Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[old] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Apr./May 2021 Patches

Comments

• maglev666maglev666 Posts: 72 Member
    iZggAfh.png

My top right buttons are broken. I spent ages yesterday doing 50/50, eventually I found the broken mod, replaced it with an update and it was working fine. Today its broken again * cries *

edit: nvm I figured it out XD

p.s. thank you OP for this super helpful post!

So which mod was causing it for you? May help others to know.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @SoulToSqueeze I didn't include that here because it wasn't broken in any way. If you want complete mod update news, join Discord :)
    @Roomouse Same for the updated Srsly mods. They weren't patch-related or broken, just coincidentally timed.

Mod Updates
    Wonderful Whims (TURBO)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Mod Updates
    Hates Children Tweaks (Zuperbuu)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited May 2021
    Updated Mods
    Socialization is Fun! (PolarBearSims)
    Developer/Debug Access Panel (TheTwelfthDoctor)

Reported Fine by Creator
    PolarBearSims — Vampire Death & More Mod, Autonomous Vampires, Risky Woohoo & Try For Baby Chances, Praise Vet Employee All You Want!
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    If I understand well you have to be a patreon member to have access to the thick wall mod?

Patreon is a little finicky, I logged in and opened the post for you. Can you access it through this?

I'm not a Patreon member and your link worked perfectly :-) Thank you - lol
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • BFIrreraBFIrrera Posts: 38 Member
    > @maglev666 said:
    > So which mod was causing it for you? May help others to know.

That looks like the issue I was having with Better Build Buy before it was updated.
  • maglev666maglev666 Posts: 72 Member
    BFIrrera wrote: »
    > @maglev666 said:

That looks like the issue I was having with Better Build Buy before it was updated.

Dang, I don't have that one either. Guess it is time for a 50/50
    edited May 2021
    Mod Updates
    CC Updates
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • PolarBearSims — NO! Think About Family Member~Parenthood, No! Practice Singing!, No! Laundry Piles, Moody Laundry Piles Mod, NO! Cry it Out!, No! Clean Up Pet Toys, NO! Change into Bear Costume~Parenthood, NO! Ask for Advice~Parenthood, No! Sleep after Woohoo!, Instant Morning Sickness
    • Scumbumbo team — Don't Prep Food Where You Angry Poop, Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop, Faster Gardening Mod, Keep Books After Publishing, Paint from Reference Anywhere, Set Filters on Paintings by Reference, Smarter Autonomous Meal Sizes, Smarter Baby Care, Working Alarm Clocks, Working Medicine Cabinets, Molding Clay Builds Creativity, Bugfixes - It's a Crying Shame, Violin and Guitar Bugfixes, Always Keep a Doctor at the Hospital, Sims Log Enabler, Tuning Error Notifier
    edited May 2021
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • PolarBearSims — Inappropriate To Marry FIX, Vet-Hire Who Ever!, Restaurant~Hire Who Ever!, Retail~Hire Who Ever!, Global Gender Preference, Ghosts Can Have Babies!, Breastfeed Toddlers!, Birthday Anytime!, Autonomous Weddings!, Autonomous First Kiss! (but has an optional update )

Mod Updates
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    edited May 2021
    maglev666 wrote: »
    BFIrrera wrote: »
    > @maglev666 said:

Dang, I don't have that one either. Guess it is time for a 50/50

@maglev666 I had the same problem.

I updated BetterBuildBuy, UI Cheats Extension and a couple NSFW mods and that issue was fixed for me.
  • dylan8311dylan8311 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have gone into the game today (first time since updating) I appear to have no toddler or children's faces, just the scary teeth. Does anyone know what would cause this please?
    dylan8311 wrote: »
    I have gone into the game today (first time since updating) I appear to have no toddler or children's faces, just the scary teeth. Does anyone know what would cause this please?

