Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is every players toughs on this?

just found this link and what are your toughs on this? https://simscommunity.info/2021/04/30/the-sims-5-eas-director-of-studios-talks-about-the-next-generation-sims-game/ will be keeping watch on any new info
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My thoughts are that we will def have sims 5. And they are aware we want more creative tools. Now let's wait and see if they also know that we want a single player game. If sims 5 is made as a single player game from the beginning and they listen to the community it can be a super game...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited April 2021
    It does sound like it will have some part of online component, which we have suspected earlier. I wish the interviewer could have have asked Laura about single player as well.

From what they said, I would guess that they are looking at games where people can build together, like Valheim and Minecraft and are thinking about how they could bring that to the sims.

My guess, they are looking to create shared spaces where people can build and take their sims together, hopefully in a separate environment apart from the normal single player game.

Laura Miele have said in a previous interview that they are going to let their studios have more creative control so hopefully Maxis will do something for people that want to play single player as well.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Interesting.

I think 20 years later we learned a lot about how players interact, what motivates players, how players can come together co-operatively and so as you imagine as we think about the next generation of The Sims it’s SUPER important for us to have the best tools, the most flexibility and for players to really expand on their creativity, remix items and objects in the world. And then to do that together – I think that’s one of our biggest opportunities with The Sims is the social connection component that we need to bring to this brand and this franchise. The team is hard at work on the next generation of that experience.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    I honestly don't know what to tell you.

If the "online" they are talking about is a gallery to share screenshots/videos/stories of our play sessions in The Sims besides the lots and sims themselves, I think that'd be interesting. But if their idea of "online" is to do what they wanted to achieve with TS4, before they had to back track, then not in a million years. I really don't want to be able to control 1 household per save and instead of NPC's it's other people playing around like in Second Life, to hell with that. Definitely don't want a SimsxROBLOX, what a joke, this interviewer doesn't even know or understand what The Sims is.

All I've heard about TS5 thus far is full of major red flags not going to lie.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Yeah I just saw that today too. To me it sounds pretty much like they want to be Second Life's little sister, at least for the "online component" with the whole build together, play with life together, socializing, and a possible Marketplace where creators can share their stuff.

In Second Life there is "game money", and land costs so much "game money" each week to "rent the land" and you either get the "game money" by working jobs in Second Life or you buy the "game money" with RL currency. The Marketplace also requires people to "buy" things with "game money" that creators have made for the game.

And Linden Labs, the owner of Second Life, gets a percentage of all sales on the Marketplace, so it's a win/win for them to have people create.

I'll pass, if I want to play a Second Life type virtual world, I'll just play Second Life, since it's actually geared towards adults and not pre-teens.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It looks like the game is going in a direction that's not for me so I will stick with Sims 4 and if that comes to an end I'll check out some of those mods and CC that I've been avoiding so far. I'll leave 5 to those who are going to like it.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i am keeping watch on info as well but if it turns out to be full nline i will also stick to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Do simmers really want to play together "cooperatively"?
    I'd rather play by myself, and I think a lot of Sims players would agree. I don't care about "social connections" with other players. If I want to connect with other players, I'll jump on the forums or find an online community to chat with, not in-game.
    It's kind of depressing that they're comparing this game to Robloxand and Fortnite. YUCK.

This doesn't look good for the Sims 5. Laura Miele seems to talk a lot about the Sims Online (despite what a failure it was) and other online games affectionally. And Online is definitely where this game is going, no doubt about it.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think an optional online feature or separate online version of the game would be cool, but like everyone else I don't want the sims to turn into IMVU.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Do simmers really want to play together "cooperatively"?
    I'd rather play by myself, and I think a lot of Sims players would agree. I don't care about "social connections" with other players. If I want to connect with other players, I'll jump on the forums or find an online community to chat with, not in-game.
    It's kind of depressing that they're comparing this game to Robloxand and Fortnite. YUCK.

This doesn't look good for the Sims 5. Laura Miele seems to talk a lot about the Sims Online (despite what a failure it was) and other online games affectionally. And Online is definitely where this game is going, no doubt about it.

Lmbo roblox😵😵 I like roblox actually but it's NOTHING like the sims and I wouldn't want a sims game similar to that😶
    plus the games they mentioned are aimed at kids multiplayer..... I don't know... maybe they will turn this into something totally amazing and surprise me. But I kinda feel like they are putting this info out there little by little to get people prepared for the inevitable lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Though she mentioned Sims Online, I’d honestly rather have a Sims 3 Fame interaction were you just sent your sim to visit other players instead of a virtual gathering area with you controlling your sim like an mmo avatar if wanting to meet other players.

I mean it may sound anti-social, but when dealing and socializing with people in RL everyday I play the Sims or other games to relax from all that socializing.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2021
    Interesting.

I think 20 years later we learned a lot about how players interact, what motivates players, how players can come together co-operatively and so as you imagine as we think about the next generation of The Sims it’s SUPER important for us to have the best tools, the most flexibility and for players to really expand on their creativity, remix items and objects in the world. And then to do that together I think that’s one of our biggest opportunities with The Sims is the social connection component that we need to bring to this brand and this franchise. The team is hard at work on the next generation of that experience.

