Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculation Thread 2021 (Patch 2 Is Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
FYI
Maxis has confirmed the new hair colors aren't coming in the May Patch but a Latter Patch probably the June one. We do know that 2 hairstyles are being updated in the May Patch one of them the afro that everyone has been begging to see updated. We also know the new Asian eye presets are confirmed for May. I'm guessing we may also get the sectional sofas update either in May or in the June Patch.

Speculate Away
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Have to say, a little disappointed to have to wait that long for the new hair colors. I was really looking forward to them.

That being said, there probably is surprise or two left in the next patch. I am not really sure which of the rumored new features would be included, if any at all. My suspicions depend on if it is the pre-pack patch (which I am not assuming until we start getting pack details), because then the features would theoretically relate.
  • Options
    RenegadeSimmerRenegadeSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    I am super excited about the new hair colors!
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited April 2021
    FYI
    Maxis has confirmed the new hair colors aren't coming in the May Patch but a Latter Patch probably the June one. We do know that 2 hairstyles are being updated in the May Patch one of them the afro that everyone has been begging to see updated. We also know the new Asian eye presets are confirmed for May. I'm guessing we may also get the sectional sofas update either in May or in the June Patch. New Updates coming to some traits in May.

Speculate Away

Where did you see the info about the update to traits?
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited April 2021
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Have to say, a little disappointed to have to wait that long for the new hair colors. I was really looking forward to them.

Yeah I find it very strange that they seem to have got their dates mixed up. I think they’ve found an issue with them after the stream or they tie in with a future pack (not sure what kind of pack that would be though).
  • Options
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    It is time to update some base game plastic hairstyles (I'm talking about you Nina) and flat textures on BB objects. Especially I have a problem with flat doors and base game dressers.

filing_images_0b1fe718261f.jpg

I agree.
  • Options
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    FYI
    Maxis has confirmed the new hair colors aren't coming in the May Patch but a Latter Patch probably the June one. We do know that 2 hairstyles are being updated in the May Patch one of them the afro that everyone has been begging to see updated. We also know the new Asian eye presets are confirmed for May. I'm guessing we may also get the sectional sofas update either in May or in the June Patch. New Updates coming to some traits in May.

Speculate Away

Where did you see the info about the update to traits?

Iron Seagull posted them from his latest info and thoughts but they were mentioned in the whatever that thing was called Maxis released yesterday.

Iron Seagull Video
    https://youtu.be/ZprJt3w1uuA
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Wasn't the trait think a list of updates in the past patch, so it's no longer a secret when people had a chance to experiment for a while?

Anyway, the leaked auto-sofas may or may not be coming the next patch.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    New trait under aspiration, unless it's part of a pack.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I'm still hoping for some new romantic interactions since we have the ability for Sims to relax in bed now. But I highly doubt that it will come with this next patch. I think that we could potentially get a new world at some point though, since it looks like they've been giving little hints about one coming soon.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    The patch will probably be a pre-patch for the next GP or Kit I guess, and we will know what those are in a couple of weeks according to simgurufrost.

It's also not unlikely that they will save a bigger update for June so they can announce that during EA Play Live. So maybe that's when we will see sectional sofas and what they are planning to do with the calendar and the mysterious trait slot.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Nothing content wise. Absolutely nothing but bug fixes. And yet somehow I'll still walk away with expectations being failed to be met, just like this month.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I hope what i have been hoping for the latest updates: that big and very annoying bugs get fixed.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I was hoping the April patch would fix loft beds but alas. So fingers crossed we'll be able to place things across the tiles underneath with the next patch.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Didn't realise the hair colors weren't for the next patch, that's disappointing :/
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Didn't realise the hair colors weren't for the next patch, that's disappointing :/

They said they were in the livestream, and then they changed it. I think that either they realized they weren't going to make it (perhaps because it will be earlier in the month?) or they got enough critical feedback - especially on the black - that they decided to tweak the textures a bit, which put in just enough of a delay that they wouldn't make it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2021
    Speculate Away

off topic but that sounds like sequel to Spirited Away except this time the parents get into heated speculation argument instead and become creepy werewolves and updated babies...

wait what if instead of updated baby we get giant spirited away babies mwahaha
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    It is time to update some base game plastic hairstyles (I'm talking about you Nina) and flat textures on BB objects. Especially I have a problem with flat doors and base game dressers.

filing_images_0b1fe718261f.jpg

I completely agree. Someof the base game hairs really don't fit in with the rest of the game anymore.
  • Options
    maribardellamaribardella Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm guessing the next KIT will have something to do with living room/sofas and that sectional sofas leak will be on the pre-pack patch
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I'm guessing the next KIT will have something to do with living room/sofas and that sectional sofas leak will be on the pre-pack patch

Sectional sofas are quite a big thing that people have been asking for a long time, don't think they will release them in a kit.
  • Options

Maybe it would also include a Lips Sofa. I've been begging for that for a while.
  • Options
    Ok those trait updates have already been done.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

They said they were in the livestream, and then they changed it. I think that either they realized they weren't going to make it (perhaps because it will be earlier in the month?) or they got enough critical feedback - especially on the black - that they decided to tweak the textures a bit, which put in just enough of a delay that they wouldn't make it.

I really hope so, that new black is way too similar to the greying swatch.

I wonder if the update to the Hates Children trait will be in the patch. Hopefully they make it more “try for baby probably won’t work” instead of the wildly unfortunate implications it had before.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I really hope so, that new black is way too similar to the greying swatch.

I wonder if the update to the Hates Children trait will be in the patch. Hopefully they make it more “try for baby probably won’t work” instead of the wildly unfortunate implications it had before.

Yeah, there was a twitter post on it. It will be corrected in the next patch.

I know what they were trying for, but there's no good way to include that with the way they have Woohoo and try for baby coded in the base game.
  • Options
    Since a kit will probably be released this week or the next maybe we will get an early May patch instead of a late May one?