May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    Been chilling today! Getting ready for bed now!

    What's everyone else been up to?

    Baking cookies and getting upset with my meringue cookies cuz they became runny when I wanted to shape them into roses.
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 8,665 Member
    Consulted a lawyer; started voice lessons; gave a limping homeless guy a ride, some cash, and some handwarmers because the nights are still cold and he was walking interstate and sleeping in the open. Also made some vegan cupcakes with sugar-free frosting for a neighbor's birthday party, and taught someone the basics of how to knit.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Love and intolerance cannot coexist.
    on35zO3l.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    Consulted a lawyer; started voice lessons; gave a limping homeless guy a ride, some cash, and some handwarmers because the nights are still cold and he was walking interstate and sleeping in the open. Also made some vegan cupcakes with sugar-free frosting for a neighbor's birthday party, and taught someone the basics of how to knit.

    Wow, that's a lot!

    Right now, I'm obsessed with perfecting my meringue cookies so I'm looking up different styles of doing them and will keep on making them until I get them right.

    Why am I like this?
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,757 Member
    Consulted a lawyer; started voice lessons; gave a limping homeless guy a ride, some cash, and some handwarmers because the nights are still cold and he was walking interstate and sleeping in the open. Also made some vegan cupcakes with sugar-free frosting for a neighbor's birthday party, and taught someone the basics of how to knit.

    Dang. I haven’t done much. I started a Minecraft server with some people so that’s been fun. Trying to get back into writing. Not much.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,174 Member
    Trying to get a flat tire fixed on a car. Waiting for the day when I get my second dose of the Covid vaccine. Waiting on the day that I get my lawn tractor back from the repair place so I can mow my lawn, which is starting to look like a rain forest now. And playing Conan Exiles and a little bit of The Sims. These are some of the things that I have been up to lately.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you say during awkward silences?

    I think I just wait for someone to say something. 😬 Or I'll start to look at my phone or put on my earphones and listen to music.
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,174 Member
    What I say during awkward silence depends on the situation. I might say something or I might just walk away and say nothing at all.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 7,373 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you say during awkward silences?

    I think I just wait for someone to say something. 😬 Or I'll start to look at my phone or put on my earphones and listen to music.


    "So... ummm.... yeah... " :neutral:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    Me art.

    2b986bc8c64a42085ca1e28de3161385f30a7bbf.jpg
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,174 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you say during awkward silences?

    I think I just wait for someone to say something. 😬 Or I'll start to look at my phone or put on my earphones and listen to music.


    "So... ummm.... yeah... " :neutral:
    That one there is always a classic. Just nod your head in agreement and or say yeah even though you don't actually agree with the other person. I see people do that quite a bit.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 7,373 Member
    May the 4th be with you! :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you like to have white noise while you sleep?

    Nope. I don't know how people can fall asleep to that. I need complete darkness and silence (or somewhat) to sleep.
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 8,665 Member
    only if there's some obnoxious noise that needs covering over. A fan in the window in summer does wonders for overhearing the people who hang out smoking and talking on the streetcorner, not bothering to keep their voices down, late into the next morning. I'd much rather fall asleep to the sound of palm fronds blowing in the night wind, or crickets. Oh, crickets are the best, in late summer through early fall. Absolute dead silence might be hard to sleep in, for me.

    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Love and intolerance cannot coexist.
    on35zO3l.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    edited May 4
    only if there's some obnoxious noise that needs covering over. A fan in the window in summer does wonders for overhearing the people who hang out smoking and talking on the streetcorner, not bothering to keep their voices down, late into the next morning. I'd much rather fall asleep to the sound of palm fronds blowing in the night wind, or crickets. Oh, crickets are the best, in late summer through early fall. Absolute dead silence might be hard to sleep in, for me.

    I can't sleep with crickets making noise. I think the only sound I accept is the sound of rain. :D
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,757 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you like to have white noise while you sleep?

    Nope. I don't know how people can fall asleep to that. I need complete darkness and silence (or somewhat) to sleep.

    No I don’t need it or use it, but I can sleep with it. My now-moved-out sister whom I used to share a room with used to have a fan at night every night to block out our siblings and I slept fine with it. I also am able to sleep fine with loud siblings and tvs from other rooms. I’ve gotten very used to noise. But no, I don’t have that kind of noise when I sleep usually.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,483 Member
    Das Karpfen
    2r0lONx.png
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you like to have white noise while you sleep?

    Nope. I don't know how people can fall asleep to that. I need complete darkness and silence (or somewhat) to sleep.

    I don't. I just get the eery sound of tinnitus to my night. No silence, no noise that isn't in my mind, it's odd.
    5aSF2B2.png
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 7,373 Member
    edited May 4
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you like to have white noise while you sleep?

    Nope. I don't know how people can fall asleep to that. I need complete darkness and silence (or somewhat) to sleep.


    Need to have a fan sound going, or else I won't be able to get to sleep. Plus total silence makes me feel like I'm sleeping in my coffin. :worried:

    Not yet, Mr Grim Reaper. I'm just practicing here :scream:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,174 Member
    edited May 5
    only if there's some obnoxious noise that needs covering over. A fan in the window in summer does wonders for overhearing the people who hang out smoking and talking on the streetcorner, not bothering to keep their voices down, late into the next morning. I'd much rather fall asleep to the sound of palm fronds blowing in the night wind, or crickets. Oh, crickets are the best, in late summer through early fall. Absolute dead silence might be hard to sleep in, for me.
    One of my nephews had that same problem with noisy people waking him up in the middle of the night. And he has insomnia. So he bought one those fans that are open all the way around to help drown out some of the loud noises that his neighbor makes at 3 am.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

    What is one talent/skill that you want to get better at?

