Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

With which lifespan you play in Sims 3?

I have been playing in normal lifespan but i'm feeling it's too short. There's so much to do...
What about you? With which lifespan you play in Sims 3?

With which lifespan you play in Sims 3? 51 votes

Short
0%
Medium
0%
Normal
23%
PlayerSinger2010PuddinroyMikezumiCogshelltexxx78Simmer2500KelvinHillyBethBrandontaylorskelebeeIVXXXVICoriandre 12 votes
Long
33%
Emily4331VexingQueryairotciv54SxcDannii202AsmodeusesWifekiara07JemliaPhoenixArrandekwohldmarstinsonBreazonaKevinL5275BooDaBoo5ThriorTeslachick2kadenceiscooolHanhan 17 votes
Epic
43%
jaletu2005GraceyManorCororonDarkLady2788lisasc360mw1525benson2006bekkasanilikethesims30Destin2016delicadoNikkei_SimmerOugonmusouSERVERFRAAuntborisrubyskywalkerSleepstarpinkrobinCalico45Vashonn 22 votes

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Normal
    I play a slightly modified normal lifespan and find it suits my style of playing well. I like to play generational saves and longer than normal means getting through the generations takes longer than my patience can tolerate. I have been using Nraas Relativity for years so couldn't say if normal would be long enough without to fulfill LTWs or keep motives high.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Epic
    CurrentGameLifespan_05-03-2021.png
    I haven't jacked up the baby and toddler age spans 3 and 7 days...since for me (after raising three babies to teen-age(in real life) trust me, getting up at 2AM or earlier in the morning for diaper changes is not fun, espeially when you are operating on minimal sleep and god help you if your baby ends up with colic.)...I pretty much have said "screw it" and automatically age sims babies up after three days.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Normal
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I play a slightly modified normal lifespan and find it suits my style of playing well. I like to play generational saves and longer than normal means getting through the generations takes longer than my patience can tolerate. I have been using Nraas Relativity for years so couldn't say if normal would be long enough without to fulfill LTWs or keep motives high.

That's what i'm trying rn. I have made child-elder lifestages a little bit longer from normal while keeping baby-toddler at the minimum. Anyway i still feel like i don't have enough time to spend with each sim.

I play my own wishacy (i've just learned that this is a challenge). It has been my playstyle for sims 3 since always. But i don't follow the whims of only my heir (as per the rules of the wishacy challenge). I follow the whims of all my sims.

I start with a sim, try to complete their promised whims and only move to the next when i have done everything i can in that moment to try to fullfill the 4 promised wishes. When i move to a new sim sometimes almost a day have passed... so if my sims have 21 days of young adult lifestage, i will actually only spend around half that time with each sim.

I really need more time but i may also get bored with a very long lifespan... I'm trying something in between normal and long.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    You forgot a selection - aging off! My sims don't age unless I want them to. Call me control freak. :)
    Normal
    CurrentGameLifespan_05-03-2021.png
    I haven't jacked up the baby and toddler age spans 3 and 7 days...since for me (after raising three babies to teen-age(in real life) trust me, getting up at 2AM or earlier in the morning for diaper changes is not fun, espeially when you are operating on minimal sleep and god help you if your baby ends up with colic.)...I pretty much have said "screw it" and automatically age sims babies up after three days.

Wow such a huge lifespan! Your sims must end their lives with a lot of skills completed...? Are you playing a legacy? These are huge generations!

I do the same with babies and toddlers. Child-teens have so much avenues they may pursue in their lives... babies-toddlers end up being very similar if you're playing legacies. So i just set them to the minimum, that is 2 days for each lifestage. In 4 days my kids are children :lol: This way i get to feel that my sims have a new baby but i don't get tired of playing it.
    Oh and I love the fact that babies and toddlers sleep in the same place. No need to change the setting in between the two lifestages :)
    Normal
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    You forgot a selection - aging off! My sims don't age unless I want them to. Call me control freak. :)

Yes i did forgot that one. And i just realized i forgot custom lifespans too 🤦‍♀️ :smile:

I'm the opposite of control freak. I may be called a let goer :lol: i always randomize traits (even when the game allows me to choose), i follow whims (so i never get to decide what my sims are going to do with their lives. At least not the important things) and i need to play with aging on so that it works like a timer (i would never be sure when to age a sim if i played with aging off :lol: )
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't know how to classify mine. Would this be Modified Epic or something else?

Baby: 9837
    Toddler: 1
    Child: 1
    Teen: 1
    YA: 1
    Adult: 3 (to account for pregnancies, of course)
    Elder: drum roll...wait for it...1

What can I say, I like babies. <3:)

Igazor, you're running out of material. You've done this nutty thing already, posed as a bogus challenge. :rage:

Yeah I know, but shhh! That was years ago and probably no one remembers it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Normal
    igazor wrote: »
    I don't know how to classify mine. Would this be Modified Epic or something else?

