Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of sims player are you?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    Laid-back
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I originally started my Cole family six years ago, but never continued that specific one until recently. Now the family of 8(split into three households, though I only focus on one) is getting ready to become a family of 12 with the impending arrival of Ryder and Karsyn Cole's second set of twins!

Here's the family lineup of the whole family:
    Ryan* and Katherine Cole - Founders
    Madison(daughter) and Brett Covington
    Ryder(son) and Karsyn Cole

Brett and Madison's Children:
    Rebekah Covington - granddaughter (Teenager)
    Ryan* Covington - granddaughter (Child, grandpa Ryan's namesake)

Ryder and Karsyn's Children:
    Tristan Cole - grandson (Toddler, Twin-A)
    Raegan Cole - granddaughter (Toddler, Twin-B)
    Logan Cole - grandson (not born yet, Twin-A)
    Lyndon Cole- grandson (not born yet, Twin-B)

ETA: Does this answer your question? ;)
    XhFblx6.png

hahaha Wow!
    ~Z~
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2021
    Legacy / Family Player
    @zoldos9 Idk what it is with my game, but every time I've started over or decided to continue(like I am here) my game has been throwing twins into the mix. Every. Single. Time.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I fall into the colonist, whoo hooer partier, rotation, story teller so I couldn't pick just one. Probably if I had to though it would be colonist.
  • Options
    Laid-back
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    @zoldos9 Idk what it is with my game, but every time I've started over or decided to continue(like I am here) my game has been throwing twins into the mix. Every. Single. Time.

:D I have one baby, a toddler in one of my families. But the parents seem more interested in their jobs or stuffing their faces to bother with it. So, their teenage daughter takes care of the baby! lol
    ~Z~
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    I enjoy every aspect of this game, but I picked Completionist/Challenger because what I love above all else is doing challenges, especially Rags to Riches stories! Although, Building comes in a very close second. Not so much a completionist, but I do enjoy completing aspirations, leveling up skills and collecting with my Sims. Those things are usually completed as a part of a challenge though.

I'd also call myself somewhat of a Storyteller. At least lately with my own personal year long challenge. It's not so personal anymore though since a few others have joined me, which has made me very happy. :) I have also enjoyed writing roleplay back in the TS2 days and wrote a lot of it on my forum with members and my staff.

In summary, I would call myself a Challenge freak, that adores Building and an occasional Storyteller. <3
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    @GirlFromIpanema I use the dice in CAS for things that aren't already able to be randomized like Aspirations, then I might roll them for which town to move into, for career choice, or choice of which branch to go into if the career splits. I also use dice sometimes in relationship choices (should she marry A or B, for example; adopt a dog or cat?) I recently created a new Sim using the Story Mode, but rolled the dice for every question and picked an answer without really reading them. Result was a very random Sim, but interesting, too, and completely not influenced by my thoughts or feelings on the questions. :smile:
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    @cchant86 Thank you for replying. Maybe I should challenge myself a try this next time I make a new sim (I did try to have a sim live in a world I don't usually use once, I lasted less than a sim week before moving her somewhere I prefer haha).

• Options
    magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Rotational
    I play exclusively in a single save file, which I started a couple of years ago and I enjoy gradually populating all the worlds with my own sims and storylines, so I'm mainly a 'Rotational' player. However, I am also pretty laid back, as I use a tonne of mods and CC and cheat whenever I feel like it. I build occasionally, though badly, mainly focusing on filling the houses I make with an obscene amount of cc clutter lol
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    I'm a bit of rotational, and family, and skill builder. I like to raise my sims skills, careers, get them married, have children, then do the same for the children and so on with different households! But instead of making my own, what I normally do is that I randomly pick the random sims that are not in a household and move them in together and see what happens!
  • Options
    Laid-back
    I play exclusively in a single save file, which I started a couple of years ago and I enjoy gradually populating all the worlds with my own sims and storylines, so I'm mainly a 'Rotational' player. However, I am also pretty laid back, as I use a tonne of mods and CC and cheat whenever I feel like it. I build occasionally, though badly, mainly focusing on filling the houses I make with an obscene amount of cc clutter lol

Coolness. I have multiple saves and three or four households. Prolly make some new ones soon! :smiley:
    ~Z~
  • Options
    magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Rotational
    @zoldos9 haha cool, I make new families all the time too ^^ I’ve actually been considering starting a new save file recently as I’m curious to experiment with a couple of mods I’ve seen but don’t want to mess with anything in my original save. There’s an “eternal night” mod and I’ve been thinking about trying it and then making everyone in the world a vampire. I think it might be fun :)
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Rotational
    Mostly rotational, storytelling and generation gameplay but...pretty laidback,(they always have long life spans). I also love building but far far too lazy to replace everything ingame.
  • Options
    Laid-back
    @zoldos9 haha cool, I make new families all the time too ^^ I’ve actually been considering starting a new save file recently as I’m curious to experiment with a couple of mods I’ve seen but don’t want to mess with anything in my original save. There’s an “eternal night” mod and I’ve been thinking about trying it and then making everyone in the world a vampire. I think it might be fun :)
    haha Nice. The next pack I want to get is Vampires!! :smiley:
    ~Z~
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2021
    Builder
    I clicked on "builder" because I have been more of a builder than anything to date.

