Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Here from the old sims2.ea.com?

Comments

• simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    WeirdAlien wrote: »
    I remember that site, I was there. I miss it and wish it was still running, although I know there is no support for it, sadly..

I wish it was still running too. It was nice to be able to easily upload the sims, lots, and stories we made to the site kind of like the gallery we have for the sims 4 now.
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited April 2020
    Me! I think it was 2005 I joined. Loved that forum. Can't believe I forgot about the "benes" system haha So thankful for all the cc, mods and help with Securom, boy was that a debacle!!!
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Oh, I loved that site. I remember being sad when it closed.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Oh you guys I was only 6 years old at that time. :joy: However I was already playing Bustin Out and TS2 on PS2. One day I had to lie to a vendor to let me buy a Sims game haha.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Me! I think it was 2005 I joined. Loved that forum. Can't believe I forgot about the "benes" system haha So thankful for all the cc, mods and help with Securom, boy was that a debacle!!!

OMG! I forgot about benes too! hahah I loved that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I was a member back then on that site. I remember that the excitement for expansions was way bigger than it seem to be now.
    The website itself was so cosy in its design.
    Yikes..... the years fly by!
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    I was a member too but mostly just lurking. It's been a while - where does all the time go...
  • SherriSherri Posts: 1 New Member
    I remember going the and registering my games codes there, i think. i wrote the codes down, but now don't have the games.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I used to post on the Sims 2 forums quite a lot. My username was something like SharonQ29.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    I've had the same username the whole time, I just transferred it over each time. I'm not sure why I chose to use that one though since I've used LadyGray01 for literally everything else online since middle school.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Yes, i remember it. it was about 2008 when i joined, but it was so much fun! i loved the custom content even still have some on a memory stick. Now i have all the EPs/SPs and it would have been so much fun to actually be able to upload something. But atlas, sometimes things just end. i was Sunflowergal22 but then i got a separate email for Sims 3, so it stuck as Sunflowergal227.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Yes, I remember. :mrgreen:
    It was my first gaming site. I was very quiet at the beginning. I remember when pinstar1161 started the Legacy Challenge and when SmokerCat went from the top to the bottom and when Securom hit the game. Good times and bad times. :mrgreen:

Ew, Securom! That was a scary one- I never did notice my games not being able to reinstall (I believe that was what it was, where you could only install the game from the CD 3 times or something?). I have reinstalled the sims 2 games numerous times with no problem. My username was sims2ultralover5 on there and I liked taking requests making sims. I also made a bunch of "Abbey Dawn" clothes for teen and adult females from Avril Lavigne's clothing line.

I was there also, I was with a group that used SC4s I created and built the houses and community lots for. It was fun being involved. I made a lot of wall coverings, floorings and skintones. My name on the Sims2 website was ScholarLady.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    edited March 2021
    I joined the sims 2.com when I was 15 I forget the exact year... I wish we still had it I miss the CC and the stories. (I wish it was still around)

I was DevSims15 and yes I could never come up with snappy names.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There were a couple of huge threads where everyone could gripe about a Sim and how stupid they can be. lol Something like Stupid stuff your Sim does, and or Stuff that drives you crazy thread or something. They were huge and everyone had a good time pointing out stuff that drove us crazy about a Sim's AI.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    My username over there was Rhian2005 and it has translated into my 30yo life :D I was 14 when I signed up to an online account there - the benes! I remember it being such a good community.
    I remember a user called LordTyzzer and he made the absolute BEST stories.
    I remember I would be so excited to get on there and read a new installment of anything that he posted, because you could use the in game photo album feature to post stories! Ah, those were the days - currently feeling like an elder sim.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The stories section was the most fun for me, so visited it frequently. That's one of the big plusses of the photo album, the ease of making and then posting - if so inclined - coherent stories of what was going on with your sims. There were video stories as well, and a lot of them were really well done. Some were short, some long, but all were fun and very creative. My second favorite part of the site was where they had the links to all the mod/cc/fan sites. That made it really easy to find places to get stuff, and I'm using nearly all of it to this day.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    I still remember my favorite build, I think it was called Stinky Pete's. And my favorite story involved zombie teens who moved into The House of Fallen Trees.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Yesss.. I REALLY miss going there to read stories. It was so convenient for my fav stories. I still re-read some Sims 2 apocalypse stories
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I miss the old Sims 2 site. I loved the community that was there. That was so helpful at the time and I just remember posting what I did in my game, etc. I was sad when it was shut down. I wonder if they would ever bring an updated version of it back specifically for Sims 2 seeing just how many people still play this game, 18 years later.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Ah, I remember creating a user there. I was young, so I don't remember much. One of the things I remember is that the profile picture was created with sliders and it could be a sim, a cat, or a dog. People shared their picture albums, some were stories, some tutorials.
    And I remember that each expansion and stuff pack the user owned wasn't represented with a icon that's on the desktop, but with some icon in-game with a plumbob (if I remember that part correctly). I remember that Apartment Life was represented with a helicopter icon and University was represented with the memory icon of "Became Big Man/Woman on Campus" memory.
    An interesting experience for sure.

And The Sims 2 Store is an ancient memory for me...
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I started with Sims 2 not long after it's first release and was immediately hooked on the game! I love it to this day and sometimes still play it. My daughter doesn't play any other Sims except 2 to this day. It was my first venture into gaming and neither my daughter or myself knew the Sims 2 site existed. Wish I had known as I think both of us would have really enjoyed it!
  • makinmagic58makinmagic58 Posts: 342 Member
    Ahhh, yes. Good times on the old BBS! "Benes" just took me way back. The social ranks were fun too -- I think I made it to "Loquacious Lurker."

I can still recall the thrill of seeing replies to my threads show up in my email inbox. It was my first forum, and I was probably a bit too young to have signed up for it... haha! Same username as TS3 site/here.
  • NnightwingNnightwing Posts: 6 New Member
    Ive been playing the sims since 2008 so i remember the site and going on it alot to read stories and get cute houses and sims
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The thing that really made the site special, at least for me, is that it was our site. Yes, EA hosted it and had a presence, but it was in the hands of the players for the most part. We posted to the forums, put up pictures, videos, and stories. We were the ones who shared the links to fan sites and places for CC. As soon as you got there you were home, a fun place to be, not just a tab EA allowed us to have.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yes, I don't have the same name as my profile from back then
    I really do miss it, because I got a lot of good downloads from the site, and haven't been able to find the downloads again.
    I also miss reading the stories people posted as well.
    This site is nice, but it's not the same.
    Also my avatar was a black cant with a green background.