Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 sounding worse everyday 😑 UPDATE 7/24/21

Comments

• marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2021
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I played S4MP, a Sim 4 multiplayer mod with my sister, we both controlled the same household (and it's at its most fun if we voice chat with each other too). We have a specific group of Sims we control (like if it's an 8 member household, we control 4 Sims each), we collab on creating those Sims and their traits, we collab on building the lot (though they aren't simultaneously sadly, we have to take turns making Sims and constructing the lot), and we give them specific roles. Sometimes we have "real" conversations with our household members even: one of us asks about day, other responds with giving repair tips, etc, and we have a set personality for each Sim, we pick actions that would be in-character for them. Sometimes we make Sims join activities if I see my sister sent one of the Sims playing video games or watching TV, sometimes I make my Sims mentor her Sims and vice versa. Sometimes my Sims have negative moods and my sister uses her Sims to cheer them up. And I'm sure we would absolutely love RPing with each other if we were that type of Sim player.

It absolutely can work if you participate with people you are very close to. My sister and I are a very close pair and we love playing S4MP together.

That sounds like something only close friends/family members could enjoy though. I am not sure it would be the right move for them to ship TS5 playing out this way, as for example I wouldn't have anybody interested in playing with me & I am sure I'm not alone here, and I would find uncomfortable playing a family, or a couple with a friend, especially while getting into the whole roleplay aspect.
    I do not deny some would enjoy it, but it would have to be a hard pass for me.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2021
    mingusssss wrote: »
    people can be absolutely terrible in that setting, especially to women and non-white ppl.

... when the majority of the players are men :p

But here, women rule The Sims.

A lot of people have quoted this comment in this thread to the point that I feel compelled to speak up about it because it bothered me the first time I read it. I kept my mouth shut at first...but SERIOUSLY?! Me coming from last playing an MMORPG...women can be just as toxic as men. I would actually rather deal with hostile dudes than stand the "mean girls". For real, there is no reason to be prejudiced. All men aren't horrible and women aren't all nice...just sayin'...hateful people are sometimes just hateful people, man.

Edited because spelling is hard.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    A6nXZpR.png

I hope the photo works. But back on the topic. We heard how The Sims 4 is having a pathfinder. Then The Sims 5 getting more and more online. The closer we get, the more news we hear, the more this is becoming true

I know that's fake, but if the end product resembles that in any way, boy...that's going to be one 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Imagine wasting 3 real-life hours just to wait for your online boyfriend to wake up in a different timezone to complete a “woohoo with...” whim.

No thanks.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2021
    Kelvin wrote: »
    Imagine wasting 3 real-life hours just to wait for your online boyfriend to wake up in a different timezone to complete a “woohoo with...” whim.

No thanks.

Yeah, and if the sims5 will be online you will most likely not be able to fast forward time. I don't see how that would be possible with other players.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2021
    Delete.
    OOPs sorry, OP, I posted this on your thread instead of my own, lol. So, sorry. No coffee. Cleaning up off topic thread poll thread comments. Fixed.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    my advice at this point would be that we wait for more info on the sims5 and keep watch for this year e3 and do not forget that with what is given now as info might change when the sims5 is realise, so my advice would be towait and keep watch for more info and i agree with @Cinebar post
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Also they cannot make a "kid-friendly" online multiplayer game without restricting it completely. There are a lot of MMOs for kids out there that don't let you do anything just to protect the kids. In some games you aren't even allowed to type numbers in the chat just in case a kid is trying to typer their adress or credit card information.

Also let's not talk about the bullying, toxicity and everything else that comes with online multiplayer games and since the Sims does attract a younger fanbase I can see a lot of trolls in there.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Kelvin wrote: »

No thanks.

@Kelvin Couples in long distance relationships have left the chat.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited May 2021
    @OutlawWoman

At the same time I never said women were angels :p

---

How many bugs will be in the game 5 years later ?
    The level of complexity increases each time a new basegame is released. Multiplayer + broken features.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I can already imagine being half-way into building a lovely house when two 64x64 four-story mansions spawn to the left and right of my lot, my frame rate plummeting to oblivion as two families of 8 swarm my front door, each holding a fruitcake, and I only have a split second to read "Simmerbornin2014 says: lol sul sul ************" before my game window kamikazes to desktop without warning.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited May 2021
    (I deleted this because I thought it was rude but I basically asked for people to stop blaming "The kids these days" and people who've only played TS4 for the possibility of TS5 sucking)
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't know if I'd ever play an Online TS5
    I'd probably have access to it because my sis might buy it.
    But as an autistic person, sims are an escape for me, and forced interaction with people on the internet is the opposite of a safe space.
    :neutral:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited May 2021
    EA goal isn't the old loyal players, EA wants to reach the billions people who don't play The Sims yet.
    Gen Z is the first target, a new generation who never played the previous games with a completely open mind for a MMO TS5.

The Sims 4 is probably the last game designed for the long-time players.

