Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 24: "For who could ever love a beast?"

bWlJFHs.png

Notes
    0ZJFmev.png
    This post is mostly a skilling extravaganza with the entire family. Let's start with Essa. As you've probably guessed by the daily post pic, the cowplant finally grew and she finished the Freelance Botanist aspiration! She also completed Painter Extraordinaire AND Renaissance Sim! I don't know how she completed Renaissance, she's only had the one job. o.O Anyway, I have screenshots for proof, but already had too many, so left them out. Take a good look at the Beast, it won't be around for long. Essa took a little time to play with it.

VGbaktP.png
    Frank gave it a pet too. I imagine he's safe, those things don't eat metal. At least I don't think they do. o.O

EIbMgKJ.png
    Essa needed a new aspiration so she's now doing Lady of the Knits. I thought it would be nice for her to do it out on the balcony in her new rocking chair.

9gokSQS.png
    Josh has been studying Fabrication skills. He's maxed it out now, but was around Level 8 in this screenshot. Frank was downloading more Global Enhancements. He's now at Level 3 and is a Robo Nanny!

xPdakXp.png
    Uh, Josh? What exactly are you trying to fix back there? I may be biased, but I don't think your butt needs any work, it's perfect!

yJPAjSG.png
    Frank now gets around in hover mode. Those blue jet flames are pretty and the sound effects are cool too.

5ssayWx.png
    Oh, and he has a Buddy now, his friend the Immersive Bend computer. They're having a little chat here.

frichoF.png
    Frank and Josh had a friendly game of soccer on the upstairs landing. He's not too bad for a rookie.

JuxxcBR.png
    Josh however, is not a rookie, but he actually kicked the ball weird and it bonked him on the head. I rarely see Josh fail at anything athletic, so it was a big surprise to me, and him! Frank thought it was hilarious.

9lXh0d6.png
    Frank has been having a hard time keeping his social up because Josh and Essa are always busy skilling, so I got him a microphone. He enjoys telling jokes.

svUbRJ4.png
    I also discovered that he could practice acting using the microphone! It doesn't get his social up, but he has the Master Actor aspiration, so that's a good thing. Another option other than reading the skill books or using a mirror anyway.

hU49wh9.png
    Frank is learning, but he still does some silly things sometimes. He was supposed to be reading an Acting skill book. I found him out here sitting in the rain in the rocking chair though. At least he had enough sense to whip out an umbrella! Maybe he's bored of reading the books and was trying to end his misery? Nah, I think he just likes the rocking chair.

sVMGJ4j.png
    The family that skills together, stays together. Josh finished Fabrication so I had him start reading Knitting skills books. He's about ready to finish the second one and begin on the third.

JX1hJYj.png
    Well, at least I thought he was, he had other ideas. Josh does this ALL the time, he looks straight at me with the one eyebrow raised. He refused to read that skill book, I even sold it and bought another one. Nope, not happening. The option to read it was grayed out with no explanation. Maybe he's getting sick of reading skill books too? Hmm...

vsvHLys.png
    Okay, fair enough, guess you get to actually knit too! Naner Naner!
    "Seriously? Me? Knit?"
    Yep, you'll do great, don't worry! ;)

OkaU6gj.png
    "Hey look Beautiful, I'm knitting too!"

31dZ3Rf.png
    "What!? Oh wow, you are. But...why?"

XK9KvvO.png
    "I tried getting out of it, but the Watcher's too smart. She made me."

eMoalme.png
    "Do you like it?"
    "Yeah, actually. It's kind of fun, relaxing. But don't tell her that."
    Too late! I heard you!

RNDIxwV.png
    Oh dear, too bad, so sad when that happens! NOT! Buh Bye Beast! You'll make a great decoration in Strangerville! >:)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2021
    Great.. my update I spent time to post is not even showing up.

I did reply to all and congrats about their graduations and Essa's promotion.

So, here is how Jules And Essa look at my game :

QdJdkek.png
    paXH7IX.png
    pkd5ZfL.png
    Hugs ,,

Congrats to all for graduating <3 that is great.
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    also..
    @permanentrose and @Skeilah , great group pics!

• Options
    *Updated my April 24th post above! :)

@Ellupelluellu

Oh man, that's a bummer. :( I wonder what happened. I hope you can get it figured out and post them soon. I absolutely LOVE Essa's new look. She looks fabulous! Is that she and Nik's Son Everett sitting on the couch? I'm guessing it is. :) Jules looks great too! Thanks for sharing these! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52 , I have no idea what happened. I wrote the post, comments and pics , hit the preview, then "post comment" , no errors or stuff, it just was not there.

I edited my rant away, I'll try again today , this time I save it to word first :)

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu - Huh, that is so bizarre! I always write mine in a text document then copy and paste them here. I've had my posts disappear too, but it's usually my own fault or a computer glitch, power went out, etc. Good idea saving to Word first! :) Glad to hear you'll try again! :)
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    April 25
    g9P5ONh.png

Behind the scenes
    AJBVmM3.png
    While Bryon was at the graduation ceremony, Randi was very busy in the backyard, finishing the final touches.

(Randi) "That's perfect! One cake, for no one to touch until the candles disappear again. Let the party begin! I'm so happy with how everything turned out."

uwvPNJq.png
    But then, out of nowhere, Jerrod showed up and he was madddddd. (for real, I didn't get him there, he really just showed up with a really angry mood)

(for those who forgot about Jerrod: he's actually Randi's previous husband. You know, the one who 'continued his life' after he thought Randi was dead).

