’m nog sure if it’s in the General Discussions, but there are topics where they play like games. You could totally join those.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat

Here, the off-topic chat! Heaven to make posts!
    I have been avoiding the "General Discussions" since I totally can't deal with agruments, they make me feel physically uncomfortable, and I feel like people are rather quick to attack each other on their opinions over there. But Games sound good!
    (And when I mentioned Hermitgirl above, I meant you. Sorry. ;))
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    Update 124 - A shocking discovery

rRKdlBu.png

Notes:
    The next day, Jules went back to the lab. She hadn't explored everything she wanted to yesterday, not wanting to appear too suspicious. And this time, she had come prepared in case she saw the dog, picking up some treats from the supermarket in town. She saw him almost immediately out by the trucks again, and he eagerly took the treat.
    eIEJB66.png

"Good boy," she told him, reaching out to pet him. He was a bit hesitant at first, but then began to enjoy the affection. "I have to go inside for a bit," she told him, as if he could understand her words. "But I'll come look for you again on my way out," she promised. He didn't look like he belonged to anyone - perhaps she would even take him back to the trailer with her after she finished exploring the lab some more.
    0K8PgXo.png

She was able to sift through some documents again, which were scattered and poorly organized. It seemed Emmett was right - whatever was happening here was a disorganized mess, a hasty cover up job. She knew she needed to find a way to gain access to the lower parts of the lab. She just needed to figure out a plan of how to do so.
    O0lCu9s.png

Feeling as though she had found everything she needed (she did get to 15 pieces of evidence after this visit, so indeed, she has found all she needs :wink:), she decided to leave, but on her way out, a solider stopped her in her tracks.

"Hey! I recognize you! You were the girl who broke in with a SimRay the other night...how'd you get a uniform?"
    kiLyE5U.png

Jules didn't answer. She merely reached for her SimRay, but this time, the girl was faster. (It was the Neighborhood Brawl holiday today so this seemed like a good way to let Jules participate, HAHA)
    lbQCJNc.png

The girl threw several punches...
    9cNjdMV.png
    xLkQD8x.png

...but Jules was swift and her instincts were always good in a fight, and she came out the victor.
    knWci8E.png

The girl was stunned momentarily, and it was all the head start Jules needed as she sprinted for the desert.
    cctc9FU.png

Not sure how much longer she could run or how close behind the soldier was, she decided to duck under the remains of an abandoned plane just ahead of her.
    acytiYt.png
    PfQxCeG.png

But moments later, she heard a creak from behind her. "George?" A voice hissed.
    C75opaa.png

A woman appeared behind her and angrily confronted her. "Why are you here and are there others with you?" she demanded.
    wPbdpxm.png

Jules was about to launch into an explanation, but there was something familiar about the woman, and suddenly, her heart skipped a beat as she recognized her. "Aunt Theresa?"
    mvguaen.png

Jules took off her hat, giving her aunt a better view of her face.

"My God, you look so much like Louise..." The woman's face immediately softened.
    VRdKJiO.png

Jules' head began swimming with the shock of it all. "I can't believe it's really you - I thought you were dead."

---
    Remember when I couldn't find the tombstone for Bex's mom? Well, that gave me an idea, and this was it :D
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Karababy52 - I wanted to mention that Josh looks so cute with his "military" haircut and that cute little lock of curly hair at the front. And I love the hairstyle that you chose for Essa as well. It really suits her. Again, all the Strangerville photos that you are taking are stunning.

Just to let everyone know, I am reading everyone's really, really exciting stories, and I will comment on all of them, but probably not until the weekend. I want to try to keep up with my story (and as it is I am already behind! lol). I have actually played the week in-game, and just have to write the dailies now. Keep up the great work everyone.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Month 1 ~ Sulani ~ Day 5

jackson-05-05-04.jpg?w=683

Story:
    Day 5 (Thursday)

Jackson woke up still knowing the fact he has no family and he’s all alone. And that’s what he’s feeling. He’s alone and wants to be alone. Therefore, he decides to skip school as he doesn’t want to be bothered by annoying teachers or around his classmates. However, he continued his routine of morning exercises by stretching, doing push ups and sit ups, and a jog along the beach.

Throughout the day, in between eating cereal and yogurt for meals and snacks, Jackson decided to try his hand at sand sculpting. The young woman he met the other day looked like she was having a lot of fun. He thought it would be amusing for himself to build a person in a shark costume. This only worked for a moment when it brought back memories of him dressing up for Spooky Day with his parents. He got annoyed and angry and smashed his sculpture with his feet.

Jackson spent the rest of the day sulking in his tent.

Side Notes:
    • Since the game gave Jackson a phase he’s going through of being distant and wants to be alone, this chapter is significantly short as there is not much to see when someone wants to be alone.

Bonus Images:
    jackson-05-05-02.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-05-03.jpg?w=683

Aspirations Completed:
    • None

Traits:
    • Personality: Active, Bro
    • Aspirations: Home Turf
    • Reward: Hero (Mod), Everyman (Mod)
    • Temporary: Distant (Phase)

Skills:
    • Charisma - 1/10
    • Fitness – 2/10
    • Logic - 2/10
    • Persuasion (Mod) - 1/10
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @miss_eulenauge I don't mind you 'stealing' the Dairy-idea ^^ I won't call it stealing. You can do what you want! I also look to what others do to improve what I do.
    edited May 2021
    Well, on time for my first "real" update, I got promoted to member - and then spent two hours figuring out BBCode and images! :( Oh well, at least it works. Kind of. Question: How do I make images appear a bit less big?

Update 1 - Bridgeview

ZvVxXOV.jpg

Sarah's Diary

(warning, long! And big images 'cause I couldn't figure out how to size them down.)
    Well hello, dear Diary! I am sure you are wondering where I went, since I last wrote in my childhood room.
    Well, if you remember what I told you about this cute boy - Greg... Well, we were dancing at the graduation party, I think I had the time of my life. But a couple of weeks later, I had to tell my parents that I was pregnant with Greg's baby and did not intend to abort it. They did not take too kindly to that, to say the least. In fact, as far as I understood, they are going to pretend that I have gone to live in the city and have not heard of me ever since. Or something like it. I don't think I will ever hear from them again.
    That's also why I decided that the baby and I will carry Greg's name. I mean, we aren't officially married or anything, but still... Here are enough gossipers that we can at least try not to be the scandal of the town! My parents would probably be happy about it, or about anything that makes my life miserable!
    Back to the story. I grabbed a bag of clothes and my trusty sketchpad and went over to Greg's house to stay there. He is already living alone, because he inherited a small self-built home from some relative. It isn't pretty and is incredibly full with cheap furniture and just stuff, but to me, it will be home. It has to be.
    OAwowGE.png
    He has a complicated backstory, so a young family was decidedly not in his plans, and he showed that clearly. Thankfully, he said that I could stay with him anyway. After all, we had made it official! And apparently he "could use little help with bills, dirty socks and dishes...", as he put it.
    z4jajYe.png
    I have been staying with him for several days now, and we have been butting heads quite a bit in the beginning. I mean, putting your dish into the sink or taking out the trash instead of sitting in front of the TV or playing games all day isn't too much to ask of a grown Sim, is it?! I mean, I know that he just wants to be left in peace, but we're a family now. We have to make it work!
    I guess that thought ocurred to him as well, because this morning over breakfast, he apologized for all the arguments. He gave me a diary to replace the one I left at my parent's, and had even remembered how much I loved our English writing class! I used to help him with his Assignments...
    zrxbC5Y.jpg
    We then went to the library. He wanted to do another tournament, and I wanted to ask around for a job and research a bit about fixing computers and bathroom fixtures. We have a second computer upstairs and a second bathroom, but everything is broken, and I'm afraid the water will damage the floor soon.
    BcdmdBO.png
    Sure enough, I got a job! I can do some freelance gigs with my Sketchpad, since I always liked to draw. It wasn't too easy at first , but I soon got the hang of it.
    I also moved things around a bit to make room for a bassinette in our room. I hope Greg won't be too angry if the baby wakes him up, but hey - this is the only space I found in the whole house, and it is his kid too!
    That evening, I already had my first gig. I know, it's Sunday... But apparently someone had forgotten his rich aunt's birthday and wanted a fast portrait as present! (Will all of my jobs be so funny, or was it just this one? Something about it... or about the pregnancy hormones sent me laughing!) Anyway, that was how I spent the evening. Then, shortly after midnight, I had to go meet this person. They were statisfied, and we now have at least 302 simoleons (instead of the 100 $ birthday money).
    vvjO8g3.png
    My belly is huge already, and I don't know if I will be able to sleep the rest of the night or if the little one will want to come out during the night. So I guess next time, I'll be able to present my first child to you! (I never thought I'd say that so soon, but I am excited and happy to be a mom anyway.)
    Bye!

