Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of being babysit by a game.

Comments

• JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    Who even complained about this? I am very active in the Sims community yet I never saw anyone complain about this feature? I have seen people complain about other stuff that was never changed though.

@logion You hit the nail on the head.
    logion wrote: »
    People on twitter started complaining and got a response from the sims twitter, soon after that sims news sites and youtubers started making videos blowing the whole thing way out of proportion.
    To me it honestly feels like these people are just chasing drama at this point and I'm getting pretty tired of it. The sims team should just have changed the patch notes and that's it.

The written 411 Recap on April 29th listed and detailed what personality traits were updated in the last patch. Up until that point, we did not know. Too much information/communication--you tell me. When I read it on April 29th, I thought nothing of it--certainly didn't think it had anything to do with consent considering all the various ways a Sim can become dazed.

Molly who is also an EA Game Changer also known as storylegacysims who recently designed two outfits (Toddler top and pants) in the Sims. According to her, she's been playing the game for 11 years. On April 30th, Molly put this on her twitter account which kicked things off.

So, of course the Sims team wanted to avert a PR nightmare and squash the issue before it ignited. Hence, the Sims teams responded the next day on May 1st with the following:

Ofcourse it had to be a Karen.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The Sims 4 is becoming a castrated version of life at this point.

I was actually replying to the part you edited out, by saying "Hey, don't get them any ideas" :smiley::p

@Ellupelluellu Haha yeah I thought I might give them ideas for more "politically incorrect" stuff to cut out so I erased it just in case. :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    As a game-changer shouldn't she have mentioned it quietly to EA/Maxis? It makes a nonsense of EA using them to try out games for them and find out problems. I thought that was what they were for.
    That was a problem that could be sorted if reported but she chose to show it to all and sundry who hadn't come across it at all yet.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    And I've a idea of a scientist inventing and selling simrays to evil sims.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited May 2021
    The Sims 4 is becoming a castrated version of life at this point.

I was actually replying to the part you edited out, by saying "Hey, don't get them any ideas" :smiley::p

@Ellupelluellu Haha yeah I thought I might give them ideas for more "politically incorrect" stuff to cut out so I erased it just in case. :lol:

Illegal abduction by aliens next! No abduction of adult male Sims leading to alien babies and all that...............

Instead of Star wars stuff we should have had a game pack of fighting such aliens off our males! :oB)
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    And I've a idea of a scientist inventing and selling simrays to evil sims.

I'm gonna ask for simrays to be nerfed.

I once had a very disturbing dream of being frozen in a block of ice, and the thought of using a simray in game really triggers me.

*sarcasm* in case of doubt
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    What they should do is make different modes. One where nothing bad ever happens to your sims. One where sims can die and some bad things can happen like normal life. And one mode where life can be chaotic within the game's rating.

I don’t want to play a sims game with modes. I will agree for a on and off switch for interactions!
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    It's stuff like this that makes me take loooong breaks from the game - waiting for Paralives to drop, then I can forget about Sims 4 and most likely Sims forever. It makes me sad what happened to the Sims franchise tbh. It's so much I love about it, but I'm just wasting money and time and hope on it at this point, sorry to say. I'm supporting paralives now and it looks very promising so far and exactly the kind of simulation game I want. The direct line of communication to the devs is the icing on the cake and very much the indie approach which I love. Still will take a while before the game comes out, but at least I know that I'll have some simulation game to play once all hope for sims is gone.

In essence, Sims 4 is just hurting itself with limiting any kind of gameplay and not letting players decide how they want to play instead of sanitizing everything. I'll NEVER understand why the devs don't just give us more setting options and toggles for things instead of nerfing or removing. Just give the over sensitive players a sanitized player mode and leave us adults alone. For crying out loud.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Hey just so you all know tomorrow we can make our voices heard here on the forum - so show up and speak up
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    At 6am...I'm gonna be so tired. 😪
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Hey just so you all know tomorrow we can make our voices heard here on the forum - so show up and speak up
    Dang, Sims team getting roasted in the comments.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

And they'll all be on the forum tomorrow. Should be fun. 😄
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member

It will be fun to have a new audience for my dragon posting. By the end of the day, their hearts will be lit up by Torch.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Ugh, this is one of the reasons why I hate TS4 so much. I don't hate TS4 simmers though and it just pains me to see what BS they have to put up with to play the game for the money they've put into it.

This forum is a good place to rant but you all have to remember that most devs don't really read our posts or talk to us here - you would have to go to Twitter to make your voices heard and make an impact. So please make that concerted effort!

The cancel group has been successful because they make their voices heard where it counts - on Twitter, so you guys need to do the same. The Sims 4 devs so far only know about their desires for the game so of course, the devs will make the changes for them. If you all want them to consider your desires as well, you have to make an organized, relentless effort as the the cancel group does.

In this way, the devs won't nerf or remove a feature you want, but just add a toggle for it. That way, everyone can play the game any way they want.

Sorry can’t highlight on my phone but there is a toggle in cas to turn off getting pregnant or getting others pregnant with no cheats needed. This is what is so frustrating with all of this. There is a toggle and it seems people aren’t aware or using it if they were it it shouldn’t be a issue. I’m at the point of nearly screaming this at the idiots on Twitter just turn off having kids in cas and it’s not an issue. They are creating one when it’s just a poorly worded patch note for this trait. Not having a go at you as your post is valid and I agree I’m just venting my frustrations.
  • marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2021
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Since Twitter is the breeding ground for drama, the SimGurus shouldn't have made Twitter accounts on there. Social media in general can be toxic. What else will someone find offensive in the game? Male-identifying Sims having more muscle mass than female-identifying Sims? Mean or mischief interactions? Love potions or that love spell in Realm of Magic? Untamed and Mischief spells?
    You see, I think it's fine when the people taking care of the game have public accounts they can be reached at, but I also agree that they should keep their distance from any sort of drama as it puts them on the spot, and sort of forces them to act.
    It's good to have a way to connect with who createad something you enjoy, it's bad when it gets used from the players with "power" to dictate how something should be/go, as they tend to have fairly big followings that are going to mindlessly agree to please them. Being part of the program should come with benefits, but it shouldn't mean you can publicly shame the company for something that offended you personally. It should have been handled privately.

Btw, what happened with the Snowy Escape expansion? I missed that. ): If you feel like catching me up, of course, otherwise I can see if I find informations. I wasn't around when it got released.

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member

Lots of popcorn ready :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    It's stuff like this that makes me take loooong breaks from the game - waiting for Paralives to drop, then I can forget about Sims 4 and most likely Sims forever. It makes me sad what happened to the Sims franchise tbh. It's so much I love about it, but I'm just wasting money and time and hope on it at this point, sorry to say. I'm supporting paralives now and it looks very promising so far and exactly the kind of simulation game I want. The direct line of communication to the devs is the icing on the cake and very much the indie approach which I love. Still will take a while before the game comes out, but at least I know that I'll have some simulation game to play once all hope for sims is gone.

In essence, Sims 4 is just hurting itself with limiting any kind of gameplay and not letting players decide how they want to play instead of sanitizing everything. I'll NEVER understand why the devs don't just give us more setting options and toggles for things instead of nerfing or removing. Just give the over sensitive players a sanitized player mode and leave us adults alone. For crying out loud.

Just Wait until people start playing Paralives and complain because they are "Offended" by the depth of the game. The Sims 4 is trying to add depth now like in the trait reworks but people seem to be offended by this addition. Oh and still bitter when the jelousy rework in October 2015 got nerfed after a month because a lot of them got offended even if they can just turn the autonomy off
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top