The line where she says the team is hard at work on the next generation of that experience just makes me cringe. I like you all but not that much. And never will. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Cooperative building and world creation tools would be cool, if they also had a single player option. I wouldn't mind if they had an optional hang out tool where your sims could interact as long as it was by invitation only. I'd actually rather a chat option so if my granddaughter and I were playing at the same time we could chat about our games and show each other what we're doing without having to stop playing individually and go to the interactive area. Because she's twelve and doesn't play the game the same way I do. But again, friends only. There might be some people on these forums who I wouldn't mind interacting with in game but I have zero interest at all in having strangers in my sims space.
    And it would still need a robust single player option to be worth the money. That's the part I'd use the most, so if that's not where the devs concentrate their attention it will never be as much fun as previous games.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't know how they're going to keep the "safe place" motto and it being online... did you see how people behave in the spark'd contest? Not adhering to rules and making of it a big mess...?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    No question but that if it goes online it'll have to upgrade the Pegi age to 18 plus, otherwise it might get a lot of the problems we had a few years ago.
    "
    The licence to display the PEGI Online Logo is granted to any online gameplay service provider that meets the requirements set out in the PEGI Online Safety Code (POSC). These requirements include the obligation to keep the website free from illegal and offensive content created by users and any undesirable links, as well as measures for the protection of young people and their privacy when engaging in online gameplay."

https://pegi.info/page/pegi-online
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    No question but that if it goes online it'll have to upgrade the Pegi age to 18 plus, otherwise it might get a lot of the problems we had a few years ago.
    "
    The licence to display the PEGI Online Logo is granted to any online gameplay service provider that meets the requirements set out in the PEGI Online Safety Code (POSC). These requirements include the obligation to keep the website free from illegal and offensive content created by users and any undesirable links, as well as measures for the protection of young people and their privacy when engaging in online gameplay."

https://pegi.info/page/pegi-online

I don't know how they can accomplish all that when we see the filters on the Gallery don't even work right most of the time and don't even have proper filters to sort out size of lots, rooms and or types of Sims etc. I doubt Maxis can meet any of the requirements to make this a smooth experience for anyone. Their track record (even more recently) is flawed and makes me think they can't meet even the simplest of tasks when it comes to online mechanics.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well its still a bit early to say, apart from Sims 5 will definately be a thing and will definitely be more online than Sims 4. Whether it will be as online and monetised as her examples of Roblox and Fortnite, or just have casual drop in Co-Op like Stardew Valley or the Saints Row games is another story. I'm hoping for the Stardew Valley scenario, but not expecting it. I'd also like less mayhem than Saints Row 4, but that level of insanity should be a design goal.

To go off at a tangent, I was just playing Saints Row 2 again and its amazing just how ahead of its time its was with regards to representation, and how casual it was about it. Any character could wear any outfit, and they looked good, well as good as 7 foot muscular dude wearing a corset and fishnets can, but they fitted perfectly, with none of the issues you see with the clothing in Sims 4
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Well its still a bit early to say, apart from Sims 5 will definately be a thing and will definitely be more online than Sims 4. Whether it will be as online and monetised as her examples of Roblox and Fortnite, or just have casual drop in Co-Op like Stardew Valley or the Saints Row games is another story. I'm hoping for the Stardew Valley scenario, but not expecting it. I'd also like less mayhem than Saints Row 4, but that level of insanity should be a design goal.

To go off at a tangent, I was just playing Saints Row 2 again and its amazing just how ahead of its time its was with regards to representation, and how casual it was about it. Any character could wear any outfit, and they looked good, well as good as 7 foot muscular dude wearing a corset and fishnets can, but they fitted perfectly, with none of the issues you see with the clothing in Sims 4

Aw, I LOVE Saints Row 2! It is crazy fun! I think I'll reinstall and play that game right now....

I agree that a co-op format with just your friends would be nice once in a while, but since it's not competitive and wouldn't induce anyone to purchase microtransactions, I don't know if EA would go for that.

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    What are they going to do about romance actions in an online game? This game fan base is a mix of minors and adults. They struggle to keep these forums appropriate. How are they going to keep adult simmers from intentionally or accidentally engaging in romance interactions with underage players? It’s a recipe for trouble.
  • KimberlyForSimsKimberlyForSims Posts: 15 Member
    Once in a group, I saw a theory that it would be like GTA V, where you can switch to online mode at the touch of a button. And this is the most (IMHO) convenient option for me, because I don't really connect Sims and Online, and I'll be able to separate these things. But if the fifth part is really only online, then it will also be in the red for many of my friends
  • TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    My thoughts are, sounds like a 2nd life / IMVU clone...the players will create the stuff that other players buy...and knowing EA, there will be a system that requires players to slow grind for Simoleans, or get them through micro-transactions.
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    "Laura Miele: Yes, a lot of fertile ground for The Sims for sure and the idea that we will build on the tools for people to play with life (thats our brand) and the idea for people to be able to play with life together. We had The Sims Online that came out in 2002 which was around 20 years ago. We certainly were ahead of our time.

I think 20 years later we learned a lot about how players interact, what motivates players, how players can come together co-operatively and so as you imagine as we think about the next generation of The Sims it’s SUPER important for us to have the best tools, the most flexibility and for players to really expand on their creativity, remix items and objects in the world. And then to do that together – I think that’s one of our biggest opportunities with The Sims is the social connection component that we need to bring to this brand and this franchise. The team is hard at work on the next generation of that experience."

Yet another executive stating she *knows* how The Sims players want "the social connection component". It's Sim City 2013 all over again. Sim City was one of the longest-reigning games until this disaster was released as multi-player because an executive *knew* that is what players wanted. It is my worst nightmare that The Sims series is headed down that same dark road.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    All I've heard about TS5 thus far is full of major red flags not going to lie.

I feel the same: major red flags in front of my eyes, and a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I don't know how to tell you guys this, but the next generation of games is going to be all about the free-to-play model with microtransactions, very much doubt EA will deviate from that.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Then we make the most of what we have, this version or the older ones if we have them. The time to choose is fast coming, so choose wisely.