(Jerrod) “Randi?! I know you’re in there! Is it true?! Do you have a boyfriend now?!”
    (Randi) “Yes, but why does that matter to you? What are you doing here, Jerrod? You moved on a long time ago without me.”
    (Jerrod) “She broke everything off. I lost my job! Randi, I need you!”
    (Randi) “Hahaha. Suits you right. It took me so long to finally forget you and move on. Leave me alone. I don’t want anything to do with you anymore.”

HAHnsus.png
    (Jerrod) "You don't mean that! You never forgot about me! You need me!!!! I'm coming inside."

daAeFfP.png
    (Randi, in herself) "Bryon, Isaius and Johnny will be back soon, but I need someone to help me right now..."

(Randi) "Don't you dare opening that door. My boyfriend will be here any second, and he'll make sure you never come near here anymore."
    (Jerrod) “What’s he gonna do? I bet he’s just a chubby unemployed man.”
    (Randi) “From what I can see, you’re the chubby, unemployed man."
    (Jerrod) "Don't you dare talking back to me!!!"

WO9nbcL.png
    And by some miracle, Bryon and Patrick arrived at the scene at the same time.

Bryons Diary
    (Bryon) “Jerrod? What are you doing here?”
    (Jerrod) “Leave me alone, Bryon. I got some business with your mom, not with you. Stay out of this.”
    (Patrick) “So, I guess you are the one I need to deal with.”

H0I5ht4.png
    (Jerrod) “And who might you be?!”
    (Patrick) “My name is Patrick Serna, Randi’s boyfriend. And you are annoying.”

At that moment I finally realised who the strange man was. The guy mom is so in love with. I know this is not the best introduction, but he sure scored some good points with me.

B93lhMx.png
    (Jerrod) "Go away, both of you. I only want to talk with Randi. Nothing more!"
    (Bryon) "Sureeeee, 'talk'. I heard you screaming two streets away from here."

Patrick looked at me.

(Patrick) “Hehe. You look a lot like your mom, Bryon. Both inside and outside."
    (Jerrod) "Ew. Keep those conversations away from me and let me through!"
    (Patrick) "I know these aren't the best circumstances, but I'd like to get to know you better later today."
    (Bryon) "Sounds great."
    (Patrick) "Give me a second."

zKvzX5o.png
    (Jerrod) "Hey! Stay away from me!!"
    (Patrick) "You stay away from my girlfriend first. You and her are done, okay?!"
    (Jerrod) "Oh, we'll see about that after I beat you up!"

GhyP7b9.png
    (Randi) "Oh Patrick, be careful!!"

hrUb4H1.png
    (Bryon) "I really don't want to get into a fight with Patrick for sure."

yynSZLZ.png
    In the end, Patrick won the fight.

(Patrick) "Who beat who, hm? Get your butt out off here and make sure that I'll never see it again!"

NPnNOX5.png
    (Jerrod) "I'm so done with all of you!!!!!"

gzHphUw.png
    Jerrod leaves the scene. A smile appears on Randi's face.

(Randi) "Well, we took care of that right on time! The party is about to start soon."

fpoblCf.png
    (Bryon) “Thank you everyone for being here today. Today is a big day for some of us: graduation! Congrats to you all, you did great!”

G4KteBD.png
    Of course, not everyone was listening that well to my speech, but that's okay.

juOGJtm.png
    As the evening went on, more and more people arrived at the party: friends from college, the Partihaus gang, family members, ...

WzJgBqr.png
    And eventually it was time for the big moment.. The gender reveal!! Kristine really wanted to help opening the boxes, so I picked her up.

(Bryon) "Ready?"
    (Kristine) "Yes!!!"

HKx13zx.png
    The boxes pop open and the genders are revealed with balloons.

(Kristine) "Whoaaaa!!!! Yippeeeee!"

hCgWEcw.png
    We got a boy and a girl!!!

CVaiTqr.png
    People gathered together to dance until exhausted! Just look at how cute these two are <3

Mom already decided to sleep at Patrick’s place tonight so that Johnny could sleep over here, in her bed. I have this feeling that mom won’t stay long anymore. I’m happy for her, but at the same time, I’ll miss her.

JY0CTYb.png
    (Also, I aged Kristine up to be a kid, but I used a kid height slider so she's just a little bigger than her toddler-version. Look how small she is! She can barely see something when she's sitting on a chair, hahahahaha!)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Splitting this into two spoilers again just because there's a lot of photos :)

Update 114 - Adulting

w7V3o3r.png

Notes:
    (Notice that she's wearing her mother's watch in her career outfit and also a handful of her other outfits <3)

"I packed you a lunch for your first day of work!" Dell told her, handing Jules a brown bagged lunch.
    5ddmTWT.png

"You are too good to me," Jules said with a smile, giving her a hug.
    9ymlPXu.png

And then she was off to her first day of work! She came back with no moodlets, but looking kind of happy?
    kUVDk8A.png

And two days later, she received a promotion.
    TXGsXYH.png

And it was also the day that Dell and Sofia were moving out :(

Lots of hugs and tearful goodbyes, and I thought I'd share the cutest hug <3
    y6ounDs.png

And then they were off to the city...
    JJFiWsy.png

"Lenny!" Ruby screamed, tears began to flood her eyes. "Lenny come back!"
    wfR7SMg.png

"It will be okay, baby girl," Jules soothed, wiping Ruby's tears away, though her chest was tight too. Goodbyes were always hard.
    5n6eJ6U.png
    Nw2yzH5.png
    The next day, Nikki came over to watch Ruby while Jules went to work, and it was a difficult transition.

