Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that zombies are actually cool in The Sims games, and I think they would fit in perfectly in The Sims 4! I know a lot of people don't want them due to the eating plants and stuff, but they could go a different direction with zombies if they ever added them in. I think that would be great! :)

I also agree with all the people who are saying that toddlers are annoying. I can't stand toddlers in this game! I also am not the biggest fan of child Sims, but they are much better than toddlers in my opinion. Having more than one toddler in a household makes the game almost unplayable for me because they always constantly cry and need something all the time, which I may not be able to get to doing right away because I'm focusing on something else. I mostly play with Young Adults because of this. I also do agree that some of the toddler interactions are cute though.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I don't want a teenaged werewolf shedding its body hair in the car that sits in the driveway.
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: I don't want a teenaged werewolf shedding its body hair in the car that sits in the driveway.

Wait... that is an unpopular opinion? I wouldn't want a teenage werewolf shedding its body hair in the house or anywhere in the yard. As for that car sitting in the driveway, it's getting "towed" unless it is something that is being fixed up to sell.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited April 2021
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    [...] Having more than one toddler in a household makes the game almost unplayable for me because they always constantly cry and need something all the time, which I may not be able to get to doing right away because I'm focusing on something else. I mostly play with Young Adults because of this. I also do agree that some of the toddler interactions are cute though.
    Reminds me... I unintentionally had 4 at once on my very first TS4 family. The couple just had a girl and I thought "Well, let's get her a sibling." Then the game was like "Haha ok triplets incoming!" Gotta admit the babies crying in like this endless loop was pretty aggravating but at least the parents gained parenting skill like woah. I actually quite enjoyed the chaos once they were toddlers but I fully understand it's not for everyone.

I think my unpopular opinion is that I have zero interest for the Laundry stuff. I'm actually surprised to hear that apparently it is popular, I know it was a voted thing but I even suspected it had to be rigged or something cuz "who would want this when there's options like dangerous stuff etc" lol. I guess that's just me. I already hated laundry in TS3 and basically none of my families there has the stuff minus a very few who moved in to a house which already had it.
    Similarly, I have absolutely no interest for vacuuming but apparently that too is something people want/like.
    So yeah, I seem to be out of touch with what the community wants. The only thing I could maybe appreciate about vacuuming pack is aesthetics i.e. ability to have homes which look old/filthy. One more reason I love Vampires is because it has those cracks, cobwebs, stains, and such to decorate with. Gives me a chance to have households which don't all look like they are straight out of some Ikea catalogue. However, the actual gameplay of vacuuming... nope.
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    > @magic_cat_tree said:
    > Ok, this is definitely unpopular: in my game I mix alpha cc and maxis all over the place and it doesn't bother me one bit. Some of my sims have alpha hair, some have maxis hair and those sims hang out and have a great time together lol

I honestly wasn't thinking about it until I started reading this thread... now I can't stop thinking about it and I think I'm falling on the side of looking through my CC and getting rid of the 'alpha' (that term still confuses me, to me that means the transparency layer in image editing software). As I watch my sims to silly things, it seems easier to relate when they themselves look a little silly.

But there are a few pieces that in their own design 'split the difference' between being in one camp or the other that I suspect will stay.

--

I think my unpopular opinion so far is that I don't understand the appeal of the 'Seasons' expansion pack. Having just joined Sims 4 during the April sale, my last time around here being when Sims 1 was 'current' (I did buy Sims 2 when it came out, but for some reason I no longer recall never installed it)... I'm just getting around to getting all this DLC and that sale gave me an absurd push. Bought Seasons near the sale end because it was so highly reviewed, but it's just not registering for me yet. Maybe it will grow on me and I'm just too overwhelmed right now with other packs that had more appeal to me.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't understand why players get annoyed when the occults from the pack they bought actually shows up often. Even more so with non-occult players; if you aren't going to be using the gameplay, don't be surprised when vampires or spellcasters, or whatever, exist. Or better yet, don't buy the pack if you don't really want the gameplay.
    I still don't understand why lilsimsie won't uninstall the packs she doesn't like.

Fair enough, I understand it with a pack like Vampires, even though some people want the BB items. But I don’t for example have Get to Work because I don’t want aliens in my game. But the rest of the gameplay in GTW is non occult, so it’s kind of hard to just ‘not buy because I don’t want aliens’, because I really want the retail and careers.