Introduction
    Sarah and Greg Britton, parents to the future participant in this challenge
    (Parents & House on the Gallery under #onemonthoneworldoneyear and "One Sim - Fam. Britton". Sims shown as "with CC".)
    -two young adults living in Newcrest on the 20x15 lot "Comfy Cubby". Generated via Story mode and then changed up a bit.
    -Greg has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he wants to... At the moment, he works in Business (and hates it). On the side, he tries his hand in Novice Gaming tournaments.
    -Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    ZH9yPFi.png

Backstory (reminder)
    But how did these two end up together?!
    Well, they both lived in the small town of Newcrest and went to high school together. Greg kinda had a rough home life and was perfectly content to jump at the opportunity when a dying relative offered him a small rundown home filled with stuff from goodwill. Here was a chance to leave his old life behind and start anew without anyone telling him what to do. He may not have put in much effort at school, but he sure knew how to win over a girl! And Sarah was already atrracted to him...
    Long story short, at their graduation party, things got a little too heated, and Sarah fell ill with nausea. When she told her rather conservative parents, tensions rose high, and she found herself kicked out with little more than a bag of clothes and her trusty old digital sketchpad.
    The only place she had left to go was her boyfriend's. Although he did not want the baby, he agreed to let Sarah and the little one stay in exchange for help with the bills (and his dirty socks). After all, they *had* made things official back when still at school. And it would certainly keep the boredom at bay - be it through arguments about stinky socks, farts and unpaid bills or through flirty looks at the dinner table...
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    @miss_eulenauge Yay for becoming a member and successfully post your update with pictures and stuff!! When you post your photos via Imgur, you can pick a size:
    BYSHtKF.png

I'd have to play around with it to see which one is a bit smaller, but you can play around with it yourself too :)
    Playing around
    With the photo of Bryon totally dying. Based on what size you have selected, the link from the picture will slightly change.

Original image:
    ukuNygg.png

Small square:
    ukuNyggs.png

Big square:
    ukuNyggb.png

Small Thumbnail:
    ukuNyggt.png

Medium Thumbnail:
    ukuNyggm.png

Large Thumbnail:
    ukuNyggl.png

Huge Thumbnail:
    ukuNyggh.png
    edited May 2021
    Thank you for the advice. :)
    I'll have to think about whether I will acutally make them smaller. I was looking at @LegacySims2017 's posts for formatting advice, but since then, I saw @permanentrose and you just use the actual big pictures. I think it was bugging me that in the preview, the posts are even wider, so the pics were huge. Well, I think I'll play with formatting a bit anyway. Good for me that there's some time left until the actual challenge begins for me! ;)

Now, since there were more posts throughout the day (I think I might not keep up with commenting on all of them. I'll read and react and stuff, but there are too many at this point!)
    @Skeilah For some reason, I found their Excursion to the abandoned Gym just to get some Goals done super funny. And it looks great!
    @permanentrose Cute doggie! <3 *watcher incapatitated! 15... 14... 13...* Wait, where were I? Oh yeah, what a twist, to have her find her auntie! I need to go look up the backstory; I haven't read farther than Page 8 of this thread so far!