"No, Mommy, no!!!! Don't go!!!"
    aiKtrLw.png

"It's okay, Ruby," Nikki said, bending down to gently pry her off of Jules' leg. "I have lots of fun things to do with you today."
    WduAhqf.png

"We'll be okay," Nikki assured her, as Jules headed out the door to work.
    382WyXB.png

And Ruby did calm down quickly once Nikki showed her the playdoh she had brought for her to play with.
    y4rGIVg.png

And the days passed by, and they fell into a comfortable routine. Nikki always brought such fun activities to do with Ruby, and soon Ruby began to look forward to her days with Nikki.
    OdzYWiM.png
    wUdX8TB.png

One day, Jules even brought home a block table that one of her co-workers was giving away.
    GiNweYR.png

And Jules decided to give Nikki a bonus, since she was such a wonderful addition to their lives.
    3fRd93T.png

Also, Emmett comes to visit often too. Things with Brittany haven't been great, but they are still hanging on....
    JhvRrbg.jpg
    (Don't mind how tall Emmett looks here, it's just the pose)

And soon, it was Harvestfest, and Jules and Ruby celebrated together. (Once again, I was like, I *could* dedicate a whole update to this and do something more elaborate with Jules' family and also Mario's, since of course Mario would want to see Ruby on Harvestfest, but I just wasn't feeling it, haha)
    syzko0R.png

Dell even autonomously called to chat. I like to think that they were wishing each other a happy Harvestfest, and also that Dell had exciting news that she and Sofia had applied to become foster parents! It seems like they're missing having a little one in their lives :)
    53HdTRC.png

But really this was what they were chatting about....those chat to gossip phone calls are OUT OF CONTROL :D
    NxDmEOh.png

And Jules also crafted an RC Quadcopter. She is almost at level 10 robotics. She also maxed out the writing skill, and is steadily making her way through the bestselling author aspiration.
    OjHGppU.png

Also Ruby has long since maxed all her skills. I know I need to age her up eventually...I'm just figuring stuff out with timing still :) Tomorrow is Mario's wedding, which Jules will be attending since Ruby will be attending. Ruby can't miss her dad's wedding, so Jules gets to awkwardly attend her ex's wedding so that she can take care of Ruby since Mario's whole family is going to be pretty busy and hectic with wedding stuff and won't be able to keep a proper eye on her.
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall
    Another good backstory - it really did make me sad to see Marnie trying to steal away a minute from her hectic life to read a trashy romance novel. Jasmyn's life seems rough, which is probably is gonna make Jazmyn a tough and resourceful kid. I'm excited to see what she looks like and what her personality is! Backstories are so much fun. My character, Jules, had a vague back story and some family members when I started playing her, but I've fleshed a lot of it out as I've played more, and it's really made Jules a meaningful character to me.

@Karababy52
    Haha your title made me a little sad for the cowplant. They are a little bit lovable sometimes, especially when you put a stereo next to them and they start dancing :D But I totally get not wanting to keep one of them around. I did it for a while with Rose and Carrie, and it just always ended up dead since I would forget about it haha, but yes, they do make lovely decorations, and it will especially fit that Strangerville vibe! Nice work with skilling! I always like a good play session every now and then when I plow through some skilling and then feel super accomplished. I think they fixed the knitting bug so that you can stop your knitting more easily and then go back to a project, so hopefully that aspiration won't be too tedious for you!

LOL, Josh trying to fix his butt :D He's like, I see the tiniest bit of flab, MUST FIX MY PERFECT BUTT :D

Frank is really cute. He's making me want a Servo at some point. Not now, but maybe somewhere down the line...since I have Jules pretty skilled at robotics now, it will be an option I can keep on the back burner.

Cute to see Essa and Josh knitting together too. I like that photo of them both look straight at you, very aware that they are just pawns in a virtual world, LOL. It would be so cute if Essa gets skilled faster than him though and then gets that option to teach him to knit <3<3

And the electrocutions have stopped now while she works at the table, and I do try to have her wear the arm when I remember to equip it since I read that it makes crafting go faster, and perhaps it does protect her as well :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Ugh, so frustrating when posts don't post, for whatever reason. Usually mine are because I accidentally reload the screen, so at least I can blame something, extra frustrating when you don't know what happened though. Anyway, Essa and Jules look great! Maybe if I get used to seeing Jules with that hair in your game, I'll actually convince myself to use it in the future, since as you know, I need more hair options for her since I'm so picky haha

@Skeilah
    So funny for Jerrod to show up just as you were introducing Randi's new BF. The sims has a way of doing that haha...And nice of Patrick to fight for her honor, and then he came out the victor, nice! Lol at Jess and Johnny not listening to his speech. They were just excited to see each other after being apart for so long :D Kristine's face during the gender reveal was so good too! I'm guessing you have the cake hidden behind the box and aged her up at that moment, since that's the only way I can think of toddlers being so expressive while being held :) She really is so cute sitting there at the table, all tiny, haha.

