Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Other
    If I can play it with aging off, I'll buy it the day it releases. If you can't turn off aging I won't buy it but I'm not buying the sims 5 either way. I don't want an online sims game, it doesn't appeal to me at all.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Other
    LJK wrote: »
    amberlunez wrote: »
    I haven't really been following the Paralives development. I don't play a lot of games (read: any) besides the sims, and I am very loyal, so the idea of me starting a new game is kind of unlikely, but I am vaguely interested. However, I have very, very little interest in MMOs. It gives me anxiety to even think about it. I'm guessing it wouldn't necessarily be forced on us? Maybe as an option? But who knows - I mean we know very little at this time still. If TS5 is like TS3 and TS4 combined, I'll be happy honestly. I waited a long time after it was released to even start playing TS4, so most likely I'll do the same regardless when TS5 drops unless it looks seriously amazing. Realistically, I might have to give in and buy an actual desktop computer because I'm pretty sure my dainty MacBook will implode if I even think about adding another game to it. Even more realistically, if I do buy a desktop, I'm probably going to go back to TS3 :#

DO IT!!! TS3 honestly is FANTASTIC on a new desktop!!!

They'll have to follow some guides and extra steps to properly install TS3 since TS3 does not support new graphics cards and needs some mods to make it stable, including an auto-save mod for when things bork up, but after putting in the work, it's a great experience.

The steam version of the sims 3 works on my computer and I didn't have to do anything but install it.
    My computer specs are;
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
    32.0 GB ram
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I'm getting Paralives the day its released and I cant wait to make the worlds my own again its been over 6 years and Sims 4 is refusing to restore any creativity for world builders and designers its pretty sad. Unless Sims 4 or Sims 5 is out at that time do some major improvements on world creation and editing I see no reason to continue on being disappointed never having the features I need to enjoy myself.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Never heard of Paralives.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Other
    I haven't really been following the Paralives development. I don't play a lot of games (read: any) besides the sims, and I am very loyal, so the idea of me starting a new game is kind of unlikely, but I am vaguely interested. However, I have very, very little interest in MMOs. It gives me anxiety to even think about it. I'm guessing it wouldn't necessarily be forced on us? Maybe as an option? But who knows - I mean we know very little at this time still. If TS5 is like TS3 and TS4 combined, I'll be happy honestly. I waited a long time after it was released to even start playing TS4, so most likely I'll do the same regardless when TS5 drops unless it looks seriously amazing. Realistically, I might have to give in and buy an actual desktop computer because I'm pretty sure my dainty MacBook will implode if I even think about adding another game to it. Even more realistically, if I do buy a desktop, I'm probably going to go back to TS3 :#

They'll have to follow some guides and extra steps to properly install TS3 since TS3 does not support new graphics cards and needs some mods to make it stable, including an auto-save mod for when things bork up, but after putting in the work, it's a great experience.

The steam version of the sims 3 works on my computer and I didn't have to do anything but install it.
    My computer specs are;
    32.0 GB ram
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I works on my Nvidia 2080 super as well but I have to download all my store stuff each time as it doesn't recognise my purchases at all, even the whole worlds. I've spoken to support but they don't know why so I'm sticking to Sims 4. I still cannot stand those faces though and Sims 4 is better for building.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I plan to buy both.

My computer specs are;
    32.0 GB ram
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Mine is a amd razen 7 4700h, 8 cores, 4,20 ghz 16gb ram with a nvidia gtx 1650 ti. But i followed the steam guide for performance and downloaded "fixed" worlds. 3 runs with no lag at all, not in gameplay mode, build, buy or cas. It runs fast! It loads in less than 1 minute and i have been playing sessions of more than 10 hours straight. I have all eps, all sps and a few store items all working at once.

I want to change my answer to this poll. Now that i'm playing 3 in all it's glory i don't need 5 or paralives.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Other
    SamDenny wrote: »
    Never heard of Paralives.

Pretty much an indie Sims game that's still very early in development. If you want to get a good idea of what it'll be like, I suggest you check out their YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Paralives/videos
    A1hnP0t.png
  • readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I will probably buy both to try them out. It kind of depends on which I'll stick with. Paralives hasn't communicated anything about a needs based system and hasn't shown any actual gameplay yet, so I don't have too many opinions on it yet. That said, the fact that it's competing against the Sims intrigues me. TS5 hopefully still has an offline option to play the way I do now, otherwise, I'm not sure I'll play for very long. At this point in time, the release of either game is so far off that I don't even think about it.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2021
    Other
    None of them because I'm tired of the Boring Peaceful Life Simulation.

I'm waiting for a life simulation like CD Projekt promised for Cyberpunk 2077 years ago.
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Not into online multi-player. Period. What worries me - always in the back of my mind - we don't have disks anymore...we can only continue with S3 and S4 as long as Origin feeds the game...or not. Remember they dumped S2.... Does an external drive backup include the main game files that currently are fed through Origin?
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Not into online multi-player. Period. What worries me - always in the back of my mind - we don't have disks anymore...we can only continue with S3 and S4 as long as Origin feeds the game...or not. Remember they dumped S2.... Does an external drive backup include the main game files that currently are fed through Origin?

