May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

Tired of being babysit by a game.

Comments

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 507 Member
    That nap ok if you don't mind divorces happening to your sims.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,388 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    With how low the area of effect jealousy is in the game, I doubt a Sim will notice if they are being cheated on or not.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,186 Member
    edited May 5
    Scobre wrote: »
    With how low the area of effect jealousy is in the game, I doubt a Sim will notice if they are being cheated on or not.
    Oh I don't know about that Scobre. My sim's wife Cat had Bella Goth over for visit one day. And Bella hitted on my sim while Cat was standing right there next my sim and Bella. Cat was furious with Bella flirting with my sim. Bella Goth was so embarrassed with what she had done that she had bolted right out the front door without saying goodbye or even I have to be going. Bella just bolted out that door. I have never seen a sim move so fast like Bella Goth did that day.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,388 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Oh I don't know about that Scobre. My sim's wife Cat had Bella Goth over for visit one day. And Bella hitted on my sim while Cat was standing right there next my sim and Bella. Cat was furious with Bella flirting with my sim. Bella Goth was so embarrassed with what she had done that she had bolted right out the front door without saying goodbye or even I have to be going. Bella just bolted out that door. I have never seen a sim move so fast like Bella Goth did that day.
    That is neat it works well with the pets at least.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,186 Member
    edited May 5
    sunman502 wrote: »
    That is neat it works well with the pets at least.
    I imagine that it works well with any of the packs. Although I haven't had any sim do that in my game for quite some time now. So I don't know if that's still working or not at this time.
    ETA: Bella Goth moving so fast was something to see alright. I mean she just high-tailed it right out that front door as if Temperance was chasing after her. Of course Temperance wasn't because this happened years ago, long before we got Paranormal.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 4,620 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    every occult or sims interactions should be allowed too be switched off so those who brought the packs just for items do not complain that they have vampires and spellcasters or mermaids and aliens in the game

Yeah, vampires are so nerfed I don't see them doing anything vampiric. Alien abductions don't exist unless sim is scientist or alien.

I don’t know. I have one sim that a vampire likes and tries to come feed of at night..... and it’s not vlad. I just keep the door locked if I don’t want it to happen. I do remember my sims not being able to get out of a night club once because the vampire was keeping them in there I guess..... I never did understand the point of that.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 702 Member
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    Who even complained about this? I am very active in the Sims community yet I never saw anyone complain about this feature? I have seen people complain about other stuff that was never changed though.

@logion You hit the nail on the head.
    logion wrote: »
    People on twitter started complaining and got a response from the sims twitter, soon after that sims news sites and youtubers started making videos blowing the whole thing way out of proportion.
    To me it honestly feels like these people are just chasing drama at this point and I'm getting pretty tired of it. The sims team should just have changed the patch notes and that's it.

The written 411 Recap on April 29th listed and detailed what personality traits were updated in the last patch. Up until that point, we did not know. Too much information/communication--you tell me. When I read it on April 29th, I thought nothing of it--certainly didn't think it had anything to do with consent considering all the various ways a Sim can become dazed.

Molly who is also an EA Game Changer also known as storylegacysims who recently designed two outfits (Toddler top and pants) in the Sims. According to her, she's been playing the game for 11 years. On April 30th, Molly put this on her twitter account which kicked things off.

So, of course the Sims team wanted to avert a PR nightmare and squash the issue before it ignited. Hence, the Sims teams responded the next day on May 1st with the following:

Ofcourse it had to be a Karen.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,688 Member
    The Sims 4 is becoming a castrated version of life at this point.

I was actually replying to the part you edited out, by saying "Hey, don't get them any ideas" :smiley::p

@Ellupelluellu Haha yeah I thought I might give them ideas for more "politically incorrect" stuff to cut out so I erased it just in case. :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,454 Member
    As a game-changer shouldn't she have mentioned it quietly to EA/Maxis? It makes a nonsense of EA using them to try out games for them and find out problems. I thought that was what they were for.
    That was a problem that could be sorted if reported but she chose to show it to all and sundry who hadn't come across it at all yet.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,590 Member
    And I've a idea of a scientist inventing and selling simrays to evil sims.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,454 Member
    edited May 5
    The Sims 4 is becoming a castrated version of life at this point.

I was actually replying to the part you edited out, by saying "Hey, don't get them any ideas" :smiley::p

@Ellupelluellu Haha yeah I thought I might give them ideas for more "politically incorrect" stuff to cut out so I erased it just in case. :lol:

Illegal abduction by aliens next! No abduction of adult male Sims leading to alien babies and all that...............

Instead of Star wars stuff we should have had a game pack of fighting such aliens off our males! :oB)
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 13,009 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    And I've a idea of a scientist inventing and selling simrays to evil sims.

I'm gonna ask for simrays to be nerfed.

I once had a very disturbing dream of being frozen in a block of ice, and the thought of using a simray in game really triggers me.

*sarcasm* in case of doubt
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 161 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    What they should do is make different modes. One where nothing bad ever happens to your sims. One where sims can die and some bad things can happen like normal life. And one mode where life can be chaotic within the game's rating.

I don’t want to play a sims game with modes. I will agree for a on and off switch for interactions!
  • AineAine Posts: 2,773 Member
    It's stuff like this that makes me take loooong breaks from the game - waiting for Paralives to drop, then I can forget about Sims 4 and most likely Sims forever. It makes me sad what happened to the Sims franchise tbh. It's so much I love about it, but I'm just wasting money and time and hope on it at this point, sorry to say. I'm supporting paralives now and it looks very promising so far and exactly the kind of simulation game I want. The direct line of communication to the devs is the icing on the cake and very much the indie approach which I love. Still will take a while before the game comes out, but at least I know that I'll have some simulation game to play once all hope for sims is gone.

In essence, Sims 4 is just hurting itself with limiting any kind of gameplay and not letting players decide how they want to play instead of sanitizing everything. I'll NEVER understand why the devs don't just give us more setting options and toggles for things instead of nerfing or removing. Just give the over sensitive players a sanitized player mode and leave us adults alone. For crying out loud.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 762 Member
    Hey just so you all know tomorrow we can make our voices heard here on the forum - so show up and speak up
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,491 Member
    At 6am...I'm gonna be so tired. 😪
  • GordyGordy Posts: 1,908 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Hey just so you all know tomorrow we can make our voices heard here on the forum - so show up and speak up
    Dang, Sims team getting roasted in the comments.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 20,828 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

And they'll all be on the forum tomorrow. Should be fun. 😄
    Do more of what makes you happy. 🌞
  • GordyGordy Posts: 1,908 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

And they'll all be on the forum tomorrow. Should be fun. 😄
    It will be fun to have a new audience for my dragon posting. By the end of the day, their hearts will be lit up by Torch.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top