Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Fun - An Appreciation Thread

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

While I was playing Sims last weekend (as you do on a Sunday) and tinkering away in CAS, I was thinking that today would be a great day to create a (hopefully) fun thread. :smiley:

Since it's almost the weekend and it's always nice to spend time with loved ones during those days off, I thought the topic "family fun" would be a good choice! :love: I'm aware that many of us have been unable to see our families and friends for quite some time now and that can be really tough. Even though this is definitely not the same, I still feel that this situation is even more of a reason to have some wholesome family play in your game enjoy some "family fun" with your Sims!

So, let's celebrate the love that our loved ones give us by showing our favourite "family fun" snapshots!

Needless to say, in this case, "family" can refer to whatever you understand by it: your favourite Sim and their fur babies, a big, multi-generational family, your latest Sim and their bestie(s) (aka their chosen family), your single mum/dad Sim and their cute offspring, your lovey-dovey Sim couple ... whatever you consider to be family!

I'll kick things off - this is my "girl power" family - three generations of strong ladies who are always there for each other and don't take life too seriously. :heart:

tyvkpbzbgvvs.png

I'm looking forward to meeting your Sims families! And, of course, this covers all the Sims titles! :)

- Leeloo

Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member
    cbeyFgi.png
    Sisters sledging together :)

Their first try was not that successful..
    8HsWf8R.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member

Here are some pictures from the Benali family living in Brindleton Bay. Even though Salim is a bit of a lazy sim, he is a great dad and always there for his kids.

X6VUT2V.png
    2qfYrhk.png
    q9uGzM6.png
    zjOTjur.png
    rUKWvHX.png
    SV49JNY.png
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    I’ve been playing with pose packs a lot lately and I was inspired to “toddler-ize” some of my favorite Sims. Here they are playing at the park

Diego Lobo is clogging up the slide while J Huntington III, Don Lothario, and Thorne Bailey try to make him slide down.

y5c1sZL.png

Then they wouldn’t let him sit with them, lol

Here’s (promo Sim) Raj Khemlani, Don Lothario, Thorne Bailey, J Huntington III, and Diego Lobo hanging out

EImU5bO.png

My first Sim, Jasper Sweet’s, parents are the ones caring for all of these babies
    Jeremiah and June Sweet with a bunch of munchkins in the spoiler
    50dOp8e.png

Here is their son Jasper, being the daredevil of the group,

gXT3KGR.png

This group is toddlers of my own YA Sims, not premades. It’s Jasper Sweet under the slide, Bronx Bellamy furthest back, Dash Parker at the top, Lawrence Willis sliding down (he’s the young man in my siggie picture) and Joey Holiday at the bottom of the slide.

MKUzkRL.png
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Mother Daughter Lunch

ZhYmpV6.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Using this thread to celebrate my favorite family's newest member:

"So, uh, I made a little impulse purchase..."

22.04.21_23-44-46tmjew.png

Here we have Daniel Reed returning home, with his husband Gavin waiting for him. The children are Rick Fowler, their foster son (biologically the son of Gavin's boss at the police station), and Peggy Reed, Daniel's daughter via alien abduction. Not shown is their cat, Argus.

Well, and now they also have Plum (That's really her name not the forum swearword replacer. I don't remember if the game suggested this name or if I had the old swearword replacer in mind when I named her). Plum is a horse (technically a cc bicycle) and has a little backstory.

I wanted Daniel and Gavin to enjoy a special weekend together, so I tracked them down in the Sims 3 exchange and put them in my horse ranch save. Since I wanted them to relax, I didn't create their children or the cat.

Here the husbands just rented two horses, the right one being Plum, a foal born on my ranch, that I sold to the community stables:

5a42385c34ee26e8f5b615feaca96c02515313f9.jpg

Plum is "untrained" and "friendly", what resulted in her relationship to Daniel shooting up during the weekend. She even made friends for life with him.

20b047935490c45b426a52384165a791abd6e764.jpg

Now Daniel is very family-orientated, family and loyalty are his key characteristics. Returning Plum to the stable would have made him a traitor in his opinion. He couldn't have lived with that, therefore he returned to Appaloosa Plains and outright bought Plum. As a result the family now has another member in my Sims 4 rotational save.

And as a bonus, I also have my OTP in Sims 2, but they are only in their second year there. There are engaged, don't have children yet, only a kitten by name of Minerva:

b0766f3989e2aa8dd096c110bc20e4f465f6f1ec.png
  • SwanSimmer09SwanSimmer09 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am a new member and cannot really post any pictures or things, but my favorite Sim was probably Riley. She was a male-to-female trans-Sim I had in my first legacy challenge. I loved her as a male but was only using females as the heirs so I decided to have Riley transition. She was so good looking :)
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Family trip to the park :smile:

ZUNar9V.png
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Winter has become my favorite season in the game because of all the fun activities included with Snowy Escape.

