Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Very unpopular opinion, I dislike Freetime in TS2 as one of the worst EPs ever. lol

I agree with this. I actually bought Freetime last year when Quarantine started and went "really? This is what everyone is raving about? These hobbies are ANNOYING!"

This is legit unpopular, I'd love to hear why!! Genuinely curious not looking to change your mind.

Staying on topic: I think sim pets are annoying. I don't care what iteration the game is, they always annoy me, even though I'm very attached to my cat irl lol.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Very unpopular opinion, I dislike Freetime in TS2 as one of the worst EPs ever. lol

I agree with this. I actually bought Freetime last year when Quarantine started and went "really? This is what everyone is raving about? These hobbies are ANNOYING!"

I used a mod to disable hobby enthusiasts breaking into your home. Its so intrusive. Also i wish they had less wants for hobbies(may be a mod out there). Its like all they ever think about!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

One of the things that bothered me with Freetime was that sims never liked the hobbies I wanted to give them, it was always a random hobby that didn't match with their personalities (well what little they had lol)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member

I hated the "lifetime happiness reward" or whatever it was called. The bar that slowly fills up and when it's full your sim will have platinum aspiration for the rest of their life. I hated it because I had quite a bunch of sims who weren't aging and the filling of this bar was inevitable. I'm someone who likes some chaos and mayhem so I really disliked them being happy all the time and not have any aspiration failures or other fails. The "fears" became completely meaningless to them which I didn't like.

One of the things that bothered me with Freetime was that sims never liked the hobbies I wanted to give them, it was always a random hobby that didn't match with their personalities (well what little they had lol)

Yeah, this too could get annoying at times.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I don't get the fun people get from laundry day. The build items are nice but when talking about game play fun isn't the word I would use to describe it. I guess this is less of an unpopular opinion to me and more of a question. Am I missing something?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I don't get the fun people get from laundry day. The build items are nice but when talking about game play fun isn't the word I would use to describe it. I guess this is less of an unpopular opinion to me and more of a question. Am I missing something?

I love having my sims complete realistic chores. In my game Saturday morning is usually dedicated to chores, homework, gardening, etc. Then they're free to enjoy the rest of the weekend.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    I don't personally care for children/families or romance themed things. Not my cup of tea. I'll probably not buy the Parenthood Game Pack and quite a few of the Stuff Packs. It's cool that we get to decide what elements we get to have in our games.

I thought that was an unpopular opinion, but I've seen others on here say it, so I'm not alone after all. Yay!

Also I'm not into Star Wars, so as much as I love the other two Destination GPs, I doubt I'll try that one. Sorry, Maybe I'm too much of a Trekkie to appreciate SW. :lol:
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited April 2021
    (Calmly walks out onto the stage, taps the microphone to make sure it's working, clears throat)

*Ahem*

"I hope we eventually get another Star Wars pack."

(Quickly turns around and runs off of the stage heading towards the exit door before getting hit with a flying tomato)

B)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    (Calmly walks out onto the stage, taps the microphone to make sure it's working, clears throat)

*Ahem*

(Quickly turns around and runs off of the stage heading towards the exit door before getting hit with a flying tomato)

B)

Playing off of that, I want a Sims Medieval for The Sims 4 structured like Journey to Batuu - a completely different, generally isolated world we can visit with our existing sims. (Just please let me build my own "hotel room")
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    [quote="AncientMuse;c-17864779"](Calmly walks out onto the stage, taps the microphone to make sure it's working, clears throat)

*Ahem*

[spoiler]"I hope we eventually get another Star Wars pack."[/spoiler]

B) [/quote]

LOL! Hey, it's fine with me though. If they make another Star Wars Game Pack it just means I get to save another $20.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Not actually sure how unpopular this one is but...

Playing Speculation Games with SimGuru Tweets generally leads to more anger and disappointment with the game than taking their tweets at face value/assuming they're just having fun (especially this year since they can't banter in the office).
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

*Ahem*

B)

You and me against the world. lol
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Ok, this is definitely unpopular: in my game I mix alpha cc and maxis all over the place and it doesn't bother me one bit. Some of my sims have alpha hair, some have maxis hair and those sims hang out and have a great time together lol
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Ok, this is definitely unpopular: in my game I mix alpha cc and maxis all over the place and it doesn't bother me one bit. Some of my sims have alpha hair, some have maxis hair and those sims hang out and have a great time together lol

I do that, too. I'm not fond of either "completely cartoony" or "super-realistic" so mixing them in ways that please me (and possibly only me) has become a sort of side-game for me.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    @VeeDub I'm glad I'm not the only one! :D and I agree - all that matters is that we like it; its our game after all.
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, however I would so love a Star Trek Gameplay Pack in Sims 4.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited April 2021
    @DaWaterRat ☕️
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Playing Speculation Games with SimGuru Tweets generally leads to more anger and disappointment with the game than taking their tweets at face value/assuming they're just having fun (especially this year since they can't banter in the office).

I know exactly where this opinion is based on. They’re seriously getting hella worked up on speculations? Trippin’ on a pack that isn’t even out yet? Crazy lol. Also it’s already in the final phases of R&D—just waiting to be launched—literally nothing they could do about it. It makes for some incredulous entertainment though.

