Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are any of your Sims "professional students"?

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
A professional student is a student who stays in school for many years, never to actually embark on a career.

I have one Sim who collects degrees, he has 7 right now - all Distinguished and with Honors. He has never had a job (will never get one) and "lives" off of the scholarship money, that's literally how he pays his bills. He has his own house and attends school off-campus (the only way to do it if you ask me). He's also married with a couple of kids (his wife is a stay-at-home mom). I even went and registered him with the Ministry of Labor tonight as a "Professional Student", so it's official lol.

Do you have any professional student Sims?

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,903 Member
    No, but thanks for the idea :D one more challenge to add in my list :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nope. I never even thought of it. It's a clever scenario, though, and I like clever. But I'm not as fond of going to school itself. I'd never be able to stick with it for more than a few terms (if that), which would nullify the point of the exercise, lol. Soooo, I seriously doubt I'll ever try it. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Nope. I never even thought of it. It's a clever scenario, though, and I like clever. But I'm not as fond of going to school itself. I'd never be able to stick with it for more than a few terms (if that), which would nullify the point of the exercise, lol. Soooo, I seriously doubt I'll ever try it. :lol:

Lol I can’t do university living on campus, I always keep my Sim in their regular house in whatever world and just have them disappear on the street when they “go to class”. It works for me.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »

Lol I can’t do university living on campus, I always keep my Sim in their regular house in whatever world and just have them disappear on the street when they “go to class”. It works for me.

Oh, haha. I got that. What I meant by "going to school" was the process of getting a degree. I wouldn't live on campus either. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :lol: I've got one sim currently in uni, and after only his second term I'm already keen for his graduation to hurry up and get here, lol. I've never been able to complete a degree program before, so I'm determined to get this one done. But more than that? Nah, probably not!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    My sim just finished up her fourth degree. She also lives off campus and is raising a family. I plan on having her complete all the degrees but right now she's taking a little break.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I was thinking of doing something like that with a vampire Sim because then I wouldn't have to worry about aging and could just do it at my leasure! Ah, immortalty...as long as you stay out of the sun.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

No. Interesting notion you have going on for your Sim. I'm in the process of having one Sim get a degree before sending her husband to get his. One degree per Sim is my usual.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    No. Interesting notion you have going on for your Sim. I'm in the process of having one Sim get a degree before sending her husband to get his. One degree per Sim is my usual.

Oh ok. I handled 4 at a time once. >:)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited April 2021
    No, I actually don’t care for University in this game, I play rotationally and University is boring to me. Maybe there will come a time when I enjoy playing it. I am curious though, can non students sit in on lectures and things at night?
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    wow! Thanks for the info! never knew about that! next i gotta try it myself.
    As for the staying home thing- i completely agree- it is better that they stay home- i find it easier because you can have a kitchen to eat at, and take better care of needs. although i have yet to send a sim to uni so maybe that is also funner.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    No, I don't have any "professional students" but I do have one Sim who has already earned about 8 degrees. He's not a professional student because he's also had several jobs. He uses his degrees to get high-level jobs, with a signing bonus and 3 vacation days. He quits or switches jobs when the vacation days run out. He's limited to one signing bonus per week but there's no limit on the vacation days.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Nope. The university gameplay feels too grueling for that. I am usually done with it by the second semester. I have some with multiple degrees, but they always leave start a career someday.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Oh ok. I handled 4 at a time once. >:)

I have two at a time currently and it's really not bad ... provided you don't mind abandoning your rotation for 3 sims weeks :#

I don't have any professional students yet but when I plan to have a sim change careers, I send them to college to get a degree first.
    Post edited by SimsLady2000 on
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2021
    It's a very good idea and I might try it. I enlarged one of the private houses in Britechester to add 6 students with the elderly couple looking after them, instead of putting them in dorms. They all had their own computers, studied together in the study I made for them and went out to bars and studied at the University Library together. That took care of their social needs. They even went skating on the ice rink, (next to the Library there) together. They all applied for university there and most were accepted.

I got a bit tired though and gave up as it was a bit stressful!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    Goodness no. Even a perfect student uses up all of their young adult life stage and then some, just to do one degree.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've always thought that it might have been a good idea to send your young adults to university and they come back later fully educated and with a degree! Rather like sending them out to work. B)
    edited April 2021
    Goodness no. Even a perfect student uses up all of their young adult life stage and then some, just to do one degree.

I always play with aging off, so I never considered that issue lol
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited April 2021
    no :lol: I struggle to even get them complete one degree without getting bored to death

but perhaps thats just cause I'm not very studious myself :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I have considered it, but haven't done it.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    I never thought of that, it sounds kinda fun. Except that I play on rotation.

I guess if I wasn't fussed about them getting an A+ I could rotate away after a week and leave them to it, I do that with some uni students and they seem to get a random grade when I return.

I've currently got 15 students at uni lol (8 at Britechester and 7 at Foxbury) so maybe I could do it with one of them after they go home from this degree.
    I never thought of that, it sounds kinda fun. Except that I play on rotation.

I guess if I wasn't fussed about them getting an A+ I could rotate away after a week and leave them to it, I do that with some uni students and they seem to get a random grade when I return.

I've currently got 15 students at uni lol (8 at Britechester and 7 at Foxbury) so maybe I could do it with one of them after they go home from this degree.

Rotation doesn’t work well for me when it comes to University. Sims end up glitched out stuck in programs and unable to graduate or complete the term when I return to them. So I always have to finish the term with them before rotating to another family.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    Rotation doesn’t work well for me when it comes to University. Sims end up glitched out stuck in programs and unable to graduate or complete the term when I return to them. So I always have to finish the term with them before rotating to another family.
    I guess it may depend on what point you return to them. I always make sure that at least a sim week has passed before I return, then when I load the lot I just get the pop up about would they like to re-enroll for the next semester. Unless, of course, they already graduated without me.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I was thinking of getting several degrees for my vampire :) She now has one and well, she sort of has two, because she's an older version of my TS2 sim who went to uni back then and got a degree.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2021
    The most degrees I have gotten for one sim are three degrees. I could maybe have gone on for longer but I got bored, much like a 100 baby challenge or any other challenge where you need to play the game for a long time, the challenge is to keep yourself entertained for that long...

I often need to mix it up, so the most fun I had was probably playing with spellcasters, or freelance programmers and have them study at the dorms.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    I like the feeling of my sim being attached to something bigger than themselves. I think university was made cleverly. Eventually cave, then my sim works.