And nice reveal for the twins - a boy and a girl, so perfect <3
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Karababy52 - Congrats to Essa for completing the Freelance Botanist, Painter Extraordinaire and Renaissance Sim Aspirations. That is fantastic! And everyone is skilling, even Frank! That's great. Too bad about Essa's cowplant, but, yes, it will make a great decoration in Strangerville.

@Ellupelluellu - Jules and Essa look wonderful in your game. So sorry you lost your update write-up. I've had that happen, too. Very frustrating.

@permanentrose - Love the new outfit for Jules for her work, and yes, I did notice the watch. Nice touch. Congrats on the promotion. Jules is doing well in her career. And so sad when Dell, Sofia and Lenny....no...not Lenny,,,,have to move. Ahhh...heartbreaking photo of Ruby crying about Lenny leaving. And that shot of Ruby holding onto Jules leg when Jules wants to go to work...that seriously happens in real life. Thank goodness that Nikki has come to the rescue and brought some interesting items for Ruby to play with. Nikki is really a terrific nanny, and glad that Jules gave her a bonus. Nice photo of Emmett and Jules lifting Ruby up on a walk. Congrats to Jules for maxing the writing skill. Love the RC Quadcopter that Jules made.

@Skeilah - Wonderful gender reveal/graduation party. And the reveal is...
    a boy and a girl...lovely :) And the behind-the-scenes action with Jerrod coming back was tense. Glad that Randi's new boyfriend, Patrick, told Jerrod to leave them all alone...in no uncertain dust-cloud forming terms...lol And, Bryon already has some respect for Patrick for sticking up for Randi and the family. Brownie points for Patrick. Great start to getting to know Patrick. And wonderful age-up for Kristine, too. So much going on in this chapter.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Skeilah
    Glad I'm not the only one that gets nervous waiting for those grades!
    Lol... the "just one of them" was funny.
    Okay with the way you write stories I'm nervous about Patrick.. I want his mom to be happy!
    Yahhh grades are great!!
    Also what a good idea to use the chart to show the aspirations... maybe I'll make one up like that... without dates cause I'm not organized lol.
    For your graduation post lol is Bryon wearing pink heels with the robe? Either way great shots and yahh it's over! Love the military tie in!
    OMG what a wonderful grad picture for all of us!
    Wow for the post for the gender reveal. Jerrod made me laugh... I need you now!! There really are people like that though. Patrick really did score points for taking care of business too! Aww a boy and a girl!

@IllusoryThrall
    Wow nice character set up for Bennie. I really like seeing not perfect characters. You put a lot of effort into him so guessing he might be in the story for awhile.
    Aww I feel bad for Marnie already.. at the same time she's probably going to be pretty mad a lot, but it's good to know why.

@SoulGal7
    Wow you have really skilled Wolfgang up. He has so many options for University, and of course Sakura does too. It's really sweet seeing some day to day kind of stuff too.
    Rubanoid should be living with Roxanne for a little while (until I get tired of controlling two sims again or he fries or something!

@Ellupelluellu
    Your sims always look the most like they are really into University life. I don't even know how they get that face paint.
    Lol... I love that you got a shot of Melody defacing then cleaning the proper statues. No one is allowed to deface ours!!
    Bummer that you lost a long post.. I had that happen with the responses and it makes me want to close it up and say nope for awhile.

@Karababy52
    Soooo are we gonna see Josh in a crewcut??... or a shorter hair style? First thought that came to my mind. Roxanne hanging around your mailbox huh... sounds like a stalker to me!
    Really cute update with the "Beast" It really will fit right in in Strangerville. Frank is turning into quite the character too. Also whenever Josh does anything out of character it's the Watchers fault huh?.. of course it is!
    - You can set up Roxanne with Frank if you want too that could be pretty funny too. My Roxanne is pretty flighty lol.. no clue how long any of her "loves" might last.

@permanentrose
    The lipstick looks good on your sims in the pictures... but I agree in general overall I like the matte ones best.
    Great shots of the graduation.. and to hang on the walls too of course.
    Oh your nanny is so pretty! Did Jules get a touch of jealousy seeing how fast Ruby took to her.. it's weird cause I felt a twinge lol.
    -I'm not thinking that far ahead about Rubanoid being on the team with her in Strangerville lol. I just take it as it comes each time I play normally.
    Your next post was so long I don't know what to focus on! I love all her clothes and the shots are all so beautiful. Ruby is such a little character too.

I thought since @SoulGal7 asked it would be best to just put it here because I'm not sure what to do. When I went back to check Roxanne's traits somehow I didn't get a third trait for her when she aged up... Not sure if I should cheat it in? I guess I missed clicked something when it was going on?
    And OMG @Skeilah and @permanentrose what wonderful grad pictures!

