Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 sounding worse everyday šŸ˜‘ UPDATE 7/24/21

Ā«13456711
BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat

Honestly I never had much hope in ts5 because the direction of games are changingšŸ˜¬. The old gaming days are never coming back.
But still I'm a bit dissapointed to see where it's going.

Latest updated info
Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    They are sharing, they could create marketplaces.

What we arm them with and the capabilities and frameworks we arm them with and where they take that I think itā€™s going to be a pretty significant surprise and a pretty exciting time for us as we bring these tools and platforms to market.

If I parse that correctly, they noticed how much money is in cc and want to secure themselves a slice of that cake by providing an official platform where creators can offer their mods to players directly in game. That would probably help enforce the "x weeks payed early access, then free for everyone" policy (which is a good one), but on the other hand it also means they can curate what mods and cc we have access to. One of my favorite pieces is a bike turned into a hose, but it has clipping issues, so EA most likely wouldn't greenlight it. The Landgraabs would also have to kiss goodbye their love lounge and the fall/winter mods I keep current for private use would go out of the shop the moment an official Seasons EP launches. Not ideal for the end user.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    If itā€™s fully multiplayer without that being optional I will bow out of this game at TS4. I will just mod the buh cheeses out of it and load it with cc and play it until I either die or my computer does :D . I have seen how people treat each other in Animal Crossing, trashing islands and configuring game items to call people nasty names and the like. No thanks. Also I do not want to engage in flirty interactions via my sims with someone as a 49 year old adult and find out that the other person is like 13 :s . I just do not see how this can work. I like my solitary experience in The Sims. Also what happens to mod & cc creators. Do they close the game to those? Because you canā€™t feasibly play with someone else who doesnā€™t have the same mods or cc you do. Plus there is the whole unmentionable mod situation that opens up all kinds of disturbing possibilities. Ugh, no, no, no, no, no!!!

O.M.G. That is so disturbing. Romance will be out of the question for me... EA think this through please.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

What we arm them with and the capabilities and frameworks we arm them with and where they take that I think itā€™s going to be a pretty significant surprise and a pretty exciting time for us as we bring these tools and platforms to market.

If I parse that correctly, they noticed how much money is in cc and want to secure themselves a slice of that cake by providing an official platform where creators can offer their mods to players directly in game. That would probably help enforce the "x weeks payed early access, then free for everyone" policy (which is a good one), but on the other hand it also means they can curate what mods and cc we have access to. One of my favorite pieces is a bike turned into a hose, but it has clipping issues, so EA most likely wouldn't greenlight it. The Landgraabs would also have to kiss goodbye their love lounge and the fall/winter mods I keep current for private use would go out of the shop the moment an official Seasons EP launches. Not ideal for the end user.

Ugh :( , I donā€™t want to be dictated to as to what mods I can and cannot have in my game. Itā€™s really sounds like TS4 is the end of the road for me. I donā€™t want people trashing my lots, I donā€™t want to interact with minors online, it all just sounds bleeping awful.

Exactly. The beauty of the sims is the freedom to play how you please. I don't even use crazy mods but I would feel really weird about EA policing every single thing I put in my game. And don't get me started on my past online gaming experience where other people are in your game šŸ˜µšŸ˜µšŸ˜µ I just wanna be left alone in the sims lol
    It's too much money in it though. I don't think anything we say could stop whatever direction they are going.šŸ™„
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Ugh :( , I donā€™t want to be dictated to as to what mods I can and cannot have in my game. Itā€™s really sounds like TS4 is the end of the road for me. I donā€™t want people trashing my lots, I donā€™t want to interact with minors online, it all just sounds bleeping awful.

