Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with my strategy for Make a Wish Compilation

Hi everyone. So a lot of the stuff I want is pretty straightforward for the best price. However, I have various pieces to this set, mostly picked up in make me an offer, including quite a bit of stuff yesterday. So, what I have is:

A full compilation cys of 2345sp.

Storybook bathroom, storybook dining, storybook bedroom
Full Storybook has a CYS of 495 sp right now, with the Romantique chaise coming up before the compilation comes back around. Storybook living is 515.

I have the full set of Fairefolk Slumber. I also have the faire ceiling lamp from the Faire Folk den. The den has a CYS of 365 sp, which is the exact same as the faire folk furnishings. Furnishing's and attire are 1035, as I also got stardust. The Faire Folk attire separately is now 540 sp.

I have pauper hides a prince, and will most likely be getting village girl outfit when it comes up tonight unless I know there is a better path before then. The CYS for happily ever after clothing is 485sp. Once upon a time cottage is 1185. I have the quaint cooker stove and the porridge wall shelf from the happily ever after set. It has a cys of 765 sp.

The storybook stuff has already seemed to be a bit off on the amounts under the compilation on the cheapest thread (but not under the individual item sets). For instance, dining wasn't 17sp, but 75sp. It still seems that full Storybook will be part of my best option since I already have so much. I'm not sure about the happily ever after clothing and hair, though. Would I be better just trying to go for the faire folk den, to complete the faire folk slumber and den set? It ends up with a total value 104sp less than the clothing and hairstyles. With my extra pieces that have been picked (a couple of outfits, the stove and porridge shelf), it should make up that difference. It may still be less expensive to go for the clothing, though, as the total that shows up for that is less than for the den by itself. I think it would end up costing around 335sp for the den option.

If I want the compilation on this go-around, I won't be able to get the market square outfit for the clothing and hairstyles. I think that would make my cost around 314 to do the clothing and hair.

Does this look correct? I am hoping to get it on this go around so I can have this compilation, and the renaissance faire when I get Dragon valley, all while working on stuff for Lunar Lakes (almost there, just have to get up in the middle of the night for the futureshock kitchen, than start on atomic living; I have the futureshock loft on hold until I get simpoints with Dragon valley, since it doesn't have a daily deal) and Midnight Hollow (street couture kids and teens, technophone no more).

Oh, and has anyone ever tried the tanchoi touches top with the greenhouse for best of 2012? Or gotten just the greenhouse lately who checked their cys? I know a few years ago it would have worked (cys of 35sp after the greenhouse). I really want the enchanted bundle for Midnight Hollow and Moonlight Falls, and now have my eye of the whole cascade because I can see lots of uses, but am wondering if I will need the grill or not to get it. I can wait until I have more simpoints on this one as well, though. It mostly runs near the back of the cycle, except the grill.

Anyway, thanks for looking and if anyone can confirm or help me see if there is a better way for me, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    To get the Make a Wish for free at DD 853, you need a CYS of 1305sp or less. For the best of 2012, just getting the Greenhouse will give it a CYS of 35sp. This was confirmed by @BlueSpaarkle and you can trust this.
  • jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
    @Coriandre
    That helps. I think I need to do the den and the happily ever after clothes and hairstyles, with the other extras I already have. And that's really awesome with the greenhouse, then. I wasn't sure if it had been altered, but the animal abounds cascade wasn't, so...that probably hasn't either.
  • BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member
    edited April 2021
    Coriandre wrote: »
    To get the Make a Wish for free at DD 853, you need a CYS of 1305sp or less. For the best of 2012, just getting the Greenhouse will give it a CYS of 35sp. This was confirmed by @BlueSpaarkle and you can trust this.

Hey! Since you mentioned me, I just went to check again just to confirm this 100% and it turns out my CYS for 2012 Compilation was 35 sp because I previously owned India Inspirations Bedroom Set (I got it for free during the 2013 Christmas sale so it's on my first page in the purchase history and I totally forgot about it, sorry!)

But nonetheless, the "original" guide for the 2012 deal tells you to get the greenhouse and the grill to get the set for free and that absolutely stands and is correct. Actually, the gril costs 552 SimPoints, while the Indian Bedroom is conveniently on sale for 283 SimPoints meaning that you can get the whole 2012 Compilation by buying the greenhouse on DD + the Indian Bedroom for 283 sp and then you get the 35 CYS deal like I did. Sorry for a little misunderstanding! But anyhow, it's still an amazing deal, I mean those extra 283 Simpoints are nothing comapred to almost 6,000 Simponts the whole collection costs!

BTW, did you manage to get the collection yourself?
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿
  • CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    @BlueSpaarkle I got it by getting the grill for 150sp on DD and the Greenhouse. This made it free. @jojie4 Please read the post above to adjust your situation.
    Thank you @bluespaarkle and @coriandre . I will look for the grill when it goes around, then. And thank you for the true romance hairstyle, @BlueSpaarkle. It's possibly the best item for that set. It will be perfect for weddings and help me towards the compilation.
  • BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member
    Coriandre wrote: »
    @BlueSpaarkle I got it by getting the grill for 150sp on DD and the Greenhouse. This made it free. @jojie4 Please read the post above to adjust your situation.

Glad to hear you got it! I guess then getting the grill and the greenhouse really is the best and cheapest way. Going with the Indian Bedroom is a good way if you don't want to wait for the gril to get on the DD, and it's only about 100 SimPoiunts more. But once again, those guides here on forums are really the best ones, regardless of the fact that they're from 2015 because nothing has changed on the store since.

jojie4 wrote: »
    Thank you @bluespaarkle and @coriandre . I will look for the grill when it goes around, then. And thank you for the true romance hairstyle, @BlueSpaarkle. It's possibly the best item for that set. It will be perfect for weddings and help me towards the compilation.

You're welcome! I love love love that hairstyle as well! Good luck collecting your sets :)
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿
    I think, based on the value of the India Inspirations bedroom set, I could get it for free as well, or almost, with the Lord Vladimir's cauldron. I may try that if I don't get up in the middle of the night for the grill. It goes on DD #805 for 162sp, and has a full value of about 60sp more than the bedroom set. If it doesn't make it completely free, it should at least make it rather inexpensive for cys.