Unpopular opinion: The Sims team should mix realism and occult gameplay together instead of rolling out these half-baked niche DLC’s specifically targeting one player base. Kinda like what they did with dust bunnies in that vacuum kit? I’m thinking fairies in a Generations pack. Werewolves in Farming. And zombies in a Hotel and Resort management one. It caters to everyone—even chaos players—and would be in the spirit of the OG franchise. They could just implement some sort of toggle to turn off the occult sims or whatever.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm not a Star Wars fan by any stretch of imagination but I honestly think a Star Wars pack COULD work out much better than Journey to Batuu has. Having an occult type where your Sim can be either a Jedi or a Sith can come with a lot of fun and unique powers, and there could be a lot more ways to use your light sabre than very restricted duels. I mean, putting a Sim into a chokehold or flinging them around sounds like a really fun way to torment Sims (and that is the extent of my knowledge of Star Wars).
    A1hnP0t.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    fairies in a Generations pack. Werewolves in Farming. And zombies in a Hotel and Resort management one.
    @orenjiAi how are those combinations so perfect. Nice job.

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    Really on topic:
    I love Batuu <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    @DaWaterRat ☕️
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I know exactly where this opinion is based on. They’re seriously getting hella worked up on speculations? Trippin’ on a pack that isn’t even out yet? Crazy lol. Also it’s already in the final phases of R&D—just waiting to be launched—literally nothing they could do about it. It makes for some incredulous entertainment though.

Unpopular opinion: The Sims team should mix realism and occult gameplay together instead of rolling out these half-baked niche DLC’s specifically targeting one player base. Kinda like what they did with dust bunnies in that vacuum kit? I’m thinking fairies in a Generations pack. Werewolves in Farming. And zombies in a Hotel and Resort management one. It caters to everyone—even chaos players—and would be in the spirit of the OG franchise. They could just implement some sort of toggle to turn off the occult sims or whatever.

I feel the intent behind the occult specific packs was so the life-states/occults would be fleshed out and developed, rather than being a side feature in a pack. I mean, look at mermaids and aliens, all they have going for them is their customisation and a few meagre minor powers. In comparisons to say vampires (before they were nerfed), They are fully customizable with a normal and dark form that can look wildly different from each other, they have skill trees that can be personalised to the players liking and they, want a Nosfuratu looking monster that can charm a sim out of their plasma? You can make it. On top of that, they have a small world to live in and occult specific lifetime achievement/aspirations.
    Even spellcasters while coming pre-nerfed to please the non-occult players, have customisation, skill trees, two worlds (which is technically one world cut in half) and lifetime achievements/aspirations in their favour.

So personally I'm glad they come in separate packs so that the people who want them can get their money's worth and people who don't want occults can sidestep them, while missing out on a few CaS and B/B items (as much as it sucks, but give and take and all that). All that aside, I could honestly get on board with them mixing the occults with other packs, but only and only if they gave the same amount of dedication to the occult stages. However, I doubt the people who want Farming and ONLY farming would be please to have werewolves "shoved down their throats"
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Hrm. Unpopular opinion...

I want them to add more collectibles, I think they're fun things to do and I like displaying the plaques on the walls with a little trophy room!
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I feel the intent behind the occult specific packs was so the life-states/occults would be fleshed out and developed, rather than being a side feature in a pack.
    I understand. I mean, being a realism player myself, I must admit that I have never even considered playing as the occults. So I couldn’t vouch for how badly or well integrated into the game they are. I guess I’m just being naïve and am still expecting that one day EA will miraculously roll out this TS3-tier EP where it actually adds something substantial to the game.

I am coming from this rather popular standpoint where the game is just too perfect. An insufferable utopia. Nothing ever happens to my Sims until I cause it myself. That’s unfortunately not the way real life works. Sometimes you try hella hard but just can’t catch a break. And sometimes you’re a lazy bum but everything still works out for you. Where is that chaos and unpredictability from the OG games? I need a satellite crashing down and setting their home on fire. Social bunnies and imaginary friends being hallucinated into life by lonely Sims. Burglars and paparazzi breaking into homes when they get rich and famous. Right now the most action my Sims are getting is being scared of a thunderstorm—which in my opinion could have at least been fleshed out to cause blackouts and/or puddles from leaky roofs. 🙄 Anyway, this is where the occult Sims come in.

Thanks @mightysprite! IRL I kinda believe in the supernatural. I have always loved a good scary story and folklore so while I personally don’t actively play with occult Sims, I let them exist in my game, hidden among us. I really liked what they did with the Paranormal SP and how it made living in a haunted house both chaotic and rewarding for your Sims so I was kinda hoping they went more with that direction. :smile:
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    The toddler lifestate is incredibly overrated.
    Some of the interactions are adorable, I'll give you that - but generally, it's plain tedious.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    MagicaCat wrote: »
    The toddler lifestate is incredibly overrated.
    Some of the interactions are adorable, I'll give you that - but generally, it's plain tedious.

yeah i agree- i hate dealing with toddler temper tantrums all the time. makes toddler tedious and makes me grateful (as of now) that i have aging on for all households so if i go back to their household they'd be a child already.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top