That said... I have generally built stuff with ideas and stories in mind. And I keep meaning to do more game play with those ideas and stories. I get on building binges though then wind up getting distracted by other games. And honestly, there are several builds that I have scrapped and started over with several times due to various reasons...
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Colonist
    Builder/colonist in equal parts. I move on to a new hood as soon as one is filled up. I rarely play them for any longer periods. Takes about 1 RL year to complete a hood, as I can tweak everything endlessly.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    LixLix Posts: 5 New Member
    Laid-back
    Laid back, I think it's the best way for me to enjoy the game.
    Sometimes I have fun making new worlds and trapping a lot of sims in one house to see who survives lol
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited April 2021
    not on the poll since my vote is none of the above since i keep aging fully turn off in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    All of the above to various degrees in different saves (and often various things within the same save), except for the Completionist/Challenger one. That's one thing I care little or nothing about in most games because I play them for the journey instead of the destination.

Same.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Laid-back
    Lix wrote: »
    Laid back, I think it's the best way for me to enjoy the game.
    Sometimes I have fun making new worlds and trapping a lot of sims in one house to see who survives lol
    lol What happens to them?
    ~Z~
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Mostly a legacy player, the challenges I do have to do with legacy in some way.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    None.... I just bend the game to make it do weird stuff for my own amusement. My sense of humor is very weird. So can’t really explain how I play.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    I do both Completionist and Legacy play styles, but I care more about each family member completing their goals over having a really large family. I also try not to have more than 8 sims in the family alive at the same time. I don't like splitting up my household. :o
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Rotational
    Differrent types:

*Builder: replace all items in the world with player's own creations
    *Colonist: replace all sims currently prepopulated in the world with their own creations
    *Completionist/Challenger: completes all game "goals" such as careers & aspirations. Also/or enjoys doing sim challenges.
    *Deviant: performs interactions just to see what may happen and / or creates a bit of chaos in their sim world
    *Laid-back: does not take the game seriously, plays for leisure and enjoys using cheats / cc depending upon the necessary purpose
    *Legacy / Family Player: creates an extensive family tree using only one sim
    *Role-player: takes on a personal role through their sims lives
    *Rotational: rotates from household, to household
    *Storyteller: performs actions in-game to create a story of which is written / depicted later
    *Woohoo hound / partyer: enjoys woohooing, enough said

Wow thanks for this because I'm all over the place., but didn't have a list. It's nice to think about this.

Builder: yes in the process of it. I would use more player created lots if not for MOO, pretty lots but stuff gets in the way.

Colonist: I really should have answered that instead of Rotational because I created several families, elders with their grown children and sometimes I go ahead and add a few spouses, place them in a neighborhood then start new families from those sims as they move out have kids and get married.

Completionist/Challenger: I like to build careers and skills.

Deviant: Na, but sometimes I'm tempted lol.

Laid Back: only cheated to get them started again because I was so far behind.

Legacy/Family player: Definitely family player and now I'm creating groups since I'm in the 3rd generation so I can get each age group together to socialize so hopefully they will now pick their own spouses.

Role-player: ?

Rotational: Yes I rotate from house to house and neighborhood to neighborhood.

Storyteller: Sometimes.

Woohoo: Well I can't even spell it if that tells you anything lol.
  • Options
    ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deviant
    I'm a Deviant Laid-back Rotational, with hints of Builder, Completionist/Challenger and Woohoo hound... I've played too much TS2 to be interested in family play... the preference for caos over family play can be seen also as a answer to the sexist society in which we live, because as a female in my late twenties almost everybody asks me when I will have babies
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited April 2021
    Laid-back
    The description for "laid back" best fits most of my saves and most of my play time. And yes, I absolutely use cc, cheats, and mods because I like playing with dolls more than I like playing games.

I also do the "storyteller" thing, actually screenshooting and writing for planned stories, but only for certain saves. And I do love building and making sims, but I don't replace everything with my own creations, just whatever I feel like.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".