Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Sims 2 Store content!

HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
A while back, I was on Google searching for sims 2 custom content. I came across this site and I'm a happy camper!
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    The link got censored.

Also not sure if posting to that type of content is allowed here given that EA never released the store content for free.

How you as an individual feel about downloading said content given that EA shut down the Sims 2 store is something you'll have to decide.
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    If they shut down the site then they might not even care anymore... But yeah it's how the person feels.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    The link got censored.

Also not sure if posting to that type of content is allowed here given that EA never released the store content for free.

How you as an individual feel about downloading said content given that EA shut down the Sims 2 store is something you'll have to decide.

Thanks for letting me know. I googled sims 2 store content to see if there actually had been any and found that site. The female hair is gorgeous!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The "Oh Baby" stuff is really good if you play family style.

Why would anyone have an issue with DL this stuff for free, it's no longer available or sold, so it's not stealing from anyone, anyway.......
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • k_reeser1k_reeser1 Posts: 153 Member
    you can also get the pre-order items aswell....
    untitled.png

• carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    If I'm not mistaken, sims 2 and it's content is considered abandonware now so sharing it around should be okay.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I really like the baby items, and the running with scissors playset (not for kids, lol). As for the Christmas tree, it's best gotten with Happy Holiday Stuff.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    The "Oh Baby" stuff is really good if you play family style.

Why would anyone have an issue with DL this stuff for free, it's no longer available or sold, so it's not stealing from anyone, anyway.......
    If I'm not mistaken, sims 2 and it's content is considered abandonware now so sharing it around should be okay.

Because it's still considered EA's property. I once shared a link to a fan-made Sims website that had some of the free The Sims 2 store items on it and it was removed by one of the The Sims site moderators as they still considered it as stealing.

But I do agree with you since they're not selling TS2 anymore. My guess would be is that they still own the copyrights to the items which would be why they still have a problem with people linking to sites that EA doesn't own.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    ty for this
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Since it is no longer being sold, it should be allowed to share legally; but doesn't mean it is allowed and that is up for EA to decide.

I just wished it worked on windows 10 so I could play it again.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I have been wanting to redownload the baby swing and mat but haven't been able to find them anywhere. I purchased those items when the store was open but now it isn't. I miss those items.
  • momshavingfunmomshavingfun Posts: 11 New Member
    > @XxAirixX said:
    > Since it is no longer being sold, it should be allowed to share legally; but doesn't mean it is allowed and that is up for EA to decide.
    >
    > I just wished it worked on windows 10 so I could play it again.

I play the sims2 on Windows 10. There are a few things you have to do to make it work but they are easy.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thanks. We'll close out the thread here to limit bumps/necroposting. Feel free to pop open a new thread if this is a discussion you'd like to have.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top