Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Days too short? How to make them longer (or shorter) with MCCC

ReclusiveEagleReclusiveEagle Posts: 86 Member
edited April 2021 in General Mods Discussion
Right so I always thought Sims 4's days were too fast and unimpactful. The consensus for a long time has been 1 Sim minute = 1 real second.
That's not actually true. In the Sims 4 (and you can time it yourselves). 1 Sim minute = 1.5 seconds. Meaning days are 36 Minutes long.

Personally I like GTA V's time scale of 1 day = 48 minutes. So here is how to change that.
With MCCC click on a computer and open the MC command center panel.
  • Go to MCCC settings
  • Click "Gameplay Settings"
  • Click "Game Time Speed"
Right so the way this works is the value is = to the amount of milliseconds, per Sim second that passes.
Eg default is 25 milliseconds per Sim second. Long story short there are 60 Sim seconds in a Sim minute (just like in real life).
So to save you the math headache here is how you calculate that.

1st we need to convert milliseconds to seconds.
Eg 25 (default value). 1 second = 1000 milliseconds so 25/1000 = 0.025.
Now that we have that we can calculate how many real life seconds pass for every Sim minute.
Take your value, in this case 0.025 and x it by 60 (Minutes). This = 1.5. Meaning for each Sim Minute that passes, 1.5 real Seconds pass.
Now x that by 24 (hours) and you get 36 Minutes for each Sim day.

To get GTA V's time or how ever long you want a day to last we can work just backwards to make it easy.
Take the amount of time in minutes you want a day to last, in this case I want a day to be 48 minutes long.

48/24(hours) = 2 (Minutes) for every Sim hour that passes.
2/60(Minutes) = 0.0333333
0.033333 x 1000 (milliseconds) = 33.333
Unfortunately we can't add decimals so lets round it down to 33. This is the value you put in

A value of 33 means that for every Sim Minute, 1.98 seconds pass (which is close enough to 2).
A value of 33 means that 47 Minutes and 31 seconds will pass for each Sim day, which is what I want.
Eagle.

Comments

• SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Thank you!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Right so I always thought Sims 4's days were too fast and unimpactful. The consensus for a long time has been 1 Sim minute = 1 real second.
    That's not actually true. In the Sims 4 (and you can time it yourselves). 1 Sim minute = 1.5 seconds. Meaning days are 36 Minutes long.

Personally I like GTA V's time scale of 1 day = 48 minutes. So here is how to change that.
    With MCCC click on a computer and open the MC command center panel.
    • Go to MCCC settings
    • Click "Gameplay Settings"
    • Click "Game Time Speed"
    Right so the way this works is the value is = to the amount of milliseconds, per Sim second that passes.
    Eg default is 25 milliseconds per Sim second. Long story short there are 60 Sim seconds in a Sim minute (just like in real life).
    So to save you the math headache here is how you calculate that.

1st we need to convert milliseconds to seconds.
    Eg 25 (default value). 1 second = 1000 milliseconds so 25/1000 = 0.025.
    Now that we have that we can calculate how many real life seconds pass for every Sim minute.
    Take your value, in this case 0.025 and x it by 60 (Minutes). This = 1.5. Meaning for each Sim Minute that passes, 1.5 real Seconds pass.
    Now x that by 24 (hours) and you get 36 Minutes for each Sim day.

To get GTA V's time or how ever long you want a day to last we can work just backwards to make it easy.
    Take the amount of time in minutes you want a day to last, in this case I want a day to be 48 minutes long.

48/24(hours) = 2 (Minutes) for every Sim hour that passes.
    2/60(Minutes) = 0.0333333
    0.033333 x 1000 (milliseconds) = 33.333
    Unfortunately we can't add decimals so lets round it down to 33. This is the value you put in

A value of 33 means that for every Sim Minute, 1.98 seconds pass (which is close enough to 2).
    A value of 33 means that 47 Minutes and 31 seconds will pass for each Sim day, which is what I want.

Thanks, I had been using this feature recently so I don’t have to feel so rushed but wasn’t sure on how to figure out how to know how I should set it the achieve what I want.