Hope I didn't miss anybody's post! - and now I have to run for the dinner table ;)
    edited May 2021
    @miss_eulenauge
    Honestly there wasn’t any huge build up in any of my updates for this reveal. All you really need to know is part of my background info really - Jules’ parents and her aunt and uncle were all secret agents who died under suspicious circumstances - a yachting accident. Kind of a backstory I threw together last minute, haha. The only reason I made parents for Jules, her sister, and her cousin was so I could make them cousins in the first place, but then I used MCCC to kill all 4 parents since I didn’t want them around when I first made Jules, they weren’t really meant to be part of her story - she was just part of my main save originally, but then I decided to flesh her out for this challenge. Anyway, I went to put all four parents’ tombstones in a cemetery at the beginning of this challenge, but I couldn’t find Aunt Theresa’s, so I decided to make up a story that they never found her body and then just decided that I’d have her secretly still be alive if it ever made sense for my story, so that how this update came to be :)

I’m on my phone so I’ll do proper comments for everyone later :)
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    edited May 2021
    Mia Patina
    May 5
    Week 1 Thursday

2021-05-02-10_31_29-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Today is really, really short. But it gets longer tomorrow.
    There weren’t a lot of pictures taken today. Mia mastered communication and imagination and just needs to finish up thinking. They will definitely be ready to move on Saturday. Thursday was the Season Premiere of Game of Llamas. Skye watched it after her audition while Emily watched it first thing in the morning. Mia joined Skye for a little bit, enough to top off her imagination. Thankfully, she is still too young to know what she was watching. For her, at this point, it is just a lot of colorful pictures and sims doing things.
    2021-05-02-10_22_51-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye decided to get rid of the robot vacuums as they were constantly broken and never getting anything clean. She bought two nice push vacuums, one for her and one for Emily. And then, she cleaned the house from top to bottom.
    2021-05-02-10_30_54-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye had put Mia to bed before starting to clean, and I wasn’t watching so I am not sure if the vacuum woke up Mia or if she was just being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Either way, she put herself back to bed when she woke up. Skye finished cleaning the house and went to bed. Emily is so close to her promotion, but she came up just short of the performance needed. Since they won’t be moving out until Saturday, she will probably earn it before Skye and Mia move out.
    2021-05-02-10_31_29-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Post edited by sassytxbrat on
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Day Five
    05-05-21_2-24-10-pm.jpg
    Friday afternoon marked the end of Jaz’s first week at school. Marnie rounded up all the younger kids because Myles wanted to go to the park… and Phoenix made sure to call in his League of Adventurers to meet them there.
    05-05-21_2-22-13-pm.jpg
    (I started out the outing by modifying the park to add some stuff for everyone to do, including basketball, more kids area, more chess boards, some toddler play stuff, and a closet for the club activities.)

