Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In your opinion, which Sims game did Fame the best?

2...Next

Comments

• Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    The one thing I DID not like in the Sims 4 Get Famous was how quickly your fame deteriorated. I don't like micromanaging the social media account every single day just to prevent decay. I know it does feel rewarding when you finally get up the levels but it's just a minor irritant, especially when one day, you gain a star, you get happy, next day you lose it, you get sad. Blegh.

I have no clue how other games did fame deterioration so don't ask me.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    The one thing I DID not like in the Sims 4 Get Famous was how quickly your fame deteriorated. I don't like micromanaging the social media account every single day just to prevent decay. I know it does feel rewarding when you finally get up the levels but it's just a minor irritant, especially when one day, you gain a star, you get happy, next day you lose it, you get sad. Blegh.

It was about the same in TS1. Your Sim had to go to the studio and could be downgraded if they missed going. Also if you failed to make them contact and or call or chat with other celebs of a higher degree of fame. You had to stay connected and back then they only way was with the phone or going to the studio. If your Sim missed going for a few days they would be downgraded and if they couldn't meet their needs and or too tired etc. too bad.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »

It never decayed in 3 without mods, that time you spoke to Matthew Hamming as a teen would be there until your Sim dies, so the day you gain that star is the day your Sim never goes back or even fades a little.

Always should've been a thing personally even if a 5 star Rockstar or actor celebrity should drop to 3 or 4 stars after a few years,
    L9q8VGi.png
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I've only played 3 & 4, and I HATED the celebrity system in 3. It more spread like virus than by any sort of accomplishment. And it took them several years to even add an opt-out option, no matter how much players complained about it. It was the one thing that finally made me start using mods.

I definitely like the system in 4 better, because you can have some more control over who is a celeb & who isn't. I'm not that big on fame & fortune, I like the quiet life myself, so I still seldom play celebs, but I don't cringe when one appears in my game anymore either. In fact, I kind of like having them around, when they show up at a venue, their fans show up too, and that livens up the place and gives my sims more sims to meet & mingle with.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I like Get Famous (Sims 4) for the actual movie star experience. That said, it definitely lacks some realism with regards to pay and contracts the actors get compensated for. For example, your sim can become an A-lister movie star, but still live in a shelter, lol. I also don't like how any sim in the game can easily gain fame points and this sometimes causes annoying quirks or redundant messages regarding their fame levels during gameplay and has nothing to do with what the sim is doing.

The paparazzi feature can also be interruptive during gameplay with famous sims. Making it a challenge to play them as they can't relax outdoors nor inside their own home. Needs to be an easier toggle to turn that feature off.

So I guess the best thing about the pack is being to "go to work" with the sim actor to an actual movie studio with interesting sets, etc. making it worth getting. I just hope they fix, adjust, or change some of the annoying features along with the buggy issues that come with it.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I enjoyed all of them at the time they came out.🥰
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I have no idea how it works in TS1-2 and 4 cuz I don't have those packs but in TS3 I mostly found it more like an annoyance than an actually engaging feature. Like, I appreciate some challenge that came with false accusations and whatnot but the whole "I'm not gonna speak with u cuz I'm famous" really went against my roleplay for certain characters. My very first 5 star sim Aaron (and my very first sim in TS3) being an exception because he has such a great charisma and whatnot that he pretty much befriends everyone by just saying "Hello" to them :D . That's completely in-character even if it's kind of funny.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't play 4 but The Sims was the Best.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    The Sims 4 has the best Fame system, but the best experience of celebrity was in Superstar. Your Sim could be a model, singer, music star, comic and actor.