Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next GP and Kit Guesses?

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    If it's a GP it's probably just the high school if it's that. My issue with the active type careers of TS4 is how extremely repetitive they can get with the awful event tab goals. "Pick three apples" type gameplay... isn't really gameplay imo. What makes the scientist career more fun though is the whole crafting aspect of it and getting breakthroughs as if you're leveling a skill. So we'll see. I hope they don't just re-use the GTW/GF formula to do highschools.

If high-school is like an active career than yes, it probably will be the only thing in a GP. But if it's just an update to the school panel with new pop-up cards and after school activities, than their would be room for additional content. It could be like university where you get to choose which classes your teen is in but you don't actually follow them into the classroom.

This is what I'm expecting if it's a school pack. Maybe - and it's very much a maybe - we'll get a boarding-school-based neighborhood-sized world that's basically University for teens.

It's also possible that it will expand school for Children too, especially if it doesn't come with the boarding school world.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If it's a GP it's probably just the high school if it's that. My issue with the active type careers of TS4 is how extremely repetitive they can get with the awful event tab goals. "Pick three apples" type gameplay... isn't really gameplay imo. What makes the scientist career more fun though is the whole crafting aspect of it and getting breakthroughs as if you're leveling a skill. So we'll see. I hope they don't just re-use the GTW/GF formula to do highschools.

If high-school is like an active career than yes, it probably will be the only thing in a GP. But if it's just an update to the school panel with new pop-up cards and after school activities, than their would be room for additional content. It could be like university where you get to choose which classes your teen is in but you don't actually follow them into the classroom.

Oh so it's still a rabbit hole? Not really sure what the point is then to make a GP out of it? It could be a SP...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm guessing fairies for the GP, don't really care about the kit. Although there was a "leak" of code with GP10 in it that said something about dusting bunk beds so I'm confused
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I don't think GP will be occult right after Paranormal. There haven't been enough recent hints for bands or hotels. With the bunkbeds in March, I say kids/teens gameplay is coming in the GP, hopefully high school focused?

The sofas are likely in the Kit. Maybe 4 mix and match sectional pieces with different swatches plus some lamps and clutter? Maybe an armchair go match?
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    My Guess for the GP is faires. I don’t think it will be werewolves - doesn’t make sense for the new world to be exclusive to them.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    edited April 2021
    bixters wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm still thinking it's going to be centered around the teen life stage. That could include high-school, bands, after-school cheer-leading, malls, etc.

Personally, I hope that it's not just school focused, and gives more activities for teens to do at home or with friends.

If it's a GP it's probably just the high school if it's that. My issue with the active type careers of TS4 is how extremely repetitive they can get with awful event tab goals. "Pick three apples" type gameplay... isn't really gameplay imo. What makes the scientist career more fun though is the whole crafting aspect of it and getting breakthroughs as if you're leveling a skill. So we'll see. I hope they don't just re-use the GTW/GF formula to do highschools.

Why is everyone expecting a school pack when the devs avoided all classroom gameplay in University? If such pack brings TS3 only rabit holes I don't need it.

american highschool was mentioned on survey which also had snowy escape questions so its possible something related to american highschool might be coming soon

though i personally would have about thousand other themes over school

I'm looking forward to a School Pack. They need to focus less on completing tasks and more of the drama of school- gossip, cliques, school clubs, dating, prom, etc. That would be interesting.

If it's just read 3 books and write 3 essays, just completing boring tasks, than that would be pretty boring.

So in essence what people want is a school pack without the actual school. A decorative set piece to fulfill their 90210/OC/Riverdale stories.

The university packs get away without the actual university simply because the focus is on activities outside of lectures. Schools in contrast are very much more structured and lead by another person before going home. In order to make school gameplay compelling, they would have to pretty much strip out anything that would identify it as a school.

In my opinion, the Sims is more about domestic situations, and youth activities in game would be better fulfilled with places such as skate parks, arcades and other such hangouts and activities.

And I can already imagine the complaints that all prom is is just s time limited night club for teenagers with a punch bowl instead of a bar.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2021
    Predicting

GP
    Fairies

Kit
    Hoping for a Pool Kit but it will probably be something else
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    Probably Fairies or Werewolves based on the hints we've been getting.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Ever since they had that survey where they asked which life stage we thought needed improvement and teens weren't on the list, I have assumed a teen based pack was coming. If it has prom and HS graduation spring would be a good time to release it. I can't see a teen only world though, so maybe it will be fairies after all.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited April 2021
    I’d laugh if it was high school plus werewolves! Teen Wolf!
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Gamepack: something similar to The Sims 2 - Freetime with new skills like sewing, pottery, glassblowing, some sports or outdoor activities

The Kit, a garden related
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I’d laugh if it was high school plus werewolves! Teen Wolf!

I would LOVE that!
  • Options
    MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    [quote="Thetford;c-17867426"][quote="bixters;c-17867329"][quote="Simmingal;c-17867323"][quote="alanmichael1;c-17867318"][quote="Sigzy05;c-17867307"][quote="RememberJoy;c-17867277"]I'm still thinking it's going to be centered around the teen life stage. That could include high-school, bands, after-school cheer-leading, malls, etc.

Personally, I hope that it's not just school focused, and gives more activities for teens to do at home or with friends.[/quote]

If it's a GP it's probably just the high school if it's that. My issue with the active type careers of TS4 is how extremely repetitive they can get with awful event tab goals. "Pick three apples" type gameplay... isn't really gameplay imo. What makes the scientist career more fun though is the whole crafting aspect of it and getting breakthroughs as if you're leveling a skill. So we'll see. I hope they don't just re-use the GTW/GF formula to do highschools. [/quote]

Why is everyone expecting a school pack when the devs avoided all classroom gameplay in University? If such pack brings TS3 only rabit holes I don't need it.[/quote]

american highschool was mentioned on survey which also had snowy escape questions so its possible something related to american highschool might be coming soon

though i personally would have about thousand other themes over school[/quote]

I'm looking forward to a School Pack. They need to focus less on completing tasks and more of the [b]drama[/b] of school- gossip, cliques, school clubs, dating, prom, etc. That would be interesting.

