March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited May 2021
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to participate in this month’s challenge. There were so many beautiful creative homes, I loved them all!

@Auroraskies Selvadorada Guesthouse is such a nice Spanish styled home! You were so creative in the design of the roof. The way that you landscaped the yard works well with the area and it is nice to see activities for sims to enjoy outdoors. The interior of the home is decorated very nicely as well. The colors that you used look nice and bright and rich together, and the way that you have laid out the furniture works really well. Nicely done!

@luckyheather Witching Hour is such a creative home! The detail with all the greenery and plants on the exterior is great! I absolutely love the gazebo and the pond as well! The interior of the home suits the style that you have chosen so well. I love the colors that you have chosen. I would have expected the house to be darker but it looks so nice with the blues and white. You have added so many nice details to this home! Well done!

@icanhassims Tiny Desert home is so lovely! It has just the most wonderful street view with all the cactus! I love it! The patio has a nice design and it is great that you added Eco features to the home. The interior looks very nice! You have managed to fit so many things into this tiny house. I really like your color choices and my personal favorite is the way you made the living room area. Great job!

@83bienchen Perfect Vacation Pier is such a beautiful home for Sulani! The lush tropical plants on the exterior look stunning and I love all the details that you have added, especially on the roof! The interior suits the style of the home nicely and it is great that you were able to accommodate a whole family. I also love the dock that you have added with all the wonderful activities for sims to use. Very well done!

@nali272 I love the modern take that you chose for this blueprint. I think your house numbers are great as well. I always forget to add them, I think they add so much. Your back patio is a nice idea and I really like the greenery creeping up the walls. The interior is nicely done as well. I really like the way that you placed the island and the couch. That is perfect for sims to eat and watch TV and all the artwork on the walls add a nice touch. Somehow you made this house seem so spacious. Very nicely done!

@GlacierSnow Serenity Point is a great house for Windenburg. The stone and wood exterior suit it nicely and you have created such a nice patio for painting and relaxing on. I love the colors that you have chosen for the interior. They work perfect for a single lady and give the home such a nice tranquil feeling. It was nice that you added an island and the corner couch fits in perfectly there! You have made such a nice cozy home! Well done!

@Clousinators your bright and tiny house looks so beautiful! The green stucco with the stone looks so cheery and I really like the way you designed the roofline. The back yard is very nice as well, the covered patio is a nice touch. You have made a nice use of space on the interior and you have added so many nice details! I especially like the storage design around the bed and the layout of the main living area. Great job!

@wanderinglizzy Small Family Starter is such a cute little home! It is nice that you decided to make it a starter home. I really like the cottage feel that you have given this house and the lot choice it perfect. The interior looks great as well. Wonderful idea to turn the pantry into the nursery, it was such an awkward space and you made it work so well. Your furniture choice and placement look great and scrapping the hall area really adds extra space to the home. Nicely done!

@AIRIS6962 Primrose Cottage is a very nice cottage styled home. Your landscaping looks fantastic and I love the design of the roof. Great job on the fireplace exterior as well. The interior has such a nice cottage feel to it with the rugs and the stone flooring. I really like your wall covering choices especially adding the feature wall in the bedroom. Great idea to add a desk instead of the closet, it works so well there. You have done a such great job!

@Pinkusfamily Haunted Spooky Starter is very appropriately named. You have done such a good job of making this house look spooky. With the landscaping and all the little details like the cobwebs on the exterior it is perfect for Forgotten Hollow. The interior continues the theme well and is decorated so nicely. The placement of the furniture and the lighting add so much to this house! Well done!

@JojoMOMSTER Your granny suite is lovely! What a great idea to make it above a garage. You have really given this home a cozy feel. The pantry shelves loaded with treats are so nice and the artwork on the walls suit the house so well. I like the soft colors that you have used and actually really like the slight change to the layout, giving the house a laundry room and an open space for linens and toys. Very nicely done!

