Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    That's a hard one too. Coolest invention: is it the printing press for revolutionizing literacy and communications in its time? It certainly shaped world history powerfully. Was it the advent of the PC? The development of ARPAnet into the Internet as we know it now?
    How about the internal combustion engine? The microscopes that allowed us to realize Germ Theory was indeed a fact?

For the sake of simplicity, I'll say the printing press, because its impact on education, literacy, commerce, the spread of ideas, politics both local and far-flung, philosophy, and science, has been monumental, and set the stage for accelerating all other inventions and achievements since.

Who would you most like to have a chance to have lunch with, and why?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    I would like to have lunch with one of my pet spiders, so he can watch and learn that we all have to eat. :blush:

Do you use internet more on your desktop/laptop or your phone?
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Laptop.

Do you hate it when your computer is giving you problems? 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    About as enjoyable as clipping nails with a bottle opener.

Summarise the opening sequence to your favourite movie.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    edited April 2021
    Big grandma had to leave town and a cop went undercover as her to work on a case.

Fav movie composer (like those types of music composers who work on movies, I don't know the name for it. LOL.)?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Man I had to think about this one and I personally do not have one to call my favorite.

What is (or was) your "Thanks, I Hate It" moment?
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    When Instagram changed the notification icon to the top and put a shopping icon at the bottom.

Same question.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited April 2021
    “YouTube for Kids” existing. Apparently YouTube doesn't know how to keep regular YT and YTFK separate, so if a video gets marked “for kids”, the video cannot be added to a playlist and the comment section is permanently disabled. Even the auto-detection system has a habit of marking videos that aren't SFW. If on mobile, the video gets paused if you minimise the player.

What was the last time you felt like this?
    A5NnW7R.png
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    Hmm, about a month ago when we had a company dinner and they made fun of me who always brings salads for lunch, by calling me a giraffe. They have made fun of me a lot since 2018 and it's kinda annoying me right now. Like, they ask me why I'm eating "grass" and shizz like that. 😩

What is a fun/random fact that most people don't know about you in real life?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited May 2021
    That I can do a lot of tricks with my tongue, pretty much everything, including this one called tongue folding. I prefer not to photo myself doing it but here's what it looks like for reference:

YrakDKh.jpg

Most people don't know it in real life because I don't walk up and say, "Hey, wanna see my tongue trick?" lol

Same question!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I feel like 95% of people who know me don't know about the many things I've collected:
    Buttons, Bouncy Balls, State Quarters, Webkinz Plush, Stuffed Animals, Littlest Pet Shop figures, Bella Sara Trading Cards, Club Penguin Trading Cards, Webkinz Trading Cards, Disney Pins, Horse Figurines...

Same question.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    I can snap my right middle finger's tendon out from the knuckle position.

Have you ever had to wear braces?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Nope. And "had to wear them" is kind of telling, because in the US, the average family can't afford dental insurance or to pay without insurance, for braces, so they are kind of a luxury item, so "got to wear them" is more the question. Money determines access to healthcare, more than need. :(

What's your go-to stressbuster?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Nature watching.

Whatcha doing?
    I've been watching YouTube videos on SCP anomalies. Interesting stuff. I've heard of them before, but never got into the lore/stories.

What is something that you have had to face about yourself? (even if it's recently)
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    edited May 2021
    Trying to figure out if I have an eating disorder or not. I came to a conclusion that I somewhat do but it's not like crazy serious. It's more like, I've just chosen to avoid sweet or fatty stuff and would feel bad if I do eat them. And I get super obsessed with healthy eating and exercising.

Do you procrastinate often?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Not often, but sometimes.

What is something in life that you still have yet to figure out?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    Too many things, man.

Coffee or tea?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    I only drink matcha these days, which is technically tea :)

how many other forums are you a part of?
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    This one mostly.

Is there anything exciting that you look forward to this week?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Yes. This week I have: an xray on my wrist I hurt months ago (and should have gotten seen then but how was I to know it wouldn't just heal up?); the first firing-up of a new grill/smoker we bought; a therapy session; the first mowing of the lawn for the season (probably hubs will have to do it, because my wrist is so messed up still); and he's going on a trip out-of-state, so I'll have some glorious nights alone AND miss out on the guy he's visiting, who doesn't like me anyway.

Sometime soon I'm going to make a tiramisu, but not sure when. Maybe when he gets back, so he'll have a reason to return. ;)

Same question!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Ooh, a Tiramisu?? Post pics when you do!! :)

Hmmm, nothing much to look forward to this week. I have two big meetings tomorrow and Thursday but the client's office is close to my house so I can take a shorter time to reach home after the meeting is over. LOL.

Do you have any art or photograph on your walls?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    lots of art, my own and other people's

who would play you in a movie about your life?
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    edited May 2021
    Kristofer Hivju. I've never seen an actor who so much looks like my father's side of the family. Dude look like he could be one of my many male cousins, and the bone structure and coloration are right, which is a rare thing to find in an actor. Even the nose.

lT5T5n4l.png

...aaaand I forgot to ask a question. Same question, I wanna see others' responses!
    Post edited by Nushnushganay on

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I'll say William Jackson Harper. Though we don't look alike, he is a great actor and I think he could do a fine job.

What is your strongest sense out of the five? (Or what do you think it is?)
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png