Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News Next Week? 👀 Livestream Tuesday 4/27

Comments

• Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I only wish I were interested in a pack geared specifically for family play or a pack geared specifically for occult play. Sadly, I'm not. But I haven't yet completely given up on something all about music. Bands (including singers and some new instruments), orchestras, concerts, concert halls, updates to enable existing venues to host shows, new radio stations, some new DJ stuff (like less music that sounds meant for children's parties and more that sounds good in nightclubs), some career(s) stuff, maybe more, and hopefully with multiple genres that are not just different flavors of pop. I don't know if they'd do a whole EP for such a thing, or include a world with it. But hey, I can hope, so I do.

I'm so tired of regular rock bands. I'd love to see symphonies or orchestras instead.

why not both

How about Pop Bands?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I only wish I were interested in a pack geared specifically for family play or a pack geared specifically for occult play. Sadly, I'm not. But I haven't yet completely given up on something all about music. Bands (including singers and some new instruments), orchestras, concerts, concert halls, updates to enable existing venues to host shows, new radio stations, some new DJ stuff (like less music that sounds meant for children's parties and more that sounds good in nightclubs), some career(s) stuff, maybe more, and hopefully with multiple genres that are not just different flavors of pop. I don't know if they'd do a whole EP for such a thing, or include a world with it. But hey, I can hope, so I do.

I'm so tired of regular rock bands. I'd love to see symphonies or orchestras instead.

why not both

Both would be fine! Just not only rock bands.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    What stinks is either way, it’ll get people excited for a weeks until it releases. Then for about a week, there’ll be some more. Then there’ll be weeks of waiting for something else because packs eventually get boring. Then we’ll just repeat the cycle. Same goes with patches if they bring anything. Sims 4 is extremely lacking. You’ll be entertained at most a week before waiting for something
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    is anyone else waiting to age up there toddlers till we see weather there will be an update tomorrow
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited April 2021
    What stinks is either way, it’ll get people excited for a weeks until it releases. Then for about a week, there’ll be some more. Then there’ll be weeks of waiting for something else because packs eventually get boring. Then we’ll just repeat the cycle. Same goes with patches if they bring anything. Sims 4 is extremely lacking. You’ll be entertained at most a week before waiting for something

It's cool that we play in different ways. I'm glad I don't base my game on pack by pack, but use a little of everything all along. I think there is still some feature from all packs that I did not yet have time to explore fully. I did not even go to Sixam just once to check it out, although I planned to do so for years, LOL. There are many careers that I think will be fun to play, but that I did not yet check out - some probably even from the base game. I hardly maxed any skills and accomplished just a very few aspirations. Completed no collections, and my list of future building projects is still growing. There are still stories I planned a few years ago that I have not yet gotten to, LOL. Despite all this, I play the game almost daily for a few hours. So - in my book a new pack won't get worn out very quickly, but they all will add to what I already have, and often making old features more interesting, too. I also skip a new pack every now and then - some times they are released too quickly, while other packs that are announced can't be released soon enough, lol.

I'm very eager to learn about the upcoming packs though, mostly because I'm in desperate need of a new world :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    is anyone else waiting to age up there toddlers till we see weather there will be an update tomorrow

I am waiting with one of my Sims having babies because I want her to have them with better/updated babies. ^^
  • FlewingFlewing Posts: 95 Member
    I'm HOPING we'll get an announcement today. I really need some new Sims content.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I am waiting with one of my Sims having babies because I want her to have them with better/updated babies. ^^

Lol same. I have two saves on hold for the same reason ever since they announced their intent to free the babies.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »

Lol same. I have two saves on hold for the same reason ever since they announced their intent to free the babies.

When was this announced? 🤔
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Didn’t they? I might be confusing ravasheen’s finding out a baby age in the game codes as said intent.

Man, I am sorry to be a fake news source. And I am sorry to my babies for holding on to false hopes, Welp, guess there’s no use holding on to y’all anymore.

*Clicks Age Up*
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

It's cool that we play in different ways. I'm glad I don't base my game on pack by pack, but use a little of everything all along. I think there is still some feature from all packs that I did not yet have time to explore fully. I did not even go to Sixam just once to check it out, although I planned to do so for years, LOL. There are many careers that I think will be fun to play, but that I did not yet check out - some probably even from the base game. I hardly maxed any skills and accomplished just a very few aspirations. Completed no collections, and my list of future building projects is still growing. There are still stories I planned a few years ago that I have not yet gotten to, LOL. Despite all this, I play the game almost daily for a few hours. So - in my book a new pack won't get worn out very quickly, but they all will add to what I already have, and often making old features more interesting, too. I also skip a new pack every now and then - some times they are released too quickly, while other packs that are announced can't be released soon enough, lol.

I'm very eager to learn about the upcoming packs though, mostly because I'm in desperate need of a new world :)

This exactly. You know I just started playing the actual jungle adventures for the first time about a week ago? I'm loving the environment and traps 😂😂Yet I've had the pack since release, though I've vacationed there many times I've never actually got around to exploring the jungle because there was so much other stuff that kept me busy😅
    Same with careers and many other things.
    I never wait for a pack out of "boredom" only excitement to find out what it is and how I can fit it into😁😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »

When was this announced? 🤔

They didn't announce it, but there were many hints.
  • DemongradDemongrad Posts: 44 Member
    Maybe it's a music pack?

