Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Raycaster Falls - Update 4/25/2021 Decided to clear something up about the saved game file!

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
edited February 20 in Nominated Threads
Update 3/24/2021 and 3/28/2021

The world is now finished including the saved game file

This is the official cover image for the world
screenshot_original.jpg

Here's another view of the falls
screenshot_original.jpg

And finally an updated view of that big Bridge. You probably will have trouble seeing them, but I add some rocks in that river because I needed to stop sims from boating up the river to get to that fishing spot. It was the only way to stop that annoying routing issue.
screenshot_original.jpg

The world uses content from every single expansion packs, but no stuff packs. It uses some store content, but its all free. Like all of my worlds it will be completely CC free. I have to warn you guys through, this world is not recommended for low end machines. Even on computers that exceed the recommended system specs, I would highly recommend that you lower one or two of your graphics settings slightly to reduce lag. I will try to optimize the world a bit more before its finished, but I don't want to make too many radical changes to the map, and I have already tried some things like moving around the lots, that didn't do much to improve the framerate and actually made the city look worse.

Raycaster Falls includes all of the showtime venues including a custom made big show venue, as well as three of the Late Night Bar Venues. It also includes all of the careers, even the ones exclusive to into the Future. The only exception is the band career, since I didn't include all of the Late Night venues. Most Supernatural venues are included, with the only exclusions being the supernatural natural hangout and the vampire lounge. The town also includes all Pets venues with the exception of the special edition pet shop. Raycaster Falls has two museums, two hotels, one elixir shop, two consignment stores, a comic book store, and a robot emporium, as well as a library, gym, a laundromat, martial arts academy, Chinese Garden, nectary, and a festival lot / performance park. The city includes a large number of custom made houses and low rise apartments. Oh and I forgot to mention, Ashley Devine ( Wisteria ), if you're reading this, I included an arcade / coffee shop, that knowing you, I think you will love.

You will need to download these objects from the Sims 3 store. Don't worry. They are all free.
1. Gifts for the Holidays 2. Happy Valentines 3. Harvest Bounty 4. Happy St. Patrick's Day! 5. In the Dawn of Sims 6. Happy Holidays to your Furry Friends 7. More Holiday Presents 8. Eye of the Bolder 9. Happy Holiday Presents 10. More Halloween Treats 11. Happy Halloween : Gory Goodies 12. Halloween Treats 13. No Tricks Just Treats 14. Earth Day 15. Honeycomb Bookshelf

Here's a link to download the map via the exchange
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9453538

Here's the link to download the map via media fire
https://www.mediafire.com/file/oxsenk3zkbbv3g8/Raycaster_Falls_Final.zip/file

Now Here's the saved game file that you will need to install if you want to encounter my sims!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzz34o5ovnyutom/Raycaster_Falls_Story.zip/file

Don't forget that you will have to install the map first, than move the saved game file to the saves folder before it will work. Also, the saved game file you will need is called "Raycaster Falls Story.sims3" and it is inside the "Raycaster_Falls_Story.zip" folder along with the Raycaster Falls Households TXT document. Take the "Raycaster Falls Story.sims3" save folder out of the zip folder, after unzipping it, and move it to your "saves" folder. Do not move the entire zip folder to the "Saves" folder.

Update 3/29/2021

Turns out there was something very minor but important that I missed and none of my play testers noticed either. Turns out a chunk from the ceiling was missing from two of the starter homes. I would have fixed it in the next version of the map, trouble is the final version is already on the exchange. Now this is just minor thing, but a chunk of the ceiling was missing in both of the houses. It won't effect game play, but it will look bad, so I fixed that and put them on the exchange. Don't worry I tell you exactly where they go in the lot description if you have trouble finding them on the map.

Yellow Star Starter 3br 2ba
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9454295

Cool Blue Starter 2br 2ba
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9454296

Every screenshot below this line is out of date and my not represent exactly what the world currently looks like.

Update 4/4/2021

I seem to be noticing something odd. So far, the same number of people who downloaded Raycaster Falls via Media Fire, are the same number of people who downloaded the official saved game file. Just to clear things up, in case I said something that confused you guys earlier, the version of Raycaster Falls on the Exchange and uploaded to Media Fire, are exactly the same. The "Raycaster Falls Story" saved game file should work no matter where you downloaded Raycaster Falls from, unless you had downloaded one of the previous versions that are no longer available, in which case download Raycaster Falls via either Media Fire or the Exchange and than download the official saved game file from Media Fire.