I think adding a toggle for life states would help everyone. Or better yet sliders to how many of each does the game generate. Including humans. Some players don’t want many or any humans, I don’t want to bump into an alien when out and about. It’s supposed to be a dollhouse so let us choose which dolls we want in our game! Then occults don’t have to be sad when there is not enough of Vampires and realistic don’t have to complain about Vlad trespassing on their premise every night, or their sims needing to go investigate the strange light only to come back pregnant with alien baby.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    figgy, (I can't quote yet) That would be cool!

I asked about Island Living in another thread earlier, I would only buy that EP if I can get rid of the whole mermaid thing. Lol

The other stuff in that pack sounds cool though.

I don't really mind the Alien stuff in my games personally. But yeah, I have to draw the line at Mermaids, Vampires, etc.

So as of now, no beach for my Sims. But they don't deserve it anyway. They need to be punished for cancelling my actions all the time. XD
  • MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    I don't like the idea of running hotels/resorts. I would much prefer just to visit them, if they are ever implemented.
  • MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    Also, I would much prefer toddlers in The Sims 4 could learn how to walk and started out crawling. And hate the toddler beds, much prefered the cribs.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I don't understand why players get annoyed when the occults from the pack they bought actually shows up often. Even more so with non-occult players; if you aren't going to be using the gameplay, don't be surprised when vampires or spellcasters, or whatever, exist. Or better yet, don't buy the pack if you don't really want the gameplay.
    I still don't understand why lilsimsie won't uninstall the packs she doesn't like.

That's human nature, sadly. It's like people who buy houses near airports then complain about the noise of aeroplanes!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I miss having parents sims teach their toddlers basic life skills like walking, talking and potty in the Sims 4. I’ve been playing the Sims 3 lately and the parenting just feels so much more involved.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I miss having parents sims teach their toddlers basic life skills like walking, talking and potty in the Sims 4. I’ve been playing the Sims 3 lately and the parenting just feels so much more involved.

You can teach them to talk, and to potty in TS4. You can also teach them flash cards and to say please and thank you.

You can teach them to talk, and to potty in TS4. You can also teach them flash cards and to say please and thank you.

Yeah but it seems that there are no consequences for not doing it. I do usually teach them potty still though to make it easier on my self.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member

Yeah but it seems that there are no consequences for not doing it. I do usually teach them potty still though to make it easier on my self.

I don't recall there really being consequences in Sims 3 if toddlers weren't taught to walk, talk, or potty.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

I think, though I'm not sure, that kids are more likely to wet the bed if they're not potty trained in Sims 4. I'm not sure though, as potty training is my #1 priority for toddlers.
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    While I like supernaturals, I feel more things need to be addressed in the game before another supernatural life state. They're cool, sure, but I'd rather have a baby that isn't an object first.

I don't recall there really being consequences in Sims 3 if toddlers weren't taught to walk, talk, or potty.

I think were are not allowed to choose their traits when they age up to a child if they haven't been taught their basic skills as toddlers.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Hold up, kids wet the bed??

And I think that if toddlers hadn’t learnt all their skills before their birthday in Sims 3, you didn’t get to pick the trait when they aged up.

I’m not bothered by farming. I don’t know why so many Simmers seem to want it.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also I think the double standards people have between the games is ridiculous, the amount of times I've seen people excusing big issues in past games and then calling 4 atrocious for trivial things is something else.

It's honestly very entertaining as I play older games as well, and I've been attacked for criticising them by the same people who call sims 4 fans "EA apologists". Like they criticise people for excusing issues in 4, and then they do exactly the same with 2 and 3.

One thing I've noticed - not just on here but elsewhere on the internet - is that people who prefer TS3 get very upset/defensive whenever someone criticises it, whereas people who prefer TS4 are perfectly aware of its shortcomings and realise it's not a perfect game.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    One of my most controversial opinions: i wish occults stayed out of the Sims. :D But I dont advocate for the removal of them. But if it were my choice, it wouldnt include them.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    edited April 2021
    the cooking animations and hitting the pan and slamming it on the stove really annoys me
    oh and don't get me started on vacuuming stuff that is not cleaned that way
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I wish toddlers in TS4 were younger. What I mean by that is

1. I wish we had to teach them how to walk instead of them instantly knowing how to
    2. They drink from bottles instead of sippy cups like in TS2 and 3
    3. I wish we at least had the option to let them sleep in cribs instead of beds. I don't like that they can get in and out on their own.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top