Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Six new hair colors coming in a future patch

13...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yay more swatch colors. That white looks really nice. I tried doing a white recolor and ended up not looking as nice as that one.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m finally glad for a more true white swatch.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I love the new colors :)

Just hoping they would add few to the red hair too :)

This times a million. I do love the ones we're getting, though.

Anyone else not updating until the next patch? This one was so meh, they didn't fix any of the things that are annoying me cough stairs and gardens, EA! cough. If the next one is coming as soon as they say, I think I'll just wait.

I am waiting a bit because of the revamped look for saved files. For the past two or three months I've been putting a personal save file together with sims and buildings from several older saves. I hope to be done in a week or two and plan to purge the list of saves to a smaller list. This was my plan before the patch was released and I think sorting through all the save files will be easier in the old UI. I feel the new UI is aimed towards having very few saves.

Besides there is little in the patch that interests me. One bug fix to get rid of a nuisance that plagued me for over a year. I can wait until the additional haircolors.

Ugh yeah, I can’t stand the new look of the Load Game UI. Don’t understand why it got changed.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »

Anyone else not updating until the next patch? This one was so meh, they didn't fix any of the things that are annoying me cough stairs and gardens, EA! cough. If the next one is coming as soon as they say, I think I'll just wait.

I am waiting a bit because of the revamped look for saved files. For the past two or three months I've been putting a personal save file together with sims and buildings from several older saves. I hope to be done in a week or two and plan to purge the list of saves to a smaller list. This was my plan before the patch was released and I think sorting through all the save files will be easier in the old UI. I feel the new UI is aimed towards having very few saves.

Besides there is little in the patch that interests me. One bug fix to get rid of a nuisance that plagued me for over a year. I can wait until the additional haircolors.

Ugh yeah, I can’t stand the new look of the Load Game UI. Don’t understand why it got changed.

It apparently has something to do with them adding the ability to try packs before you buy them. At least that’s how I understand it, but I admittedly don’t fully grasp the entire thing yet. I hope they will explain it thoroughly when the feature rolls out.
    edited April 2021

It apparently has something to do with them adding the ability to try packs before you buy them. At least that’s how I understand it, but I admittedly don’t fully grasp the entire thing yet. I hope they will explain it thoroughly when the feature rolls out.

Interesting. I wonder why it would be necessary to almost completely change the UI for that feature though? I hope too that they'll clarify it a bit. I mean obviously it isn't the end of the world and doesn't affect gameplay, I just really, really preferred the old version lol.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    Just so you all know it won't be the next patch that these colors will be added. Per Leeloo We’ll also add six new hair colors in a future patch. In our Inside Maxis livestream on 4/27 we stated the colors will be updated in the next patch. However, the update will not happen in the upcoming but in a future patch instead. We apologize for any confusion.
    edited April 2021
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    Just so you all know it won't be the next patch that these colors will be added. Per Leeloo We’ll also add six new hair colors in a future patch. In our Inside Maxis livestream on 4/27 we stated the colors will be updated in the next patch. However, the update will not happen in the upcoming but in a future patch instead. We apologize for any confusion.

Oh, aw! It did seem during the livestream that the new hair colors were being previewed for the next upcoming patch, but I guess that was a mistake. Disappointing, but I did feel like the colors we saw could use a tad more polishing, so it's probably for the best! Anyway, thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen that.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I keep looking and the first and last white hairs...,.what is the difference between the two? I’m assuming one is supposed to be grayer.... but I can’t even tell which one.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I keep looking and the first and last white hairs...,.what is the difference between the two? I’m assuming one is supposed to be grayer.... but I can’t even tell which one.

1st is a true white.

2nd is a very platinum blonde.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ausmavsfanausmavsfan Posts: 2 New Member
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    edited April 2021
    The new black looks tinged with gray against her skin and her skin isn't even that dark.

We need a black swatch for very dark sims. They gave us these new, beautiful dark tones but the current black swatch looks ridiculous on them. And we need a graying swatch for the red hairs.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm really happy about this!! I never used non cc hair because the colors bothered me. And I'm thrilled for the East Asian eyes!!! My East Asian sims are going to be super happy. 😄😄I always fought to get suitable eyes.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Thank you for the pictures. The hair colors look good, I wish they could have shown them on more hairstyles though.

The last update broke cc chairs, I hope that this update will not break cc hairs...