Marnie took the toddlers over to the new jungle gym, trying to give them something to do while she made some dinner for everyone.
    05-05-21_2-22-25-pm.jpg
    Phoenix immediately gathered on the jungle gym, and Myles wandered over curiously, but didn’t join in.
    05-05-21_2-23-23-pm.jpg
    Marnie had brought plenty of Hot Dogs to share with everyone, and with the toddlers occupied for the moment, she set about making them.
    05-05-21_2-23-36-pm.jpg
    Phoenix and friends socialized and had a great time.
    05-05-21_2-23-52-pm.jpg
    Myles socialized a bit, but he had other things on his mind.
    05-05-21_2-24-41-pm.jpg
    05-05-21_2-24-57-pm.jpg
    Luckily, the twins were having a fabulous time.
    05-05-21_2-26-18-pm.jpg
    … And so was everyone else. (Apparently my modifications to the park were well-received.)
    05-05-21_2-26-32-pm.jpg
    Jaz’s priority for the afternoon was the three games of chess she needed for her aspiration. This is her second. (I have no idea who the lurker man is, but he kinda reminds me of my over-tanned neighbor IRL.)
    05-05-21_2-28-03-pm.jpg
    Once the hot dogs were ready, Marnie called everyone to eat. Myles finished first, and set about teasing his younger sister. (Who was not impressed.)
    05-05-21_2-30-08-pm.jpg
    Phoenix, however, took the moment to try and usurp the leadership of the club from Elsa.
    05-05-21_2-31-19-pm.jpg
    She wasn’t going to hear any of it, unfortunately.
    05-05-21_2-32-20-pm.jpg
    On the other side of the playground, Myles was still torturing his sister… who played off her annoyance with a yawn.
    05-05-21_2-32-31-pm.jpg
    Myles shoved her, and tried to pick a fight, never realizing that Marnie had noticed the altercation and headed their direction.
    05-05-21_2-33-02-pm.jpg
    She arrived just in time to see Jazmyn finally let loose on her annoying brown-nose brother.
    05-05-21_2-36-14-pm.jpg
    Needless to say, Marnie was NOT happy about it, and immediately gave Jaz a time-out and forced her to do her homework. Marnie quickly cuddled Myles, making sure he was okay, and herded him away to work on scouts badges (which was what the outing had been for, after all.)
    05-05-21_2-39-50-pm.jpg
    Phoenix had finally run out of energy, however, and picked himself up and headed back home.
    05-05-21_2-42-05-pm.jpg
    Marnie and Myles finished off their evening with a friendly game of chess, while Jaz (finally out of time-out and with her homework finished) had found young Colin picking at a chess board, and decided to get her last chess game in.
    05-05-21_2-44-10-pm.jpg
    The conversation started out okay, but soon he snidely brought up her school faux-pas. Annoyed, Jaz’s patience broke a bit, and she let him have it. Luckily, Marnie didn’t hear (or care about Colin or Jaz).. so Colin apologized and the game continued. (Although the game became far more cut-throat..)
    05-05-21_2-44-40-pm.jpg
    Myles finished his night off with finding a few frogs for his Young Scientist badge, then Marnie packed up the twins (who were both napping on park benches by this time) and Myles, and they all headed home. She completely forgot about Jaz.. but Jaz wasn’t worried. She knew where home was.
    05-05-21_2-45-40-pm.jpg
    Unfortunately, she came out the loser on the chess match, and she looked on with disbelief. “How did you beat me?!” she wailed, then stood up and stretched.
    05-05-21_2-48-24-pm.jpg
    Yawning deeply, Jaz said goodbye to Colin (who was watching her slyly.. maybe he likes her more than he let on??) and headed home.

She was the last to arrive, but that just meant there was a free bathroom to take a quick, although cold, shower.. and head to bed.

The twins, however, were thoroughly wound up and wouldn’t stay in bed for anything. The active mice were not helping. Marnie struggled with them while Bennie snored happily (having actually attended work on his own for the second day in a row), and she ended up getting no sleep.. which didn’t bode well for the next day.
    @Hermitgirl
    I do control everyone from time to time, including the toddlers, but I try not to make them do things they wouldn't do based on personality. It's one thing if Bennie is cleaning or taking care of a toddler on his own, but I certainly won't make him do it, because he wouldn't. (I usually initiate mean interactions from him towards the toddlers. For example, Braydon and he really can't stand each other.) But, yes, overall, it's not an easy household to play - so I'm always very glad when each day's playtime is over successfully and nobody died or got taken away. LOL.
    edited May 2021
    @IllusoryThrall
    Nice work on Jazmyn's aspiration! And I have to be honest, I get a little stressed out for you, thinking about how crazy it must be to control this family of eight lol. Do you use cheats at all? I saw you responded to hermitgirl and said that you control them all from time to time, when needed, but I wasn't sure if you were allowing yourself to cheat needs at all. Pretty impressive if you aren't! I've never played a large family without cheating needs.

