Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Ya.

What are you doing now besides reading this?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CrunchieGooseCrunchieGoose Posts: 56 Member
    Watching GTA V RP on twitch.

If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do?
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Play pranks on people. Not mean ones but the kind that would give people something memorable to talk/ laugh about at the end of their day, such as putting on some wacky clothes (over my invisible ones) and dancing in the street. Or surprising people with ice cream that eats itself, drinks in which the liquid seems to disappear, etc. Just lots of silly fun.

That's a fantastic question and I'd love to hear other people's answers so same again please. :)
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    So am I invisible only to my skin, or are my clothes also invisible? I don't fancy going naked and barefoot in the cold and rain we're having right now, and then face weaving nakedly around and through people who don't know I'm coming and therefore don't get out of the way...unless I nudge them, and then I have to do it naked.

That sounds like a nightmare for me and for them.
    But if I put on clothes, I appear as hollow clothes and shoes, so people know I'm there, and I don't freeze, but then I terrify and traumatize everyone wherever I go.

Still doesn't sound like much good could come of it.

If I could be totally invisible and not have to be naked to do it, and somehow don't have a serious problem getting around because somehow I can pass through people or something, then you'd think I'd have an advantage because I could eavesdrop, steal, etc. But eavesdropping just means hearing trivial BS that is of no interest to me, and I don't want to steal.

Pulling pranks always sounds fun, but I don't know anyone who would find it funny except maybe hubs and like you, I don't desire to upset people.

Okay, I got one: if I were invisible including clothes, and could navigate through people somehow without knocking them down or freaking them out, I could try to be a hero, and invisibly disable someone about to commit a mass shooting. But I have no ability to predict where a crime is going to occur. So I'd be sitting there twiddling my invisible thumbs.

Geesh, just being invisible and nothing else, kinda sucks. I think that's why we don't have a DC or Marvel "Invisible" superhero. That should go in @Arkane's bad superpowers thread.

Hmmm. What has made your life better or happier, lately?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Resistance bands. I bought 2 (only been using the 15kg one for now, my other one is 25kg. XD). And I've become obsessed with resistance training. I love how my body doesn't ache too badly the next day (minus my lower back) compared to when I do cardio. I feel like I'm getting stronger, or possibly the band is just becoming more stretchable. 😂

But I think my shoulders are looking more toned too.

I wish I can find some good resistance band ab workouts tho that don't have me having to lie on the floor cuz of my bad back. I am still searching around. I found some like the Russian Twist and standing oblique bands..

What do you think of golf?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited April 2021
    Regular golf, not my thing. (Except in Happy Gilmore)

Mini Golf though? Oooh yeah, let's gooooo!

What is a subject that you could almost be called an expert in?
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    Post hardcore bands.

Same questions.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I'd have to say I'm an expert at making a mess of things.

@DeKay about your back, you probably already know all this, but akEGLrh.jpg

I have to start doing them myself, now, because I'm starting to get lower back pain too, and the cause is quite simple: too much sitting, not enough exercise. Using a yoga or stability ball as a chair is also a great option and I haven't done that in years. I should get back to it.

And resistance bands are awesome. Especially because you can tuck them into a bag or even put one in your pocket and take it anywhere, to whip out and use in odd moments, at the park, or wherever. They don't weigh anything, don't take up any real space, and they work really well. You can even use bigger/stiffer ones for external thigh and glute work, while seated, just put your legs through one at the knees, and flex outwards til you feel the burn. Loop one around your foot, and you can do bicep curls, seated, to rival anything you'd do with freeweights, with no fear of dropping one on your foot.

Air squats and lunges are also very effective and require no equipment.

What's your main social outlet currently?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Oh my God, a stability ball is really gonna break my back but gonna be so good for my core. 😂 I tried it before and 5 mins in, my abs were already burning. But I don't know how people even sit on that for hours. I don't think I can, let alone focus.

I'm also starting to do some exercises for my lower back. Like laying on the edge of my bed with my legs hanging out, and then like lifting them off the ground. 😂 I read somewhere and think that maybe I have an anterior pelvic tilt, so that could also be an issue when I'm doing those laying on the ground ab workouts, I guess.

For real tho! Resistance Bands are the shizz. They're light and you don't have to worry about dropping them. Tho, I'm always scared that if I pull too hard, they will snap on my face. 🙈 But they're pretty fun cuz the longer you pull, the "heavier" it feels which is different from weights as weights are fighting with gravity. But with bands, you can also work on your strength horizontally too. So they kinda target muscles a bit differently. And the best part is you can also make it even "heavier" but just adjusting where you grab it, etc.

