Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Consulted a lawyer; started voice lessons; gave a limping homeless guy a ride, some cash, and some handwarmers because the nights are still cold and he was walking interstate and sleeping in the open. Also made some vegan cupcakes with sugar-free frosting for a neighbor's birthday party, and taught someone the basics of how to knit.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Consulted a lawyer; started voice lessons; gave a limping homeless guy a ride, some cash, and some handwarmers because the nights are still cold and he was walking interstate and sleeping in the open. Also made some vegan cupcakes with sugar-free frosting for a neighbor's birthday party, and taught someone the basics of how to knit.

Wow, that's a lot!

Right now, I'm obsessed with perfecting my meringue cookies so I'm looking up different styles of doing them and will keep on making them until I get them right.

Why am I like this?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member

Dang. I haven’t done much. I started a Minecraft server with some people so that’s been fun. Trying to get back into writing. Not much.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Trying to get a flat tire fixed on a car. Waiting for the day when I get my second dose of the Covid vaccine. Waiting on the day that I get my lawn tractor back from the repair place so I can mow my lawn, which is starting to look like a rain forest now. And playing Conan Exiles and a little bit of The Sims. These are some of the things that I have been up to lately.
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you say during awkward silences?

I think I just wait for someone to say something. 😬 Or I'll start to look at my phone or put on my earphones and listen to music.
    832XG3D.gif
    What I say during awkward silence depends on the situation. I might say something or I might just walk away and say nothing at all.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I think I just wait for someone to say something. 😬 Or I'll start to look at my phone or put on my earphones and listen to music.

"So... ummm.... yeah... " :neutral:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    Me art.

2b986bc8c64a42085ca1e28de3161385f30a7bbf.jpg
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

"So... ummm.... yeah... " :neutral:
    That one there is always a classic. Just nod your head in agreement and or say yeah even though you don't actually agree with the other person. I see people do that quite a bit.
    May the 4th be with you! :wink:
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you like to have white noise while you sleep?

Nope. I don't know how people can fall asleep to that. I need complete darkness and silence (or somewhat) to sleep.
    832XG3D.gif
    only if there's some obnoxious noise that needs covering over. A fan in the window in summer does wonders for overhearing the people who hang out smoking and talking on the streetcorner, not bothering to keep their voices down, late into the next morning. I'd much rather fall asleep to the sound of palm fronds blowing in the night wind, or crickets. Oh, crickets are the best, in late summer through early fall. Absolute dead silence might be hard to sleep in, for me.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited May 2021
    only if there's some obnoxious noise that needs covering over. A fan in the window in summer does wonders for overhearing the people who hang out smoking and talking on the streetcorner, not bothering to keep their voices down, late into the next morning. I'd much rather fall asleep to the sound of palm fronds blowing in the night wind, or crickets. Oh, crickets are the best, in late summer through early fall. Absolute dead silence might be hard to sleep in, for me.

I can't sleep with crickets making noise. I think the only sound I accept is the sound of rain. :D
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Nope. I don't know how people can fall asleep to that. I need complete darkness and silence (or somewhat) to sleep.

No I don’t need it or use it, but I can sleep with it. My now-moved-out sister whom I used to share a room with used to have a fan at night every night to block out our siblings and I slept fine with it. I also am able to sleep fine with loud siblings and tvs from other rooms. I’ve gotten very used to noise. But no, I don’t have that kind of noise when I sleep usually.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Das Karpfen
    2r0lONx.png
    Today's Q Q is:

I don't. I just get the eery sound of tinnitus to my night. No silence, no noise that isn't in my mind, it's odd.
    L9q8VGi.png
    edited May 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

Need to have a fan sound going, or else I won't be able to get to sleep. Plus total silence makes me feel like I'm sleeping in my coffin. :worried:

Not yet, Mr Grim Reaper. I'm just practicing here :scream:
    edited May 2021
    One of my nephews had that same problem with noisy people waking him up in the middle of the night. And he has insomnia. So he bought one those fans that are open all the way around to help drown out some of the loud noises that his neighbor makes at 3 am.
    Today's Q Q is:

What is one talent/skill that you want to get better at?