Perhaps only if you created an entire image of your pc and not just backups of particular things but chose Image.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Paralives. I hear Sims 5 is supposed to be multiplayer and I'm not really interested in that
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • d_dreamerd_dreamer Posts: 39 Member
    I am actually not sure about either one. The Sims 4 is really boring me, maybe because I don't know what I am doing, or that I don't get many comments. I am afraid to put up CC or the poses they have. I feel it is sort of unfair to see all this good stuff others do and I have this mediocre stuff, without the CC and poses. In the Sims 4 we get them to eat, or bathroom or sleep and it seems you do it and look at what they need and they eat in my game and it seems they haven't eaten anything so I send them back again. I think you have to play things or a trial period to see if you would really want either one, but I don't think or believe that would be an option for either one of them?
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Other
    I have no space left on my laptop (only 20GB) so I am in no hurry to buy soon especially since I don't uninstall games (my Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed are still installed. :D I treat them as collection until I can afford a external DVD and put them into a box to collect) and I have a lot of projects too from school to do. Maybe when I can afford a Hard Drive external or a DVD Drive then I could think about it
  • SdnPlyr8SdnPlyr8 Posts: 14 New Member
    Other
    I'm not interested in Paralives at all. I think I'm alone in this, but I really dislike the graphics and I'm not a builder so the fancy wall tools don't do it for me. But I'm equally disinterested in any sort of online play, so I will not be getting TS5 either, assuming my suspicions about what it will be are true. I just hope modders continue to work an TS4 for a while.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Other
    I'm gonna wait to see if Paralives is good. I won't get Sims 5 because it will be multiplayer.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited May 2021
    Other
    I personally wish that Paralives would release the game on Steam and in Stores. That will definitely increase the availability of the game.
    I hold physical games at higher priority than sole digital copies, and I do miss the good old days when The Sims 2 was just self-contained in a box with a CD and a game manual. Nowadays, EA does not do that anymore. Having Origin is bad enough. I don't want to keep receiving updates from Steam. I once downloaded Steam to try out a game for free, but the game was too massive in file size to be downloaded so I just quit. I also uninstalled Steam from my computer because Steam was too frequently updated.
    If Paralives is also released on a disc, then I might consider it. Of course, the Paralives team is rather small and limited in funds, so they will probably skip that altogether.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Other
    Not sure that I will want to play either one of them.

Sims 5 is looking more and more like it will be mainly online multiplayer which I have no interest whatsoever in playing.

Paralives... I don't know. There is something about the art style that is just very off-putting to me. Not sure why. So it would depend completely on what sort of game it really turns out to be (not what they say they are hoping/planning to do, but what end product actually gets released).

I genuinely like Sims 4 (though I do use mods) and honestly, I'll be happy just continuing to play as I have been playing and not buying any new game at all. So as long as my operating system is able to run Sims 4, I'm very likely to just stick with that.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Posting the contents of what I just said on the wrong thread. My Bad. Here is what I meant to say on this thread.

Hope no one derails this poll thread by going off topic, please. While we imagine what might be for both games we do have some heavy clues of what is probably true.

What do we actually know?

1.We do know they plan on some type of competition system for 'TS5' vs No competition system for PL.

2.We do know they said they are working hard to bring collaborative projects or system to TS5 vs Single player for PL.

3.We do know they hired someone to head up the Live service for TS5 vs no monthly etc. live service for PL.

4.We do know they have spoke about Story driven gameplay in TS5 (future Sim games) vs Open-ended gameplay for PL.

5. We do know they have stated they want to bring a Marketplace to TS5 vs no marketplace for PL but player friendly mod and cc support for PL but no support for scripted mods at this time or planned. We don't know if TS5 will support cc, But EA is working hard to bring a marketplace experience to the next Sim game. AKA players build something and a charge for such content.

6. We do know both games are using the Unreal engine xxxxxxx to build their games.

So, I think it's becoming more clear which way players of the older games will fall on which side of the coin. They may not pick up PL but may try it, and it depends on whether someone wants to deal with Steam or uses Steam or even likes Steam, any game has to overcome the feelings of players about a downloader, too, if they want to be successful. Millions use Steam, many won't.

Some of the lack of interest in TS4 is because of Origin not just a lack of willingness to try TS4 but because it's tied to an infamous downloader with many problems. Players of older games really dislike Origin. So, either game is going to have to take into account what platform they choose to use for a core fanbase to be satisfied with the way a game is delivered. Somebody really has to like TS4 to deal with Origin in so many cases and not mind interruptions to gameplay and or updates and other things such as errors or forced updates etc. All that has to be considered for Origin and or Steam.

What we don't actually know about TS5 is if it's a pc game or if it's being built for console from the get go. But we do know PL is going to be a pc game.