That sounds like broken skin, hair, or slider. I strongly advise doing a 50-50 starting with that kind of content.
  • Heabob1954Heabob1954 Posts: 10 New Member
    Those using updated MCCC don't go visit the Von Haunt Estate the ghosts Mimsy and Bernard become human. MCCC removed no problem. No Discord so I can't report the issue.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member

I
    Heabob1954 wrote: »
    Those using updated MCCC don't go visit the Von Haunt Estate the ghosts Mimsy and Bernard become human. MCCC removed no problem. No Discord so I can't report the issue.

I went there with mcc installed and they are still ghosts so test with the mod folder out and delete the caches too. I can get a screenshot if want.-
    > @bandit5 said:
    > I
    >
    > I went there with mcc installed and they are still ghosts so test with the mod folder out and delete the caches too. I can get a screenshot if want.-

Thanks for the feed back, it must be a mod conflict with MCCC then, I also get LE's trying to quit school for Teens and the cheat is enabled.
  • BatDoodBatDood Posts: 11 New Member
    > @bandit5 said:
    > I
    >
    > I went there with mcc installed and they are still ghosts so test with the mod folder out and delete the caches too. I can get a screenshot if want.-

I have a screenshot as well (Not sure how to post them). Bernard is not a ghost. Nothing but MCCC in my mods folder. Caches have been cleared. if I remove MCCC, the issue is gone.
    To add further...the only thing that I can think of is that there must be a certain combination of settings that's triggering this bug. As I mentioned - I have nothing but MCCC installed (with my current config file ) and I have they are not ghosts. Remove MCCC and everything is fine.
    > @Heabob1954 said:
    > > @bandit5 said:
    > > I
    > >
    > > I went there with mcc installed and they are still ghosts so test with the mod folder out and delete the caches too. I can get a screenshot if want.-
    >
    > Thanks for the feed back, it must be a mod conflict with MCCC then, I also get LE's trying to quit school for Teens and the cheat is enabled.

Cleared Cache and all mods removed except MCCC 8.1.1 and loaded an older save and Bernard showed up as a human at the easel.
    Took screenshot but no idea how to upload here and another user in another forum has the same issue with same test.
    i have the paid in testing mcc so it may be just with old one that is free that is causing the issue
    > @bandit5 said:
    > i have the paid in testing mcc so it may be just with old one that is free that is causing the issue

So you're saying that you're not using the 8.1.1 version that was released to the public when the updates went out?
    no i use the one you pay 3.00 a month for too get pre release new versions of it. My sims also won't wash dishes in the sinks i have too find out what cause it or would have too put dishwashers in every lot and apartments
    > @Heabob1954 said:
    > > @Heabob1954 said:
    > > > @bandit5 said:
    > > > I
    > > >
    > > > I went there with mcc installed and they are still ghosts so test with the mod folder out and delete the caches too. I can get a screenshot if want.-
    > >
    > > Thanks for the feed back, it must be a mod conflict with MCCC then, I also get LE's trying to quit school for Teens and the cheat is enabled.
    >
    > Cleared Cache and all mods removed except MCCC 8.1.1 and loaded an older save and Bernard showed up as a human at the easel.
    > Took screenshot but no idea how to upload here and another user in another forum has the same issue with same test.

The issue is with my mc_settings.cfg file, removed it, saved, and let MCCC create a new one with defaults and it's working properly so far.
    Changing settings a few at a time trying to pin it down.
    > The issue is with my mc_settings.cfg file, removed it, saved, and let MCCC create a new one with defaults and it's working properly so far.
    > Changing settings a few at a time trying to pin it down.

That goes back to what I had mentioned previously. There must be a certain combination of MCCC settings that's triggering this. Something that the latest update broke. It used to work fine before the update. It doesn't anymore.
    > @BatDood said:
    > > The issue is with my mc_settings.cfg file, removed it, saved, and let MCCC create a new one with defaults and it's working properly so far.
    > > Changing settings a few at a time trying to pin it down.
    >
    > That goes back to what I had mentioned previously. There must be a certain combination of MCCC settings that's triggering this. Something that the latest update broke. It used to work fine before the update. It doesn't anymore.

Even using the default settings ghosts won't spawn at the Von Haunt Estate when spending the night.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top