Couldn't agree more, it's so sad. It's evident at this point that EA doesn't care about what their consumers who have been around for the past 20 years want or care for, it's all about grabbing the attention of a completely new demographic and jumping on the bandwagon of all these online multiplayer games popular at the moment. All I can say to that is shove your Sims where the sun don't shine.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    logion wrote: »
    DrGluon and James Turner played that mod and recorded a couple of videos of it, I thought it looked okay but I thought it looked very limited, only one could build, if you travel you had to bring both sims etc. Which is what I am worried about when it comes to them making the sims5 multiplayer, we will never see Create a Style or Create a World because that will be too demanding for an online game.

My point is that it's a proof of concept that can work if it was integrated with care. Like, how there's story progress in older games, but this time another player can direct story progression in their own. I do get that it's very limited because it has to work within the game's limitations and you probably can't create two Sims at a time. However, I don't think EA will be as customer friendly as this set-up, like, at all, so I have zero faith of the Sims 5 delivering a worthwhile multiplayer experience.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    EA goal isn't the old loyal players, EA wants to reach the billions people who don't play The Sims yet.
    Gen Z is the first target, a new generation who never played the previous games with a completely open mind for a MMO TS5.

Couldn't agree more, it's so sad. It's evident at this point that EA doesn't care about what their consumers who have been around for the past 20 years want or care for, it's all about grabbing the attention of a completely new demographic and jumping on the bandwagon of all these online multiplayer games popular at the moment. All I can say to that is shove your Sims where the sun don't shine.

Because a simple fact is if you’re a 20 year customer you have likely aged out of their key demographic and you are no longer who they’re targeting or trying to attract.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2021

Because a simple fact is if you’re a 20 year customer you have likely aged out of their key demographic and you are no longer who they’re targeting or trying to attract.

But The Sims franchise used to attract ALL the age groups! It's idiotic* to only focus on a subset of the entire fan base.

*unwise (ahem)

• deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    I'm a little confused about what it means when they say "online." The game hasn't happened yet so I won't speculate.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    deeman190 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused about what it means when they say "online." The game hasn't happened yet so I won't speculate.

True, nothing is fully confirmed yet, but if you read the article, there's very strong hints that they want to integrate multiplayer into the game, from the way they wrote how they're "watching players interact" and the way they talked about other interactive online experiences such as Roblox.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member

But The Sims franchise used to attract ALL the age groups! It's ❤️❤️❤️❤️* to only focus on a subset of the entire fan base.

*unwise (ahem)

This is really for all age groups, not just generation Z
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Right now this is just speculation, but if it is a Multiplayer game, i am out. For one people have different ideas, my house isn't going to be the same as other people's house. my sim won't look the same as your sim. an idea of a perfect sim is different for everyone. I like playing single player. maybe there could be an option to turn it off.
    i really don't think they care about the older players. i loved the sims 2, and even 3 sounds a bit better (tho really buggy i feel.)
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I hope the option is there for people to choose multiplayer or not. EA really needs to listen to the fan base. If it's not something you want don't buy it. I don't plan on buying Sims 5 because I'm not impressed by what I have heard about it so far however it's still in production. We don't know how the end result of Sims 5 will turn out. Maybe the end result will be something unexpectedly good. I'll wait on reviews from all of you once it comes out.

I just want them to take enough time to make a good game worth playing vanilla. I want a game with minimal issues. If it means waiting another 5 or 6 years. They really need to playtest and beta test. There is never such a thing called over playtesting/beta testing
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    mingusssss wrote: »
    I see a cognitive dissonance here. On the one hand they make the game more and more PG at every iteration, yet they want to incorporate multiplayer? have they never played an online multiplayer game before? people can be absolutely terrible in that setting, especially to women and non-white ppl.

Yep. I've played MMOs for years, and was in fact just telling some folks the other day of how I've had to leave various groups / guilds when somebody in there would put on their Klan hood in discord...

Used to 'raid' with this one group where the leader of the guild pulled me into the inner circle and just started chatting about 'life' for hours in discord after our game sessions. Dude knew I was mixed race, and yet he'd repeatedly forget to filter at some point and start a white-power rant... and honestly that wasn't an unusual experience.

In some of those games, like World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV - I've just about worn out my 'report' key...

I've had about equal trouble with women players though. 'Alpha female' is just as much a thing as 'alpha male' and I've seen some folks who will shout over others and try to push their way around. The one thing I have seen women players do in MMOs that I've yet to (thankfully) ever see a male try is when I've seen the women players randomly start 'sexting' in Discord or game chat. Had a few get mad at me because I did not appreciate it, told them to stop it, and was not 'turned on' by it... and I'm like... child I am not your target so I don't know you were thinking, lets get your mom in here so I can tell her what you're doing with that game-sub she's paying for...

I do NOT need that forced on me here.

My single player Sims, I can be as PG or NSFW as I want - and no worry about others getting weird at me, me getting weird at them, or the nightmare of finding out some highly improper age difference.

And I don't need the racism stuff either. Last thing I want to see is my sim getting chased by every fool player who thinks it's funny to make a racist sim in game and carry the -bleep- I have to deal with offline into my game time too... took the people who run Second Life years to take that kind of conduct serious.

Post edited by Jyotai on
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2021
    EA I DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE. STOP FORCING MULTIPLAYER DOWN OUR THROATS.

I used to like playing MP but after dealing with other people that tend to act like children I just do not buy into it. I do like Lan to Lan play where I can choose who I play with, SP play as well. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen