Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✿ imoger's creations ✿ Suburban Chic - new build ✿

Comments

• imogerimoger Posts: 5,783 Member
    @rosemow Thanks so much, dear Rose, I didnt know about that till you said :)

@JojoMOMSTER Many thanks for stopping for a comment and the follow, Im happy you like my creations :)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Your WIP are looking stunning! <3
    Congrats on your showcase thread has being highlighted this week! YAY!
    Thank you very much for the nice words, dear Inma <3
    hugs
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I decided to pop-in after seeing you featured on the Friday Highlights. Your work is really nice, the garden is beautiful and your profile pic is handsome. It's always the way a Sim's eyes are captured that draws me in the most.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Hi here @Hearts4u Thank you for checking my thread, Im glad to hear you like my creations :)
    Your avi is stunning :O
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    I came by to see your showcase all your builds are very beautiful and creative :)
  • KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member
    Your sims are so handsome and your builds are lovely!
    Origin ID: ScarletteII
    @chips46 Thank you for the kind comments on my creations :)

@Kvelvet Hi here, thanks for visiting my thread, Im happy you like my work :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congrats on your thread being featured in the highlights, very well deserved <3 Stunning pics of the WIP outdoor and indoor garden, love the theme here :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thanks so much for your kind support @masajo
    I try to finish that build, but whenever I think its finished, I find things to modify or add here and there lol
    edited May 2021
    Modern Zen Garden (soon-soon) - NoCC/NoMoo

More pictures about my new build which will be available in my gallery soon.

Modern, asian inspired build with 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, open living areas, wellness with sauna and indoor pool, large terrace, space for hobbies and skills, lots of green inside and of course outside.
    No Moveobjects or any mods/cheats used.

The shell shape based on my sims3-build: Cypress Park, but the sims4 version has different style and areas.
    And since I'm not that creative with names, I will name it Modern Zen Garden :)

Some of these pictures are only temporary until I get the live-mode ones, but my goal was to post these these pictures here to force myself to stop adding and modifying stuff. I decided to finish many times, then keep finding something I want to add still - basement, and back garden with pergola, extended terrace with more greenery - or change small details here and there.
    So excuse me for the horrible fast editing here and there - and prepare for the picture flooding, more interiors coming with finishing up everything
    :)

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B1.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B2.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B9.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B3.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B13.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B28.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B21.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B14.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B15.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B16.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B23.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B24.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B25.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B26.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B27.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B32.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B20.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B29.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B6.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B4.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B10.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B7.jpg

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B8.jpg
    Post edited by imoger on
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Modern Zen Garden is absolutely stunning. I love the building shape and the colours. The gardens are truly amazing! <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Modern Zen Garden is such a very beautiful Asian themed home! :) It looks so very special!Very lovely exterior design, the outdoors design, landscaping, layout is so very nice, and the interior furnishings are so very beautiful! The colours used throughout the home are so very pretty! Very great roofing! The garden beds, flowers, zen decor, red maple, and trees are very lovely! Very nice pool areas! The hot tub patio is very nice. Very nice water fountains and sculptures. The loungers garden patio and balcony areas are so very nice! Very nice chess nook! The indoors garden area is pretty! The living room is very nice! The curtains, and the vases of flowers are pretty!
    It is such a very peaceful home! The outdoors is brought indoors and sims can also enjoy spending time outdoors! It is a very special combination of both the indoors and outdoors areas of the home! The outside dining, kitchen, and grill area with alternating coloured chairs are very nice!
    It is a very lovely home! :)
    I know that you will be adding more interior photos later on but I wanted to post now how beautiful it is!
    Thanks, dear Inma, Im happy you like my build. <3
    The top is kinda flat, but there are several shape variety horizontally all around the build, every corner is different :)
    Many many thanks for your lovely and detailed comment on my creations, dear! @rosemow <3
    It feels wonderful, that you noticed the atmosphere I tried to create - to make the indoor/outdoor border kinda invisible.

Although the whole build is quite large, it still feels compact and comfortable to play - the areas dont give that feel that they are empty and useless.

I also try to be careful with items not blocking the view for the gameplay - cause I hope ppl will enjoy to play in the houses I built.

I like to play around with all the small details to make it complete, I dont mind the time it requires, I just need the inspiration with the main idea - so I take my time to wait for it.

The balcony with the chess nook below came with the need of the basement entrance for hobbies. The basement has 3 rooms for any hobbies the player would like to practice - with a minimum design, no specific item added -, as also a small bathroom for the simneeds.

There were no basement when I started this years ago, and after finishing the interiors, I didnt find a good spot inside for the stairs (I miss spiral staircases....) So just added a stair outside, but to make it realistic, I added a "roof" for it with the available tools - cause no MOO - so the rain wouldn't flow down to the basement ;)

Actually, I was very surprised how many items works well without using MOO, even the red maple tree and the oak tree can blend together so close, and several of the rocks and bushes aswell.

I hope there won't be any major issue with the playtest, and I can present this home soon :)
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member

Hello @imoger :) thank you so much for coming to my thread to comment, I have always admired your creations, your builds are always beautiful and inspiring. I Love <3 Summer Garden both the garden areas and the interior rooms are perfection as always :)
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    This is a fantastic build. I love the colour scheme and how "zen" and peaceful it is. It's got really good feng shui ! The gardens are really pretty as well. Beautiful. Must have taken a while to build!
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    Hi here @luckyheather Thank you very much for the kind comment on my creations, Im very happy you find my creations inspiring :)
    with losing recolour-tool, its harder to customize everything the way we want, so its harder to create unique style as we were used to in sims3, but I try to work around it, which is even more challenging sometimes without using Moo.

Many thanks for your lovely comment on my new build @Neashaleigh
    Im not a fast builder, usually spend months with finishing something, but this ony I actually started several years ago. lol
    I was not inspired to do the interiors, I only worked on it in the last couple of months, I cant even keep track how much time I put into the details. Thank you for noticing, Im happy you like my build :)
    edited May 2021
    MODERN ZEN GARDEN
    no moveobjects - no custom content - playtested

Modern, asian inspired family home: 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, open living-dining-kitchen, wellness with sauna and indoor pool, large terraces, space for hobbies and skills, laundry.

Download

The shell shape based on my sims3 Cypress Park, but the sims4 version has different style and areas, bringing back the atmosphere of my sims3 Modern Zen Garden taking the garden inside and the living areas outside. (Check the links for Sims3 versions if you interested.) I built the shell at least 3-4 years ago, only worked on interiors very slowly in the last half year when felt inspiration.

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B1.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B2.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B4.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B6.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B7.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B8.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B9.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B10.jpg

Living area with dining and open kitchen - access to the garden

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B11.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B12.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B13.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B14.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B15.jpg

Office

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B16.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B17.jpg

Wellness with sauna and indoor pool - connection to the front and back garden

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B18.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B19.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B20.jpg

Master bedroom (1st) with bath and dressing room

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B21.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B22.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B23.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B24.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B25.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B26.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B27.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B28.jpg

Indoor Zen Garden on 2nd floor - open to the first floor -, with piano nook, fireplace and common bathroom.
    A little zen path leading to the bedrooms.

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B29.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B30.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B31.jpg

Master bedroom (2nd) with 2 connected baths

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B32.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B33.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B34.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B35.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B36.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B37.jpg

Kids' bedrooms - suitable for boys and/or girls

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B38.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B39.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B40.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B41.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B42.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B43.jpg

Large terrace to relax

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B44.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B45.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B46.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B46-.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B47.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B48.jpg

Chess nook and stairs to the basement

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B49.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B50.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B51.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B52.jpg

Pool area with barbecue, reading nook, hot tub and even can watch TV

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B53.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B54.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B55.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B56.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B57.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B67.jpg

Exterior pictures and overviews

Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B58.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B59.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B60.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B61.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B62.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B63.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B64.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B65.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B66.jpg
    Modern%2BZen%2BGarden%2B-%2B68.jpg

Some areas were too small to take good angle pictures, but can check on overview or in game. I tried to create player friendly layout as much as I could. Some little deco-changes and laundry baskets added after picture taking.
    Post edited by imoger on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    I will repost here what I wrote earlier and add a little more now that you have finished and uploaded your home
    Modern Zen Garden is such a very beautiful Asian themed home! :) It looks so very special!Very lovely exterior design of the building! The outdoors design, landscaping, layout is so very nice! The interior furnishings are so very beautiful! The colours used throughout the home are so very,very pretty! Very great roofing! The garden beds, flowers, zen decor, red maples, and green trees are very lovely! Very nice pool areas! The hot tub patio is very nice.Very nice water fountains and sculptures. The loungers garden patio and balcony areas are so very nice! Very nice chess nook! The indoors zen garden area is pretty! The living room is very nice! The curtains, and the vases of flowers are pretty! The outside dining, kitchen, and grill area with alternating coloured chairs are very nice!
    Very nice indoors pool and sauna area! The design and colors of the bedrooms are very lovely!
    It is such a very peaceful home! The outdoors is brought indoors and sims can also enjoy spending time outdoors! It is a very special combination of both the indoors and outdoors areas of the home!
    It is a very lovely home! :)
    edited May 2021
    @rosemow Thank you very much for taking time again to give such a lovely detailed feedback on my creation, dear Rose :) Reading your opinion how you see those areas I spent days to create is really nice, inspires me to start to create again. Many thanks again <3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Awesome work with Modern Zen Garden, everything about this place is absolutely stunning, a true masterpiece :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @masajo Im happy you like my new build, thank you so much for your lovely comment :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    I love your Modern Zen Garden, the colors pop and wow me, I love your design and all the beauty you have added to this build, super wonderful and lovely.. Glad to see you back creating again!! <3
    Thank you very much, dear Bree! :)
    Not sure how actively I will build, I was never a fast creator and now I dont even have that much time either.
    But this was fun to make after I inspired about the concept for the interiors.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top