Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Six new hair colors coming in a future patch

Comments

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I love the new colors :)

Just hoping they would add few to the red hair too :)

This times a million. I do love the ones we're getting, though.

Anyone else not updating until the next patch? This one was so meh, they didn't fix any of the things that are annoying me cough stairs and gardens, EA! cough. If the next one is coming as soon as they say, I think I'll just wait.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member
    Anyone else not updating until the next patch? This one was so meh, they didn't fix any of the things that are annoying me cough stairs and gardens, EA! cough. If the next one is coming as soon as they say, I think I'll just wait.

I always wait, it needs to be a pack what is something "I must have" , before I agree updating :D (means I do not even have bunk beds yet :) )

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Beautiful. Can't wait to get these.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member

I always wait, it needs to be a pack what is something "I must have" , before I agree updating :D (means I do not even have bunk beds yet :) )

Ahh! You're strong, I could never wait that long. I usually just wait a few days to make sure my main mods get updated. I have put bunkbeds EVERYWHERE :p
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Finally! Some normal looking hair colors! This is right up there with my top updates!
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Not looking forward to all my favorite CC hair probably breaking but meh, I'll cross that bridge when the time comes :D

Oh nooo I hadn't even thought of that :D I use CC hair most of the time these days so yeah, it won't feel good saying goodbye to old favorites if they get broken and the creator is no longer updating.

Default replacements might suffer, but as far as I know, others should be ok. I could be wrong, but I sure hope I'm not. :o

@VeeDub That's good to know, I don't really understand how this all works. I want to be so excited about new hair colors, but CC hair is my weakness, and it would be very difficult for me to have that stop working. So basically you're saying that all CC hair would be fine, but wouldn't have any new color options essentially, unless the CC creator updated them?

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, that's how it should work out. I haven't seen any reports of broken CC hairs yet, so hopefully all will be well with them. I'm with you on the CC hair weakness, lol. I rely on them in my game even though I also use some Maxis ones as well.

Agreed, if this update messed up CC hairs, that would be extremely difficult to deal with. I am also thinking Alpha hairs will be fine, but I am wondering if this update will also apply to Maxis-match CC hairs or we'll have to update them ourselves. Still, I am pleased with this update. I hated that blue tinge to the black hair colors. I wonder if this update will keep the blue tinge or replace it completely. I do know there are some folks that like the dim blue color.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I am going to spend so much time fixing the hair colors of my Sims. I tend to make Sims based on characters, and the hair we have isn't a perfect match to them, so this will enable me to get closer to their character.
    Also, I really hope we get color sliders, or color wheels down the line, so we can create out own custom hair like we got to do for skin tones.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Oh thank god because making sims with my hair color is so impossible currently but that blonde looks like my hair color finally
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    If we get the hair color update, I hope the CC hairs don't get broken as a result. I do like the new colors, but I still don't see very light brown hair (the color that sometimes looks blondish in broad sunlight).

I imagine S4S will release a batch fix updating CC hairs with the new colours, just like they did with CC makeup and the opacity slider.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @aaronjc123 That would require masking 6 new textures for each hairstyle, and I’m not sure if batch fixes can do that. :/
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I'm disappointed, because they're all normal colors. I want some truly putrid, revolting options for my Sims....
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @aaronjc123 That would require masking 6 new textures for each hairstyle, and I’m not sure if batch fixes can do that. :/

It’s all beyond me I’m afraid so I honestly have no idea.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I think some cc creators use photoshop actions for swatches, so they’ll probably have to wait until someone updates those to include the new swatches.

I wonder what this’ll mean for recolours like the Sugarbox Defaults.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    Also, I really hope we get color sliders, or color wheels down the line, so we can create out own custom hair like we got to do for skin tones.

Yeah, same. Also would like the ability to change the secondary color on certain hairs like the ones with ombré versions.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    This is so exciting! A dream come true!
    Now if we could just get ombre colors for every hairstyle.😫
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Those new hairstyles won't get my sims up the stairs though. :D
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Number 2,5,6 look to me like colors already in game. Maybe because of hair.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I might let my blonde child age up once these new colours hit, I've been putting it off for months as the colour we have now just looks off to me.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Did anyone else get an update right now? My game just downloaded a new patch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Same here.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Apparently it's this:
    Heya Simmers!

The team got wind of some issues caused by some cheeky Gnomes that were not treating some of our backend right on PC and macOS... who knew? What were they doing? We can’t really say, but we sure put a stop to that. Rest assured.

Note: No Gnomes in Build Mode were affected or used to combat these ailments.

-SimGuruRusskii

Intriguing...
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I love the new colors :)

Just hoping they would add few to the red hair too :)

This times a million. I do love the ones we're getting, though.

I am waiting a bit because of the revamped look for saved files. For the past two or three months I've been putting a personal save file together with sims and buildings from several older saves. I hope to be done in a week or two and plan to purge the list of saves to a smaller list. This was my plan before the patch was released and I think sorting through all the save files will be easier in the old UI. I feel the new UI is aimed towards having very few saves.

Besides there is little in the patch that interests me. One bug fix to get rid of a nuisance that plagued me for over a year. I can wait until the additional haircolors.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm spoiled by the color swatch mod but more hair colors and more options in general is never a bad thing. Though we should have a color wheel for these items from the start, this is something at least.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • nativehyunnativehyun Posts: 10 New Member
    Life is better in color🎵(By Lizzo)