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited April 2021
    Meet Benji
    04-25-21_1-10-49-pm.jpg
    Benjamin Malone Jr.: is better known by the shortening of Ben Jr. – Benji, and is the eldest of Bennie and Marnie’s kids. He was an only child for much of his early days, and his mother doted on him. At first, his father was an active and loving parent, and they seemed to be the perfect little family.
    04-25-21_1-11-06-pm.jpg
    By the time he was a child, things had definitely changed, though, and not for the better. He had learned to avoid his father’s quick temper, and Benji spent more and more time outside the house with a group of boys that became known as “the Kleptos”.
    04-25-21_1-01-26-pm.jpg
    By the time they were teens, they had basically taken over a local establishment and convinced the owners to turn it into a teenage rebel’s paradise. Woe to any other people who showed up, though, as the club was quick to cause mischief and torture any person they felt didn’t belong there.
    04-25-21_1-07-46-pm.jpg
    By this time, you see, Benji and his friends were grade “A” bullies. Benji had channeled his feelings of inferiority from his father’s treatment of him into retaliating on the world around him. He wasn’t about to talk back to his dad (unless pride dictated he do it in front of his friends) – but everyone else was fair game in his mind.
    04-25-21_1-06-09-pm.jpg
    04-25-21_1-41-44-pm.jpg
    The club stayed together because they had an unwritten rule to be friendly amongst themselves, and as the became teens, some of the boys started noticing girls and bringing them into the club, too. Benji wasn’t about to tell anyone, but he had a terrible crush on a friend’s girl, Shaylee. What this will do to his close relationship to his friend, Cade, is anyone’s guess.
    04-25-21_1-44-09-pm.jpg
    04-25-21_1-44-33-pm.jpg
    04-25-21_1-51-52-pm.jpg
    Also in the club were brothers Jack and Ryan, who were always vying for the blonde dancer, Emily’s attention. Which one would she pick, or would she stay wrapped up in her dream dancing career?
    04-25-21_1-47-05-pm.jpg
    04-25-21_1-47-18-pm.jpg
    Lastly, there was the sweethearts Jay and Rita, who seemed nigh inseparable. Benji hated the fact that he seemed to have lost his best friend, Jay, to a GIRL… but so far, he hadn’t made any waves about it. How long would that last with the jealousy already seething? Time will tell...
    04-25-21_1-04-26-pm.jpg
    benjioutfits.jpg
    benji.jpg
    Post edited by IllusoryThrall on
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall - Great background story for Benji, the eldest son.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited April 2021
    April 25: Black Wedding
    mlJ0pSE.png

I had a LOT of fun doing this. But I didn't have any expectations for a perfect wedding. Weddings do not go according to plan unless you really think about them and set them up and bleh I don't usually want to put all that effort in... like a lot of you fine folks will for your sims special moments.
    I decided not to even try and see what happened for the fun of it, and I definitely wasn't disappointed because of the way I play. I was laughing nearly the whole time, but if I want a "good wedding" a lot more work would need to go into it. I think Roxanne is going to have to have more than one of these during the challenge!
    I did of course absolutely know it was not a good idea to do this in the rain! Hehe..
    Anyway.. the whole shebang in multiple spoilers because it's a lot of pictures!
    kUNy9ZG.png
    The game chose black for Roxanne! It picked well of course lol.. It is sprinkling when they land..
    sbe5E3d.png
    Gathered in the front entrance of the Von Haunt Estate. Nester is having a blast!
    AzcULIj.png
    Roxanne flew to the alter... literally on a broomstick! Didn't get that shot. I knew it was going to be a long wait..
    ewf6Lyp.png
    Here comes the groom! With the light of love in his eyes...
    spRNtUd.png
    Ring drop moment right??
    v0ymDjK.png
    Think the umbrella will save him?
    J28LrU9.png
    Finally there! Time to start the ceremony!
    AZsyklX.png
    The moment we all knew would happen!
    gSqDDAK.png
    Roxanne doesn't look surprised... Neither am I lol.
    4HkP2fF.png
    You know.... you should never go into a relationship thinking you're going to fix them!
    xsuOG0c.png
    Rubanoid runs for cover when he's fixed! Yes... all the way back...
    FnOhX4Y.png
    Left at the alter!!
    MCPKTaI.png
    I almost made this the main shot... Archibald actually got undressed then dressed back up quick and Nester started laughing and I guess Archibald shocked himself (he is a proper sim). Good shot for the situation though..
    rRAw7E4.png
    Arrrrghhh! Roxanne is not pleased... or at least The Watcher doesn't think she should be!
    OSFFGZo.png
    That didn't work out!
    DRU4nop.png
    After the second fix... (the main shot for the day). They finally got married in the lobby! Just with the normal option to do it.
    I did open the kitchen and threw in a way for them to get drinks but they hit a gold star event without it!
    r4W95y1.png
    That just tickles me...
    UXjCwaw.png
    Doesn't look like the wedding night will have any blow your hair back moments.. Sorry Roxanne!
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Hermitgirl
    OMG I laughed so hard at that wedding. Too funny. Poor Roxanne!

Also, thank you all for the kind comments on my backstories. I may be having too much fun with this.. but at least I'm getting positive feedback for it! :heart:
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl - Congrats to Roxanne for being the first of the challengers to get married! I was kind of concerned when I saw the groom running away! lol But in the end, she got her robot-man. And was he a bad robot on their honeymoon? He's in the corner. Maybe having a time-out, right? lol ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Hermitgirl
    Omg, that wedding was fantastic :D I love that the game dressed Roxanne in black too, so perfect. Nester and Archie were so cute too, and I loved their reaction when she got left at the alter. So funny that Roxanne had to fix him at the alter too - loved your line about not going into a relationship thinking you're gonna fix your significant other :D Lol, and then she set the wedding arch on fire. This is getting better and better. This is way better than any wedding I've ever planned, LOL. Goes to show that going with the flow can ensue in hilarious hijinks.

Aw, that was kind of sweet that you got a twinge of jealousy when Ruby took to the nanny so fast. I'm sure that Jules felt a bit of that too, it's not easy being a working mother.