Here's you first image of the downtown area.
screenshot_original.jpg

Here an upper middle class neighborhood by the beach, and that one big building behind all of those rocks is one of two hotels included in the world
screenshot_original.jpg

This is the cemetery, and a somewhat creepy house. I wonder who or what could live there?
screenshot_original.jpg

Take a look at this country area on the other side of bridge. That building near the beach is the town's nectary. Originally it was going to include a basement with two nectar making machines, but I had to get rid of the basement, because it ended up underwater. I'm guessing it was because its so close to sea level.
screenshot_original.jpg

This country road on the less developed side of the bridge leads to another creepy looking house, only this one is much large, and looks like whoever lived here, or currently lives here had / has a lot of money.
screenshot_original.jpg

Scroll down for Updates!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Looking forward to it, always enjoyed your worlds.=)
  • Options
    Thanks @GraceyManor!
    I will update the post as soon its available for beta testing.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Update 2/16/2021

The first beta for Raycaster Falls is here. Download it and try it out. Let me know what you think and if you found any problems with the world. I did make a few minor changes, but they should be noticeable so I will talk about about them here.

You might have some troubling noticing it at first, but the downtown area looks a bit different now. That's because I spaced out some of the buildings to improve the frame rate. You won't notice much improvement, on the highest settings, but trust me it is there.
    screenshot_original.jpg

I also added some flowers via terrain paint to give some more variety to the landscape
    screenshot_original.jpg

I also added a second public pool lot.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here is the list of free store objects that used in Raycaster Falls. I tried to make sure that I didn't use any that are no longer available.

1. Gifts for the Holidays 2. Happy Valentines 3. Harvest Bounty 4. Happy St. Patrick's Day! 5. In the Dawn of Sims 6. Happy Holidays to your Furry Friends 7. More Holiday Presents 8. Eye of the Bolder 9. Happy Holiday Presents 10. More Halloween Treats 11. Happy Halloween : Gory Goodies 12. Halloween Treats 13. No Tricks Just Treats 14. Earth Day 15. Honeycomb Bookshelf

The first beta for the map is no longer available
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Update 2/18/2021
    Come on guys! Download this and try it out, only two people have done so, so far, and we need more play testers!
    The first beta is no longer available

Free store objects that I used.
  • Options
    readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    Downloaded but working 3rd shift I will have to wait till Friday to get into your world and plop my sim in and try it out. Will let you know how it goes . See ya around Wisteria 's YT channel :)
  • Options
    Hope you enjoy it @readypost. Also, if you find anything wrong with it, or could use some improvement, please let me know.

Here's the free store objects that the world uses. Sorry I forgot to mention them earlier when I posted the download link at the top of the page. I mentioned them in the first update, but if downloaded from the first link, you might not have noticed them.

• Options
    @Damienf519 after a day playing (2 sim weeks ) its a really large world! Didnt find any routing issues , several live shows went off without a hitch, rabbit holes working just fine, dive lots working great.My sims got a lot use out of the martial arts academy, lots of equipement to use even when the NPC starting piling in . The only thing I found I needed to fix were the LN clubs ,no music so I just went into build mode and added the LN wall speakers ,set the music and added the dance floors. Both consignment shops worked fine ,both buying and selling items. Do have a question about the public lot The SandCastle ? In the description theres a mention about a secret in the old attic so of course my one sim a seasoned traveller had to investigate but didnt find anything out of the ordinary .What is the "secret" ?
    When the save file is ready ,cant wait to snag that as the description for some of the houses is very interesting. Especially that gothic house listed as "made for an evil fairy and her vampire minions "! Let me know if you need anything specific checked on that I might have missed. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @readypost Thanks for the suggestions. I will add some wall speakers to the Late Night bars, but I don't think I'll be adding any dance floors since there really isn't enough room for them, and none of them are dance clubs. I could add a dance club through if people insist, however.

Now that I think about it, I should have probably not used the word "secret" on the Sand Castle Museum lot. The "secret" in the attic I was talking about is that room with the alchemy station in it. Its not really a secret.

In the meantime, I'm glad you didn't find too many problems with it, and I've already made a few minor improvements that will be included in the next version.

What do you think of the situation with the spawners by the way? Should I include more of them? excluding the dive lots, I didn't include too many on the lots besides the wild flower and seashell spawners. Should I include more of them? Maybe put a few other types of spawners on those lots?