ETA: For footnotes about any of what I listed as 'fact' is contained in many articles over on TheSimsCommunity site and posted here in various threads or posts.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Other
    Speaking only for myself, I would really like to learn more about the gameplay aspects of Paralives before deciding if it is indeed a game I would enjoy as a long-time simmer. In other words, I want to see what the game’s virtual character’s personality system, the skills, the activities and many other elements regarding their lives within the game are going to be like. As of this moment a number of trailers from the PL development team heavily promotes its enhanced customisation tools and options, which I of course welcome with open arms; however, I need to occasionally remind myself that life-simulation is more than about the aesthetics of the surroundings but the “living” part as well. If I wanted to play a house-building/renovating simulator where one can build and decorate houses to their hearts’ content, I would probably go for a game like House Flipper instead. It’s great to have advanced build/buy in a life-sim but it really shouldn’t take up a huge chunk of the game (which brings up one of my major complaints of the huge number of released stuff packs and décor items for S3 and S4).

Travelling down my own memory lane a bit here: When S4 was announced to feature emotions and the ability to multitask, it did not intrigue me much, less so when I think about the features that didn’t make it to the final game. Unless EA brings back open world AND sims 3-style create-a-style tool, honestly, I cannot say I am looking forward to the release of S5.

Nevertheless, I am really excited to see what kind of feature PL will bring to the life-simulation genre long dominated by EA-Maxis, more so than whatever the supposedly “next-gen” experience S5 is expected to deliver, though right now little is known about this game either so it really isn’t fair for me to prematurely declare one game to be superior over another.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Posting the contents of what I just said on the wrong thread. My Bad. Here is what I meant to say on this thread.

Hope no one derails this poll thread by going off topic, please. While we imagine what might be for both games we do have some heavy clues of what is probably true.

What do we actually know?

1.We do know they plan on some type of competition system for 'TS5' vs No competition system for PL.

2.We do know they said they are working hard to bring collaborative projects or system to TS5 vs Single player for PL.

3.We do know they hired someone to head up the Live service for TS5 vs no monthly etc. live service for PL.

4.We do know they have spoke about Story driven gameplay in TS5 (future Sim games) vs Open-ended gameplay for PL.

5. We do know they have stated they want to bring a Marketplace to TS5 vs no marketplace for PL but player friendly mod and cc support for PL but no support for scripted mods at this time or planned. We don't know if TS5 will support cc, But EA is working hard to bring a marketplace experience to the next Sim game. AKA players build something and a charge for such content.

6. We do know both games are using the Unreal engine xxxxxxx to build their games.

So, I think it's becoming more clear which way players of the older games will fall on which side of the coin. They may not pick up PL but may try it, and it depends on whether someone wants to deal with Steam or uses Steam or even likes Steam, any game has to overcome the feelings of players about a downloader, too, if they want to be successful. Millions use Steam, many won't.

Some of the lack of interest in TS4 is because of Origin not just a lack of willingness to try TS4 but because it's tied to an infamous downloader with many problems. Players of older games really dislike Origin. So, either game is going to have to take into account what platform they choose to use for a core fanbase to be satisfied with the way a game is delivered. Somebody really has to like TS4 to deal with Origin in so many cases and not mind interruptions to gameplay and or updates and other things such as errors or forced updates etc. All that has to be considered for Origin and or Steam.

What we don't actually know about TS5 is if it's a pc game or if it's being built for console from the get go. But we do know PL is going to be a pc game.

ETA: For footnotes about any of what I listed as 'fact' is contained in many articles over on TheSimsCommunity site and posted here in various threads or posts.

Great post! A good summation of things as we know them right now. I just want to point out though that Unity is being used to build Paralives, not the Unreal Engine.

PS: I like Origin. It has come a long way. It was quite buggy several years back, but now it's pretty stable on my computers for the past few years. Not excited about EA replacing it with EA Desktop in the future though. That's been pretty buggy from what I've been reading - especially with TS3.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    I plan to buy both.
    Are there any more news about Paralives? Haven't heard anything about it recently. Have they already said something related to personality and gameplay?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    If TS5 is like The Sims Online I am definitely buying it - I loved that game! On the other hand if it's going to continue on the path of getting continually simpler in its graphics and animations then I might not. I still haven't really come to terms with the flattened, smudgy textures of TS4 and the chunky meshes. Paralives sadly is still aiming to be teen rated, and possibly suitable for young children, given what they are not willing to put into the game. Lovely but I am still looking for a sims-like game for older teens and adults. Not looking for explicit adult action, but some in-game acknowledgement that sad and scary things do happen in real life.

Some people have expressed reservations about whether Paralives will get finished. I agree, I too have in the past sponsored projects that died during development. The difference is that Paralives now has a moderately sized paid team of developers. Having got that far as a business, I certainly think there is an excellent chance *something* will result :)
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Other
    I put 'other' because it depends on whether or not Sims forces multiplayer.

Also... Looking at the Steam images for Paralives, I'm worried it could end up in legal trouble. The logo and visual style seems very similar to here. But... the actual 'sim' they show in their video looks less fun... She's got an art style that seems very bland to me, yet copied from Sims. Like they tried to copy Sims, but then toned it down to try to stay out of legal trouble, and in so doing lost the flavor.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top