Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of being babysit by a game.

Comments

• verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have found even those with hates children are often very good parents
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited May 2021
    Nevmind. 🙃
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Constant complaints by players have consequences You think others complaints aren't valid but yours are. They think the same. EA makes decisions based on what seems most decent, moral, and ethical. If you are not happy, complain some more. So will those who disagree with you. Never ending conflict is stupid. Just because you cannot play out your most misanthropic fantasies in game is not EAs problem. Find a game where you can and leave the rest of us to play Sims.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2021
    If you are not happy, complain some more. So will those who disagree with you. Never ending conflict is stupid. Just because you cannot play out your most misanthropic fantasies in game is not EAs problem.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. "Don't bother complaining, because other people will disagree with you. To avoid conflict, just shut up or move on?" People complain because they want the game to do better - and I think it's valuable to listen to both sides of the argument.
    Find a game where you can and leave the rest of us to play Sims.
    I mean, we can't really do that. The Sims is the only real life simulator right now.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited May 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    Find a game where you can and leave the rest of us to play Sims.
    I mean, we can't really do that. The Sims is the only real life simulator right now.

and yet i would gladly do that if i just had ts2 and 1 on origin cause at least then we got some uuh dragons roasting your house to ground and nice juicy relationship drama

but it will never happen also because of these same people would probably flip real hard realizing those games are not toddler playhouse simulators and take their pitchforks and torches(wrong torch) to ea
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    In sims 2 child interactions were removed from sims 4 like marco polo,cops and robbers and mary mak
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    In sims 2 child interactions were removed from sims 4 like marco polo,cops and robbers and mary mak

That was just them being too lazy to animate anything for children.
    sims 4 was going too be online till sim city online backfired so they rushed sims 4 out too remove the online part so they did not add everything in at launch that was in sims 2 and sims 3 base game.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    sims 4 was going too be online till sim city online backfired so they rushed sims 4 out too remove the online part so they did not add everything in at launch that was in sims 2 and sims 3 base game.

aaand probably killed off quite many gameplay ideas to toddlerify the game to be online multiplayer friendly.

sadly some players still seem to subconciously think its an online multiplayer game where things that other players do affect their game

and hence for anyone not into utopia they've suffered many gameplay losses and will continue to suffer them due to constant nerfs to this and that

like heck if i want werewolf pack where werewolves are not cute puppies can it even happen if they made one

and someone on twitter 2 days later goes " this scares me please delete it" and ea just goes " yes sir we heard everyone in the world hates this pack! we deleted werewolves and made cheerful furries! we will continue to improve! sorry you had to see that!"
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    I like conflict in the game! That’s what I bought the game for so, don’t want to change the conflict. I just need more added. It’s a Simulator of human life. Need more simulation! The new added trait options was a great start. But just a start!
    every occult or sims interactions should be allowed too be switched off so those who brought the packs just for items do not complain that they have vampires and spellcasters or mermaids and aliens in the game
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    every occult or sims interactions should be allowed too be switched off so those who brought the packs just for items do not complain that they have vampires and spellcasters or mermaids and aliens in the game

Yeah, vampires are so nerfed I don't see them doing anything vampiric. Alien abductions don't exist unless sim is scientist or alien.
    edited May 2021
    in sims 2 your sim would take a risk if they used the telescope at night. And if during the day get fought for spying on neighbors. I miss the newspapers you would get for free in sims 2 and sims 3. and i don't believe it can't be done you can turn off what weather you don't want in seasons.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    edited May 2021
    The Sims 4 is becoming a castrated version of life at this point.

I was actually replying to the part you edited out, by saying "Hey, don't get them any ideas" :smiley::p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    What they should do is make different modes. One where nothing bad ever happens to your sims. One where sims can die and some bad things can happen like normal life. And one mode where life can be chaotic within the game's rating.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Just made me think NAPs does have a free love option in Eco Lifestyle, so I hope that NAPs are left alone.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    That nap ok if you don't mind divorces happening to your sims.
    With how low the area of effect jealousy is in the game, I doubt a Sim will notice if they are being cheated on or not.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    With how low the area of effect jealousy is in the game, I doubt a Sim will notice if they are being cheated on or not.
    Oh I don't know about that Scobre. My sim's wife Cat had Bella Goth over for visit one day. And Bella hitted on my sim while Cat was standing right there next my sim and Bella. Cat was furious with Bella flirting with my sim. Bella Goth was so embarrassed with what she had done that she had bolted right out the front door without saying goodbye or even I have to be going. Bella just bolted out that door. I have never seen a sim move so fast like Bella Goth did that day.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Oh I don't know about that Scobre. My sim's wife Cat had Bella Goth over for visit one day. And Bella hitted on my sim while Cat was standing right there next my sim and Bella. Cat was furious with Bella flirting with my sim. Bella Goth was so embarrassed with what she had done that she had bolted right out the front door without saying goodbye or even I have to be going. Bella just bolted out that door. I have never seen a sim move so fast like Bella Goth did that day.
    That is neat it works well with the pets at least.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2021
    sunman502 wrote: »
    That is neat it works well with the pets at least.
    I imagine that it works well with any of the packs. Although I haven't had any sim do that in my game for quite some time now. So I don't know if that's still working or not at this time.
    ETA: Bella Goth moving so fast was something to see alright. I mean she just high-tailed it right out that front door as if Temperance was chasing after her. Of course Temperance wasn't because this happened years ago, long before we got Paranormal.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »

Yeah, vampires are so nerfed I don't see them doing anything vampiric. Alien abductions don't exist unless sim is scientist or alien.

I don’t know. I have one sim that a vampire likes and tries to come feed of at night..... and it’s not vlad. I just keep the door locked if I don’t want it to happen. I do remember my sims not being able to get out of a night club once because the vampire was keeping them in there I guess..... I never did understand the point of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top