Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ok no, this needs to stop

Goofball revamped trait is allowing my sim to prank his own toilet autonomously. Why is this a thing? Who pranks their own toilets? Help me make it stop! I'll use mods, cheats, anything! It happens constantly and canceling the action doesn't help. He will just do it again soon enough.

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Yeah, it was one of the changes in the patch. There is a way to get rid of it with MCCC mod tuning options. There is a thread on it with more info here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/988216/goofball-trait#latest
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    This is why I use mods...

You should be able to get rid of it with MC Command Center, MC Tuner, if the interaction shows up as an autonomous action.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    thanks!!
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    I will never understand the tuning in this game, the scale seems to be 0 or 10 without any numbers in the middle and it just becomes annoying really quickly. :'(

Even with a 1, no sim should prank their own toilet and then go use it. lol. I wonder if tuning them to only prank toilets outside of their home lot is possible.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    My Goofball Sim who lives alone kept pranking her toilet, and I was like, Elya girl you are just playing yourself. And of course she has the nerve to get uncomfortable because of her filthy surroundings.
    She never pranked any of the toilets when she went out to community lots, I also noticed. So, I'm not really sure....the point.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Because Sims like doing their own potty humor too. Nice that they have that option.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2021
    I agree that they should make it so that Goofball Sims remember that they use toilets too and that pranking themselves is not really fun. Programming-wise, at least one toilet should be excluded from the pranking, which is, if possible, the closest to their assigned room or bed. I don't support it only happening on commercial lots or other residentials. It's also fun seeing their own family members get pranked, lol.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    An 'erratic' 'goofball' would probably prank their own toilet. And simultaneously be angry and laughing at the same time...
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    This is the definition of the "It's not a bug, it's a feature!" mindset. Yeah, this shouldn't happen and it's not "goofy", it's an obvious oversight.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I had to change my sim’s traits. It was becoming very annoying. He pranked the toilet 2-3 times a day.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Oh come on, that's just goofballs being goofballs. Personally, I like cutting my own brake lines before driving to work. Boy is the look on my face priceless when I stomp on the brake pedal trying to stop at that intersection. It's a riot!

This is perfect 😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I had to change my sim’s traits. It was becoming very annoying. He pranked the toilet 2-3 times a day.
    Lol. Sorry, I guess I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it. I'm fairly safe in my game as I rarely use the goofball trait.
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    I just change my sims traits from goofball from now on I won't be picking up that trait!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I've been playing with a goofball sim and he hasn't pranked the toilet autonomously...like ever.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    That is so funny, annoying yes, but still so funny.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I've been playing with a goofball sim and he hasn't pranked the toilet autonomously...like ever.
    I was having an issue with traits not seeming to be updated in my current household because my sims kept acting like they always did, so i started a new save with new sims and the changes were present right away. My goofball sim in that new save pranked the toilet daily but my old one did not even after days.
    -
    Anyway, i think this might get nerfed come next patch. I have found a bug report about it even though it is not a bug, but some people might not be aware of that and did not know the trait was causing it.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I actually like this change :((
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have a feeling it's going to get nerfed out in the next patch too, which makes me really sad. :frowning:

I never used the Goofball trait because I found it useless. And now that it actually does something, I was looking forward to playing with it and adding it to some of my Sims. Guess I won't get the chance to now, unless I just don't bother with making over the premades for a new save.

ETA:
    I would much rather this become its own separate trait, even if they rename it "mischievous" or something and just add a new "goofball" trait, but that will probably never happen. :frowning:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I was having an issue with traits not seeming to be updated in my current household because my sims kept acting like they always did, so i started a new save with new sims and the changes were present right away. My goofball sim in that new save pranked the toilet daily but my old one did not even after days.
    -
    Anyway, i think this might get nerfed come next patch. I have found a bug report about it even though it is not a bug, but some people might not be aware of that and did not know the trait was causing it.

That could be it...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • arieslenaarieslena Posts: 2 New Member
    this is driving me crazy. to me a goofball isn't someone who is constantly performing mischief interactions and pranking their own toilet every. single. day. it's gotten to the point where i used mccc to disable mischief completely as well as the prank toilet thing. whats funny is i haven't even seen her perform a single funny interaction on anyone, except maybe making funny faces to her kid once. other than that all i see is her being mischievous. i hate it lmao especially since she's also good? i feel like a good sim maybe wouldn't do that???? or at least not 24/7???
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Baako and Billie Jang both have the Goofball trait and I can confirm that when I was playing the Jangs the other day, they would both do it often. Poor Anaya.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Goofball revamped trait is allowing my sim to prank his own toilet autonomously. Why is this a thing? Who pranks their own toilets? Help me make it stop! I'll use mods, cheats, anything! It happens constantly and canceling the action doesn't help. He will just do it again soon enough.

ROFL I have to wonder just which of my six Uni students pranked one of the toilets in their dorm. There is a lot of traffic in Wyvern Hall. Could have been anyone. They got my Global Superstar, and he was none too pleased about it. He's a Goofball, but I think one of the triplet girls is also a goofball, I'll have to check. Mayhaps it was she? LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    Sounds like another tuning issue. They need to tune it so they only prank toilets if you tell them to.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01