Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of being babysit by a game.

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes, I do feel that the babysitting is a bit too much sometimes, when it comes to them writing "Asking a Hates Children Sim to 'Try for Baby' has no chance of success unless the Sim is Dazed." I mostly find it weird how it was written, it comes off as odd and possibly creepy to mention in a post that (right now) have been read by 20,000 people.

But that's about it, I don't take any offense to the mechanic being in the game because consent is decided by the player, I would argue that there is no consent in the game, if you have enough romantic relationship then the sim will always do what the player wants, nor is there any way to really get sims drunk or dazed easily (unless you enable the juiced community NAP or drink Kava) from what I know, so what is the fuzz all about except a poor choice of words?

We have all been there, said something that might not have been the best choice of words, accept it, learn from it and move on.

They will probably remove this dazed feature in the next patch and now instead sims who hates children will always say no to try for children unless you initiate it with them, which is how I interpreted it to be used anyway.
    Post edited by logion on
  • marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    logion wrote: »
    They will probably remove this dazed feature in the next patch and now instead sims who hates children will always say no to try for children unless you initiate it with them, which is how I interpreted it to be used anyway.
    Sims with the Hates Children trait are very unreceptive to being asked to ‘Try for Baby’. This is what it's being changed to.
    I would like to see an interaction between partners where they can share opinions about why they should or should not have a baby, with a very small chance of the "hate children" Sim to agree, and get maybe something like "I hate children. But my small one is kinda cute, right?". Or literally anything else, this is just an idea.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    It’s been interesting seeing the comments on here compared to Twitter and YouTube on the issue. On those platforms people are saying sims should be a safe space and things like this should not be in the game. I have never thought of a game being a safe space

Well I certainly consider my saves very unsafe spaces :lol: I don't want things to be all perfectly happy and unproblematic quite the opposite

but at the same time it is very safe space in sense that it includes no other humans just me and my sims that may or may not be creeps :lol: and i control my kingdom of doom

I always take the view that without some adversity and challenges to over come, you don't fully appreciate the happy moments. How many children have been born from an oops moment and are cherished, turning an accident or drunken mistake into a wanted, happy child.

I personally think we should have the options to change a sims traits in CAS anytime we want to without cheats. We know that in real life people DO change. So why can’t we change our sims traits without cheats?

Think of a real circumstance where a person is a dog lover, but then they get bitten and are afraid of dogs.

You can change a sim's traits without cheats. It's called the re-traiting potion. (Reward.)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Babykittyjade Rant away, it is worthy of a good rant!

They really need to stop with this nerfing business, it's a pity we can't sue them for removing things that we've paid for.

I used to love the jealous trait too, and the longer eating, and all the dust. I don't want my sims to live in rainbow land.

Post edited by elanorbreton on
    I am happy to see that there are a lot of people looking at this situation without any malice, and understand what they actually meant when they changed the trait.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Asking dazed sim to woohoo or have baby is gross. If they're both dazed, mistakes happen :D But anyways, I don't think that sim who hates kids should ever be persuaded into having one. They don't want kids and that's that. I'd disable ask for baby to those sims.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Mstybl95 yes it’s in the tab where you click to change gender etc there are 3 options, have sim get pregnant, get others pregnant or neither. You don’t need any cheats either to access it just go in via the mirror, dresser etc and change to what you want. I think it was added when they added the option to have transgender sims. I use the function all the time even on sims who have had kids and don’t want anymore or on sims who maybe don’t want kids at that time in their life or on sims who hate kids. I use it as a form of “contraception”.
    edited May 2021
    We practically had the option already in the game. It just didn't require anything besides 1 click.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    It’s been interesting seeing the comments on here compared to Twitter and YouTube on the issue. On those platforms people are saying sims should be a safe space and things like this should not be in the game. I have never thought of a game being a safe space

Well I certainly consider my saves very unsafe spaces :lol: I don't want things to be all perfectly happy and unproblematic quite the opposite

but at the same time it is very safe space in sense that it includes no other humans just me and my sims that may or may not be creeps :lol: and i control my kingdom of doom

I always take the view that without some adversity and challenges to over come, you don't fully appreciate the happy moments. How many children have been born from an oops moment and are cherished, turning an accident or drunken mistake into a wanted, happy child.

I personally think we should have the options to change a sims traits in CAS anytime we want to without cheats. We know that in real life people DO change. So why can’t we change our sims traits without cheats?

Think of a real circumstance where a person is a dog lover, but then they get bitten and are afraid of dogs.

No. And being a dog lover isn't really a personality.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited May 2021
    IIIIIII actually see where Twitter is coming from, and I wouldn't be upset about the removal. It does come off as one sim taking advantage over another one's altered mental state to force a child onto them. Pretty sketchy, and illegal in many places. I do think the game should have more mature elements and stop babysitting us, but this is a T-rated game and most serious crimes are already off-limits, so bodily consent isn't the best avenue to explore consequences.

