Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited April 2021
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my 30s. I started with TS3, but TS4 is what really captured me into The Sims. TS4 is my favorite game.
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • LilMoonLilMoon Posts: 18 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my 20s & have been simmig for over a decade <3
    Lx0wdtT.png
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Early 30s and been simming since TS1!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    But I'm on the younger/fitter side.😂
  • NovemberThursdayNovemberThursday Posts: 5 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my mid twenties. Started playing as a child towards the end of the TS1-era. Played a LOT of TS2 and TS3 back in the days. TS3 is probably my favorite gameplay wise but when I play now a days (not that often) I'll play TS4 to try out new EPs. TS2 is probably the most nostalgic though as that was when I played the most, I remember being like 10-11 and making sims 2 music videos and writing legacy stories, that excitement for the game is sadly gone now...
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I’m 52 and have been playing since SimAnt, back in 1991. That’s 30 years.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I wonder if this poll has any representative value but 60%+ of YA and only 11% of teens sounds strange considering the game is marketed toward teens.
    On the other hand, it makes perfect sense if a major part of the playerbase started with TS1.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    60+
    I wonder if this poll has any representative value but 60%+ of YA and only 11% of teens sounds strange considering the game is marketed toward teens.
    On the other hand, it makes perfect sense if a major part of the playerbase started with TS1.

I think it has more to do with the majority of teens and ya's not being on this forum. They are on other forms of social media that appeal more to their generation.

So I don't believe this poll truly represents the actual percentages of age groups playing the sims.
  • sofiathesimheadsofiathesimhead Posts: 12 New Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    Wow, didn’t expect such a little amount of teens! I just got the Sims 4 about 2 months ago, and I’ve never played any of the previous version before because I was a teeny tiny child when they were out. I’m enjoying playing right now but would've been happy to be a bit older when the first few versions came out just to experience it!
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2021
    40-59 Years of Age
    Definitely in my mid-40s.
    Playing since the first Sims game released and played one of the Sim City games before that. (Think it was the original but it was a while ago and my memory is not what it use to be.)
    Was not able to play much of Sims 2 because trying to play the game on a mac annoyed me. (It was a mac primarily used for work and school.) I didn't own a PC from 2005 till the end of 2016 (though I did have some access to one here and there) so I missed out on Sims 3 when it came out initially. I bought both Sims 3 and Sims 4 around the same time in 2017.
    I'll just say there's a Beatles song that will reflect my age on my next birthday. It's a jaunty little tune Paul wrote for his father who had just reached that age.
    Is it bad that I almost instantly knew the song and I am not even much of a Beatles fan?
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I'm glad this got bumped again, because I think I only recognize maybe 25% of the Simmers who voted?
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I will probably stop with sims 4. Been simming since sims 1. Although I did say I would stop with 3, but think I am pretty sure this time ;)
  • JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Just turned 42 and I’ve also been playing since the original sims came out and I was in my early 20s. I’ve played every iteration of them and will continue to play them even when I’m older and wrinklier
  • CBSSDHCBSSDH Posts: 20 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 29 and I've only been playing since the sims 2 came out. Recently I have convinced my 59 year old mother to play. She loved interior designing so I showed her all the things she can do in the sims. After I assured her that even if all she wanted to do was build, that there are plenty of people who are the same way. I think its great to see some older people like my mother who prove that with this game, how young/old you are you might be able to find something to do in the sims!
  • LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I hardly see any other teenagers on here, so it’s amazing looking on here and seeing there’s a few of us! 👍🏻

Yes! I'm glad there are some in the community!
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    I'm a teen too. I always liked to play sims, i started playing it when i was a little kid :)
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    60+
    I'm sorry I missed the actual voting on this :/ I'm 75...yes, 3/4 of a century....I started The Sims 1 when my youngest daughter brought Sims 1 into my house with a "look at this". Well, I never stopped looking. My husband's biggest worry is that something will go wrong with my Sims game and he'll have to hear all about it. In fact, he backs up the game after every time I play it. :) Yeah, I can be a real pain if something goes haywire with my Sims :wink:
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    60+
    @ClaimingTheFifth I wish I had someone to back up my games for me too. This thread has been going for over two and a half years now and probably a lot of Simmers from April 2019 are now in the next age group and this group would be larger! :)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    60+
    Simburian wrote: »
    @ClaimingTheFifth I wish I had someone to back up my games for me too. This thread has been going for over two and a half years now and probably a lot of Simmers from April 2019 are now in the next age group and this group would be larger! :)
    Yeah, my oldest daughter ( who also plays the sims 4 ) crossed over the 40 line within this time too.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I'm sorry I missed the actual voting on this :/ I'm 75...yes, 3/4 of a century....I started The Sims 1 when my youngest daughter brought Sims 1 into my house with a "look at this". Well, I never stopped looking. My husband's biggest worry is that something will go wrong with my Sims game and he'll have to hear all about it. In fact, he backs up the game after every time I play it. :) Yeah, I can be a real pain if something goes haywire with my Sims :wink:

This is so funny. 😄
    60+

Good to know that I'm not the OG at 67. :p
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    25, started off by playing Bustin' Out and The Sims 1 on PS2. Both those games still have a charm to them and I do want to revisit them sometime.
    they/them or she/her
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    60+

Ha ha no you're not. I'm 68.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    60+
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Ha ha no you're not. I'm 68.

I'm feeling younger already! :p
  • Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    60+
    66 yrs old. Been playing since the Sims 1.