Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCC 1.3.3.

Hello. Hoping someone might be able to help me. I have been using NPCC by Paulson for a while now. It's one of only a few mods that I consider essential to my game. Recently, Paulson updated it. I thought it was working just fine until I sent my sim to college. For some reason, every time I exit the game and go back in, my sim is no longer enrolled in college, and all the progress I made is gone. I spent about 4 hours this morning unloading all mods and reloading them one at a time to see what the cause is for this and narrowed it down to NPCC. I tried to download the earlier version and got the same result. If anyone uses this mod, can you tell me if you have encountered this problem? In the interim, I need a mod to control NPC jobs. Does anyone have a suggestion?
The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    In the interim, I need a mod to control NPC jobs. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    I use this
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/assign-npcs-47253623

Cannot say anything about NPCC, sorry :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Thank you. Do you find that it works ok? I don't want to have to keep re-enrolling my sim in College. :D

The mod I linked? Yes working fine in my game :)

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited April 2021
    @LeGardePourpre , I know that :)

I was only replying to OP about their wishes is there another mod :) Why I linked that mod by Zero :)

I never used NPCC myself, so why I said I have no idea about how it works :)

So is that mod I linked :D

Not ALL in patreon is behind paywall :)

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2021
    So is that mod I linked :D

Not ALL in patreon is behind paywall :)

Yep, Zero never locks mods, they're just hosted on Patreon. People donate because they want to, it's not a requirement.

Personally, I don't use any mod that requires that XML Injector though because it scares me lol idk why.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited April 2021
    Lol. Most script mods use an XML injector. You just don't know it. A lot of modders who know how, write their own injector into their mod. It's how most script mods work. The external one is just for those who either don't know how, or don't feel like making their own.

As for NPCC... he refuses to release his versions to the public. The last version I saw released was almost 2 years ago. He's greedy and breaking EA's rules by permanently locking his mods behind pay walls. I refuse to use anything from him. There are other options. There are BETTER options. I even got a copy of his "paid" version and tried it... it broke my game.

Trust me. The only place for his mods are in the garbage.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    edited April 2021
    NPCC creator should be reported for not making his mods free at some point.
    edited April 2021
    So my problem was relegated to one sim on one save so I believe NPCC is not actually to blame but I did have to remove it temporarily so my sim can finish his degree.

Thanks for your input @Ellupelluellu! I downloaded that mod and will give it a go in a new save and see if I like it better.
    bandit5 wrote: »
    NPCC creator should be reported for not making his mods free at some point.

I don't know if you have to actually be a patron to download it. He probably offers an update earlier for patrons but eventually, everyone can download it.

I used to think like you do but then I had some thoughts on the subject. So who would you report him to? And would you report all the other creators who have paywalls? There is A LOT of them. And honestly, I don't think EA/Maxis would consider enforcing their copyrights against the community that pays their bills and keeps the lights on. See modders make stuff that makes the game more playable for some players which means they continue to play, buy packs and kits, etc. So modders are making a little cash for themselves and for EA/Maxis.

edited April 2021
    most other mod makers release the mod free after all testing is done. The npcc creator does not. and ea tos says they have too make it free at some point. https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/paywalls.png
  • ronlillycroppronlillycropp Posts: 3 New Member
    Is there another mod that allows the micromanagement of NPC Sims to the same degree that NPCC does? Assign NPC Roles doesn't as far as I know and cheat codes certainly does not. I've got almost 300 NPCs all assigned and MCCC tagged so far in my NPCC world. My bartender at 8 Bells is always the bartender at 8 Bells, my librarian at Willow Creek Archive is always the librarian at Willow Creek Archive etc etc. I keep track of them all in a Google Sheet.

Unless there is another mod that does this level of NPC management and control, for me NPCC is well worth the three bucks a month.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    In the interim, I need a mod to control NPC jobs. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    I use this
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/assign-npcs-47253623

Cannot say anything about NPCC, sorry :)

I tried this mod and found it not as effective as NPCC. I still had random sims spawning in places like Sulani.
    edited April 2021
    @Sharonia , that mod alone (assign NPC) does not does not nuke the randoms :) I use it combined with this:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    @Sharonia , that mod alone (assign NPC) does not does not nuke the randoms :) I use it combined with this:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263

Oh sorry. I think I confused it with the no randoms mod.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    You have to use them both.

No random nukes the randoms extremely well. However, it does not assign new roles. That's what the other mod is for. Use both, and you have total control with no new sims spawning.
    gettps wrote: »
    You have to use them both.

No random nukes the randoms extremely well. However, it does not assign new roles. That's what the other mod is for. Use both, and you have total control with no new sims spawning.

Same :)

Is there another mod that allows the micromanagement of NPC Sims to the same degree that NPCC does? Assign NPC Roles doesn't as far as I know and cheat codes certainly does not. I've got almost 300 NPCs all assigned and MCCC tagged so far in my NPCC world. My bartender at 8 Bells is always the bartender at 8 Bells, my librarian at Willow Creek Archive is always the librarian at Willow Creek Archive etc etc. I keep track of them all in a Google Sheet.

Unless there is another mod that does this level of NPC management and control, for me NPCC is well worth the three bucks a month.

I agree. I am glad there are backup choices though.

• BatDoodBatDood Posts: 11 New Member
    > @SimsLady2000 said:
    > I agree. I am glad there are backup choices though.

There really aren't any backup choices. Not on the level of NPCC and Paulson knows it.
    I'd gladly pay the Patreon support but not to a person who defiantly disregards EA's stipulations to pad the wallet.

Pledge support, download the update and then withdraw support before the transaction comes out of your account.

If enough people did this, than maybe Paulson might reconsider business practices.
    making mods for game is a hobby should not be a career.
  • BatDoodBatDood Posts: 11 New Member
    Nice gesture but 1.3.3 is badly broken from the latest game update. NPCC hasn't been updated yet and going by Paulson's track record, it probably won't be coming any time soon.
    I have this mod installed in my game and I don't even remember why or what it does, smh.
  • dlmagee15dlmagee15 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I have this mod installed in my game and I don't even remember why or what it does, smh.

Haha! I know the feeling! Essentially, I populate my saves with my own sims and my own created "other households." I want the game to use MY sims, I want control over what they are assigned to do, and I don't want any sims I didn't control the creation of. NPCC allows me to do all of this.
    dlmagee15 wrote: »
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I have this mod installed in my game and I don't even remember why or what it does, smh.

Haha! I know the feeling! Essentially, I populate my saves with my own sims and my own created "other households." I want the game to use MY sims, I want control over what they are assigned to do, and I don't want any sims I didn't control the creation of. NPCC allows me to do all of this.

Oh yes! Ok now I think I downloaded it to prevent the game from generating new townies when it needs someone to fulfill a community position.