Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April 27th Patch Out Now!

Comments

• GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    edited April 2021
    NO NO NO!!! Why did they have to change it? I do not like it one bit.

Whenever I save a game I make a new save and call it a digit after the old one, and now the save box hides the previous save so I cannot see what numbers and letters are in it. And I can't quickly see all my recent saves on one screen, you have to scroll down. It is NOT an improvement at all. May we please have the old one back?
    I do the same. This was NOT an improvement. I always name my saves XxxxXxxx 01, XxxxXxxx 02, XxxxXxxx 03, and so on... And I use different names for different themed hoods, but always numbered according to progress.

I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    So nothing interesting enough to make me load the game again... let's see what the new pack is and when will it be out...
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    so still no fix to my sim having like 8 active lifestyles and still being stress out about not going to work even when I have used lifestyle coaching to remove the lifestyle....cool cool cool. I'll just be over here with my workaholic sim's stressed out about
    not going to work on days they aren't supposed to be at work.

Love this comment!

When lifestyles first came out I thought workaholic was great because it helped get promotions so much more quickly, but now that this issue is rearing its ugly head, I cringe if the notification comes up that they developed that lifestyle because I know I have to deal with this mess of a glitch!

Gurus, please fix this as soon as possible!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    They fixed my most pressing bug. 😄

Nifty Knitting
    Fixed an issue in which the expiration timer for items listed on Plopsy was not appearing.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    For heaven's sake fix cooking, gardening and stairs already! These are the things most simmers are crying out for.

THIS.

Surprised nobody else is complaining about that patch list..

Ps New hair?? Ok, Can we only have original hairstyles moving forward? I’m tired of slight variation cuts..
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sofas that automatically build a corner.

Oh I would love to have those. I didn't watch the live stream but from the sounds of it I didn't miss much.

I'm going to stick with playing my Sims 3 game for now.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I preferred the old save select screen. I can understand the team wanting to provide the save information without having to click, but I liked the old thumbnail view. It's not bad, though.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Wow, I do not care for the new Load Game menu. Like at all, lol. It's not that it's technically bad, I guess, I just strongly prefer the old one.

NO NO NO!!! Why did they have to change it? I do not like it one bit.

Whenever I save a game I make a new save and call it a digit after the old one, and now the save box hides the previous save so I cannot see what numbers and letters are in it. And I can't quickly see all my recent saves on one screen, you have to scroll down. It is NOT an improvement at all. May we please have the old one back?

I really don't understand why they have to mess with stuff like that when there is so much else that needs attention.

Because they don't have the right staff who knows how to fix that broken stuff. If they did, they would keep releasing more bugs with each patch. Notice how most of the updates are graphical and not programmable?
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Did someone get a picture of the new hair colors today? On YouTube, several videos pointed out the question mark in the space under the aspiration. That would make a good speculation thread if someone captured it and wants to start one.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    edited April 2021
    telemwill wrote: »
    Did someone get a picture of the new hair colors today? On YouTube, several videos pointed out the question mark in the space under the aspiration. That would make a good speculation thread if someone captured it and wants to start one.

@telemwill you can see the hair colors here.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989278/six-new-hair-colors-coming-in-the-next-patch/p1
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 254 Member
    Good work as usual Sims coders.
    Not a thing we needed fixed, and like Galactic Gal first edit of a newly placed residence and instacrash of my PC.
    Not just a blue screen but a full blown bang like pulling the plug crash.

Back to the drawing board.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They deleted Spark’d apparently. To be honest it was annoying because most of the sims and builds posted on it weren’t even fitting the challenge theme or respecting the rules (custom poses etc).
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    They deleted Spark’d apparently. To be honest it was annoying because most of the sims and builds posted on it weren’t even fitting the challenge theme or respecting the rules (custom poses etc).

Good, I think that's for the best.
  • LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    Glad to see Spark'd go.

Why would they mess with the saves menu though? I don't understand that decision at all.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member

I won't miss spark'd but I wonder why it isn't mentioned anywhere. I thought part of the reason for patch notes is to log all changes. Guess I was wrong.

What I don't understand why the saves menu is changed. I preferred the previous look with more saves visible.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I won't miss spark'd but I wonder why it isn't mentioned anywhere. I thought part of the reason for patch notes is to log all changes. Guess I was wrong.

What I don't understand why the saves menu is changed. I preferred the previous look with more saves visible.

My guess is they were too embarrassed to admit what a flop it was :D:D

"Oh, Spark'd? What's that? Oh, that never really existed. It's just your imagination playing tricks on you!"
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

My guess is they were too embarrassed to admit what a flop it was :D:D

"Oh, Spark'd? What's that? Oh, that never really existed. It's just your imagination playing tricks on you!"

You are probably right
    edited April 2021

Cheers for this!🥂 Finally realized the mistake spark'd was. Never understood how nobody inside hadn't avoid that embarassement...
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Does anyone have a picture of the way the saves screen looks after the patch? I haven’t updated yet and this concerns me (I have a lot of saves), and I was thinking of maybe going in and renaming my saves if that will help.. any advice on this? I keep a lot of backup copies of my saves, as well as various “new save” templates that I would like to keep organized.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a picture of the way the saves screen looks after the patch? I haven’t updated yet and this concerns me (I have a lot of saves), and I was thinking of maybe going in and renaming my saves if that will help.. any advice on this? I keep a lot of backup copies of my saves, as well as various “new save” templates that I would like to keep organized.

here you go :)
    eoNyqx5.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @hyrulerose
    Thank you so much!!
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have the base game on my PC, and pretty much all of the game on my PS4. My PC updated to the new save file system, but my PS4 save files are still in thumbnail form at the moment
    One thing, is that is is nice we got a new hairstyle, but they still haven't fixed the one base game hairstyle that looks like a huge onion.
    Also, not sad to see Spark'd go, people didn't really follow the rules for it, and the whole concept was kind of weird. I saw all four episodes, and the Sims doesn't lend well to a reality show, especially the direction they were taking it. If they redid the concept, they should really break down the game and give the history of the series, and the drama they tried to stir up fell flat too.
    That said, I can't wait to see the new hair colors, and I am curious about the new packs and kit.
    Also, I hope more stuff is fixed soon on the technical level, these fixes are fine, but there is more that needs to be overhauled.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member

Was wondering what the missing tab was, had a feeling it had been something redundant and/or meaningless, seems I was right.
    The cake is a lie
  • witchypiewitchypie Posts: 18 Member
    When I can load my game without getting stuck on the loading screen forever before crashing, I look forward to the new hair colours & styles. It is frustrating to be in a routine of "Update! Patch for update. Patch for patch..." but hopefully it'll be fixed soon. (it is not my computer, it is the game itself.)
    witchypie wrote: »
    It is frustrating to be in a routine of "Update! Patch for update. Patch for patch..." but hopefully it'll be fixed soon. (it is not my computer, it is the game itself.)

This routine is killing me. Specially because i can't play without mods. Actually i can't play without many many mods just to fix the game...