Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News Next Week? 👀 Livestream Tuesday 4/27

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    MElleSims wrote: »
    mrkingv wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Even if there's no announcement today I hope they patch the game tomorrow....though not sure they'll fix many bugs sadly as seen in the laundry list.

I'm also hoping for the next patch this week. If it has a kit attached, they may announce that when they give us a heads up for the patch - if they give us a heads up for the patch.

Don't they have to release the April patch this week? We haven't gotten a patch this month. And this is the last week of the month. So they have to release something.

Or maybe we won't have a patch at all this month. Who knows... It has happened before.

Did they not publish a laundry list for april though?

If they don't release a patch for this month, in addition to hyping people up with these tweets, then they're in for a lot of anger from the community.

I would hope the Laundry List would be addressed this month or in May's patch.
  • MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    I mean...if they did not realize it would lead to speculation, what did they think would happen?
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    mrkingv wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Even if there's no announcement today I hope they patch the game tomorrow....though not sure they'll fix many bugs sadly as seen in the laundry list.

I'm also hoping for the next patch this week. If it has a kit attached, they may announce that when they give us a heads up for the patch - if they give us a heads up for the patch.

Don't they have to release the April patch this week? We haven't gotten a patch this month. And this is the last week of the month. So they have to release something.

Or maybe we won't have a patch at all this month. Who knows... It has happened before.

Did they not publish a laundry list for april though?

Hmm you're right, my bad :D:D then patch week hype!!
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited April 2021
    I mean...if they did not realize it would lead to speculation, what did they think would happen?

That people would just have fun with it? I want to point to this very morning when SimGuruNinja posted a very cool picture of the moon which he then deleted because people instantly assumed it was a hint to Werewolves. Or a few months ago when everyone was convinced we were getting a chopped pack because the Gurus were sharing food pics.

The community takes their posts and runs with them no matter how generic or innocent they are. I think George's baby and Ninja's puppies are the only things I've seen tweeted about that weren't spun into wild speculation by some portion of the fanbase.

And if the same fanbase didn't then decide that it was somehow the Guru's fault that the fanbase misinterpreted their tweets, I'd have fun with the speculation too. But apparently, they should only tweet when it's actually a hint, or in regards to sims news, and should stay silent otherwise and not be humans.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, and I hope they are releasing something this week.
    But if they don't, and this was all just "trolling", then I think some of the devs should just delete their Twitter accounts now. They obviously can't handle their jobs.
    [quote="bixters;c-17866249"][quote="MElleSims;c-17866240"]I mean...if they did not realize it would lead to speculation, what did they think would happen?[/quote]

I don't want to jump to conclusions, and I hope they are releasing something this week.
    But if they don't, and this was all just "trolling", then I think some of the devs should just delete their Twitter accounts now. They obviously can't handle their jobs. [/quote]

I agree. And I do think that choosing to build a culture around gurus that hype up the game and answer questions is related to marketing, and should be handled more professionally. Trolling and joking around like that should be reserved for personal accounts, imo.
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member

That people would just have fun with it? I want to point to this very morning when SimGuruNinja posted a very cool picture of the moon which he then deleted because people instantly assumed it was a hint to Werewolves. Or a few months ago when everyone was convinced we were getting a chopped pack because the Gurus were sharing food pics.

The community takes their posts and runs with them no matter how generic or innocent they are. I think George's baby and Ninja's puppies are the only things I've seen tweeted about that weren't spun into wild speculation by some portion of the fanbase.

I mean, Frost and George did use the [REDACTED],
    which has only been used when a new pack is to be announced. There's no other outcome than speculation.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    edited April 2021

There is a reason for this though. A correlated track record over years of Gurus flirting and acting up about new content leading shortly after to a teaser, time and time again. Verified instances of them denying it's a hint, only for a few days later to be cheeky about how it obviously was a hint.

I can't blame the people for getting excited and speculating with stuff like this. If the Gurus really were trolling, then it was a really poor decision to do so, especially at this time of the year when we would usually find out something.

And if the same fanbase didn't then decide that it was somehow the Guru's fault that the fanbase misinterpreted their tweets, I'd have fun with the speculation too. But apparently, they should only tweet when it's actually a hint, or in regards to sims news, and should stay silent otherwise and not be humans.