As for the saved game file. I will probably release one with the second version. Hopefully one that won't have any spelling errors.
  • Options
    A few more spawners would be a good idea but as it ran really well I would be worried about lagging if too many were added.I did see a few of the dog dig sites and the wildflowers here and there but not as abundant as in any of the EA worlds. Come to think of it ,I don't remember seeing any gemstones laying about and since my sims have mastered martial art they dont really need to hunt down the gems. I should probably put in a newbie sim and have them try to complete the collection skills and let you know how it goes.
    As for the clubs, it was the small dance floor I placed down with no problems at all and in just two of the clubs. Had to have some place for my married sims to slow dance in.
    And in the The Sand Castle lot,I was thinking I must have over-looked something, even made my sim pitch a tent and sleep there while trying to find the " secret" LOL .
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Update 3/24/2021

I've been doing some playtesting myself and noticed that there were a few mistakes that I had made earlier. Luckily I was able to fix them.
    The most obvious at least that I have come across so far involved Starbright Ranch, the place where the Mathers family will live if you download the upcoming saved game file. See if you can tell what I forget to include before I noticed it the other day?
    screenshot_original.jpg

I had forgotten to put anything in that little tiny room that is supposed to be a bathroom ( like a sink or a toilet, or even a light for that matter ). That's not much of a bathroom. I also forgot to include the wall textures inside the barn.

I really could use some more play testers. I am a bit disappointed that as of the time I'm writing this, less than ten people have downloaded the first Beta. In the worst case scenario I think I can manage without more people helping me, but I think I might have found out about the problem a bit earlier if more people were helping out. Still I fixed my mistake.

In the meantime, I appreciate all the help that I've gotten from those who have already decided to help me out, and I want to thank you.

I have managed to create the first nine households that will come with the saved game file. Hopefully there aren't too many other mistakes or issues with Raycaster Falls that non of us have noticed as of yet. The next version of the map along with the first saved game file should be coming fairly soon. Do not hold your breath however.
  • Options
    @Damienf519 checked out the spawners (used the collection helper reward ) and all seemed fine (seashells especially) there seemed to be a sparse few of the metal ones .For 2 sim days all that spawned in that time were 2 for iron and one for silver in the entire world. Also really liked the jumper course for the horses (even saved it for use in other worlds )It worked great ! Even the 4 townies the game generated who came to watch my sim and her horse running the course seemed to like it .I did add a community picnic table near the restroom building .
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Update 2/28/2021
    Some good news and bad news, but thankfully mostly good news. I am currently a bit more than halfway through creating the saved game file and the first version of the saved game file will be released with the second beta for Raycaster Falls. Unfortunately I won't be including all of the households that I originally planned on. I decided it was best if I cut back a bit, so I removed six of the households from the official list. Some of them were a bit redundant. For example, if I included them all there would have been two households, each with a single young woman and toddler. Two of the households that won't be included included multiple children or teenagers, so that might make the runaway teen challenge a bit more difficult, but not by much because there will still be a significant number of children and teens. There was originally going to be 42 households total in the world and over 140 sims and that was a bit much, as I reduced the number of premade households to 36 and the total number of Sims to just over 120. Some people begin to have issues if a world has more than 140 sims in it, so that should give you guys a bit more leeway. That might be a bit much, but keep in mind its very difficult to include sims in all the different careers, as well as all of the social groups, celebrities, and pets, and not make the world feel like a ghost town. There will still be a significant number of sims in the world of all ages, including pets, and for you monster lovers out there, I didn't get rid of any of the supernatural households.

I hope none of you are too disappointed by this.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    It looks like a great world! I don't have everything needed to play test it, sorry.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    It looks like a great world! I don't have everything needed to play test it, sorry.
    @ZeeGee No big deal. I feel bad, but its not the end of the world and there are a ton of high quality custom maps out there that you could try out instead.

Perhaps you'll have everything you need by the time I finish it, even if you don't eventually you might and then you'll get to play it, if you want.
    readypost wrote: »
    @Damienf519 checked out the spawners (used the collection helper reward ) and all seemed fine (seashells especially) there seemed to be a sparse few of the metal ones .For 2 sim days all that spawned in that time were 2 for iron and one for silver in the entire world. Also really liked the jumper course for the horses (even saved it for use in other worlds )It worked great ! Even the 4 townies the game generated who came to watch my sim and her horse running the course seemed to like it .I did add a community picnic table near the restroom building .

@readypost
    Thanks for your help. I don't really want to make valuable things like metals super common, but maybe I could add one or two more of the metal spawners somewhere. I like your community picnic table at the horse ranch Idea. Maybe I'll add one.
  • Options
    Update 3/7/2021

The second version of the of the map and the first version of the saved game file should be coming soon.

Also I decided to open up that one area of the map that you didn't have access to and place a few spawners there, as well as extend the road beyond that point and place a new lot there.