If it's just read 3 books and write 3 essays, just completing boring tasks, than that would be pretty boring. [/quote]

So in essence what people want is a school pack without the actual school. A decorative set piece to fulfill their 90210/OC/Riverdale stories.

The university packs get away without the actual university simply because the focus is on activities outside of lectures. Schools in contrast are very much more structured and lead by another person before going home. In order to make school gameplay compelling, they would have to pretty much strip out anything that would identify it as a school.

In my opinion, the Sims is more about domestic situations, and youth activities in game would be better fulfilled with places such as skate parks, arcades and other such hangouts and activities.

And I can already imagine the complaints that all prom is is just s time limited night club for teenagers with a punch bowl instead of a bar.[/quote]

I've been quietly stalking these forums for years but finally decided to cave and sign in to join in on the discussion.
    I really do not understand the appeal of having an active school. I think I'm showing my age. I'm out of college and have no desire to relive high-school through my sims like that. I also don't enjoy active careers that much. They are fun to play here and there but as others have said, it gets really repetitive very quickly and with the sims 4 not being an open world, it's super frustrating trying to play an active career in a household of more than one or two sims. If I want to join my sims for work, I have to abandon all the other sims in the household and whatever they are doing to do that.
    I would love a gamepack aimed at teens and kids. I want my kids and teen sims to have more hobbies, after-school activities, and events like graduation and prom would be great. I think implementing more playable objects like a ballet bar, something for martial arts, a skateboard, and more instruments would add a lot to everyday gameplay and a lot of the rest would be fine as a rabbithole with some text posts and souvenirs like they did in the Sims 3 Generations. I've bought nearly all the dlcs for the sims 4 thus far but if they included active schools as the main feature of a pack aimed at younger lifestages, I would be extremely split on buying it as I have no interest in that feature at all.
  • Options
    MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    I apologize for the text wall above. I can't quote yet as a new member (even though I've had this account for like 10 years).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Probably be Fairies Gameplay Pack & Royalty Outfits & Accessories Kit.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

I am going to speculate that the kit is CAS related. Hopefully, it will be either sleepwear or swimwear. Both of which need some more content, imo.

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I hope it’s a school GP. After JTB and Realm of Magic it’d better not be another supernatural or weird GP.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

A kit full of costumes (and many, many pairs of glasses, of course) inspired by Elton John? I'll probably laugh myself to death if it really is.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021

I'm a bit scared. I'm going to be honest....TS4 stuff usually has awful awful swatches and color combinations. I like to dress my sims in realistic clothing, or for them to have realistic furniture. I don't like the clownery that Maxis puts in a lot of assets. Like the ugly hot pink and dark brown counters...or turquoise sofas with pink and yellow pillows, who has that stuff in their house? So...we'll see how beautiful they are. Don't want my sims looking or living like pimps.

EDIT: In fact, I can already see it...."TS4 Pimp Kit".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I would really like the GP to be a romantic world with lots of romantic gameplay options. But I don't think that will happen. Sadly, I think it will be faeries stirring up drama at the high school.
  • Options
    I'm genuinely confused. Where are all the hints for fairies and werewolves people keep mentioning? Aside from that redacted world tweet.

And yes, skateboarding, school band, and ballet sounds way better than active school with grade 10 biology, unless dissecting a frog is a thing!
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'm genuinely confused. Where are all the hints for fairies and werewolves people keep mentioning? Aside from that redacted world tweet.
    !

I think its just wishful thinking lol
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member

And yes, skateboarding, school band, and ballet sounds way better than active school with grade 10 biology, unless dissecting a frog is a thing!

There have been things scattered around - mentions of werewolves/fairies in polls and surveys, and a few objects in CAS that could be hints. There was a picture in Paranormal that had a sun moon and star very prominently on it, alongside a picture that could be a new Scottish world - people have theorised that a Scottish world would be a good setting for fairies like the Seelie court, or for werewolf 'clans'. And there was a picture someone pointed out from Tiny Living lately, of a wolf in the forest with a full moon overhead. These things could be hints or not, depending on your interpretation, but I think the tweets are most of what people are basing things on at the moment. The idea of a new world that only 'new [REDACTED] sims' can use. But also just the fact that people think/hope fairies and werewolves are coming at some point, like they have in previous games, and now's as good a time as any.
  • Options
    So in terms of game packs, it amazing how they've ranged from Spa Day (which is less game play than Paranormal Stuff) to Jungle Adventure (my personal favorite). I'm really hoping this one has a world, unlike Parenthood/Dine Out/Spa Day, unless is a teen hobby pack, then I'm ok without a world.

My favorite game packs to date are: Outdoor Getaway, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, and Jungle Adventure.

I don't need it to be a vacation pack, but yes I have been wanting a yellowish grassland world to be an African Savannah. If it's Scotland with werewolves I'm fine too! But what I'd really like most is bands and teen hobbies. And medieval. Of course I'd also be happy with fairies, and romance, or hotels. Or cars (with Uber?) or babies. I'm not interested in farming, but I'd buy it.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the game pack was none of those. Something completely random like air conditioning and furnace repair (trades would be cool!) or jewelry making (also very cool!), or play as a dentist or barbershop. Or funeral director. Or quilting. Or reality game show cooking competition.