I'm always trying to sing better. I think I can sing pretty well but I'm always trying to improve it and finding ways to have a better breathing technique. :D Cuz I feel like I'm not doing it right.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited May 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

I'm always trying to sing better. I think I can sing pretty well but I'm always trying to improve it and finding ways to have a better breathing technique. :D Cuz I feel like I'm not doing it right.
    I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that if you ask a well known singer that same question about singing. They would give you that same answer about finding new breathing techniques to improve their singing as well. But it's good that you are trying to find news way to improve your singing talent.
    On to Today's Q Q. For me, it would be writing. Finding new words and new ways to use them to improve my storytelling. I am pretty good at keeping a readers interested in my stories. I had a draft of story that takes place in a dystopian world where I had young man and woman being chased by raiders on motorcycles. My young couple was on a dirt bike themselves and I had them drive right off a high bluff in a desert setting. They were in the middle of no where, no building, nothing for miles in all directions. The young man was driving the dirt bike when they went over the edge of the bluff. The young woman was on the back of the bike and clinging to his waste for dear life. To say the least, she was a whiter shade of pale. In other words, beyond terrified. But they landed safely along with their dirt bike. And she was furious about her life being put in danger by someone that she loved dearly. I showed someone this draft of a fictional story. And they thought for certain that the young woman was going to slap the young man hard in his face for putting her in danger like that. But I didn't have her slap his face hard. I just had her chew him out big time. And as for the gang of raiders that was chasing them. I didn't have them follow the young over the edge of the 500 foot high bluff. I had raiders stop their bike right at the edge, and stare down at the young couple that they were chasing. But there's always room for improvement in what ever talent that you are into. Be that it may be that talent is singing, writing, or painting, and acting.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that if you ask a well known singer that same question about singing. They would give you that same answer about finding new breathing techniques to improve their singing as well. But it's good that you are trying to find news way to improve your singing talent.
    On to Today's Q Q. For me, it would be writing. Finding new words and new ways to use them to improve my storytelling. I am pretty good at keeping a readers interested in my stories. I had a draft of story that takes place in a dystopian world where I had young man and woman being chased by raiders on motorcycles. My young couple was on a dirt bike themselves and I had them drive right off a high bluff in a desert setting. They were in the middle of no where, no building, nothing for miles in all directions. The young man was driving the dirt bike when they went over the edge of the bluff. The young woman was on the back of the bike and clinging to his waste for dear life. To say the least, she was a whiter shade of pale. In other words, beyond terrified. But they landed safely along with their dirt bike. And she was furious about her life being put in danger by someone that she loved dearly. I showed someone this draft of a fictional story. And they thought for certain that the young woman was going to slap the young man hard in his face for putting her in danger like that. But I didn't have her slap his face hard. I just had her chew him out big time. And as for the gang of raiders that was chasing them. I didn't have them follow the young over the edge of the 500 foot high bluff. I had raiders stop their bike right at the edge, and stare down at the young couple that they were chasing. But there's always room for improvement in what ever talent that you are into. Be that it may be that talent is singing, writing, or painting, and acting.

Yes, I totally agree that we should always try to improve ourselves and our skills! And I'm sure even the professionals do this as well.
    832XG3D.gif
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    I want to get better at concentrating at Uni. I really need to, there's exams coming up! O.o

But since that is not a skill - I want to get better at speaking english (my mother tongue is German.) Writing & Reading is fine as you can probably tell ;)
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    I want to get better at concentrating at Uni. I really need to, there's exams coming up! O.o

But since that is not a skill - I want to get better at speaking english (my mother tongue is German.) Writing & Reading is fine as you can probably tell ;)

Oooh, nice one! And I can totally understand how speaking is so different from writing. I can write in Malay well (my second language, which is supposedly my mother tongue) but I speak and write in Eng like 99% of the time and I find it hard to speak in Malay. My mom would speak to me in Malay and I would just reply back in Eng. And I never thought it was weird until one time, a stranger who overheard us came to tell us that he found it interesting. 😂
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Piano. Haven’t been practicing lately since my piano teacher retired. But I wanna keep playing still
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Piano. Haven’t been practicing lately since my piano teacher retired. But I wanna keep playing still

I totes forgot how to play any songs on the piano cuz I haven't been practicing either. 😭
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Guitar.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top