My main social outlet is online, like over here and Instagram.

What are you planning to do today, or did you manage to do what you've planned?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I am watching the countdown to The Joshfight going down in about half an hour in Nebraska. Sad that I can't be there but glad it's being streamed. My money's on Josh btw.

https://youtu.be/akw9Tm4Ue_U

xicwqMCm.jpg
    If anyone's interested, 5-year-old Josh Swain was the winner of the title of The One True Josh...very cool, and raised money for Children's Hospital).

Since I forgot to ask a question, have you ever changed a tire?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Nope.

What is your fav dessert?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Boston Cream Pie, if I make it. Two layers of génoise, filled with vanilla crème pâtissière, topped with a poured ganache made from bittersweet Belgian chocolate (I like Callebaut for truffles and ganache), and local raw grassfed Jersey cream.

Maybe I'll do that for my birthday.

What do you want to do for your birthday?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Eat tasty food and chill out B)

who's your guilty celebrity crush? (someone you find oddly attractive, but may be an unpopular opinion)
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Well, I think most of my fav band guys are. XD But if we go for a more "Hollywood" type of person, I'd say Jamie Bell.

AcceptableLastingHawk-max-1mb.gif

Do you listen to music at work?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I can endure almost anything if I can listen to music, that would otherwise drive me screaming into the abyss. So, yes.

Guilty celeb crush is Johnny Galecki (Leonard in TBBT), because he reminds me so much of my hubs, both in appearance/stature and general build, and in many instances, mannerisms. Hubs laughs and says I remind him of Sheldon. Hoping I'm not that big a jerk. But it's not a crush on Johnny Galecki, merely an observation that he's adorable in some of the same (and I think, rare) ways that hubs is.

Have you ever gone canoeing?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Hmmm. Nope. Only kayaking. Which is a bit close I guess, but just not near the edge of a river. 😂

Do you like camping?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I thought I never wanted to again, because I'm old enough to know I'd feel every ache now, sleeping on the ground. But I was meditating by the riverside, in the sun, a couple of days ago, and had the desire to take a camping /hiking/canoeing trip, well up in me. So I guess the answer now is, yes.

Have you ever built something and if so, what?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I've built a lot of things but that depends on your definition of build. XD I've made sandcastles before, or a cool cat bed, etc etc. I'm quite crafty.

Do you have an Etsy shop?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    No. I've never even shopped on Etsy. I think someone showed me theirs once. I figured Etsy looked like an online flea market, and I loathe fleamarkets.

Build could mean anything you want it to mean. It could mean a world you built on Minecraft. A cat bed sounds like a worthy project. Sandcastles are wonderful too.

What are you crafty at, then?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I'm crafty at pretty much anything. Especially if you just give me some tutorial to follow. I was more crafty back then when I was younger and not spending so much time on the Internet all the time. XD Some of the things I loved making were those voodoo doll keychains, or beaded keychains, literally any kinda keychain. I was the kid with like 10 keychains on each zipper on my pencil case. 😆 But I make other stuff too like pop up cards.

Have you ever made your own music before?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    You mean like a composition? Yes. One of mine was performed by a string quartet, but unfortunately I had deliberately written their parts to differing time signatures, and the musicians couldn't help falling into time with each other, so what they played wasn't really what I had written. It would have been better if each had performed their part separately, then the four parts were mixed to produce the final result.

Same question!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Yeah, I have.

What is a unique musical artist that you know of?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I wanna know more about your music, then!

Unique makes that a hard question. In the past, however, I knew very well, a musician who was probably the most unique person I'd ever met. He even composed for and played The Long-Stringed Instrument, which was also unique in that it's an instrument so large, that people gather within it, to see and hear the performance. Here's the instrument's creator, Ellen Fullman, performing on it more recently, as an example of how it sounds and looks:

https://youtu.be/HJHmsTk303Q

It's so much more powerful in person, in this resonance chamber in which overtones seem to interact with one's body, blurring the lines between it and the universe.

Tell me about some experience you had that was transcendent, or which made you feel forever changed by it?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Well, one time, I did like a rock song for class. We went to the studio to record it and everything. It was fun. XD And some other time, I kinda just make some electronic music on my own for fun.

That's a deep question. I don't know if I've ever had an experience like that before.

What is the coolest invention to you?
    FwDXXd5.gif