You know that [REDUCTED] only works if you are playing with musician sims and the new musicians-system

I would be realy happy to finally have rock bands and pop singers back in the game. I mean, I'm desperate for it!
    Werewolfs might be cool manly becasue they could come with body-hair but gameplay-wise I'm not very excited to get that kind of content. About fairies and dragons I couldn't care less, but if it's something you would like in the game - I'm hoping for you that you will get it at some point.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    To be honest at the moment I'm kind of anxious about an announcement, rumors are saying either Fairies or Generations, and out of those two fairies is the one I want the most, but I can already see how the community will react. I feel like the ugly side will definitely return if it is an occult (and it's already starting to) and I can't deal with the toxicity getting right up like it was when Batuu came out. I don't want it to get back to the stage of only going on "positivity threads" to be excited for a pack that I've wanted for 7 years and avoiding all the screaming and fighting and anger over optional game dlc

I'm not expecting anything today though, I'm thinking if there is something they'll announce it next week in early May again like Eco Lifestyle last year.
  • DemongradDemongrad Posts: 44 Member
    > @Onverser said:
    > To be honest at the moment I'm kind of anxious about an announcement, rumors are saying either Fairies or Generations, and out of those two fairies is the one I want the most, but I can already see how the community will react. I feel like the ugly side will definitely return if it is an occult (and it's already starting to) and I can't deal with the toxicity getting right up like it was when Batuu came out. I don't want it to get back to the stage of only going on "positivity threads" to be excited for a pack that I've wanted for 7 years and avoiding all the screaming and fighting and anger over optional game dlc
    >
    > I'm not expecting anything today though, I'm thinking if there is something they'll announce it next week in early May again like Eco Lifestyle last year.

Even if generations will come out, people will find reasons to complain. I think there is a difference between complaining becasue it's not the content you wanted (in which case, these people should get over it or just don't buy it) and complaining becasue the pack was made poorly. I am a huge Star Wars fan since I've been a little child (And I'm going to be 30 in a few years - It's been a long time since) but I think that Batuu was the lowest point in the sims history at a franchise. I'm not against having a Star Wars pack. I was even very excited when it was announced. But a "click-here, click there" advertisment of a disney amusment park is realy low.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    I wouldn't be anxious. The Star Wars pack was an extremely left-field choice for many players and has less of the same demographic. It did not land well for most players because not only was it completely unasked for, it was also poorly executed. I would be more into a Generations pack but if we got fae with romance enhancement and a new world then I'd be happy. I reckon Generations won't come until they have freed babies in a patch anyway. There will always be some complaints but I don't think any descent would be worse than the Star Wars announcement. Even when it was plainly obvious that the pack was going to be Star Wars everyone was reaching for it not to be. You're not seeing nearly as much desperate hopes as then on this forum...... think most people just could not believe it lol. Aslong as they flesh out a Fae pack with some elements that can cross over with other gameplay styles then I think it will be alright. All they need for occult packs is a toggle switch and that solves that issue for people that want the cross over gameplay but don't want occult.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    To be honest at the moment I'm kind of anxious about an announcement, rumors are saying either Fairies or Generations, and out of those two fairies is the one I want the most, but I can already see how the community will react. I feel like the ugly side will definitely return if it is an occult (and it's already starting to) and I can't deal with the toxicity getting right up like it was when Batuu came out. I don't want it to get back to the stage of only going on "positivity threads" to be excited for a pack that I've wanted for 7 years and avoiding all the screaming and fighting and anger over optional game dlc

I'm not expecting anything today though, I'm thinking if there is something they'll announce it next week in early May again like Eco Lifestyle last year.

Exactly this. Why is anyones excitement more valuable than another? I want occult too but I can already see where this is going if it is an occult. Yet if it's family related I'm going to be super happy for them because more occults WILL come at some point as well as more "family" play. Everyone deserves a turn to get what they might like. I just don't see why we can't be happy for eachother.....

Plus the sims was never build a bear. You got what they gave you but they were kind enough to listen to players and implement things they might want most. Now people have turned it into I GET WHAT I WANT AND I GET IT NOW OR I RIOT RAWRRRR😡
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Oops now I feel bad I don't want fairies. But if is fairies I will need to voice my discontent otherwise they think everybody likes fairies and then the next pack will be unicorns. :)
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I'm just hoping that they actually release something today, otherwise I know that many people are going to be disappointed. The skeptic in me just thinks that SimGuruGeorge was asking a harmless question and then the others started to tease him about it.
    edited April 2021
    Edit: He deleted the tweet, but here's a pic of it - because I'm fast.

lCYSBIW.png

Werewolves confirmed! 😄
    edited April 2021
    Werewolves confirmed! 😄

The Pink Supermoon is tonight... could very well have been planned this way all along.

But he could very well just be yanking our chain about it all.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I'm just hoping that they actually release something today, otherwise I know that many people are going to be disappointed. The skeptic in me just thinks that SimGuruGeorge was asking a harmless question and then the others started to tease him about it.

The realist in me agrees with the bolded part. That's why I tried to post the tweets where they said it wasn't a hint. (There's one for the moon pic too, but people won't believe it)
    It's all just harmless speculation. Let us have our fun. 🙂