Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @IvoryButterfly
    I just wanna say your castle is so pretty! The decor is beautiful. I love the throne room, the kitchen and the treasury. There's so much personality in your lot. Was the blue castle built for a challenge? Gave me challenge vibes with the prison room xD
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    It's the turn of Dr Julia in today's Sim 66...she has to deal with her overbearing and scheming boss and a patient who fancies himself but doesn't know who he's up against in her. Chapter 97: Spots, Splints & Sprains

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/

kWGoA6Q.png
    edited April 2021
    One other thing...do you find yourselves keeping a sort of diary or bible of your story which lists plot threads, character bios, timelines and other information? I've just started one for Sim 66 this week: I can no longer keep track of the sub-plots and characters in my head anymore so I've got a folder with a timeline, bios for each character, plot developments and backstories. I'm not quite at the flow diagram or incident board stage yet.

4DDz7Gm.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    @DeafSimmer good thanks! Got a week off work coming up so good to catch up on SimLit.
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Yes this is a good idea! For my non SimLit projects I have a notebook for ideas, and for The story of mine that you started reading (thank you btw!) I have a Wordpad document of character notes, plot ideas and other things. It’s a prequel and I have had to make notes of what one of the characters knows about a certain event, and what they eventually find out.
    they/them or she/her
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    How's everyone today?

I'm just really happy about I'm father along then I thought I was
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    what's the difference between a dream and a goal?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    @IvoryButterfly
    I just wanna say your castle is so pretty! The decor is beautiful. I love the throne room, the kitchen and the treasury. There's so much personality in your lot. Was the blue castle built for a challenge? Gave me challenge vibes with the prison room xD

Aww, thankyou.

No, it wasn't built for anything, I just hadn't been playing in a while and I decided that I needed to get back to having fun playing my sims, so I did :pensive:

I will be using it, maybe... but I'm, not sure yet :s

With my new job popping up, now I've just got a bit of time on the weekends, and that's if we don't have our DnD session running on Sunday afternoons, so very cut short time to really do anything, but I will be doing what can.

I hope everyone has been doing ok, I'm loving reading everyone stories, I can't comment as wifi at work sucks but I'm there, reading, appreciating and loving it all!
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @IvoryButterfly

Aww, thankyou.

No, it wasn't built for anything, I just hadn't been playing in a while and I decided that I needed to get back to having fun playing my sims, so I did :pensive:

I will be using it, maybe... but I'm, not sure yet :s

With my new job popping up, now I've just got a bit of time on the weekends, and that's if we don't have our DnD session running on Sunday afternoons, so very cut short time to really do anything, but I will be doing what can.

I hope everyone has been doing ok, I'm loving reading everyone stories, I can't comment as wifi at work sucks but I'm there, reading, appreciating and loving it all!

i go back to work later today fiest time in a year. luckily and unluckily i'll be at kid check. lucky cause i get story ideas there unlucky cause i can;t avoid people breathing on me.
    edited April 2021
    my new gm is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool.lol i think only sis knows he called about a weeek or so ago and told me it was time to return to work and i said i wanted to wait a little longer and he said come back or be fired. well not those exact words but simaller so i went today thinking he was gonna be a but in between well the same day the argument happened the tv arrived. so today when i walked in to worki explained that my work anivwersary gift was a 50 inch smart tv and would not fit in my mailbox.and we were cool all day i never did kid check even once. yippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. oh and since i had a great day gonna see if ayden cooperates cause C Is not the same as A NO MATTER WHAT HE THINKS.lol the caps were accidental but i have been fighting with ayden. he always wins lol but i'm trying too.
    they/them or she/her
  • PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    One other thing...do you find yourselves keeping a sort of diary or bible of your story which lists plot threads, character bios, timelines and other information? I've just started one for Sim 66 this week: I can no longer keep track of the sub-plots and characters in my head anymore so I've got a folder with a timeline, bios for each character, plot developments and backstories. I'm not quite at the flow diagram or incident board stage yet.

4DDz7Gm.jpg

Interesting question! Personally my style is chaos.

I keep some bits and pieces of information on sticky notes, printing paper etc. Things like traits, relationships, and very loose plotline. For the first generation children I had a very detailed plotline: about a page on each, including 2-3 incidents for their lifetime and reaction to it, how their family would interact and so on... favorite colors, most likely career, and other details. But I ended up literally throwing that to the trash bin because of an unforeseen event.

Since I identify as a hybrid gameplay/plotter it's hard to predict how much of the plot I will use. But I do feel I know the current family, even if most of that writing never ended up in my blog. I'm still learning what works best for me, but I say that it's 50% my head, 30% game did something and I explain it, and 20% notes.

Having everything written down is a tempting idea since I'm currently in a plot hole.

I think the pineapple did it >:)
    @PitlordMaggie That’s a good way to describe it. My style is similar to yours in that it’s part notes and preplanned ideas and part game-driven. I try to ‘play the ball where it lies’ with most unexpected situations unless I absolutely cannot work it in.
    they/them or she/her
  • NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    Well, I woke up thinking about Sims which leads me to assume I had a dream about it (have no memory of dreaming though), which leads me to assume the gods are telling me to play the game. Might be a bit before I get into the swing enough to update my story, but still!
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hey guys I'm still around :) there's just a little more going on at work and at home so I'm not writing atm :D
    I'm good, thanks...been working a lot on the next chapter which is going to involve lots of screencaps and period music. I really like how it's shaping up.
    ...and here it is. The BFF's are throwing a swinging, groovy mod party and you're invited. Chapter 98: The Engagement Party in Sim 66. This one has lots of screengrabs and plenty of groovy music. I had particular fun playing this gaming session and writing it up.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/

2O8nkW7.png
    ok mods updated. i think. well most are i was waiting on on by Lumpino but it might nt be ready for a while cause the one before it has only had a partital release.
    The Sentiments system is really good for me, but sometimes it's hilarious. Father Winter called up my sim to ask if he considered a hotdog a sandwich, to which he responded 'no'. Then Father Winter lost friendship with him as a result, and because of his People Person lifestyle, has the Personal Rift sentiment with Father Winter... 'God, I just can't believe this guy! 'Is a hotdog a sandwich?' What do you reckon? What a melt.' XD
    they/them or she/her
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @SnowBnuuy Haha that's quite an excessive rection! The sentiments system does seem a bit extreme, way too easy for people to form positive and negative sentiments with one another, and then you never get the screenshots you want. I used to hate it until I discovered the power of MC Cheats :lol:
    @ThePlumbob Sometimes it's good since it makes sense in-game (like the Adoring sentiment between older siblings and parental figures) but sometimes it's just hilarious when everyone has Hurt sentiments over minor arguments. I'm on console so I can't use mods or cheats (Cheats disable achievements on XBox TS4) but for me it's a benefit, because otherwise I'd just be tempted to cheat on all of my challenges. I can't trust myself XD
    they/them or she/her
    ayden must not have objected to everything, the only parts of the save that broke was having bre and the triplets and his parents divorce,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top