Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA/Sims 3 Steam Sales 🤬

13...Next

Comments

• Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    edited April 2021
    I seen that, was happy to see it for sale once again. Unfortunately it wasn't as deeply discounted as it had been in the past, however still thankful it went on sale. I'm hoping that this is a sign that maybe the next big sale like the Summer Sale they will have them on sale again for bigger discounts.
    angrycat.gif
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    The sims 3 sales are back on steam, and origin.

The EPs are 50% off ($9.99), and the SPs only 25% off ($14.99 - why?!??). I remember when they were all 75% off at $4.99 each. Sometimes, Steam would even bundle the whole thing for even less! But anyway, I guess this is a little better than not having them on sale at all.

The only thing that stinks right now with getting The Sims 3 threw Steam is you can no longer get the Registration codes to redeem on TheSims3.com and Origin. Asking Steam support for the product codes won't work either...they will refer you to contact EA Games as apparently this was their decision. I personally redeemed all my The Sims 3 games on origin to keep them together in one spot as I had some on Steam and some on Origin. Now this is no longer an option so I probably won't be buying from Steam anymore but purchasing from Origin if they ever go on sale there. I'm still crossing fingers for a The Sims 3 Ultimate Collection release...Even if they list if for $60 it would be worth it to get everything in one go and one place.
    angrycat.gif
    The only thing that stinks right now with getting The Sims 3 threw Steam is you can no longer get the Registration codes to redeem on TheSims3.com and Origin. Asking Steam support for the product codes won't work either...they will refer you to contact EA Games as apparently this was their decision. I personally redeemed all my The Sims 3 games on origin to keep them together in one spot as I had some on Steam and some on Origin. Now this is no longer an option so I probably won't be buying from Steam anymore but purchasing from Origin if they ever go on sale there. I'm still crossing fingers for a The Sims 3 Ultimate Collection release...Even if they list if for $60 it would be worth it to get everything in one go and one place.

Wow, did not know that! Wonder why they did that???

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021

For real??? They took that away??? I wanted to get Fast Lane Stuff on sale but guess I wont....I'm only (and still) missing 2 SP's...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

I guess the reason why they did this was because when they added the "EA Play" membership on Steam people were taking the codes and reselling them and scamming people.
    angrycat.gif

I guess the reason why they did this was because when they added the "EA Play" membership on Steam people were taking the codes and reselling them and scamming people.

Ugh! This is why we can't have nice things.... :/

Ugh! This is why we can't have nice things.... :/

Yup, LoL
    angrycat.gif
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I'm confused. I thought sims 3 eps were already $20 on steam. I bought 3 packs during the last 50% off sale in April and they were $10 each which means the full price would be 20.
    I'm confused. I thought sims 3 eps were already $20 on steam. I bought 3 packs during the last 50% off sale in April and they were $10 each which means the full price would be 20.

Yeah, I always remembered they were $19.99 so this is not news. What people want back are the 75% off sales at $4.99 each.

Ya the US prices were always $19.99 on Steam and even on Origin
    angrycat.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021

Yeah, I always remembered they were $19.99 so this is not news. What people want back are the 75% off sales at $4.99 each.

I bought all the eps that i still didn't had 2 years ago in a sale at 4.99€ each. Seems that the game is getting more popular now. 2 years ago the eps were almost always at this price...
    texxx78 wrote: »

I bought all the eps that i still didn't had 2 years ago in a sale at 4.99€ each. Seems that the game is getting more popular now. 2 years ago the eps were almost always at this price...

I'm so glad you got all of them before it got expensive! 🥳🎉

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I bought my expansions from humble bundle that one time when Origin games were on sale, though I don‘t think HB puts any S3 contents on there anymore.

My alternative choice was amazon, I got a couple of them from there for slightly cheaper prices too; literally everywhere else is offering a better deal than Origin 😑

As of stuff packs, I cannot recommend them to anyone at full price; if I were you I would only consider purchasing any if their price drops below $10
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing as they continue to sell Sims 3 I only wish they would update the pc version to 64-bit that would be the only way I'd buy any of it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"