Exactly. The beauty of the sims is the freedom to play how you please. I don't even use crazy mods but I would feel really weird about EA policing every single thing I put in my game. And don't get me started on my past online gaming experience where other people are in your game šŸ˜µšŸ˜µšŸ˜µ I just wanna be left alone in the sims lol
    It's too much money in it though. I don't think anything we say could stop whatever direction they are going.šŸ™„

No, theyā€™re going to do what theyā€™re going to do, and I am too. I am probably just going to keep play TS4 until itā€™s wheels fall off.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    Everytime multiplayer is talked about in the community almost everyone says that they would not want that and would stick to whatever iteration they're playing now (me included). It's weird if ea don't listen to that and make a multiplayer anyway... i honestly didn't thought about multiplayer when i read that... i thought the platforms and social talk was related to something like the gallery, maybe a bit more improved, with more features. I will be really surprised if they come up with a multiplayer sims 5. Such a disconnection with their players...
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'd probably just get base game to goof around on, but if it really is fully multi-player only, I won't be buying any DLC for Sims 5. I'll just keep on playing 3 and 4 mostly.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    if you went the sims5 to be full offline and single play feel free to sign the petion in my signature if the sims5 go full online i will be sticking to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    if you went the sims5 to be full offline and single play feel free to sign the petion in my signature if the sims5 go full online i will be sticking to the sims4

I'm asking out of curiosity do petitions actually do anything? Because I see a lot of them on Twitter but I've never actually signed one because I wonder if it would actually make a difference?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'll just stick to Sims 3 & Sims 4. And maybe when Paralives comes out & if it's even better than Sims 4.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member

I'm asking out of curiosity do petitions actually do anything? Because I see a lot of them on Twitter but I've never actually signed one because I wonder if it would actually make a difference?

sometime they help depending on the subject its also a way to let companys like ea know that some players are againts some features or againts them
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yeah, I'm getting a little confused now, if they make the sims5 into an online landscape like Fortnite Creative or Roblox, then they can't sell packs anymore, how are players gonna build together if you hide all content behind packs? If I place a hot tub on my lot from my "super fun hot tub pack" and the other player doesn't have that pack, then you are either going to have to make that asset free or hide it, which is just not going to work.

They will have to come up with a really good business model to earn money from this (that everyone is fine with) because I can't see how EA's shareholders are even remotely okay with giving up the billions of money they make from packs every year just so people can play...online?

I'm starting to wonder if they are actually talking about the next step for the sims4 gallery and how they can make it better in the sims5, that sounds more sensible to me.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    šŸ˜‘ I've resigned myself at this point. I try really hard to have 0 expectations for Sims 5 since I'm pretty sure it's not going to be an amazing experience for me. If I even get it at this point. Everything I hear about it makes it less likely I'll bother to buy it. And like, okay, I get it. The franchise is like 20 years old or something. They need to try new things to net the people who haven't shown interest before. But why does it have to be this thing. Multi-player, online, marketplaces...if I wanted to play those types of games, I would play them, not the sims.
  • cherrysyrupsimscherrysyrupsims Posts: 2 New Member
    I genuinely fear that the Sims 5 will be the nail in the coffin on the Sims series that will either leave it without new content, or with a dwindling playerbase. If EA doesn't listen to the community they're going to end up with a game that could possibly cost them their entire franchise. That's a terrifying thought and I really hope they pull their act together and listen.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The Sims 4 Will be the last Sims game I will ever own. Won't buy The Sims 5 if it was online. Why?

1. I don't have a stable internet connection to play it
    2. Lastly it will cost $60 Dollars. Even if the Base game features offline there is no denying that the online part is a major feature of the game. Paying for $60 on a game in which Half of it you will never use sounds bad to me. Specially since the time that they used on creating the online aspect can be used in fleshing out the offline part
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 2021
    Agreed with... essentially this entire thread. I'll still check out trailers and such for TS5, but it's very unlikely I'll get the game. EA's asinine practice of believing that single-player games are losing popularity when so many single player games have reached the top of the charts (Spider Man PS4, God of War PS4, Sekiro, to name a very small few) that I would bet a lot of money that the game will fail. Who'd be dumb enough to bet the opposite is my question, honestly.