    I'm always trying to sing better. I think I can sing pretty well but I'm always trying to improve it and finding ways to have a better breathing technique. :D Cuz I feel like I'm not doing it right.
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,174 Member
    edited May 5
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

    What is one talent/skill that you want to get better at?

    I'm always trying to sing better. I think I can sing pretty well but I'm always trying to improve it and finding ways to have a better breathing technique. :D Cuz I feel like I'm not doing it right.
    I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that if you ask a well known singer that same question about singing. They would give you that same answer about finding new breathing techniques to improve their singing as well. But it's good that you are trying to find news way to improve your singing talent.
    On to Today's Q Q. For me, it would be writing. Finding new words and new ways to use them to improve my storytelling. I am pretty good at keeping a readers interested in my stories. I had a draft of story that takes place in a dystopian world where I had young man and woman being chased by raiders on motorcycles. My young couple was on a dirt bike themselves and I had them drive right off a high bluff in a desert setting. They were in the middle of no where, no building, nothing for miles in all directions. The young man was driving the dirt bike when they went over the edge of the bluff. The young woman was on the back of the bike and clinging to his waste for dear life. To say the least, she was a whiter shade of pale. In other words, beyond terrified. But they landed safely along with their dirt bike. And she was furious about her life being put in danger by someone that she loved dearly. I showed someone this draft of a fictional story. And they thought for certain that the young woman was going to slap the young man hard in his face for putting her in danger like that. But I didn't have her slap his face hard. I just had her chew him out big time. And as for the gang of raiders that was chasing them. I didn't have them follow the young over the edge of the 500 foot high bluff. I had raiders stop their bike right at the edge, and stare down at the young couple that they were chasing. But there's always room for improvement in what ever talent that you are into. Be that it may be that talent is singing, writing, or painting, and acting.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

    What is one talent/skill that you want to get better at?

    I'm always trying to sing better. I think I can sing pretty well but I'm always trying to improve it and finding ways to have a better breathing technique. :D Cuz I feel like I'm not doing it right.
    I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that if you ask a well known singer that same question about singing. They would give you that same answer about finding new breathing techniques to improve their singing as well. But it's good that you are trying to find news way to improve your singing talent.
    On to Today's Q Q. For me, it would be writing. Finding new words and new ways to use them to improve my storytelling. I am pretty good at keeping a readers interested in my stories. I had a draft of story that takes place in a dystopian world where I had young man and woman being chased by raiders on motorcycles. My young couple was on a dirt bike themselves and I had them drive right off a high bluff in a desert setting. They were in the middle of no where, no building, nothing for miles in all directions. The young man was driving the dirt bike when they went over the edge of the bluff. The young woman was on the back of the bike and clinging to his waste for dear life. To say the least, she was a whiter shade of pale. In other words, beyond terrified. But they landed safely along with their dirt bike. And she was furious about her life being put in danger by someone that she loved dearly. I showed someone this draft of a fictional story. And they thought for certain that the young woman was going to slap the young man hard in his face for putting her in danger like that. But I didn't have her slap his face hard. I just had her chew him out big time. And as for the gang of raiders that was chasing them. I didn't have them follow the young over the edge of the 500 foot high bluff. I had raiders stop their bike right at the edge, and stare down at the young couple that they were chasing. But there's always room for improvement in what ever talent that you are into. Be that it may be that talent is singing, writing, or painting, and acting.

    Yes, I totally agree that we should always try to improve ourselves and our skills! And I'm sure even the professionals do this as well.
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 136 Member
    I want to get better at concentrating at Uni. I really need to, there's exams coming up! O.o

    But since that is not a skill - I want to get better at speaking english (my mother tongue is German.) Writing & Reading is fine as you can probably tell ;)
    participating in the "One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge".
    My story can be found here, the rules are here
    time zone: Berlin, Germany | EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    I want to get better at concentrating at Uni. I really need to, there's exams coming up! O.o

    But since that is not a skill - I want to get better at speaking english (my mother tongue is German.) Writing & Reading is fine as you can probably tell ;)

    Oooh, nice one! And I can totally understand how speaking is so different from writing. I can write in Malay well (my second language, which is supposedly my mother tongue) but I speak and write in Eng like 99% of the time and I find it hard to speak in Malay. My mom would speak to me in Malay and I would just reply back in Eng. And I never thought it was weird until one time, a stranger who overheard us came to tell us that he found it interesting. 😂
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,757 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

    What is one talent/skill that you want to get better at?

    I'm always trying to sing better. I think I can sing pretty well but I'm always trying to improve it and finding ways to have a better breathing technique. :D Cuz I feel like I'm not doing it right.

    Piano. Haven’t been practicing lately since my piano teacher retired. But I wanna keep playing still
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 72,024 Member
    Mouselline wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

    What is one talent/skill that you want to get better at?

    I'm always trying to sing better. I think I can sing pretty well but I'm always trying to improve it and finding ways to have a better breathing technique. :D Cuz I feel like I'm not doing it right.

    Piano. Haven’t been practicing lately since my piano teacher retired. But I wanna keep playing still

    I totes forgot how to play any songs on the piano cuz I haven't been practicing either. 😭
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    Ds4LLf0.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top