Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next occult coming up...?

Comments

• Options
    DemongradDemongrad Posts: 44 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    Demongrad wrote: »
    I want a cult GP :D

Haha we got strangerville and the cult of the Mother.

It's not evil enough >:) though I pretty liked the dark wibes of Strangerville, even if it's not a very popular pack in the community
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    I want a cult GP :D

Haha we got strangerville and the cult of the Mother.

It's not evil enough >:) though I pretty liked the dark wibes of Strangerville, even if it's not a very popular pack in the community

I love Strangerville. I agree that there should be a higher poyential for evil doing in the sims- very useful for storytelling.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I love Strangerville. When it first came out, my initial reaction was how come this wasn't in Get To Work. Also, I love my sims killing the Motherplant & controlling her. lol :D
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I hope we get werewolves like witches and vampires. Their own dedicated game pack.
    I would like to see fairies in the future as well but I don't want werewolves to share a game pack with them because it will 99% make both of them underdeveloped and we would all be disappointed.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I want werewolves. With maybe a woods or forest world. It can have caves where the wolves live with a option to build a human home underneath. I can see it now. The cubs can be human or cub when in the home/ cave. But when they go out into the world they can only go in the form an adult is in. There with mom and she's human so there human. Mom changes to wolf and suddenly the kids are wolves. Until they reach a certain age or level of knowledge. Please, please be a great pack like vampires. and if you really want to make us happy give us more for mermaids and aliens etc. And maybe they can do a survey to see if we want a pack of improvements thrown in every once in a while. A new pack then improved mermaids, a couple more packs and improved aliens. Etc.
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    My two big wants are Genies and Werewolves.

Genies were fleshed out really well in TS3 and I think they have a lot of potential - I’d love to see them have an alternate form where they have a wispy lower body, or float on a cloud or something. I think it’d be so cool if we could get magic lamps that you can go into and decorate like a very small portable lot.

Werewolves in TS3 were really good too - I can’t wait for them 😁

Never gonna happen but I’d be so hyped if we got Succubi/Incubi that can drain Sims’ by woohooing or kissing etc. For example if they use a special kiss interaction on a spellcaster they can temporarily(?) steal their powers.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    I think its going to be fairies just because the stuff in the new pack lol those doorways and hidey holes the rabbits go through are a lot like things we have in forests around here where people find holes in trees and put a tiny doorway in it and call them fairy houses.

Just google "fairy door tree" and you'll see what i mean lol

the extra tree you get if you order early *really* gives me those vibes and the gnome statue next to it really accentuated the fairy door/fairy garden vibe to me.

Also the fact that its a very english feeling pack and the fairy obsession here is also born from our english heritage increases my sense that its fairies lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    edited June 2021
    Paralee wrote: »
    the extra tree you get if you order early *really* gives me those vibes and the gnome statue next to it really accentuated the fairy door/fairy garden vibe to me.
    Yes!! I would LOVE werewolves, but everything has been giving me f a i r y v i b e s lately.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    my guess is the next occult will be either fairies or werewolves but who knows
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I hope we will have an occult pack soon. CoL is great but I am still longing for some occult stuff.
  • Options
    I still so much want Fairies & Wolfies in Sims 4. My Sims 3 just doesn't do it for me anymore.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    If they release a fairies pack they wont have to add two worlds like in realm of magic ( glimmerbrook and realm). Henford-on-bagley seems like a pretty good starting point for a fairy.
  • Options
    I agree, Henford would be a perfect place for Fairy sims to live in.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    My guess is there is no more occults coming. I'm lowering my expectations for TS4.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited August 2021
    Werewolves are international Occults, you have werewolves in ancient Greece, werewolves in Victorian London, Werewolves in Ireland and French werewolves lurking up here in modern Canada, where as fairies on the otherhand are more tied to the celtic regions of Europe like Ireland or Scotland.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Werewolves are international Occults, you have werewolves in ancient Greece, werewolves in Victorian London, Werewolves in Ireland and French werewolves lurking up here in modern Canada, where as fairies on the otherhand are more tied to the celtic regions of Europe like Ireland or Scotland.

While it's true that while "classic" seelie/unseelie fae are Celtic, there are similar "nature spirits that may or may not be helpful to humans depending upon their whim/some esoteric system of mores that doesn't mesh with the local human culture" across the world.

Alfar/dokalfar, Youkai, Menehune, Domovoy, (I'm sure I'm slaughtering the spelling on some of these)

And the Tinkerbell model Pixies that most people think of when they think Fairy are a Victorian creation.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Did you hear the news? In the livestream, they mentioned the community desire for occults and said that werewolves, fairies, and zombies may be coming!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,383 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Did you hear the news? In the livestream, they mentioned the community desire for occults and said that werewolves, fairies, and zombies may be coming!

I think it's a given that those occults will be in the game at some point, it's just a matter of time.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2021
    That they may be coming isn't actually news though, isn't it. We always knew more occults may be coming. I was a little irritated that they mentioned zombies. Unlike faries and werewolves, I didn't hear many people ask for those.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited August 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    That they may be coming isn't actually news though, isn't it. We always new more occults may be coming. I was a little irritated that they mentioned zombies. Unlike faries and werewolves, I didn't hear many people ask for those.

I don't mind Zombies, it might be cool to have for a necromancer household, plus undead are the cheapest form of labor, you could use zombies and skeletons to help around the farm, plus if you can hybridized a zombie/skeleton and a spellcaster you'll end up which a Lich aka the ultimate necromancer and one of the few undead that's on par with Vampires powerwise, since they're undead wizards/witches they're in a state of decay.

c2be70352fd9dcd3e57c328129dd71b8.jpg
    Post edited by temporalgod on
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I can't pretend I was thrilled to hear Zombies, as the post-Romero Ghoul type of Zombie is probably my least favorite undead critter. Hopefully the CAS/BB/Secondary systems will likewise not be to my taste, so I can give them a pass when they arrive. Or they put enough of a twist/use some other source so that they're not Ghoul Zombies. Or both.

Happy for those who do want them, though. Enjoy in ... good... health...?
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    My guess is there is no more occults coming. I'm lowering my expectations for TS4.

You shouldn't have commented on this thread, then.. smh
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I want fairies and other occults more than zombies or werewolves. I actually rarely play with occults but I hope to change that. If a fairies pack came out I think I will genuinely enjoy playing with them. I hope it ties in well with realm of magic and maybe be executed better.

I don't know what it is but when I played with rom I didn't feel like it was much fun. Maybe cause my sims didn't have jobs (It was hard to imagine a good job that would make sense for spellcasters). But it seemed easy to learn all the spells and idk it just didn't feel fulfilling I guess.

I haven't played with vampires yet but maybe it is way more fun and satisfying. I still feel that I'm not sure what job makes sense for occult sims. Maybe for vampires a bartender or some sort of night job would make sense but there isn't any jobs like that.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I definitely would’ve preferred genies over zombies but I can work with zombies, I guess. I’m just relieved werewolves and fairies were mentioned which I’m happy about! I might actually be able to finish my supernatural story!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    That they may be coming isn't actually news though, isn't it. We always knew more occults may be coming. I was a little irritated that they mentioned zombies. Unlike faries and werewolves, I didn't hear many people ask for those.

Same here. I am really hoping for werewolves and fairies to return. Even genies would be a welcome addition. But zombies? Genies and real plantsims are definitely mentioned more than zombies. I don't like the idea of zombies. I hope if they ever come, they get their own pack so I can easily avoid them. Let's just say I enjoy the living supernatural beings, not the undead.