@IllusoryThrall
    And sibling #1 is just as troubled as his parents....it does make me curious to see Jazmyn will respond to her family life and what kind of personality she will have. As a child, she still might have some resilience that her parents and older siblings don't have. Nice work on your backstory as usual :)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Okay, new try...

I am not trying to redo all my comments, these are for all of you who posted before my failed attemp to post :) Basically, I did lots of congrats :smiley: Congrats to all who graduated, congrats to Sakura for getting in the uni, congrats to Essa for promotion!!

@Karababy52 , yes that is Everett in the sofa, he insisted on joining their conversation :) Haha at that knitting dialog :p And indeed that dead cowplant will lok great deco at Sv! :) and nothing wrong at Josh's butt :joy:

@Skeilah , yay, boy and girl!!!!!

@permanentrose , I love that pic where Ruby is trying to make Jules not to go :) Congrats for the promotion! :)

@Hermitgirl , Thank you :) The face paint is under makeup section in CAS :) Oh!! Yet again CONGRATS Roxanne for the marriage!! :smiley:

@IllusoryThrall nice to meet Marnie, Bennie and Benji :)

@Karababy52 , @permanentrose , @SoulGal7 and @Hermitgirl , thank you :) Throwing my laptop out from the window really felt it was a great idea at the moment. Gladly I did not :)

Melody Connors
    Day 25
    WEQtQ4l.png

And that blonde Dude.

P8auffx.png
    So, after showing Essa and Jules, I realized there was one more who was never in pictures.. Jenny!!! Astrid has been after all she is also a spellcaster.. So of to the studios we go!
    sb7DD4x.png

MBqio6V.png
    Of course her mom was there..

gR45UwD.png
    Okay Malcolm ( I have free will on)

5peQymx.png
    Veera: "is that your mother who is soon passing out behind me?"
    Malcolm: "yeah.. MOM!!!"

WEQtQ4l.png
    Jasper showed up.. still no Jenny! @AlwaysAsking FIRST TIME he did give his autograph!! He never gave it to Veera and he was so pissssssssssssssssed off when Veera refused to give hers! And those two were married!!

c5mJq66.png
    6f7JMob.png
    Haha he must not like Thorne Bailey at all :D

7E7urTN.png
    U4Yiy16.png
    Astrid tho gave her autograph to Melody :)

Thorne arrived, with that ah so cool suit of his!
    m9BoR3s.png
    Malcolm asked his autograph :D He refused!
    Thorne: "No! I saw what you did to my PLATE!

61KZVND.png
    pPIcUlR.png
    Melody: "So can I have your autograph??"
    Thorne: "Sure!!"
    Malcolm: " A-HAA..."

JWesEUi.png
    DUH!!!!

p7BUUAP.png
    FINALLY Jenny arrived!! <3

YxFdaic.png
    AND AWWWW!!! <3<3<3

P1qjHll.png
    Astrid really is not a fan of Thorne :D

bpjAJ4o.png
    Oh River was a leader of the genius club. Melody joined.

3mZrcTR.png
    Study hard.

X0Lg36G.png
    Malcolm , in the other hand crashed to the art club meeting..

8wdNvIc.png
    UUUHH.. Mortimer is a great model :D

• Options
    April - Day 25: Interlude

orI9daz.png

Notes

There really isn't much going on with Essa, Josh and Frank right now other than a lot of skilling and I've been trying to figure out where they'll live in Strangerville and what kind of house. So, I'm taking a break from writing any kind of notes today other than this to make a decision and perhaps start building. However, I will be back in a bit with comments on all your wonderful posts. Tomorrow's post will most likely be back to regular notes/story or perhaps a peek at progress on their home in Strangerville. Have a great day/night! <3
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Update 115 - Mario and Becca's Wedding

ccQ0Plh.png?1

Notes:
    The day of Mario and Becca's wedding had finally arrived.
    gwUZzDf.jpg

It was a beautiful ceremony.
    mQjI1Zy.png

And all my guests behaved so wonderfully :) (Don't even ask me about the set up for this wedding, I still want to pull my hair out thinking about :D)
    8BIVVc0.jpg

SO CUTE 😭
    IQmSmsh.png

Of course there was some dancing.
    EbQmXQ1.jpg
    w5wl28Z.jpg

And then good food. I just called them all to a meal, so it was fun to see who decided to sit next to who. Very telling that Brittany sat by Toby instead of Emmett...
    ER2txX6.jpg

Suddenly, Mario got that itchy rash moodlet. We can work with that...

"Hey, you okay?" Emmett asked, watching as Mario started scratching himself.

"I think I must be having a reaction to something in the food." Mario replied. "Would you mind running down to the dressing room and grabbing me some Benadryl? Becca keeps some in her purse - it's light blue. I just don't want to miss any of the toasts - I think they're about to start now."
    xGrlrZv.png

"No problem," Emmett told him. "I'll be right back."
    KFcN3vG.jpg

He saw Jules sitting by herself as he descended down the stairs. She had stepped away for a moment when Mario's grandmother had offered to watch Ruby for a bit after dinner. While the wedding had been lovely, it only made her realize how much she longed for something like this in her own life, and a pang of fear had rippled through her at the thought that it might never happen.
    irwpbm8.jpg

"You okay?" Emmett asked, sitting down beside her.
    DLMRDhX.png

"Yeah, I'm fine," she assured him. "Just got lost in thought for a moment. What are you doing down here?"