@sassytxbrat
    Toddlers napping on the floor is always pretty cute. I love they have that interaction. I have seen in happen in real life before, haha. Mia is precious, I'll miss that cute little toddler when she ages up soon, but you've got more important exciting things to achieve for her now! Also looking forward to meeting her new little sibling!

@miss_eulenauge
    Yay, you're a member now! Exciting to see your first post! All you new challengers are really going in deep with your backstories, starting with kids and toddlers and babies that aren't even born yet, LOL. It's fun to get the family and parents fleshed out though ahead of time if you know they're going to be important in your sims' life. I did a lot of that after I started playing Jules, though I did start her off with a sister and cousin from the start, and I'm glad she has those family members. Excited to see where your challenge goes!

@LegacySims2017
    I'm not gonna lie, I thought that Jackson didn't have any pants on in your daily pic, just because the sand made his shorts blend in with his skin color :D Nice job including his phase in his story! How long do phases last? I feel like I usually ignore those in my game. I know mood swings tend to be 8 hours, wasn't sure how phases compared

@Skeilah
    HAHAHA that gym was fantastic, and even better that Naoki was the one to find it. I feel like that would be his luck - and then of course he'd insist on going inside. What a cool alien abandoned vibe. Nice work aspiration hopping too!

@Hermitgirl
    I love that you created a military base/holding area for those soldiers who have been infected, and it was funny to see them all gardening together :D I have never played around much with possessed sims to see what they can actually do in their possessed state - hopefully sometime this month I'll have a chance to. I'm really loving your story mode this month so far!

@Karababy52
    Josh is looking cute in his uniform. I like how those rolled up sleeves show off his muscles. Nice work getting Essa slowly into the investigation herself. Essa, girl, you can't seriously be that surprised though that aliens exist, lol - there's already vampires and spellcasters in your world, so aliens aren't that far out there ;) That conversation with Erwin was especially entertaining. I love that he tried to sell her a hat - those hats are just too funny. I'll have to let Hugo wear his again soon haha. Did she end up buying anything from the shop?

I'm a little worried Josh might come home possessed now...and in that case, Essa would have a reason to start investigating more, if she needed to save Josh...just speculating a bit now :)
    I am enjoying all of the stories. And I am really liking coming home from work and playing one day and then closing the game and walking away without feeling like I need to keep playing. And I am really liking Mia and looking forward to her story as it plays out. And now I am off to read for awhile.
    ~Teresa~
    @permanentrose I do not cheat their needs at all, no. I have MCCC on, but not for the purpose of cheating needs or anything, just to make sure the rest of the save file seems "alive" I do have risky woohoo on and child support payments, you know that sort of stuff, but nothing that would help game play be any easier. Luckily, I have practice with big families. Although.. this is the first one that's so dysfunctional... so it keeps me on my toes!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @Hermitgirl
    I enjoy capturing emotional screenshots. They're pretty good for this type of challenge especially when showcasing just one image. Not sure if Jackson would consider himself an outcast. More of someone who doesn't want to be annoyed with all the trouble of being in a family that isn't really his family. But maybe he'll learn from Duane.

I've had 3 people download Jackson when I posted here about having uploaded him. So hoping the 3 people here who did enjoy him in their game. :wink:

@miss_eulenauge
    My reply with a portion of your quote was more of trying to be humorous about Jackson. Sorry if it was a bit confusing. It was dry humor.

I hope my formatting helped you find your own type. I think your first chapter you did great with it.

@permanentrose
    After looking over the screenshot again, I see the "no pants" possibility. He is all alone on his little beach, so I could see him being all nekkid. But I think I'll keep the images tasteful. :grimace:

Jackson's distant and alone phase lasted a few days and then it was gone.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    so, anyone that is actually following my blog, I accidentally let the domain expire today. So, now waiting on them to process payment and turn it back on. Hopefully by tomorrow morning. :(
    ~Teresa~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top