The gurus need to realize that they are speaking to a community with millions of followers and customers, and realize that their tweets can interpreted in any number of ways. Maybe they need to hire a social media manager to screen their tweets. Because they don't seem to realize that they are the face of a very public company, and what they post matters.
    You can't blame the customers for interpreting the tweets a certain way, when the gurus are the face of The Sims.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2021

But if they don't, and this was all just "trolling", then I think some of the devs should just delete their Twitter accounts now. They obviously can't handle their jobs.

whatever it doesn't really bother me I still had fun regardless of what happens next so I'm happy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Lol that's what I'm scratching my head thinking. What are we suppose to do? Outrage for an announcement over speculation? Since when? I thought we are all here to have fun. And anything they throw to us rather it's speculation or not is for us to have fun and guess until something official comes?
    🥴
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I would hate werewolves even more than a fairies pack. Why can't they just finally give us good gameplay that enhances the game itself?

That's like... just your opinion, man.

No it's not. There was a big discussion on twitter about it and many people said how disappointed they would be if it was another occult pack instead of something enhancing general gameplay like Generations, even some occult fans said so. I am not the only one.

Aaah yes. The good ‘aul Twitter crowd. They’re always at it.

But you know...they’re always right. Always.
    And we, -the forum occultists -are always wrong. Our opinions are wrong every single time. Silly silly us.
    But *phew* The Twitter Crowd’s opinions: 100% right.

I think I might join them. I want to be right for once.

Well, it's not like "all of the forum" prefer occults. It's just that family players leave discussions like this one quickly because they're silenced by the occult fans. And I don't understand your problem anyway - it seems like you're getting what you wished for again, so that's a good thing for you. Unfortunately, family players didn't have that kind of luck since 2017.

You know, you talk like family players have gotten nothing, but when snowy escape came out they made Sunday festivals for children, they made it where even toddlers can enjoy sledding with parents I believe. Children can play with the rocking chair, and nifty knitting had plenty if toys for children. Granted, toddlers and children don’t get as much clothes as adults, I would love to see some toddler and children clothing kits and sim activities for children. I’m mostly a family player too, but I absolutely loved the furniture in Realm of Magic. And, with werewolves, we might finally get body hair. There has always been something I have gotten out of all the packs. Although I haven’t played with JTB yet, I hear there are things to buy in Batuu for children there too. And, it’s a pretty sure thing that generations will be coming out eventually.
    edited April 2021

whatever it doesn't really bother me I still had fun regardless of what happens next so I'm happy

I agree, it is fun to speculate. It's like watching a reality tv show. Watching all the drama, whether positive or negative ;)

Watching someone so hopelessly bad at PR stumble to do something right.
    Don't get me wrong, it's just a game and it's not worth getting upset over. But I do think that speculation is the natural outcome of the tweets and that's why I'm a bit irritated. The gurus have hinted packs in a similar manner in the past. That's why the community interprets their banter that way.
    edited April 2021

You guys are too much lol😂
    It's called FUN. LOL everyone seems to have forgotten what that is. Why is everyone so hardcore serious geez you guys make me tense 😌
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I always thought announcements and what not came at 11:00am PST though?

Or is that just for trailers and livestreams?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I agree, it is fun to speculate. It's like watching a reality tv show. Watching all the drama, whether positive or negative ;)

Watching someone so hopelessly bad at PR stumble to do something right.

I just enjoy talking about what might come
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    This game is proceeding so sloooowwlyyy. When they finally add body hair and fix restaurants I will be 88 years old and need a nurse to use the keyboard ;) .
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I wish they'd fix the bugs instead of playing on social media.
    This game is proceeding so sloooowwlyyy. When they finally add body hair and fix restaurants I will be 88 years old and need a nurse to use the keyboard ;) .

That's why I uninstalled it a couple months ago. Everything takes too longggggg. By the time we get an Attraction System I'll be retired with six Cats :D:D
    Look, the gurus are not your friends. And while they do not deserve to be harassed or bullied on social media, it's not a crime to expect a bit more professionalism on their part. If it even is joking and not a hint, which I still think it might be. The community is frustrated for a lot of reasons, and among other issues, poor communication seems to be one of them.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

OMG... I never noticed this either... so many hints to Werewolves in the game.
    Also, I just thought of something. Is it possible they're waiting for a full moon to announce it? idk, just a dumb thought. but if it was werewolves i think it would be a cool idea.