At the same time, I also understand everyone here who disagrees, and agree with some of the points brought up. As an assault survivor myself, I'm not upset by the change or it's undertones. (I thought it was pretty ballsy of the Sims team to pull that off, after making such a P.C. PC game.) I won't be mourning it's loss, but I also won't be upset if the devs never actually addressed it and left it in.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have my Spellcaster sim use Infatuate to force strangers to make out with each other.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    edited May 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    IIIIIII actually see where Twitter is coming from, and I wouldn't be upset about the removal. It does come off as one sim taking advantage over another one's altered mental state to force a child onto them. Pretty sketchy, and illegal in many places. I do think the game should have more mature elements and stop babysitting us, but this is a T-rated game and most serious crimes are already off-limits, so bodily consent isn't the best avenue to explore consequences.

At the same time, I also understand everyone here who disagrees, and agree with some of the points brought up. As an assault survivor myself, I'm not upset by the change or it's undertones. (I thought it was pretty ballsy of the Sims team to pull that off, after making such a P.C. PC game.) But given the context of the game it's in, I won't mourning it's loss.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have my Spellcaster sim use Infatuate to force strangers to make out with each other.

First of all, I am very sorry to hear that. I do sincerely hope you are doing well.
    Second, the game has actually quite a few elements that should be held at the same level as this, and they simply aren't. From spellcasters getting two randoms Sims to kiss, to Vampires being able to have an alluring aura, thus sort of "altering" the mental state of people around, to aliens abducting male Sims and getting them pregnant. None of those things come with consent, yet they're in the game, and no one cares. So how come this specific one is so frowned upon? You can't disregard all the rest, they fall more or less into the same category, but they seem to be fine? Aren't this Sims still being taken advantage of in a way? So what's the problem with 2 adults having drinks and having unprotected whoohoo?
    While I can totally understand where some of the complains are coming from, I also think that a lot of people hopped onto the drama train without thinking about it twice. They needed a cause, and they found it. Now they got Maxis to change it. Big whoop. I do expect them now to take matter into their own hands and get the rest of the game changed too though.
    Joking, please don't do that.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2021
    marissim wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

At the same time, I also understand everyone here who disagrees, and agree with some of the points brought up. As an assault survivor myself, I'm not upset by the change or it's undertones. (I thought it was pretty ballsy of the Sims team to pull that off, after making such a P.C. PC game.) But given the context of the game it's in, I won't mourning it's loss.

First of all, I am very sorry to hear that. I do sincerely hope you are doing well.
    Second, the game has actually quite a few elements that should be held at the same level as this, and they simply aren't. From spellcasters getting two randoms Sims to kiss, to Vampires being able to have an alluring aura, thus sort of "altering" the mental state of people around, to aliens abducting male Sims and getting them pregnant. None of those things come with consent, yet they're in the game, and no one cares. So how come this specific one is so frowned upon? You can't disregard all the rest, they fall more or less into the same category, but they seem to be fine? Aren't this Sims still being taken advantage of in a way? So what's the problem with 2 adults having drinks and having unprotected whoohoo?
    While I can totally understand where some of the complains are coming from, I also think that a lot of people hopped onto the drama train without thinking about it twice. They needed a cause, and they found it. Now they got Maxis to change it. Big whoop. I do expect them now to take matter into their own hands and get the rest of the game changed too though.
    Joking, please don't do that.

It got frowned upon because it was specifically pointed out in the blog post, had they just copied the forum version and left the dazed situation there, guaranteed nobody would have likely noticed. Also they have tried to come for both aliens and vampires on the same score, and I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually now they try again because now they know if they make a big enough stink on Twitter they can win out. So maybe it’s time for some of us to use the same platform to ask for some of our money back for features we paid for having been removed without our consent, as @elanorbreton said.
    It got frowned upon because it was specifically pointed out in the blog post, had they just copied the forum version and left the dazed situation there, guaranteed nobody would have likely noticed. Also they have tried to come for both aliens and vampires on the same score, and I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually now they try again because now they know if they make a big enough stink on Twitter they can win out. So maybe it’s time for some of us to use the same platform to ask for some of our money back for features we paid for having been removed without our consent, as @elanorbreton said.
    Yet, to me, this seems like the only one that isn't so bad because it was never said that only the children hating Sim had to be dazed, that is something the community pulled out of nowhere to justify the huge drama. As far as we know, they intented it like many assumed, two consenting adults messing around and not using protection.
    Mind you, I am 100% with you about changing and taking away features from paid packs. But I still feel like they tried with the packs, failed, gave up, and found the next best thing to hate on.

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Nothing new as Sims 4 is limiting in other ways other than traits, It is limiting in creativity, features and more. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Nothing new as Sims 4 is limiting in other ways other than traits, It is limiting in creativity, features and more. :)

Maybe but this thread is for discussion of the Hates Children trait, how it was changed and other nerfed features.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    edited May 2021
    I feel like the game already gave you, the player, the choice to have your sims who hate children to have kids or not by choosing woohoo or try for baby. If you wanted to set up a scenario where your sim had a few too many and got knocked up you could already do that. On the hand, if you had a sim who hates children but for whatever reason wanted to get pregnant, you could do that too. I feel like changing it to be dependent on being dazed is just unnecessary and a little icky. It is also taking control away from the player. I am all about having more choices and options in the game. I think being dazed was just a really unnecessary and bad idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top