Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    edited April 2021
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I just check the vote stats for the challenge and LOL I AM ROLLING here ... we have a STRAIGHT up TIE for first place in ALL 4 authors - #idie - it is tight (as usual) for the Veterans

Ahahaha, oh man, this contest could definitely use some more buzz. As always, it was hard to pick just three!

(Love the April theme. I'm planning a parody of a certain '60s sci-fi TV show; does "doodoodoodoo, doodoodoodoo" count as two words, or eight? Similar question for "BAAAAAAM, BABABABABAM.")

(Edit: ... I just realized "could use some buzz" was in response to Lisabee. Pun not intentional, I swear)
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • krystalgamer1krystalgamer1 Posts: 9 New Member
    Here's my entry for April 2021: "Who's the Fool?"

https://www.clchick.com/whos-the-fool

Thanks for running the challenge, Lisa!
    I just check the vote stats for the challenge and LOL I AM ROLLING here ... we have a STRAIGHT up TIE for first place in ALL 4 authors - #idie - it is tight (as usual) for the Veterans

Ahahaha, oh man, this contest could definitely use some more buzz. As always, it was hard to pick just three!

(Love the April theme. I'm planning a parody of a certain '60s sci-fi TV show; does "doodoodoodoo, doodoodoodoo" count as two words, or eight? Similar question for "BAAAAAAM, BABABABABAM.")

(Edit: ... I just realized "could use some buzz" was in response to Lisabee. Pun not intentional, I swear)

We are getting some good twitter BUZZZZZ right now (Sorry that gave me a great ROFL) .. I try hard for FB (but it out to dozens of groups) the prob is that the ZUCbots have been shutting me down (the offer to boost my posts if I only pay them a mere $10 a day. "We" all need to own this and push it where we live .. REDDIT .. Tumblr .. FB .. Twitter .. Discord .., Insta .. forums

AND i think they are 2 words <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Here's my entry for April 2021: "Who's the Fool?"

https://www.clchick.com/whos-the-fool

Thanks for running the challenge, Lisa!

you are so very welcome .. it is so fab!

BTW don't forget you need to add your participation banner so I know which one you are entering and so those who vote will do it in the right poll
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    One more day for the vote .. and it is still quite tight
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Do we need a FB group to facilitate easier conversations (not page - we have one and they are not optimal for conversations)? We have a discord and a Twitter but I know not all of you use those .. let's hear your thoughts.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • krystalgamer1krystalgamer1 Posts: 9 New Member
    Twitter is the one that I'm on the most. Discord probably a distant second, then Tumblr after that.

Banner? If you're talking about the image that says "Participant Novice" or "Participant Veteran," it appears the link to those banners has been deleted???
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    So, I'm unsure of this month's theme and I'm wondering if someone can give me a couple examples? I was thinking maybe "sim a does something stupid" or "sim a pranks sim b", but I'm not sure if that fits the theme or not.

I also didn't know there was a discord server lol I just joined it. I don't use any social media (I have a tumblr but haven't touched it in over a year, and a facebook that I really only use for photo storage and messenger lol).
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @AnnoyingTiger: it can be any of those and even more. Like as tangential as they come. It was a theme a couple years ago as well and I decided to write about an unlucky tarot reader (since "The Fool" is a card) My other favorite tangent is that "fool" is also an old-timey fruit + custard dessert.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Twitter is the one that I'm on the most. Discord probably a distant second, then Tumblr after that.

Banner? If you're talking about the image that says "Participant Novice" or "Participant Veteran," it appears the link to those banners has been deleted???

OHH let me go check
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Results for March are posted ...

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge: March 2021 Theme Submissions & Top Reader’s Choices

I will be messaging you the banner links
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger

Wow you are correct it says it was deleted BUT it was not .. I put the link back in place (it is the same one so I hope it goes. Keep me posted. I really think WP is on crack sometimes ... the next line down is underlined (not by me & it will not allow me to remove the underline).

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited April 2021
    So, I'm unsure of this month's theme and I'm wondering if someone can give me a couple examples? I was thinking maybe "sim a does something stupid" or "sim a pranks sim b", but I'm not sure if that fits the theme or not.

I also didn't know there was a discord server lol I just joined it. I don't use any social media (I have a tumblr but haven't touched it in over a year, and a facebook that I really only use for photo storage and messenger lol).

I went back and looked up some quotes on fools and a few old fables I like .. BUT fool can be interpreted in many ways .. a fool for love .. a wise fool .. a brazen folly .. you can also fool someone .. pranksters or a twist like @krystalgamer1's story <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Results for March are posted ...

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge: March 2021 Theme Submissions & Top Reader’s Choices

I will be messaging you the banner links

Congrats everyone! All super fun stories to read this month. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    Wow, the votes for Novice were so close! Congratulations on putting yourselves out there, and congratulations to the veteran winners too! Y'all wrote some great stories!

I've finished my April post (Eyes Up for the Prophet) and have never had much success with social media, but will try my best to promote anyway. Maybe pictures will help, maybe we'll get some people from the comic, who knows?

spinny_door.png

(doodoodoodoo doodoodoodoo)
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Here's my entry for April: Conservationist

I talk about this challenge a lot on twitter, but I don't have many followers so... :joy:
  • TheSimsStorybookTheSimsStorybook Posts: 12 New Member
    Here We go again 🙈 I'll be in novice. I can't make a link and I still can't place that banner, but it's all around my instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNmmlKCFTdr/?igshid=qatxb7z3nb05
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Here you go @TheSimsStorybook. :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • SimplyMissKellySimplyMissKelly Posts: 3 New Member
    So I've spent the past couple of weeks trying to figure out what to write for this month and I've finally done it lol. https://misskellysims.wordpress.com/2021/04/20/beckys-big-break/
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    I have been so busy with too many sims things on the go, and a lot of work overload with covid pushing the limits for us in healthcare here in Ontario, Canada. Anyway, I was worried, but I'm good. I got most of my screenshots done today and I'm still in, and as always I can't wait to read the other stories. I didn't promote as much this month, but I do hope we have more new writers returning and some new entries.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited April 2021
    Well I managed to squeeze this in. I was worried I wouldn't, but happy to be here. I hope you enjoy my silly little foolish fairy tale.

fool-frog-banner.jpg?w=1024

Read it HERE
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    musteni wrote: »
    Here's my entry for April: Conservationist

I talk about this challenge a lot on twitter, but I don't have many followers so... :joy:

How many followers you have is secondary to being excited and engaged with the ones you have <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm back! I've been taking a break from writing fiction--but I've been writing poetry for NaPoWriMo all month (just not posting it) and I wrote an essay for this month's challenge. This is actually my favorite theme of all time, so I'm super looking forward to reading everyone's entries!

Here's mine: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2021/04/28/choose-your-own-archetype-the-fool/
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!