Baby: 9837
    Toddler: 1
    Child: 1
    Teen: 1
    YA: 1
    Adult: 3 (to account for pregnancies, of course)
    Elder: drum roll...wait for it...1

What can I say, I like babies. <3:)

Igazor, you're running out of material. You've done this nutty thing already, posed as a bogus challenge. :rage:

Yeah I know, but shhh! That was years ago and probably no one remembers it.

🤣🤣🤣 the parents will be dead before the poor baby ages up. Who's gonna take care of him? :lol:
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »

🤣🤣🤣 the parents will be dead before the poor baby ages up. Who's gonna take care of him? :lol:
    That's what they said years ago too, but no. Lifespans are a serving suggestion, not etched in stone. Why do you think we have things like Life Fruit, Soymilk, and Ambrosia? It's tricky to make things work that way, but not impossible. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Normal

That's what they said years ago too, but no. Lifespans are a serving suggestion, not etched in stone. Why do you think we have things like Life Fruit, Soymilk, and Ambrosia? It's tricky to make things work that way, but not impossible. :)

Ha! I always forget about ambrosia :) And i didn't know about the others 😲
    But you really play 9837 days with babies? Or am i'm being naif? :blush::lol:
    Er well, let's just say it would be good advice to not necessarily believe everything you read on the internet. o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Normal
    Er well, let's just say it would be good advice to not necessarily believe everything you read on the internet. o:)

Hahah
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Epic
    I know a lot of Simmers like to move those infants and toddlers right along, but I don't mind them being there a bit longer. My infants are set to seven (7) days, while my toddlers are set to 31.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    Epic
    Most of the time, I play Epic but sometimes I like to play Long. My Lifespans are:
    Baby 2
    Toddler 4
    Child 56
    Teen 120
    Young Adult 400
    Adult 300
    Elder 200

Most of my Sims' lives are in the Young Adult Stage as it allows them to have families and Careers, while the Adult Life Stage allows my Sims to complete their Lifetime Wishes and go on trips before they become Elders. When I do get Elders in my active family they usually spend days helping out or pursuring their interests. To me, Elders in The Sims 3 means "Spending as much time with family and friends".

There's some variations on the Lifespan above but that is the best estimate I have
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Normal
    I put them on normal but then turn of ageing altogether... so I suppose that makes their lifespan epically epic long? 🙃
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    Long
    Technically, I play on a modified Long (currently 2 baby /12 toddler/14 Child /14 Teen / 42 YA / 42 Adult / 28 Elder).

However, between frequent dabblings in the occult, life fruit/ambrosia, Young Again potions, Fountain of Youth elixirs, and eventually Age Freeze potions.. My sims only die when I arrange it, and it's never of old age.

Aging is something the rest of the town does around my immortal household.
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited May 2021
    Long
    (Oh hey, internet, why did you have to make me look like a goober and post that twice?)
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Long
    Long, with Infants and children getting shortened a bit.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Long
    Long. Tried to make the amount of time spent on certain life-stages somewhat "realistic" but probably just botched that up.
    I kinda keep twiddling with these settings all the time but this was the latest one.

vUzWhcQ.jpg
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    Epic
    I have set babies and toddlers to 2 days. When the sim gets to the toddler stage I cheat on the skills and then go playing another household until the sim becomes a child. I can't stand the noises toddlers make. :tongue:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Epic
    I like epic because it gives me along time to be young and accomplish stuff. I like to put babies on 3, toddlers on 14 days, and everything else on whatever it gives me with epic. Normal is just too short.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Epic
    Cororon wrote: »
    I have set babies and toddlers to 2 days. When the sim gets to the toddler stage I cheat on the skills and then go playing another household until the sim becomes a child. I can't stand the noises toddlers make. :tongue:

I hear ya, Cororon. When one has experienced raising babies and toddlers in real life...some of us, well, we'd just rather skip the whole thing...and shoot 'em straight to child-age. Though of course my kids well... the "dadadadada..." and the toothless smiles were cute when they were babies... my oldest now graduated and a young adult was adorable as a baby. He'd go "dadada..." stick out his tongue and grin. He's still the same cheeky bugger at 19. Sims 3 toddlers on the other hand are just annoying.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I've always played with aging off and I rarely age up my sims. My sims tend to stay the same age as when I created them. I only age up babies and sometimes toddlers.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I used to play with aging off and I would manually age up my sims when I wanted to but then I remembered that my sims friends/coworkers/etc. wouldn’t age either.

So I changed it to epic. :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Normal
    I have been playing in normal lifespan but i'm feeling it's too short. There's so much to do...
    What about you? With which lifespan you play in Sims 3?

I edit my lifespan. <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything