Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims causing fire every time they cook no matter cooking level?

CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
So my sims are causing a fire now every time they cook, use a stove/oven/grill and doesn't matter how high their cooking skill is! At least with the current household that I'm playing! Idk if this has to do with a recent patch or because I just got Eco Living and a few other packs to. Is this happening with anyone else? And yes I've noticed we have firemen now. Is that the cause? lol.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I have that happen on the really expensive stove (which is extra irritating) but only in a haunted house. Thankfully I have a witch sim and she repairs it with magic so I don’t have to pay for a new one every time. It’s really, really frustrating though. The butler tries to cook entirely too much so there’s always a fire.
  • Options
    I haven't tried the other ovens yet but yeah its the most expensive oven "the Schmapple" and most expensive outdoor grill "the incendiator" on which the fires are happening all the time!
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Have you checked your lot trait to make sure it isn't the Cursed lot trait?
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    If you picked up the house from the gallery check for the cursed lot trait as Chicklet453681 said, if it isn't it may have once been set to cursed and has lingered on. Had this happen. You could try moving your household to a new lot and see if they can cook w/o burning the house down.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I moved a family of Sims into one of the worlds we got with the game, and I have a Sim that sets fire to everything she cooks, ALL THE TIME. I don't know if I gave her a clumsy trait or not, so I don't know if that is a factor into why she sets the stove on fire. Her sister, who was a mage, is thankfully there to put it out and repair the stove.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Hmmm, well it does seem to be on that only lot that I was playing because I tried other houses and it didn't occur. But its strange because it never happened before only until just this week! Also the lot doesn't have the curse trait on it or any traits at all but it was from the gallery.
    Post edited by CareyEve36 on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top