Not my cc hairs👀 don't say thay about 698 cc hairs 😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I know we already had this info leaked, so it isn't "new", but I grabbed screenshots of the upcoming new hair colors they previewed during the livestream and figured I'd share them here in case anyone didn't catch the stream. :)

NIfddX4.png
    KDYyO5s.png
    Rfybsq3.png
    UC5ZfmQ.png
    KCRF3Tv.png
    4OpqqfV.png

i can't tell with that hairstyle. the problem is that each curl has a lot of white on it. is there a better hairstyle to get a better idea of these colours?
    edited April 2021
    Hoverael wrote: »
    I know we already had this info leaked, so it isn't "new", but I grabbed screenshots of the upcoming new hair colors they previewed during the livestream and figured I'd share them here in case anyone didn't catch the stream. :)

NIfddX4.png
    KDYyO5s.png
    Rfybsq3.png
    UC5ZfmQ.png
    KCRF3Tv.png
    4OpqqfV.png

i can't tell with that hairstyle. the problem is that each curl has a lot of white on it.

Yeah, I also thought that hairstyle was maybe not the best choice to show off the new colors. It's a nice hairstyle, but the curls do seem to have a lot of highlighting on them that makes the colors look different than they would on a lot of other hairstyles. I took a few screenshots comparing that hairstyle to a different one using two existing hair colors for an example:

X5IsE6m.png
    msAW58b.png
    ZitVOIt.png
    tMW7Zyd.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so love the beautful new White, Blonds & Light Brown hair colors that will come into the Sims 4 game. Now, they just have to come up with a pretty Strawberry Blond & Deep Burgandy Wine hair colors.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The new black looks tinged with gray against her skin and her skin isn't even that dark.

We need a black swatch for very dark sims. They gave us these new, beautiful dark tones but the current black swatch looks ridiculous on them. And we need a graying swatch for the red hairs.
    Yeah was mentioning it with some Simmers how the black hair there are three tones for it in real life like with the makeup tones, there is a warm, neutral, and cool tone. Black and white hair is probably the hardest to make right. I have dabbled in recoloring hair myself with the Sims 4. I think that is one of the things I miss most about the Sims 3 was the hair customization with the tips, highlights, and roots with recoloring hairs. I was hoping it would have been upgraded to more modern tools with the Sims 4 back then thinking about the future then.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RenegadeSimmerRenegadeSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    I am happy to see there will be more options for blondes now. Would have liked to have seen more variety for the redheads. And I was really hoping for some new bright colors like a nice dark purple, a lavender, and more shades of blue and green. Also, more ombre options would be nice or even secondary highlights on the hair. That would be fun especially for the teen Sims. Lol
  • pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member

Wait what? Where did you read this? If this is the case it makes me so disappointed. I was so looking forward getting my hands on the new hair colours in the next patch 😭 already been starting to cleaning out my cc hairs for this patch

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited April 2021
    pallies1 wrote: »

Wait what? Where did you read this? If this is the case it makes me so disappointed. I was so looking forward getting my hands on the new hair colours in the next patch 😭 already been starting to cleaning out my cc hairs for this patch

Unfortunately this is mentioned in the Sim 411 recap posted by EA_leeloo. So it seems official. Too bad because I was looking forward to more hair colours.
    You can read it here: (scroll down to the part about Next Patch Sneak Peek )
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989333/sims-411-recap-inside-maxis-27th-april-2021#latest
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So nice to finally have a lighter brown that is not reddish and that white hair is going to get so much use from my elders probably some of my younger Sims as well. If only they added a more toned down natural red and a dark brown hair besides that I'm pretty happy with this update truly a update for all or almost all as they should have been doing all along. But seriously EA show those red heads some love because that clown red we have is not it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2021
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So nice to finally have a lighter brown that is not reddish and that white hair is going to get so much use from my elders probably some of my younger Sims as well. If only they added a more toned down natural red and a dark brown hair besides that I'm pretty happy with this update truly a update for all or almost all as they should have been doing all along. But seriously EA show those red heads some love because that clown red we have is not it.
    pallies1 wrote: »

Unfortunately this is mentioned in the Sim 411 recap posted by EA_leeloo. So it seems official. Too bad because I was looking forward to more hair colours.
    You can read it here: (scroll down to the part about Next Patch Sneak Peek )
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989333/sims-411-recap-inside-maxis-27th-april-2021#latest

Thank you for the clarification and link! Yes it’s too bad. We have to cross our fingers for that patch not being too far away.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Hmm the only hair colour I’ve ever missed is a dirty blond/ mouse-y colour. I don’t really get the other new shades (don’t we already have white, bleach blonde, black etc?), especially with everyone moaning about budget restrictions all the time but ok, happy for simmers who wanted them 🙌

I want to know if they are ever gonna continue with overhauling the Bb swatches? They did the doors and left it at that 🙈
  • OunceOunce Posts: 4 New Member
    > @TheSpotted_C said:
    > The new black looks tinged with gray against her skin and her skin isn't even that dark.
    >
    > We need a black swatch for very dark sims. They gave us these new, beautiful dark tones but the current black swatch looks ridiculous on them. And we need a graying swatch for the red hairs.

Yeah, I could not agree more. A lot of current hair looks too bizarre on the darker skintones in game and I'm hoping the new hair swatches mend this issue.