"Mario asked me to grab him some Benadryl from the dressing rooms - he's having a reaction to something in the food, poor guy. Wanna come with me?" Emmett asked.

Jules agreed, so they entered the dressing room together, only to stop short...

aBm6GLX.jpg
    0acqocV.png
    H34a83q.jpg

"Emmett, I can explain..." Brittany said, quickly rising from the couch.
    O26qF3m.jpg

"There's nothing to explain," Emmett hissed through gritted teeth. "Come on, Jules, let's get out of here..."
    HbYfWnh.png

Once outside, his anger faded quickly to grief. Jules didn't know what to say, so she sat down beside him, comforting him as best as she could.
    LHUrjgP.png
    pcXt5yc.png

"I think I'm just gonna go home," Emmett finally managed to say.

"Do you want me to come with you? Whatever you need - I'm here," she promised him.

"I'll be okay - I'm sure you need to get Ruby back home anyway," he told her softly. It was so like Emmett to put her needs over his. It made her heart ache even more. "I think I need some to be alone and process all this," he added.

She nodded, watching him walk away, hating to see him so lost and broken.
    2MLl73K.jpg
    --
    Did Mario ever get his Benadryl??? Hopefully, lol. Maybe Jules went back to get it after Emmett went home...anyway, finally, Brittany is starting to exit the picture...
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @permanentrose

Poor Emmett! I really feel for him. Brittany has been so possessive and so mean and cut people out of his life, only to turn around and cheat on him at a WEDDING. Seriously, I can't even imagine what he must be feeling.
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Hey everyone, I'm back! Kinda had to take a break, but I'll be posting just a normal update and going from there. I don't think I can catch up enough at this point.
  • Options
    @Skeilah
    Whoa! Quite the graduation/reveal party! o.O Good thing Patrick showed up when he did, he's quite the bad butt. I imagine Randi's ex, Jerrod, won't be showing his face around any time soon. Congrats to Bryon and Naoki for having a baby girl and boy! Yay! \o/ Looks like everyone had a fantastic time! That height slider made Kristine look so cute as a child just able to peek over the top of the table. :D Great update!

@permanentrose
    Aww, so nice of Dell to pack Jules a lunch. Congrats to her on the promotion! Cool how she got one her first day on the job too like Essa did.

Poor Ruby, not only does she have to say Goodbye to Dell & Sofia, but then the next day Goodbye to Mommy. Looks like the new Nanny is working out though. Very fun activities for toddlers from that Mod. Jules and Ruby will be just fine with Dell and Sofia out of the picture, but I'm sure they will be missed.

Ugh, I'm sorry, you can't convince me those things are cute or fun, nope! :D I hate the sounds they make and how they drool when you feed them. Just gross! *turns green* It will make a very nice/creepy decoration for Strangerville though. ;) Frank is a lot of fun! I'm just discovering all the added things he can do if you upgrade him with enhancements. Love that he's a Robo Nanny now. That'll come in handy when they have kids. :)

I guess it doesn't matter what skill level either one is because I noticed that Essa can already teach him to knit, even though he's at a higher level than her. LOL And vice versa, of course. Haven't done that yet though.

Oh good, glad the electrocutions have stopped!

What a great wedding! So pretty and everyone well behaved...well, except Brittany and Toby. o.O I feel bad for Emmett, but I'm SO glad you had those two catch them in the act. Bye Brittany, don't let the door hit you in the bum on your way out! Or better yet, yes, let it hit you in the bum, HARD! >:)

@SoulGal7 - Thanks for the Congrats! Yes, it will make a fabulous decoration (as intended ;)). I don't like those things. Can you tell? :D

@Hermitgirl
    Ummm, probably not a crew cut, but perhaps a shorter style. I don't know, we'll see. ;) Of course it's the Watcher's fault. I'm his scapegoat when he doesn't want to do something I guess. LOL If Roxanne comes around again, I'll at least make them chat and perhaps become friends. Up to them if anything romantic happens...maybe with a little nudge if it looks promising. ;)

I'd go ahead and cheat in that third trait for Roxanne, no worries on that. :)

HAHA! OMG! What a disaster of a wedding for Roxanne and Rubanoid! BUT, at least they did end up getting married and getting Gold at the end. Love how the game picked a black dress for her too, how fitting! So I'm guessing Roxanne set the wedding arch on fire herself, right? Poor Rubanoid relegated to standing in the corner on the wedding night though. No whir, whir, WHIRRRRRRHOOing for him! ;)

@IllusoryThrall
    Benji is quite the character, just like his Dad. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as the saying goes, eh? o.O It'll be interesting to see how these family members interact with each other. Can't wait to find out about whoever is next! And Jazmyn, of course. ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Aha, I thought so! Such a cutie! Thanks for the Congrats on Essa's promotion and graduation too! :) Glad to read I'm not the only one that thinks Josh's bottom is perfect. LOL

Glad you didn't throw your laptop out either! o.O

Veera looks fabulous! Of course Malcom's Mom is having a fit seeing her. I bet she fainted too! :D Jasper wouldn't give Veera his autograph even though they were married? o.O Uh, I think the game needs to be tweaked, that's just ridiculous!