@ForeverTuesday Your overgrown Guest house is beautiful! I love all the trees and flowers that you have used to make the yard look so pretty. You have done a great job of decorating the interior of the home as well. The flooring and furniture that you have chosen give this house such a nice lived in or older feel to it and I really like the little extras that you added to the linen closet as well. Great job!
    Post edited by AlJay on
    May Challenge

0U0sG9v.jpg

YX4kRaO.jpg

The challenge for May is to use the blueprint above to design a home. Your build can be on any size lot and any style you choose. There is no budget but please do not use any custom content. Please hashtag with #BB19 and #AlJay2000 when you upload it to the gallery. As always, if you wish to make a household for your new build, please feel free to do that as well!

If you need a starting point, I have uploaded a shell to the gallery for you to use. This is just a guide and can be put on any size lot with any wall and foundation height.

BlueprintBuilds –May Shell

Have fun! I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback, dear @AlJay <3

May shell looks awesome!
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    @AlJay Thank you for your kind comments!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Thank you @AlJay !
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you @AlJay!! <3
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks for the lovely comments @AlJay @rosemow @83bienchen @GlacierSnow @JojoMOMSTER ! Glad you liked the decision to turn the shell into a playable starter home.
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    Thank you @AlJay
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I been a little out of it lately.

I just saw the new Challenge & Read your Wonderful feedback @AlJay .
    Thank you for the kind words !

Have a great week all !

Diane Pinkus o:)
    Challenge Number: 19
    Gallery name of build: Kitschy Keen
    Origin id: icanhassims
    Screenshots:
    05-04-21-11-36-19-am_orig.png
    05-04-21-11-36-33-am.png

Top-down shots: (3 photos)
    05-04-21-11-35-36-am.png
    05-04-21-11-35-46-am.png
    05-04-21-11-35-59-am.png

Random screenshots: (6 photos)
    05-04-21-11-26-34-am.png
    05-04-21-11-26-40-am.png
    05-04-21-11-27-39-am.png
    05-04-21-11-27-56-am.png
    05-04-21-11-31-06-am.png
    05-04-21-11-35-13-am.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    That’s so cute @icanhassims and pastel and spring and stuff
    Thank you @JojoMOMSTER! <3
  • QueenV815QueenV815 Posts: 163 Member
    @AlJay I am so sad, I did the BB18 blueprint and pretty much finished it up (minus landscaping), but life and family emergencies got in the way so I was not able to take pictures before the deadline! :disappointed:
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Kitschy Keen is a lovely family home! @icanhassims :) Very nice exterior design, homely wood texture, and very pretty flowerbeds! The floral wreath is a nice welcoming touch over the front door. The backyard pool, and outdoors dining and bbq patio are very nice! The colorful spinning flowers and butterflies are pretty on the lot edges! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The pastel colours are lovely! Very nice warm and restful wood textured flooring. Sims will have fun playing chess,and enjoy sitting on the sofas near the fireplace watching tv. The kitchen looks very nice and homely!. Very nice bar stool counter with pretty flowers on the counter. The bedroom designs are lovely! Very nice wood textured furniture through the home.
    It is a very nice and pretty homely home for a family :)
    Your house looks beautiful @icanhassims :)
    That's too bad @QueenV815 Don't worry about the deadline <3 Please still upload it to the gallery. I would love to see your house! Just be sure to hashtag AlJay2000 as I don't always check past builds.
    Thank you so much @rosemow and @AlJay!! <3
    Thank you @luckyheather! <3<3<3
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Thank you @AlJay . I think you might have forgotten one contestant in your summary. :)
    Oh no!!! You are so right @Auroraskies Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention. @83bienchen my deepest apologies :( I have added my comments about your build to the summary :)
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    There are a lot of builds entered, so I think it could easily happen. Thank you for the blue print, it was a very good choice.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Thanks. I had actually silently wondered what made my build being ineligible to be mentioned.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    @83bienchen never overthink things with me and feel free to call me out ;) I always have good intentions, but I tend to be a little scatterbrained and therefore will miss things or offend people (I'm really good at that one unfortunately :# )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top