Denton decided to take his nephew and niece sledding. Everything started off great.
    Winter-1.jpg

Denton became worried because
    he definitely didn't want his nephew, Tanner, to fall out of the sled. Tanner, on the other hand, was having the time of his little life. Winter-2.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Some pics from my Sims 3 game.

Picnic in the park.
    hq0EibI.jpg

Pillow fight.
    GAn00WB.png

Baking lesson.
    Bp3VZdI.png

Advanced baking lesson.
    qbCW0GX.png

50th Wedding Anniversary celebration.
    mv4CIP5.png
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    You all have beautiful sim families. :love:

I don't know if this counts as "fun" but I wanted to share a picture of this lovely mother-daughter chat. :smile:

oOvi8lA.jpg
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Another one from me, this time we're bowling! Featuring a random who just decided to join us... :lol:

GgzjRWD.png
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    This is a family I'm playing with. Trey, Audra and their daughters Chloé and Tisha.
    J86C9al.jpg

And here are their pets, Tex (German Shepherd), Willow (terrier mix) and Nina the cat. (No idea why Trey is sitting like that).
    qoQFtAr.png
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I’ve been playing with pose packs a lot lately and I was inspired to “toddler-ize” some of my favorite Sims. Here they are playing at the park

Love these!

Enjoying a visit from Grandma.

Sib5d2M.png
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    The Lansem Family, is one of my favorite families in my game. They are the parents Emily and David, and their little daughters Katie, Opal, and Charlotte, they are considered to be the cutest girls at town :)

The Family walks around the Town. The Girls love to be with their teddy bears when they go out
    [img][/img]rGxwWpy.png

At Home, the Girls love their artistic hobbies, like drawing and writing stories
    [img][/img]BAjWNNc.png

They’re sisters and best friends too :)
    [img][/img]qfdwmCh.png

Summer barbeques are always fun for the family.
    Summer-fun.jpg

Another favorite family activity for me is family dinners either at home or at restaurants.
    Dinner.jpg
    Dinner-2.jpg
    Dinner-3.jpg
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    My current family celebrating Chrismas dinner:

familyappreciation.jpg
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Tunia_6381Tunia_6381 Posts: 4 New Member
    how do you post a picture on here? Im new to SIMS 3 TIA
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    You have to have full member status to post pictures. You can post the link if you wish, though. then I can embed the image for you so it can be seen.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,258 Member
    Tunia_6381 wrote: »
    how do you post a picture on here? Im new to SIMS 3 TIA

@Tunia_6381,
    you just need to have 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 24 hours old to become a full member and then you can properly post pictures of your game on this site. The best place to place to get your post count up is over in the Off Topic section where there is several word games that other members have started. Points are gained when other members hit the Insightful, Like or the Awesome button. Once you become a full member, you will need to upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur.com to be able to share them here.

This thread will explain how to share your photos over on this site once you become a full member.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p4

But for now, you can post the link here and someone can properly display your pictures for you...😀
  • princearthurprincearthur Posts: 12 New Member
    I love to do family gameplay! I wish I could make family portraits like in the new trailer!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hauk150 wrote: »
    The Lansem Family, is one of my favorite families in my game. They are the parents Emily and David, and their little daughters Katie, Opal, and Charlotte, they are considered to be the cutest girls at town :)

The Family walks around the Town. The Girls love to be with their teddy bears when they go out
    [img][/img]rGxwWpy.png

At Home, the Girls love their artistic hobbies, like drawing and writing stories
    [img][/img]BAjWNNc.png

[img][/img]qfdwmCh.png

Such a cute family!!! 😁😁😁
    If you are a cc user they have actual teddy bears kids can hold.

I have to add my family to this thread later🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    Hauk150 wrote: »

[img][/img]rGxwWpy.png

[img][/img]BAjWNNc.png

[img][/img]qfdwmCh.png

Cute! @Hauk150 , you can download teddy bears accessories for your child sims to hold them. : ) https://www.google.com/search?q=sims+4+teddy+bear+accessory&sxsrf=ALeKk03sG-UxgAMhxi820P5giSgncso2gw:1621947985843&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiA8KiM8-TwAhWL66QKHS4RAtEQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1536&bih=754
  • Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    I can't post pics but I'm amazed at these. I play on a mac so my graphics are BAD...... These are so cute!