As you can see I also added a tunnel to create the illusion that there's another way out of town
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here's the new lot, "My Secret Pumpkin Patch"
    screenshot_original.jpg

I am going to start spelling checking the sims I created for the saved game file, either later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, If you have found anything wrong with the current version of map or you think could use some improvement, please let me know now or within the next few days.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Update 3/15/2021

The second Beta for Raycaster Falls is out. If you're wondering where the saved game file is, its included in this package.
    The Second Beta is no Longer Available

Once again, here's the list of the store objects that I used.

Please don't forget to let me know if you find anything wrong with this current version, or if there is anything about the world that you serious do not like. I am hoping that the next version will be the final one, and that I will be able to get it uploaded to the exchange.
  • Options
    Update 3/21/2021

There is some minor routing issues with the fishing spot that I've been trying to fix, but other than that, everything has been going fine. The final version of Raycaster Falls with the final version of the saved game file should be coming very soon. In the meantime I did make one visible improvement to the map and added another bridge near the coast.

You might recognize this area, but it looked kind of like a lake before, but it wasn't supposed to be a lake. I had tried putting an actual bridge there earlier, but I kept having routing issues with the boats. I was finally able to figure out how to make a makeshift bridge without issues. If you're wondering why I have those odd things on the end, well EA had to set it up so that the retaining walls that I used to create the bridge were completely open on one side. I had to hide those openings somehow.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Please let me know if there is anything about this world that you're having issues with or there is anything else you would like to change before the release of the final version. Now is the time. If there is anything you would like to recommend to me, or any problem you need to point out, please let me know in the next three to four days.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Update 3/24/2021

The Final version of the map is here, and I managed to even get it on The Exchange this time! Sorry the saved game file for the final version is not ready yet.

You will need to download these objects from the Sims 3 store. Don't worry. They are all free.

Here's a link to download the map via the exchange
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9453538

Here's the link to download the map via media fire
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/oxsenk3zkbbv3g8/Raycaster_Falls_Final.zip/file

The saved game for the final version should be coming soon. I will have to work on things like the graveyard ghosts and make sure that each house has the right amount of money to start out with.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Update 3/28/2021

The final version of the saved game file is finally here!
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzz34o5ovnyutom/Raycaster_Falls_Story.zip/file

Sorry if it took me a little while. I ran into a problem after creating the cemetery ghosts and had to start over again, otherwise it might have been here a bit sooner. Don't forget that the saved game file will not work if the map is not installed.
  • Options
    Update 3/29/2021

This is just a repost of what I put in the third update in the first post on page one

Turns out there was something very minor but important that I missed and none of my play testers noticed either. Turns out a chunk from the ceiling was missing from two of the starter homes. I would have fixed it in the next version of the map, trouble is the final version is already on the exchange. Now this is just minor thing, but a chunk of the ceiling was missing in both of the houses. It won't effect game play, but it will look bad, so I fixed that and put them on the exchange. Don't worry I tell you exactly where they go in the lot description if you have trouble finding them on the map.

Yellow Star Starter 3br 2ba
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9454295

Cool Blue Starter 2br 2ba
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9454296
  • Options
    musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    If it wasn't for the fact that I needed store content, I would give this world a try.
  • Options
    If it wasn't for the fact that I needed store content, I would give this world a try.

@musicman4365 That shouldn't be an issue since the store content is all free. None of it will cost you anything except a little bit of space on your hard drive, that you will barely even notice.

• Options
    Just a repeat of the updated I posted near the top of page one today, in case you guys didn't see it.

Update 4/4/2021

I seem to be noticing something odd. So far, the same number of people who downloaded Raycaster Falls via Media Fire, are the same number of people who downloaded the official saved game file. Just to clear things up, in case I said something that confused you guys earlier, the version of Raycaster Falls on the Exchange and uploaded to Media Fire, are exactly the same. The "Raycaster Falls Story" saved game file should work no matter where you downloaded Raycaster Falls from, unless you had downloaded one of the previous versions that are no longer available, in which case download Raycaster Falls via either Media Fire or the Exchange and than download the official saved game file from Media Fire.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Update 4/25/2021

If you downloaded the saved game file and it doesn't work please let me know. I haven't had any issues with it, but a blog recently did a world overview for Raycaster Falls, and they said they couldn't make the saved game file work. I think it might have been because they didn't understand something that I did that might have confused them, although I'm not sure. I will have to talk to them about it.

If in case it wasn't obvious, you're not supposed to unzip the zip folder and than place it in your "saves" folder. You are supposed to take the "Raycaster Falls Story.sims3" file that is inside the zip folder and move it to your "saves" folder rather than moving the entire unzipped zip folder directly to your "saves" folder. I will edit the top post in case this wasn't obvious to everyone
  • Options
    musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    So I decided to download the world minus the store content. Liking it so far.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top