HAHA! Serves you right Malcom, why should he give you one when you sprayed his star, I wouldn't either! Good on Melody for getting one though! ;) Aww, so sweet, Jenny and Jasper. Jenny is so darn cute! Hey Astrid, I feel you girl. I don't like Thorne either. He's gone in my game. Oh gosh, I just LOVE how confident River looks in that screenshot! Hmm, Morty does make a pretty good model. :)

@lilpadmeulin - Welcome back! :)
  • Options
    April - Day 26: Strange Southwestern aka Sunny Victorian Reno (WIP)

F9sH2O7.png

Notes
    iWW4CXH.png
    I had some ideas for what kind of house to build for Essa, Josh and Frank in Strangerville. My first thought was a Steampunk build using the JTB pack that I just got a couple days ago. However, I've never built anything like that before and have not done anything with that pack yet. I looked on the Gallery for ideas, and every single one on there, with the exception of very few, were huge with 2 or more bedrooms. They don't need a house that large, no kids yet for one thing. Plus, Steampunk builds have ALOT of clutter and stuff on them. I like clutter, but not that much. Just looking at those builds was intimidating thinking about building something like that.

My next idea was a Victorian. This style is what Maxis built for default homes in the plateau expensive neighborhood where they will live. I've built a couple of those before, but they were for Forgotten Hollow. I guess I could've tried building one from scratch again. But, a few months ago I saw a speed build by lilsimsie of a yellow Victorian that I fell in love with the exterior. Well, most of it. The interior? Not so much. I've renovated this once for another Sim, but wanted to do something different for Essa, Josh and Frank.

One of the changes I've made so far to the exterior includes removing a bunch of columns. lilsimsie likes putting them on every single corner of her houses, I personally believe it's not necessary. I also removed some very tall shrubs. In my experience these kind of shrubs make the game camera bounce all over the place, which is extremely annoying. I also changed the wildflower colors from pink to yellow/orange, added a finial to the very top roof piece and changed the roof pattern.

mXg6QOC.png
    On this side so far I removed a yellow/white base game awning above the top floor three windows. I've never liked that particular awning. I don't know yet if I'll use another awning or just a roof piece there.

OPd5POy.png
    In the backyard, I removed a fence, a pool and an umbrella table with chairs. I might put a pool back here again or possibly a greenhouse.

W418Muf.png
    Did not touch this side yet except for the aforementioned columns.

IWtGSK5.png
    I gutted the entire house, including room walls, all furnishings, paint and flooring. lilsimsie used an old-fashioned Victorian design in her build. I want to go with a somewhat 'newer' Victorian style using a lot of the Paranormal pack assets. The only thing I've done on the top floor that you see here is put down the wood flooring.

Their bedroom, an en suite full bathroom, office, art studio and possibly a gym for Josh will go up here. I just need to figure out where to draw walls for those rooms and where will the stairs go. I'm thinking the bedroom will be toward the front of the house where the rounded window area is located, which will be a sitting area.

FkYwwhC.png
    On the first floor, I put down the same flooring for now and began work on the living room. The empty area will include stairs to the second floor, the kitchen/dining area, a half bath and an entrance area.

OgYrXkN.png
    Coffee table is empty now, but it will have a TV and Josh's console once they move.

VgONJT4.png
    The blank wall area next to the bookcase is where I intend to put an archway or a door.

MQUmQSr.png
    Love that clock!

R01wV1U.png
    I think the yellow and teal go together really well.

Dp5hyEx.png
    Here's how it looks so far in the neighborhood. Notice there are no other houses, they have the entire area to themselves. I love this world, it is absolutely gorgeous! Essa will have no problem finding beautiful landscaping to paint here.

dhtaoyJ.png
    Gallery Link to lilsimsie's original build - *Note: For some reason she called it Sunny Victorian in her speed build but on the Gallery it's called...

Strange Southwestern

Sunny Victorian Home (Speed Build) by lilsimsie YT Video - *Note: Link starts at screenshots at the end of her version if you don't want to watch the entire speed build.

https://youtu.be/uwDlQxmZgxI?t=945

I will probably be working on this build for most of the week until they move and posting screenshots of my progress. There is one very exciting, at least to me, event though that might happen beforehand. If it does, I will be sure to post about it!

I apologize for really no story at this time, Essa's basically finished with everything she can do in Britechester, so I'm indulging myself in taking more time to build for next month this time.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Karababy52 I totally get being done with Britechester, I'm making up stuff at this point for Jules haha. The house you've picked is gorgeous - I love lilsimsie's builds, especially for just replacing Maxis lots. I actually replaced the whole town of Strangerville over the weekend with gallery builds, just since the community lots play a big role this month and I didn't want to look at the sad, empty maxis builds all month haha. The renovations you've made so far are lovely - the paranormal pack has some excellent items that fit that midwestern Victorian vibe (I don't know if I'm describing the style correctly, but the build items from Strangerville and the style of the houses on the plateau remind me of the old houses near South Bend, Indiana, where my brother went to college...) It's nice you have the week to really devote to this build, too, without feeling rushed or stressed, so I'm sure it will be especially gorgeous, though your houses are always lovely, no matter how long you have to build them or if you renovate or start from scratch. Jules' house for this month is going to be quite the opposite of yours haha...that's all I'll say for now, but I've had a fun time getting hers ready too.

And yes, FINALLY, I'm so glad to get the ball rolling with Emmett and Brittany's breakup. It was about time ;) No well wishes for Brittany or her future, I totally agree, she's a total witch ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top